Dali Lama scraps idea of reincarnation China not happy about this.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dali Lama scraps idea of reincarnation China not happy about this.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-10/china-attacks-dalai-lama-over-bid-to-cease-reincarnation/6296420

I really hate the bullshit claim that China is "atheist" like say I am an atheist or Dawkins is. China's population is full of Buddhists, whom, like Jews, can partake in rituals and superstitions without believing in a personal god. This isnt about atheism at all, this is about competing sects of the same religion. No different than say liberal Catholics vs the right wing Catholic league. A personal god not being the center of Buddhism does not mean it is superstition free. Reincarnation is a superstition and China's Buddhist population does not like the head of their club bucking old social norms.

But I will give him credit baring ditching his religion completely, glad he isn't clinging to that bullshit claim. China is a very superstitious country and Buddhism is part of it regardless if it's club members don't subscribe to a god belief. They still believe in spirits and the magic of numbers and reincarnation. It is still a religion and this is simply a split in the interpretation of it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
brian, much like the

brian, much like the evangelical christian, believes he's won the fight even before it starts.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:brian, much

iwbiek wrote:
brian, much like the evangelical christian, believes he's won the fight even before it starts.

I wish we had more christians stopping by, it would be more fun to debate than Brian, at least in my opinion.