Exorcist elected to Colorado State House

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
Exorcist elected to Colorado State House

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/05/republican-who-performed-exorcism-on-president-obama-elected-to-colorado-state-house/

Every time I think you people couldn't possibly be more fucked...

So what's the "rational response" to shit like this ?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyl

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-nigeria-schoolgirls/bringbackourgirls-boko-haram-overruns-town-chibok-nigeria-n248641

Now tell me what the source is they are getting their justifications to do these violent things? The same place Malala gets her source to condemn these acts.

The same source liberal Christians use to protect gays is the same book Russia Orthodox Christians and our right wing in the states use to deny gay rights. SAME SOURCE.

Now again, this has NOTHING to do with human rights. It has everything to do with getting more people to accept this in order to take away the excuses from those who use those books as justifications to do harm to others.

The truth is that not even the word "atheist" is a moral code. Our behavior is in our evolution, not our labels, not ancient books. Every label can and does use that label to justify good or bad. It still is a refusal to see ourselves as the same species.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah if YOU knew anything about 'Ancient books' you'd know Brian

The truth is that if you knew anything of the content of these "Ancient books" you'd be somewhat familiar these words Brian

((From the Life of Solomon))

The Start, if you will . .

At the dedication of the first Temple
“When your people who are called by thy name sin against Thee (for there is no one who does not sin), and You become angry with them and deliver them to the enemy, and they take them captive to a land far or near; yet when they come to themselves in the land where they were carried captive, and repent, and make supplication to You in the land of their captivity, saying, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, and have committed wickedness’; and when they return to You with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their captivity, where they have been carried captive, and pray toward their land which You gave to their fathers, the city which You have chosen, and toward the temple which I have built for Your name: then hear from heaven Your dwelling place their prayer and their supplications, and maintain their cause, and forgive Your people who have sinned against You. Now, my God, I pray, let Your eyes be open and let Your ears be attentive to the prayer made in this place.
“Now therefore,
Arise, O Lord God, to Your resting place,
You and the ark of Your strength.
Let Your priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation,
And let Your saints rejoice in goodness.
“O Lord God, do not turn away the face of Your Anointed;
Remember the mercies of Your servant David.”

For His mercy endureth forever.”

Then the king and all the people offered sacrifices before the Lord. King Solomon offered a sacrifice of twenty-two thousand bulls and one hundred and twenty thousand sheep. So the king and all the people dedicated the house of God. And the priests attended to their services; the Levites also with instruments of the music of the Lord, which King David had made to praise the Lord, saying, “For His mercy endures forever,” whenever David offered praise by their ministry. The priests sounded trumpets opposite them, while all Israel stood.
Furthermore Solomon consecrated the middle of the court that was in front of the house of the Lord; for there he offered burnt offerings and the fat of the peace offerings, because the bronze altar which Solomon had made was not able to receive the burnt offerings, the grain offerings, and the fat.
At that time Solomon kept the feast seven days, and all Israel with him, a very great assembly from the entrance of Hamath to the Brook of Egypt. And on the eighth day they held a sacred assembly, for they observed the dedication of the altar seven days, and the feast seven days. On the twenty-third day of the seventh month he sent the people away to their tents, joyful and glad of heart for the good that the Lord had done for David, for Solomon, and for His people Israel. Thus Solomon finished the house of the Lord and the king’s house; and Solomon successfully accomplished all that came into his heart to make in the house of the Lord and in his own house. Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: “I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.."

The Finish, if you will ..

''King Solomon loved many foreign women besides the daughter of Pharaoh—Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians, Hittites— from nations of which the Lord had said to the Israelites: You shall not join with them and they shall not join with you, lest they turn your hearts to their gods. But Solomon held them close in love. He had as wives over seven hundred princesses and three hundred concubines, and they turned his heart away after foreign gods.
Then Solomon was old his wives had turned his heart to follow other gods, and his heart was not entirely with the Lord, his God, as the heart of David his father had been. Solomon followed Astarte, the goddess of the Sidonians, and Milcom, the abomination of the Ammonites. Solomon did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, and he did not follow the Lord unreservedly as David his father had done. Solomon then built a high place to Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, and to Molech, the abomination of the Ammonites, on the mountain opposite Jerusalem. He did the same for all his foreign wives who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods. The Lord became angry with Solomon, because his heart turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice and commanded him not to do this very thing, not to follow other gods. But he did not observe what the Lord our G-d commanded"

Side note ::

You'll find it common, many speculate Solomon never truly turned back to the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
--- ---
Gospel According to St. Luke Chapter 9 --

Now John answered and said, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him, because he does not follow with us.” But Jesus said to him, “Do not forbid him, fore he who is not against Me, is on our side.” Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him. But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?” But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village.

. . .

-- -- --

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Our behavior

Brian37 wrote:
Our behavior is in our evolution, not our labels, not ancient books.

Exactly, the behavior doesn't come from ancient books, that is what everyone has been telling you numbnuts.

I would also dispute that it comes from EVOLUTION™, for the most part, we don't have a "morality" gene and the only thing that evolution describes is changes in dna over time. Morality comes from the surrounding culture. Religion is an expression of culture.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Antipatris wrote:

That would make you a pretty strong opponent of anyone who wants to weaken the separation of church and state, wouldn't it ? 

Obama, a Democrat,  swore upon two bibles and concluded his presidential oath with the words "So help me God"   FYI, the words "So help me God" are not legally required for the presidential oath.  What's up with that shit ?

In 1901, Theodore Roosevelt, a Republican, refused to swear his presidential oath upon a bible.

As if the guy could have been elected if he hadn't been a christian.

Anyway, your answer is yes, I presume ?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i don't know about their

i don't know about their religion, but the older obama chick is hot. like i would give a kidney for her hot.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:   As if

Antipatris wrote:

As if the guy could have been elected if he hadn't been a christian.

Anyway, your answer is yes, I presume ?

You mean he was just pandering ? 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
No Subject

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
No Subject | | **BrainBleachKitteh.jpg**

re ::  (No Subject)