Faux News Canada is dead.

Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Faux News Canada is dead.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/13/sun-news-network-shuts-down-putting-200-out-of-work-after-four-year-run-for-fox-news-north/

 

I can't even say I feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs. For one, there weren't many to be lost. And for another, anyone who aspires to journalism but happily works for a tabloid news service doesn't deserve journalism work in the first place.

Now if you fine American folks can just out the original, things will be a bit better.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15645
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Brian Williams gets called

 Brian Williams gets called out on his fabercations, yet Fucks News uses their lies as a badge of honor. Jon Stewart made the point very well, "imagine if the same scrutiny of Brian Williams was put to the actual war itself".

It would be awesome if that sanity would spread down here. Both Murrow and Cronkite saw this age of Jerry Springer journalism comming, maybe if more things like this happen it will get journalism back to where it should be. It really has to be an honest product for a free society to exist. 

I do think there is hope to some shift back to that because the internet as big and diverse as it is makes scrutiny really hard to run from. 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
That's excellent news! Just

That's excellent news! Just earlier this week, SNN popped up on my facebook newsfeed as a suggested page. I thought...seriously??? What am I doing wrong?

 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Vastet

Vastet wrote:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/13/sun-news-network-shuts-down-putting-200-out-of-work-after-four-year-run-for-fox-news-north/

 

I can't even say I feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs. For one, there weren't many to be lost. And for another, anyone who aspires to journalism but happily works for a tabloid news service doesn't deserve journalism work in the first place.

 

                 

 

  Perhaps your thinking would have fit right in with the group who attacked and killed the staff at the offices of Charlie Hebdo.   Just like you, I don't think these attackers "feel sorry" for the people who lost their jobs.  They just took their approach further than perhaps you would. 

  Your disturbing comment "...anyone who aspires to journalsim but happily works for a tabloid news service doesn't deserve journalism work in the first place" indicates a similar mind set just without the lethal intent.  Incidentally the covers of Charlie Hebdo sarcasticlly include the phrase "irresponsible journalism".  Anything Fox Canada ever dessiminated would be light weight fluff compared to the intentional offensiveness of Charlie Hebdo.

You may not endorse their murderous methods but judging by your quote above you seem to embrace the attacker's message.

 

   

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
      Bill Maher on

 

 

    Bill Maher on free speech and  liberal bullying:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXZ-eCEpAI#t=186

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
This is sad...for what ever

This is sad...for what ever the reason, either the Canadian public or the Canadian government cannot handle, and have become intolerant of a differening viewpoint.  


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

 

 

    Bill Maher on free speech and  liberal bullying:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXZ-eCEpAI#t=186

when I clicked on your link it said.."Video unavailable".

 


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Brian

Brian37 wrote:

 Brian Williams gets called out on his fabercations,...

 

   Brian Williams is getting called out by the people who actually pay his salary.   It has nothing to do with appeasing any right wing critics.

 

 

 

Brian37 wrote:
yet Fucks ( < how clever Brian ! ) News uses their lies as a badge of honor. Jon Stewart made the point very well, "imagine if the same scrutiny of Brian Williams was put to the actual war itself".

 

 

 

 

     Then please tell Jon Stewart that Brian Williams is one of those persons whose job it was to apply SCRUTINY to the war.  But when it becomes obvious to even NBC that Brian Williams can't seperate fantasy from reality then he loses his crediblity ( except with nut jobs like yourself ) and the net work will fire him.  It's as simple as that.

 

   The latest example of Brian William's delusional reporting:  www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/brian-williams-faces-additional-questions-as-seal-team-6-berlin-wall-claims-under-scrutiny-1.9936...

 

  If this link doesn't work just google "Brian Williams, SEAL team 6" and you should get hits on the latest findings.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5424
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 I am confused as to how

 I am confused as to how anyone can sit and watch any television news channel, you are getting news that is often old, from people who have zero expertise or knowledge about most of what they report on and the format prevents any real depth. To make it worse, the reporters are in such a hurry, they barely fact check and rarely bother to research the context of a story. In an age where experts on any topic, in any industry, have blogs that go in depth on the issues affecting their profession and claims can be quickly and immediately crosschecked, TV news is antiquated. For any story that doesn't include a Kardashian, you might as well consult a fortune cookie.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:when I

Burnedout wrote:

when I clicked on your link it said.."Video unavailable".

 

 

  Let me see if I can correct that.  www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bill+maher%2c+liberal+bullying&FORM=HDRSC3

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I am

Beyond Saving wrote:

 I am confused as to how anyone can sit and watch any television news channel, you are getting news that is often old, from people who have zero expertise or knowledge about most of what they report on and the format prevents any real depth. To make it worse, the reporters are in such a hurry, they barely fact check and rarely bother to research the context of a story. In an age where experts on any topic, in any industry, have blogs that go in depth on the issues affecting their profession and claims can be quickly and immediately crosschecked, TV news is antiquated. For any story that doesn't include a Kardashian, you might as well consult a fortune cookie.

 

  The problem for Brian Williams ( or any person in the public eye ) is that their statements become a matter of record.   Their statements exist in perpetuity to later be examined by anyone at anytime and by those who don't have the constraints of being in a "hurry."   I know this, you know this .....so why wouldn't someone  supposedly as media savy as Williams not figure that out ?  Is he really that out of touch with reality ?

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
  Actually I don't dislike

  Actually I don't dislike Brian Williams, myself.   I even heard right wing media pundit Rush Limbaugh express that Williams was one of the few MSM personalities that seemed to consistently treat Limbaugh in an even-handed, totally objective manner.  

  Besides, the kind of statements that Williams is being criticized for are not even political in nature, no indication of agenda driven reporting or bias.   No, he just  seems to make shit up so that he becomes part of the story himself instead of just sticking to the actual facts.  It's sad to watch him self-destruct and the only upside for him is at least he'll retire in wealth.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5424
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 Who knows, maybe he is in

 Who knows, maybe he is in the early stages of a mental disease or perhaps he has been enjoying acid & shrooms on his off hours. Or maybe he was just fucking bored and wanted to see if anyone actually listens to what he says. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I am

Beyond Saving wrote:

 I am confused as to how anyone can sit and watch any television news channel, you are getting news that is often old, from people who have zero expertise or knowledge about most of what they report on and the format prevents any real depth. To make it worse, the reporters are in such a hurry, they barely fact check and rarely bother to research the context of a story.




so iow, i might as well get my news from brian.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15645
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Beyond Saving

iwbiek wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:

 I am confused as to how anyone can sit and watch any television news channel, you are getting news that is often old, from people who have zero expertise or knowledge about most of what they report on and the format prevents any real depth. To make it worse, the reporters are in such a hurry, they barely fact check and rarely bother to research the context of a story.


so iow, i might as well get my news from brian.

Yep because Buddhism explains everything and we all know it was arround at the beginning of evolution and a requirment for evolution. Lets forget about all the superstitions religions of the Orient and Asia still have. Oh, I guess you forgot your lecture about how I knew nothing about Buddhism.

Yep, the sun and the planet require religion to exist and all religions are valid and created the big bang. Yep, it is evident that the start of "all this" was religion, prior to the background radiation and the singularity. It could not be that humans make them up because it merely feels good.

Buddhism, and Hinduism and Christianity and Islam were all a requirement for the dinos to exist and even the water bear that survived 5 mass extinctions. It couldn't be humans make crap up because they like it.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:

 I am confused as to how anyone can sit and watch any television news channel, you are getting news that is often old, from people who have zero expertise or knowledge about most of what they report on and the format prevents any real depth. To make it worse, the reporters are in such a hurry, they barely fact check and rarely bother to research the context of a story.


so iow, i might as well get my news from brian.

Yep because Buddhism explains everything and we all know it was arround at the beginning of evolution and a requirment for evolution. Lets forget about all the superstitions religions of the Orient and Asia still have. Oh, I guess you forgot your lecture about how I knew nothing about Buddhism.

Yep, the sun and the planet require religion to exist and all religions are valid and created the big bang. Yep, it is evident that the start of "all this" was religion, prior to the background radiation and the singularity. It could not be that humans make them up because it merely feels good.

Buddhism, and Hinduism and Christianity and Islam were all a requirement for the dinos to exist and even the water bear that survived 5 mass extinctions. It couldn't be humans make crap up because they like it.

 




brian, in what logical system is being a "requirement for evolution" a prerequisite for something having merit? i'll go ahead and answer because you won't: none.


now, you put forth this ridiculous straw man, that religions claim they are required for life to happen, because you can't argue with religions on their own claims. i can, and do. i can dismantle religious claims 100x more effectively than you, and i have. on this very site, as a matter of fact. when will you just admit that i'm not defending religion, i'm attacking your arrogant stupidity? and my attack is justified.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15645
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 No straw man on my part. I

 No straw man on my part. I accept humans come to conclusions outside science. But there still so far is only one way to settle competing claims, and religion and god belief is not a valid method. It is merely the wishful thinking of human beings.

If you want to defend antiquity and naked assertions because others like that, fine. But without testing and falsification all anyone is left with is their own personal mental masturbation.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:But there

Brian37 wrote:
But there still so far is only one way to settle competing claims, and religion and god belief is not a valid method.



i never said religion has any place settling competing claims. you're straw manning again. i don't know if it's deliberate or if you really are just that obtuse.


Brian37 wrote:
their own personal mental masturbation.




masturbation, mental and otherwise, has its function. i see no inherent problem with mental masturbation.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5424
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Beyond Saving

iwbiek wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:

 I am confused as to how anyone can sit and watch any television news channel, you are getting news that is often old, from people who have zero expertise or knowledge about most of what they report on and the format prevents any real depth. To make it worse, the reporters are in such a hurry, they barely fact check and rarely bother to research the context of a story.


so iow, i might as well get my news from brian.

Well he is unemployed, if MSNBC sends someone over to fill in for Williams, I think Brian is well qualified to have a show there. You should send in your resume Brian.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Vastet

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Vastet wrote:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/13/sun-news-network-shuts-down-putting-200-out-of-work-after-four-year-run-for-fox-news-north/

 

I can't even say I feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs. For one, there weren't many to be lost. And for another, anyone who aspires to journalism but happily works for a tabloid news service doesn't deserve journalism work in the first place.

 

                 

 

  Perhaps your thinking would have fit right in with the group who attacked and killed the staff at the offices of Charlie Hebdo.   Just like you, I don't think these attackers "feel sorry" for the people who lost their jobs.  They just took their approach further than perhaps you would. 

  Your disturbing comment "...anyone who aspires to journalsim but happily works for a tabloid news service doesn't deserve journalism work in the first place" indicates a similar mind set just without the lethal intent.  Incidentally the covers of Charlie Hebdo sarcasticlly include the phrase "irresponsible journalism".  Anything Fox Canada ever dessiminated would be light weight fluff compared to the intentional offensiveness of Charlie Hebdo.

You may not endorse their murderous methods but judging by your quote above you seem to embrace the attacker's message.

 

   

You misunderstand my opposition. The charlie hebdo shit was literally incomparable. They are a satirical magazine that, I'm quite sure, has a line somewhere within admitting that they are not a true news service. There is absolutely no comparison between a satirical magazine and a news service which claims to be bringing real and factual news to the public yet instead delivers lies and opinion columns.

Satire is great. Opinions are great. Even when I don't like them.

 

But telling everyone lies on a daily basis and pretending to be a legitimate news service so they buy your bullshit is as horrific as the burning of libraries and people to sway others to your cause. I am not the least bit ashamed of my views, and I WOULD support the summary imprisonment of anyone and everyone who disseminates false and/or misleading information in the guise of a legitimate source of information. It should be the most heinous crime imaginable. Hopefully it will be, some day.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:  I am not

Vastet wrote:

  I am not the least bit ashamed of my views, and I WOULD support the summary imprisonment of anyone and everyone who disseminates false and/or misleading information in the guise of a legitimate source of information. It should be the most heinous crime imaginable.

So regarding NBC, Brian Williams and his growing list of "misremembering" incidents, you would advocate for his incarceration ?    Williams is a perfect example because for years he was paid an enormous salary to be a straight up news guy.  Fiction ( aka, lying ) is not his purview yet apparently he had a serious habit of needlessly attempting to spice up his stories with details that originated within his mind, instead of reality.  Who the fuck did he think he was, Garrison Keillor ?

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
 To those who would want to

 To those who would want to silence FOX, you don't have to agree wtih them, but if you think they should be silenced, what makes you any better than the Nazis and Stalin's Russia?  This is not an attempt to use Godwin, but a real question.  If you try to silence, you are no better than a terrorist.  


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3804
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
I believe the news media

I believe the news media wanted the Iraq war for entertainment purposes. No war means no need for reporters. So going along with the IRAQ war was good for business.

The news media has a vested interest in keeping human suffering at a high level.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:I believe the news

EXC wrote:

I believe the news media wanted the Iraq war for entertainment purposes. No war means no need for reporters. So going along with the IRAQ war was good for business.

The news media has a vested interest in keeping human suffering at a high level.

 

   I believe the Iraq war was actually cooked up by current members of the Illuminati, Council On Foreign Relations, Tri Lateral Commission, Jewish Bankers, Haliburton, the Military Industrial Complex® ....and Brian Williams.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5424
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
As if any of them could do anything without the Mothership

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

EXC wrote:

I believe the news media wanted the Iraq war for entertainment purposes. No war means no need for reporters. So going along with the IRAQ war was good for business.

The news media has a vested interest in keeping human suffering at a high level.

 

   I believe the Iraq war was actually cooked up by current members of the Illuminati, Council On Foreign Relations, Tri Lateral Commission, Jewish Bankers, Haliburton, the Military Industrial Complex® ....and Brian Williams.

 As if any of them could do anything without the Mothership

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:] As if

Beyond Saving wrote:
]

 As if any of them could do anything without the Mothership

 

 

   Wow, that was fricking weird.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3804
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:EXC

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

EXC wrote:

I believe the news media wanted the Iraq war for entertainment purposes. No war means no need for reporters. So going along with the IRAQ war was good for business.

The news media has a vested interest in keeping human suffering at a high level.

 

   I believe the Iraq war was actually cooked up by current members of the Illuminati, Council On Foreign Relations, Tri Lateral Commission, Jewish Bankers, Haliburton, the Military Industrial Complex® ....and Brian Williams.

Follow the money. They don't need to communicate to have a conspiracy. Just people  acting in their own best interests, while pretending to act in the public interest.

This RRS doesn't really want to end irrationality because that would end the need for RRS. All a freakn conspiracy.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: This RRS doesn't

EXC wrote:

 

This RRS doesn't really want to end irrationality because that would end the need for RRS.

 

    Does anyone here actually need this web site ?   As an atheist I was doing just fine before I found this place.

 

 

 

EXC wrote:
All a freakn conspiracy.

                           

                            Thank you for your insights.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:As an

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
As an atheist I was doing just fine before I found this place.



no, you weren't. you had no fucking voice. YOU HAD NO FUCKING VOICE!!!

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4114
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: no, you

iwbiek wrote:

no, you weren't. you had no fucking voice. YOU HAD NO FUCKING VOICE!!!

 

    iwbiek, I think Brian37 may have hacked into your account   ^  LOL.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Vastet

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Vastet wrote:

  I am not the least bit ashamed of my views, and I WOULD support the summary imprisonment of anyone and everyone who disseminates false and/or misleading information in the guise of a legitimate source of information. It should be the most heinous crime imaginable.

So regarding NBC, Brian Williams and his growing list of "misremembering" incidents, you would advocate for his incarceration ?    Williams is a perfect example because for years he was paid an enormous salary to be a straight up news guy.  Fiction ( aka, lying ) is not his purview yet apparently he had a serious habit of needlessly attempting to spice up his stories with details that originated within his mind, instead of reality.  Who the fuck did he think he was, Garrison Keillor ?

I've only heard of the NBC/Williams situation in passing, so I reserve the right to alter my statement after reception of new facts, but yes I would throw him in prison and allow NBC to recoup his salary through suit.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote: To those

Burnedout wrote:

 To those who would want to silence FOX, you don't have to agree wtih them, but if you think they should be silenced, what makes you any better than the Nazis and Stalin's Russia?  This is not an attempt to use Godwin, but a real question.  If you try to silence, you are no better than a terrorist.  

The Nazi's and communists attempted to do exactly the same thing Faux does. If you don't think Faux should be silenced, then you should similarly support the Nazi's and Stalinists. They used exactly the same tactics. Though admittedly they also had authority Faux doesn't have, if Faux had that authority they would be no different. I oppose all liars who use lies to advance agendas that are based in falsehood.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Burnedout

Vastet wrote:

Burnedout wrote:

 To those who would want to silence FOX, you don't have to agree wtih them, but if you think they should be silenced, what makes you any better than the Nazis and Stalin's Russia?  This is not an attempt to use Godwin, but a real question.  If you try to silence, you are no better than a terrorist.  

The Nazi's and communists attempted to do exactly the same thing Faux does. If you don't think Faux should be silenced, then you should similarly support the Nazi's and Stalinists. They used exactly the same tactics. Though admittedly they also had authority Faux doesn't have, if Faux had that authority they would be no different. I oppose all liars who use lies to advance agendas that are based in falsehood.

 

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU AFRAID OF?  YOU want to silence opposition.  YOU want to shut down what you THINK is lies.  I would think you would want them to keep talking and discredit themselves, but instead you are sooooo afraid of them, what they are saying, I suspect you think they are telling the truth and it burns your ass.  If they are truly lying then you should have no problem discrediting them, and not to youself and those who are in the same bubble as you, but to those who agree with them.  Short of that, you are no better than the Nazis.  They silenced anyone who dared break with the party line.  


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:WHAT THE

Burnedout wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

Pain is the only thing I truly fear.

Burnedout wrote:
YOU want to silence opposition.

No. If I wanted to silence opposition then I'd be suggesting everyone who disagrees with me on anything should be imprisoned. I'm not.

Burnedout wrote:
YOU want to shut down what you THINK is lies.

No again. I want to shut down what I KNOW are lies. More specifically, I want to shut down any authority or publication (that doesn't explicitly admit to said lies) which relies on lies to exist. I want Faux news to die. I don't want you to die.

Burnedout wrote:
I would think you would want them to keep talking and discredit themselves,

If being discredited meant noone paid attention or believed anything you said then I could go for that. But that's not how things work.

Burnedout wrote:
but instead you are sooooo afraid of them, what they are saying,

Ridiculous. If they actually scared me I'd have already taken matters into my own hands, and a number of people would now be dead.

Burnedout wrote:
If they are truly lying then you should have no problem discrediting them, and not to youself and those who are in the same bubble as you, but to those who agree with them.  Short of that, you are no better than the Nazis.  They silenced anyone who dared break with the party line.

Just like Faux does. Bill O'Reilly and his silence button. Anchors shouting down opposition. You're a Nazi yourself, and you don't even realise it. Sad irony.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Pain is the only

Quote:
Pain is the only thing I truly fear.

Yeah RIGHT.  I think you fear that someone may agree with someone whom you disagree with.  

Quote:
No. If I wanted to silence opposition then I'd be suggesting everyone who disagrees with me on anything should be imprisoned. I'm not.

If you think it is lies, you should want it to keep going.  If you cannot discredit them by your efforts, then you are not a very good communicator and maybe what you are saying is not credit worthy.  OH...and Shutting down opposition newspapers IS what the Nazis did.  Don't believe me, see:  https://books.google.com/books?id=qdZ0VRQTSYgC&pg=PA48&lpg=PA48&dq=Nazis+shut+down+opposition+newspapers&source=bl&ots=6xvz2yaw9R&sig=9c14uP9Df7Ukkzj8GsDAB7Ug2jI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ksfnVLKUOYKWgwT73YCACQ&ved=0CEYQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=Nazis%20shut%20down%20opposition%20newspapers&f=false  

By you wanting Fox shut down, you are no better than the average Nazi. 

Quote:
No again. I want to shut down what I KNOW are lies. More specifically, I want to shut down any authority or publication (that doesn't explicitly admit to said lies) which relies on lies to exist. I want Faux news to die. I don't want you to die.

OH...then PROVE they are lies and publish the facts.  Sounds to me you are more afraid of them.  

Quote:
If being discredited meant noone paid attention or believed anything you said then I could go for that. But that's not how things work.

Sounds as if you are trying to manufacture an excuse, and a poor one at that.  You just don't like any opposition.  What's next, are you going to try to silence anyone who agrees with the Canadian Conservative Party, or egads...the Bloc Quebecois Party?  Maybe you should want to live in Iran or North Korea.  They would give you what you want. 

Quote:
Ridiculous. If they actually scared me I'd have already taken matters into my own hands, and a number of people would now be dead.

BULL SHIT!  You don't have it in you to do with your own hands.  I doubt you would even know how to kill someone who is not on your gaming system.  You want to hide behind the government and make them do what you would not do.  

Quote:
Just like Faux does. Bill O'Reilly and his silence button. Anchors shouting down opposition. You're a Nazi yourself, and you don't even realise it. Sad irony.

So you are more afraid of a few words by Bill O'Reilly or someone who has a loud voice than you are of someone from your government who would want to silence you next.  Congratulations...YOU ARE LIVING IN FULL DENIAL.  You just want to silence something annoying because you don't like it.  ROFLMAO!!!!!! 



Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote: I think

Burnedout wrote:
 I think you fear that someone may agree with someone whom you disagree with.

I know for a fact you haven't a clue how to think.

Burnedout wrote:
If you think it is lies, you should want it to keep going.

Why exactly should I want lies disseminated as if they were truth? You're worse than a nazi. You're a nazi combined with an Orwellian complex.

Burnedout wrote:
By you wanting Fox shut down, you are no better than the average Nazi. 

Says the nazi who pines for 1984.

Burnedout wrote:
OH...then PROVE they are lies and publish the facts.  Sounds to me you are more afraid of them.

Lol you're an idiot.

Burnedout wrote:
Sounds as if you are trying to manufacture an excuse, and a poor one at that. You just don't like any opposition 

Pot meet kettle.

Burnedout wrote:
What's next, are you going to try to silence anyone who agrees with the Canadian Conservative Party, or egads...the Bloc Quebecois Party?  Maybe you should want to live in Iran or North Korea.  They would give you what you want. 

A demonstration of your reading comprehension, which is roughly equivalent to a 5 year old.

Burnedout wrote:
BULL SHIT!  You don't have it in you to do with your own hands.  I doubt you would even know how to kill someone who is not on your gaming system.  You want to hide behind the government and make them do what you would not do.  

I couldn't care less about your opinions on me, kid.

Burnedout wrote:
So you are more afraid of a few words by Bill O'Reilly or someone who has a loud voice than you are of someone from your government who would want to silence you next.  Congratulations...YOU ARE LIVING IN FULL DENIAL.  You just want to silence something annoying because you don't like it.  ROFLMAO!!!!!! 

Classic projection. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Burnedout

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
 I think you fear that someone may agree with someone whom you disagree with.
I know for a fact you haven't a clue how to think.
Burnedout wrote:
If you think it is lies, you should want it to keep going.
Why exactly should I want lies disseminated as if they were truth? You're worse than a nazi. You're a nazi combined with an Orwellian complex.
Burnedout wrote:
By you wanting Fox shut down, you are no better than the average Nazi. 
Says the nazi who pines for 1984.
Burnedout wrote:
OH...then PROVE they are lies and publish the facts.  Sounds to me you are more afraid of them.
Lol you're an idiot.
Burnedout wrote:
Sounds as if you are trying to manufacture an excuse, and a poor one at that. You just don't like any opposition 
Pot meet kettle.
Burnedout wrote:
What's next, are you going to try to silence anyone who agrees with the Canadian Conservative Party, or egads...the Bloc Quebecois Party?  Maybe you should want to live in Iran or North Korea.  They would give you what you want. 
A demonstration of your reading comprehension, which is roughly equivalent to a 5 year old.
Burnedout wrote:
BULL SHIT!  You don't have it in you to do with your own hands.  I doubt you would even know how to kill someone who is not on your gaming system.  You want to hide behind the government and make them do what you would not do.  
I couldn't care less about your opinions on me, kid.
Burnedout wrote:
So you are more afraid of a few words by Bill O'Reilly or someone who has a loud voice than you are of someone from your government who would want to silence you next.  Congratulations...YOU ARE LIVING IN FULL DENIAL.  You just want to silence something annoying because you don't like it.  ROFLMAO!!!!!! 
Classic projection. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

 

Hmmm..."Orwellian Complex"....I want ALL opposition to speak their mind...even broadcast it...unlike you.  What is funny, I asked you to disprove anything that was said by Fox News and you called me names...and that isn't Naziesque?  You never answered me.  Do you want to silence the Canadian Conservative party or the Bloc Quebecois party? You think it is OK for the government to be a heavy and silence people.  Well...I posted the link that explains that is exactly what the Nazis did.  Live in your little delusion if you wish.  You lost.  You started calling me names...ROFLMAO!!!!!!


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout

Burnedout wrote:
Hmmm..."Orwellian Complex"....I want ALL opposition to speak their mind...even broadcast it...unlike you.

Liar. I've already said I have no problem with people speaking their minds. I have a problem with people broadcasting lies and opinions as if they were facts on media that has been established specifically to be used for facts and only facts. But you just go ahead and keep making shit up.

Burnedout wrote:
What is funny, I asked you to disprove anything that was said by Fox News and you called me names.

Google is your friend. I don't make a habit of wasting time educating trolls.

Burnedout wrote:
Do you want to silence the Canadian Conservative party or the Bloc Quebecois party?

Again, no.

Burnedout wrote:
You think it is OK for the government to be a heavy and silence people.

Nope.

Burnedout wrote:
Well...I posted the link that explains that is exactly what the Nazis did.

The nazi's also made up a lot of shit and broadcast their moronic views as fas as they could, just like you.

Burnedout wrote:
Live in your little delusion if you wish.  You lost.  You started calling me names...ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Right back at you. I win. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Burnedout

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
Hmmm..."Orwellian Complex"....I want ALL opposition to speak their mind...even broadcast it...unlike you.
Liar. I've already said I have no problem with people speaking their minds. I have a problem with people broadcasting lies and opinions as if they were facts on media that has been established specifically to be used for facts and only facts. But you just go ahead and keep making shit up.
Burnedout wrote:
What is funny, I asked you to disprove anything that was said by Fox News and you called me names.
Google is your friend. I don't make a habit of wasting time educating trolls.
Burnedout wrote:
Do you want to silence the Canadian Conservative party or the Bloc Quebecois party?
Again, no.
Burnedout wrote:
You think it is OK for the government to be a heavy and silence people.
Nope.
Burnedout wrote:
Well...I posted the link that explains that is exactly what the Nazis did.
The nazi's also made up a lot of shit and broadcast their moronic views as fas as they could, just like you.
Burnedout wrote:
Live in your little delusion if you wish.  You lost.  You started calling me names...ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Right back at you. I win. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

 

AWWW.....LOOKIE...HE CALLED ME TROLL!!!.......what else can you do besides that?  


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Vastet

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
Hmmm..."Orwellian Complex"....I want ALL opposition to speak their mind...even broadcast it...unlike you.
Liar. I've already said I have no problem with people speaking their minds. I have a problem with people broadcasting lies and opinions as if they were facts on media that has been established specifically to be used for facts and only facts. But you just go ahead and keep making shit up.
Burnedout wrote:
What is funny, I asked you to disprove anything that was said by Fox News and you called me names.
Google is your friend. I don't make a habit of wasting time educating trolls.
Burnedout wrote:
Do you want to silence the Canadian Conservative party or the Bloc Quebecois party?
Again, no.
Burnedout wrote:
You think it is OK for the government to be a heavy and silence people.
Nope.
Burnedout wrote:
Well...I posted the link that explains that is exactly what the Nazis did.
The nazi's also made up a lot of shit and broadcast their moronic views as fas as they could, just like you.
Burnedout wrote:
Live in your little delusion if you wish.  You lost.  You started calling me names...ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Right back at you. I win. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

 

AWWW.....LOOKIE...HE CALLED ME TROLL!!!.......what else can you do besides that?  

I can do a lot more than you. Smiling

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Burnedout
Posts: 540
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Burnedout

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
Hmmm..."Orwellian Complex"....I want ALL opposition to speak their mind...even broadcast it...unlike you.
Liar. I've already said I have no problem with people speaking their minds. I have a problem with people broadcasting lies and opinions as if they were facts on media that has been established specifically to be used for facts and only facts. But you just go ahead and keep making shit up.
Burnedout wrote:
What is funny, I asked you to disprove anything that was said by Fox News and you called me names.
Google is your friend. I don't make a habit of wasting time educating trolls.
Burnedout wrote:
Do you want to silence the Canadian Conservative party or the Bloc Quebecois party?
Again, no.
Burnedout wrote:
You think it is OK for the government to be a heavy and silence people.
Nope.
Burnedout wrote:
Well...I posted the link that explains that is exactly what the Nazis did.
The nazi's also made up a lot of shit and broadcast their moronic views as fas as they could, just like you.
Burnedout wrote:
Live in your little delusion if you wish.  You lost.  You started calling me names...ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Right back at you. I win. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

 

AWWW.....LOOKIE...HE CALLED ME TROLL!!!.......what else can you do besides that?  

I can do a lot more than you. Smiling

LOL..I am sure you can ...hell, you might even be able to pleasure yourself without even using your hands....Eye-wink


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Vastet

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Burnedout wrote:
Hmmm..."Orwellian Complex"....I want ALL opposition to speak their mind...even broadcast it...unlike you.
Liar. I've already said I have no problem with people speaking their minds. I have a problem with people broadcasting lies and opinions as if they were facts on media that has been established specifically to be used for facts and only facts. But you just go ahead and keep making shit up.
Burnedout wrote:
What is funny, I asked you to disprove anything that was said by Fox News and you called me names.
Google is your friend. I don't make a habit of wasting time educating trolls.
Burnedout wrote:
Do you want to silence the Canadian Conservative party or the Bloc Quebecois party?
Again, no.
Burnedout wrote:
You think it is OK for the government to be a heavy and silence people.
Nope.
Burnedout wrote:
Well...I posted the link that explains that is exactly what the Nazis did.
The nazi's also made up a lot of shit and broadcast their moronic views as fas as they could, just like you.
Burnedout wrote:
Live in your little delusion if you wish.  You lost.  You started calling me names...ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Right back at you. I win. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

 

AWWW.....LOOKIE...HE CALLED ME TROLL!!!.......what else can you do besides that?  

I can do a lot more than you. Smiling

LOL..I am sure you can ...hell, you might even be able to pleasure yourself without even using your hands....Eye-wink

Maybe. Smiling

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.