Show #4 Socratic method with Kim the Christian and humor segment with Reverend Jebediah Oglethorpe

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Show #4 Socratic method with Kim the Christian and humor segment with Reverend Jebediah Oglethorpe

The 4th episode of The Rational Response Squad radio show. In this show Sapient attempts to use the Socratic method exclusively and as you can see Rook Hawkins had a hard time doing so. Kudos to Mike for a job well done. Hopefully you'll see how the socratic method can be employed to bring your Christian friend to the path of righteousness by simply holding their hand as they find the path themselves. The last segment of the show is comedic in nature with Reverend Jebediah Oglethorpe.

Questions asked and stumbled over:

Why should I believe in God?

Are there contradictions in the bible?

Does the bible talk to you?

Should I stone my son when he disobeys me? Did Jesus change the Old Testament?

Is the Bible literal or metaphorical?

How do you know that your god is the correct one?

How can your base your entire life on something you admit is flawed?

If you realized that the god of the bible wasn't real, would you be able to recognize that you personally had the strength to get through your tough times?

How did you know that it was Jesus that got you through your tough times?

How do you know it wasn't Allah that got you through your tough times?

Do you recognize that it was god that got you addicted to drugs in the first place?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 my favorites to ask are1)

my favorites to ask are

1) is the bible literal or metaphorical.

2) if they answer either from question #1, then you ask, 'Where does it tell you this?"

3) How do you know your god is the correct one?

4) If they tell you "God says so" then I reply "That's quite a self centered god you have there"