Tut Row Raggy

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15723
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Tut Row Raggy

Remember a few years back when some idiot screwed up the priceless painting trying to fix it? Well it looks like they let Tom Cruise leave a Porche in park again. This time a U Boat commander fucked up the mask of King Tut. EPIC DOH! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/21/king-tuts-mask-damaged_n_6520910.html

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 They must have been

 They must have been huffing the epoxy. How fucking stupid.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15723
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: They

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 They must have been huffing the epoxy. How fucking stupid.

 

It is funny but I can't really talk myself. I don't like owning expensive things because I have always been a clutz. But this is a monumental, "SON OF A BITCH!"

I couldn't work at the Smithsonian. I'd spill coffee on the orignial Constitution.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 They must have been huffing the epoxy. How fucking stupid.

 

It is funny but I can't really talk myself. I don't like owning expensive things because I have always been a clutz. But this is a monumental, "SON OF A BITCH!"

I couldn't work at the Smithsonian. I'd spill coffee on the orignial Constitution.

I disagree. This is a monumental "DOH!"

If you were dumb enough to have open liquids on the same table as the Constiution then most likely they wouldn't let you in the room with it.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15723
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 They must have been huffing the epoxy. How fucking stupid.

 

It is funny but I can't really talk myself. I don't like owning expensive things because I have always been a clutz. But this is a monumental, "SON OF A BITCH!"

I couldn't work at the Smithsonian. I'd spill coffee on the orignial Constitution.

I disagree. This is a monumental "DOH!"

If you were dumb enough to have open liquids on the same table as the Constiution then most likely they wouldn't let you in the room with it.

That's my point. I wouldn't offer my services in the first place even if they offered me that job. Why would I even attempt to do something I have no qualifications for?

 

The other aspect of the males in our species I hate is this bullshit attitude that if you are good at one thing you can do everything. I know my limits. And even with science there are lots of redundent oversight when done right that prevents idiots from claiming they can do something.

This is why we can have so many problems in societTy. You get idiots claiming they can do something only to make a monumental disaster out of it. There certainly has to be some level in risk taking for anything to get done. But I see far too many people doing stupid shit because of ego.

Don't offer to do something you know you cannot do. Do your research if you want someone to do something and make sure they have a good record. And put some oversight into it so it minimizes the chance of fuck ups. 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
you'd have no danger of that

you'd have no danger of that in the smithsonian, since the constitution is in the national archives.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15723
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:you'd have no

iwbiek wrote:
you'd have no danger of that in the smithsonian, since the constitution is in the national archives.

 

Oh my god I made another mistake and you corrected it and my dick didn't fall off.

 

Important distinction for sure. Blocks away from each other. National Archives while techinically not a museum has tons of historical displays in it. 

Blurred them together. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
you'd have no danger of that in the smithsonian, since the constitution is in the national archives.

 

Oh my god I made another mistake and you corrected it and my dick didn't fall off.

 

Important distinction for sure. Blocks away from each other. National Archives while techinically not a museum has tons of historical displays in it. 

Blurred them together. 

Well if you believe Hollywood there is a large underground complex in the National Mall with secret tunnels and storage locations filled with aliens and the ark


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
i find it an important

i find it an important distinction, yes. and btw, if i get a fact wrong, i appreciate correction, nor do i try to pad the acknowledgement of my error with a lot of bluster in the hopes of saving some amount of imaginary face.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:This is why we

Brian37 wrote:

This is why we can have so many problems in societTy. You get idiots claiming they can do something only to make a monumental disaster out of it. There certainly has to be some level in risk taking for anything to get done. But I see far too many people doing stupid shit because of ego.

Yes, and those idiots are called congressmen, senators and presidents. Amazing that idiots like you want to keep giving them an ever growing list of things you want them involved in. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Wouldn't one who despises

King Tut's mask is symbol of wealth and power.  Wouldn't one who despises the aristocracy take delight in its defacing? 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15723
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:King Tut's

zarathustra wrote:

King Tut's mask is symbol of wealth and power.  Wouldn't one who despises the aristocracy take delight in its defacing? 

Um no, are you suggesting because of subject matter we destroy history? Like the Taliban blowing up statues of Buddha?

Yes, it is a symbol of aristocracy, but you don't destroy history simply because you don't like parts of it. It is important to keep arround to learn from.

I might want the Koch brothers and the Walton family  to lose alot of their overwhelming power to level the playing feild but I would not distroy any record of their existence just beause I don't like their plutocratic attitude.

The germans didn't destroy the highways Hitler built. And I certainly would not shut down the Holocaust Museum because of it's content.

Part of Egyptian history is their mythology that we can point to as far as similar ideas we find in Christianity, like savior gods, judgment of the dead, curing blindness, madonna and child. All of those were motifs in Egyptian mythology long before Christians incorporated them into the bible. And they even had one breif attempt at turning Ra into a monotheistic god that only lasted for that one Pharaoh's reign.

No, keep it arround for the pure simple fact it is part of our species history.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Believe it or not, some

Believe it or not, some people are actually dumber than you, and would delight in the destruction of artifacts regardless of their value or lack thereof.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.