Two Tennessee High School Girls Basketball Teams INTENTIONALLY try to lose a state playoff game...a WTF

Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Two Tennessee High School Girls Basketball Teams INTENTIONALLY try to lose a state playoff game...a WTF

 

 

Riverdale, Smyrna girls deliberately try to lose game, get kicked out of playoffs

 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/02/23/riverdale-smyrna-girls-basketball-teams-removed-from-postseason/23889277/  

 

I HOPE this link works in one of my OPs.  

 


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
 http://www.tennessean.com/s

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/02/23/riverdale-smyrna-girls-basketball-teams-removed-from-postseason/23889277/

Again...MY a link fails.  I HATE this format.  The link in the OP failed and I placed the whole link in this post and it will not form a link.  Just copy and paste  this in the browser.  Sorry about the technical difficulties. 


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Lol!I guess, strategically,

Lol!

I guess, strategically, it was the right decision. Maybe if they had not been so obvious.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15717
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Can someone give me a

 Can someone give me a cliff notes on it, went to the link keep gettin stuck on a pop up add, no "x" to close it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Can someone

Brian37 wrote:

 Can someone give me a cliff notes on it, went to the link keep gettin stuck on a pop up add, no "x" to close it.

Both teams wanted to lose so that they wouldn't have to play a school who was really good and who had beaten them both earlier in the season.

The loss would put them in a different bracket for the play offs.

What was amazing is that the coaches told the girls to make shots on the other basket, meaning, "shoot the ball in to our rival basket so they will gain points".

At one point the refs of the game knew what was going on but no one knew why.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15717
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 As much as I hate the

 As much as I hate the utopian sale of "if you don't win or move up the ladder, you are a piece of shit",  this really is not a good message to send kids. I don't think society should sell winning, titles and paychecks as automatic morality, or that "if you just do it" crap, but this is just stupid.  

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: As much as I

Brian37 wrote:

 As much as I hate the utopian sale of "if you don't win or move up the ladder, you are a piece of shit",  this really is not a good message to send kids. I don't think society should sell winning, titles and paychecks as automatic morality, or that "if you just do it" crap, but this is just stupid.  

Huh?


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Honestly, this type of shit

Honestly, this type of shit happens all the time in professional sports everywhere, whether it be NBA, MLB, both footballs, hockey, etc. Tanking to get a better draft pick, putting your best players on the bench for the next game, faking an injury for points and field position, intentionally hitting the other team with the ball out of spite...you name it, it's been done. (steroids, anyone?)

It actually annoys me how so many people are reading this story and immediately chastising these girls from their moral high horses. The TSSAA annoys me too. They made some money off of it; that's probably all they care about.

The only thing these girls did wrong, imo, was they made it too obvious to the referees and the crowd. Hypothetically, if only one of these teams had played with the intention of losing and had not made it obvious, then both teams would had moved on, but with the winning team having to play Blackman, the defending national champion, in an elimination game. It's certainly plausible for that team to then lose to Blackman while the other team continues to regionals. If most of the people watching the video were on that eliminated team, would they say, "Oh, it sucks that the other team lost on purpose so that we had to play Blackman. Our season is over now while they're going to regionals. Oh well, we have our integrity."? 

I think not. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3904
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Sounds like socialism in

Sounds like socialism in action. Reward failure and everyone decides not to try.

That is why tournoments normally reward the best teams with the easiest seeding. What happened in this case?

Remember suck for Luck?

 

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:That is why

EXC wrote:

That is why tournoments normally reward the best teams with the easiest seeding. What happened in this case? 

Lmfao.

Yep, maybe the TSSAA should set up the brackets for every sport, every year, such that high schools that lose non-elimination games will be placed in a better position for elimination games later on. Then, whenever they think a school isn't trying their hardest to win, they can slap them with a fine. They should increase the fine too, since Tennessee values integrity, hehe.

$PROFIT$ *cough* I mean, uh..... $$INTEGRITY$$

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3904
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Yep,

butterbattle wrote:
Yep, maybe the TSSAA should set up the brackets for every sport, every year, such that high schools that lose non-elimination games will be placed in a better position for elimination games later on. Then, whenever they think a school isn't trying their hardest to win, they can slap them with a fine. They should increase the fine too, since Tennessee values integrity, hehe.

$PROFIT$ *cough* I mean, uh..... $$INTEGRITY$$

 

So the reward will be for the best actors.. As a fan a Shakespear, you should be happy.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3904
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: As much as I

Brian37 wrote:

 As much as I hate the utopian sale of "if you don't win or move up the ladder, you are a piece of shit",  this really is not a good message to send kids. I don't think society should sell winning, titles and paychecks as automatic morality, or that "if you just do it" crap, but this is just stupid.  

So societies that don't sell winning are winners in your mind?

But In order to achieve this change, you have to win in politics. So people should pursue political power instead of wealth. Still a game to win at, right? How do you win with people that don't think winning is important?

Time to outlaw Darwinism.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
Soccer had an even weirder

Soccer had an even weirder one once. 

 

 In a qualification game for the 1994 Caribbean CupBarbados deliberately scored a late own goal in a successful attempt to qualify for the finals by forcing golden-goal extra time against Grenada, as an unusual tournament rule stated that golden goals counted double in calculating goal difference. Needing a two-goal victory to qualify, Barbados found themselves 2–1 up with three minutes left of normal time. After the Barbadians scored an own goal to bring the scoreline level at 2–2, Grenada tried to score in either net while Barbados defended both goals for the final three minutes of normal time.[3] Barbados won the game in extra time and advanced to the next round.[4]

 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: So the reward

EXC wrote:

So the reward will be for the best actors.

Teehee. Train them early so they can compete with the best?

At least they're not high school soccer players. Oooooohhhhhhh!!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyK1owU3e6Y

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
 They could solve this

 They could solve this problem by having a single elimination tournament, like the NCAA tournament.  You would not have all these silly shenanigans. 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15717
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Brian37 wrote: As

EXC wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 As much as I hate the utopian sale of "if you don't win or move up the ladder, you are a piece of shit",  this really is not a good message to send kids. I don't think society should sell winning, titles and paychecks as automatic morality, or that "if you just do it" crap, but this is just stupid.  

So societies that don't sell winning are winners in your mind?

But In order to achieve this change, you have to win in politics. So people should pursue political power instead of wealth. Still a game to win at, right? How do you win with people that don't think winning is important?

Time to outlaw Darwinism.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

No, Darwin was a man, not a political ideology, "Darwinism" is a fucking stupid term. It was created as a demonzation to his contribution to scientific knowledge.

Our species is diverse, it is a range, and unfortunately both cruelty and cooperation work. No one should say winning is always bad. No one should say there should be no inequity. "Winning" is a point of view issue, not an ethical issue. The winner is certainly going to think from their point of view they are doing the right thing. 

 

The part our species misses is we can succeed by replicating and spreading ideas that we think work for the group we belong to. In evolution that does work, but that does not always make it moral. We can all think of justifications for our success, where humans fail morally is our lack of understanding that we are not a separate species.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3904
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

No, Darwin was a man, not a political ideology, "Darwinism" is a fucking stupid term. It was created as a demonzation to his contribution to scientific knowledge.

Our species is diverse, it is a range, and unfortunately both cruelty and cooperation work. No one should say winning is always bad. No one should say there should be no inequity. "Winning" is a point of view issue, not an ethical issue. The winner is certainly going to think from their point of view they are doing the right thing. 

 

The part our species misses is we can succeed by replicating and spreading ideas that we think work for the group we belong to. In evolution that does work, but that does not always make it moral. We can all think of justifications for our success, where humans fail morally is our lack of understanding that we are not a separate species.

I get it. To you, the real winners should be those that pretend to show the most compassion and fiegn the most victimization. I need to learn to be an actor, then I'll be a winner.

You want to change the rules(to the victims goes the spoils) so you'll have a better shot at winning, and I'll be the loser.

But actually examining or even discussing the root cause of the intense competition is strictly verboten. So we just fight over what  the rules should be.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15717
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Brian37

EXC wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

No, Darwin was a man, not a political ideology, "Darwinism" is a fucking stupid term. It was created as a demonzation to his contribution to scientific knowledge.

Our species is diverse, it is a range, and unfortunately both cruelty and cooperation work. No one should say winning is always bad. No one should say there should be no inequity. "Winning" is a point of view issue, not an ethical issue. The winner is certainly going to think from their point of view they are doing the right thing. 

 

The part our species misses is we can succeed by replicating and spreading ideas that we think work for the group we belong to. In evolution that does work, but that does not always make it moral. We can all think of justifications for our success, where humans fail morally is our lack of understanding that we are not a separate species.

I get it. To you, the real winners should be those that pretend to show the most compassion and fiegn the most victimization. I need to learn to be an actor, then I'll be a winner.

You want to change the rules(to the victims goes the spoils) so you'll have a better shot at winning, and I'll be the loser.

But actually examining or even discussing the root cause of the intense competition is strictly verboten. So we just fight over what  the rules should be.

 

 

Oh fuck off, if you want me to feel sorry for those with way more than they need, cry me a river. Please tell me you are not that stupid to think those with less hate all wealth. Inequity is not the issue, gap is. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:EXC

Brian37 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

No, Darwin was a man, not a political ideology, "Darwinism" is a fucking stupid term. It was created as a demonzation to his contribution to scientific knowledge.

Our species is diverse, it is a range, and unfortunately both cruelty and cooperation work. No one should say winning is always bad. No one should say there should be no inequity. "Winning" is a point of view issue, not an ethical issue. The winner is certainly going to think from their point of view they are doing the right thing. 

 

The part our species misses is we can succeed by replicating and spreading ideas that we think work for the group we belong to. In evolution that does work, but that does not always make it moral. We can all think of justifications for our success, where humans fail morally is our lack of understanding that we are not a separate species.

I get it. To you, the real winners should be those that pretend to show the most compassion and fiegn the most victimization. I need to learn to be an actor, then I'll be a winner.

You want to change the rules(to the victims goes the spoils) so you'll have a better shot at winning, and I'll be the loser.

But actually examining or even discussing the root cause of the intense competition is strictly verboten. So we just fight over what  the rules should be.

 

 

Oh fuck off, if you want me to feel sorry for those with way more than they need, cry me a river. Please tell me you are not that stupid to think those with less hate all wealth. Inequity is not the issue, gap is. 

 

So just because somebody has more in your mind than what they need is an excuse for government to come in and steal it from them even if they lawfully acquired it?  That is what socialism is.  Government stealing from those who have simply because they have it.  Matches a dictionary definition of theft. 


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3904
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Oh fuck off,

Brian37 wrote:

Oh fuck off, if you want me to feel sorry for those with way more than they need, cry me a river. Please tell me you are not that stupid to think those with less hate all wealth. Inequity is not the issue, gap is. 

Compassion is a game I don't play for anyone(neither is the fuck off game). I want you to examine what you really believe and why you believe it. Isn't that what you ask theists to do?

Darwinism implies that the world should be a very competitve place. So you just want to change the rules a little, so you'll win more at others expense. Correct?

In order to change the rules, don't all the players need to believe the change will benefit themselves? You failed at doing that, the compassion/victitimization stratagy is a big time loser.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:(neither is the

EXC wrote:
(neither is the fuck off game.)



yeah, neither you nor brian play the fuck off game, which is why i found it ironic he used the phrase with you. but please, the two of you have at it, like two parrots squawking catchphrases at each other from separate cages on opposite ends of the room. "EVOLUTION!" "POPULATION!" "SOCIALISM!" "LAMBORGHINI!" (squawk, whistle)

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3904
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:EXC

iwbiek wrote:
EXC wrote:
(neither is the fuck off game.)

yeah, neither you nor brian play the fuck off game, which is why i found it ironic he used the phrase with you. but please, the two of you have at it, like two parrots squawking catchphrases at each other from separate cages on opposite ends of the room. "EVOLUTION!" "POPULATION!" "SOCIALISM!" "LAMBORGHINI!" (squawk, whistle)

Yes, just generalize your critisism instead of addressing sepecific points that you disagree on. That way you can avoid laying out a rational rebuttal.

That game doesn't work with me either.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Yes, just

EXC wrote:
Yes, just generalize your critisism instead of addressing sepecific points that you disagree on. That way you can avoid laying out a rational rebuttal.

That game doesn't work with me either.




interesting, considering that's the game you just tried to play over on the OU thread.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3904
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: interesting,

iwbiek wrote:

interesting, considering that's the game you just tried to play over on the OU thread.

No. That game is called kicking your ass.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:iwbiek wrote:

EXC wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

interesting, considering that's the game you just tried to play over on the OU thread.

No. That game is called kicking your ass.

 




hoss, you'll have to pull your head out of yours if you ever want to have a hope of finding mine. you're a dilettante and a laughing-stock on this forum, and everyone knows it. even your likeliest ally, beyond, thinks you're full of shit.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 Can someone give me a cliff notes on it, went to the link keep gettin stuck on a pop up add, no "x" to close it.

Both teams wanted to lose so that they wouldn't have to play a school who was really good and who had beaten them both earlier in the season.

The loss would put them in a different bracket for the play offs.

What was amazing is that the coaches told the girls to make shots on the other basket, meaning, "shoot the ball in to our rival basket so they will gain points".

At one point the refs of the game knew what was going on but no one knew why.

That sounds remarkably familiar. Didn't South Park do something similar?

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:EXC

iwbiek wrote:
EXC wrote:
(neither is the fuck off game.)



yeah, neither you nor brian play the fuck off game, which is why i found it ironic he used the phrase with you. but please, the two of you have at it, like two parrots squawking catchphrases at each other from separate cages on opposite ends of the room. "EVOLUTION!" "POPULATION!" "SOCIALISM!" "LAMBORGHINI!" (squawk, whistle)


Oh my god I nearly shit myself laughing.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3904
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:[hoss, you'll

iwbiek wrote:
[

hoss, you'll have to pull your head out of yours if you ever want to have a hope of finding mine. you're a dilettante and a laughing-stock on this forum, and everyone knows it. even your likeliest ally, beyond, thinks you're full of shit.

So I should to conform my beliefs to be the popular with the group? Resist saying what I really think so as to not be thought of as stupid? I played that game already, it was called religion.

At least this site has helped me understand why the world is so fucked up. And how persistent  group preesure caused be to accept religion indoctrination at a naive age.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
believe it or not there's a

believe it or not there's a middle way. being a conformist is not usually a wise decision, but when absolutely everyone is telling you you're oversimplifying things, that should at least give you pause. i know i've been lumping you with brian a lot lately, but unlike him i don't think your ego is significantly involved in hanging onto your arguments, nor does it seem to me you either ignore what others write or else have serious comprehension problems. surely others can persuade you to at least temper your thinking somewhat?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Dude, EXC is the ORIGINAL

Dude, EXC is the ORIGINAL Brian. Every single thing Brian does to piss you off, he learned from EXC. The only differences between them is political stripe and number of posts per day. This idiot has been using the exact same strawman argument against me for more than seven fucking years. Evrery single thing that he posts is a direct copy of shit that got shot down nearly a decade ago.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.