New NFL Picks Pool

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
New NFL Picks Pool

I've created a new football pool on Yahoo. If you want, join, if not you can just watch.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

I think this will be much more fun. The Group ID and Password is basically all you need to join.

I am allowing you to make your pick for tonight but it won't matter. Tonight's game won't count for anyone.

 

SettingCurrent Value
Group ID#: 60536
Group Password N0P455w0rd
Confidence Points Yes
Spread No
Tiebreakers Yes
Start Week 3
Drop Scores No, use all weeks
Deadline 5 minutes before each game
Playoffs Yes

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Confidence Points and Tie Breakers

Confidence points and tie breakers are under the rule section but I'll touch on it here.

 

Confidence points is a the ability to say "I'm so sure that this team will win I bet X amount of points on the game".

If you win, you get those points. If you lose then you lose those points. Watch out, you can get in to a really deep hole quickly!

 

On tie breakers.

Always make sure you pick the tie breakers. I've seen some crazy stuff and if you leave it empty then you are screwed if you end up tying on points.

 

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Not going to join, asking

 Not going to join, asking for too much personal info. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Not going to

Brian37 wrote:

 Not going to join, asking for too much personal info. 

Lie like I did.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 Just a reminder that you

 Just a reminder that you need to login and make your picks for tonight's game. Beyond has already set things up for himself. If you are worried about setting up your account with yahoo just fucking lie. You can setup an account with out giving any personal information. You can skip over most of the bullshit they throw at you.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 I created my yahoo account

 I created my yahoo account so long ago, I don't remember if I was honest or not. If you are up for it, I guess you could cyberstalk where I was 20 years ago.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

 I created my yahoo account so long ago, I don't remember if I was honest or not. If you are up for it, I guess you could cyberstalk where I was 20 years ago.

I ended up modifying my pages after I stopped using Yahoo for online dating. It was at one point free and the perfect place to pick up women.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 MOMMY STUPID FUCKING

 MOMMY STUPID FUCKING GIANTS, 

 

Beyond, I really do think the Redskins are trying to compete with the Jets. 

 

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: MOMMY STUPID

Brian37 wrote:

 MOMMY STUPID FUCKING GIANTS, 

 

Beyond, I really do think the Redskins are trying to compete with the Jets. 

 

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

I didn't see the game, but I was quite surprised by the score. I expected a high scoring shootout. It looks like the skins forgot which direction the endzone was. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 MOMMY STUPID FUCKING GIANTS, 

 

Beyond, I really do think the Redskins are trying to compete with the Jets. 

 

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

I didn't see the game, but I was quite surprised by the score. I expected a high scoring shootout. It looks like the skins forgot which direction the endzone was. 

Shut up Jets fan, just shut the fuck up OK! MOMMY I WANT MY MOMMY!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 The Redskins need to get

 The Redskins need to get rid of their numb nuts owner. The guy is a walking cluster fuck.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: The

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 The Redskins need to get rid of their numb nuts owner. The guy is a walking cluster fuck.

I'm Wolf Blitzer in The Situation Room, our top story tonight "NO KIDDING!"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 The Redskins need to get rid of their numb nuts owner. The guy is a walking cluster fuck.

I'm Wolf Blitzer in The Situation Room, our top story tonight "NO KIDDING!"

I'm glad he isn't an owner of the dolphins. I'd start cheering for a different team


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 Well it looks like I won

Well it looks like I won that week. I hope to see others join rather than Beyond and I playing against each other. It's free and you just need to register with Yahoo

(EDIT)

Ooops I forgot about the confidence points!!! Way to go Beyond! Pulls from behind and wins by betting on two games which give him a ton of points.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Well

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Well it looks like I won that week. I hope to see others join rather than Beyond and I playing against each other. It's free and you just need to register with Yahoo

(EDIT)

Ooops I forgot about the confidence points!!! Way to go Beyond! Pulls from behind and wins by betting on two games which give him a ton of points.

Yeah, Andrew Luck not only helped me here, but on my fantasy team he has bailed me out a couple of times so far this year. Sure glad that Peyton, Brees and Rodgers were already taken when I decided to pick my QB.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Well it looks like I won that week. I hope to see others join rather than Beyond and I playing against each other. It's free and you just need to register with Yahoo

(EDIT)

Ooops I forgot about the confidence points!!! Way to go Beyond! Pulls from behind and wins by betting on two games which give him a ton of points.

Yeah, Andrew Luck not only helped me here, but on my fantasy team he has bailed me out a couple of times so far this year. Sure glad that Peyton, Brees and Rodgers were already taken when I decided to pick my QB.

I'm enjoying seeing New England creep in to the cellar. I was tired of the entire so call dynasty. Reminds me of the era of Dan Marino when he lost to Jacksonville 62-7, but that was a team more advanced in destruction due to the front office decisions during the off season.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 I am taking the Redskins

 I am taking the Redskins over Seattle Monday Night, yea I know but it is a suicide pool.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
DAMN YOU BEYOND!

 I know I only have three losses but fuck... I got 60 points and you got 83 already!

I need New England to show up tonight. I really need the extra points!


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Hu---ray!!!!!!!!

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 I know I only have three losses but fuck... I got 60 points and you got 83 already!

I need New England to show up tonight. I really need the extra points!

St.Thomas of Brady and the Patriots are acting like Tom Brady and the Patriots are suppose to act. Next week in Buffalo!!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

 I know I only have three losses but fuck... I got 60 points and you got 83 already!

I need New England to show up tonight. I really need the extra points!

St.Thomas of Brady and the Patriots are acting like Tom Brady and the Patriots are suppose to act. Next week in Buffalo!!!!!

I'm not happy that they are back in form but I was happy to take the win and points. Beyond really smoked me in that first round so I'm like 1,000 points behind him


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
@beyond

 I've got a long road ahead of me. I need you to screw up so I can catch you...

 


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Lol, well I'll pick the Jets

Lol, well I'll pick the Jets every week, so that gives you at least one freebie.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 My Redskins are competing

 My Redskins are competing with your Jets Beyond.

 

WHAT KIND OF IDIOT of a coach calls a onside kick early in the 3rd quarter when only one score behind?

 

What pisses me off is that dispite the Hawks early lead, we didn't capitalize off all their mistakes. Our punting game was a joke too.

 

I am begginning to think the Jets and Skins have the same owner.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 How the ever living fuck

 How the ever living fuck do the Skins go from beating Dallas last week with a 3rd String QB with way better QB protection, to losing to the Vikings and having RG(looked rusty and seemed to hesitate), with lousy offensive line protection. Not to mention I'd like to kick the coach in the nuts for getting greedy with pass plays when we could have run out the clock with a 10-0 lead into the half getting the ball back in the third quarter. Way to let them back in the game.

 

Oh and Beyond saw that blocked pass play in the Jets/Chiefs game.......OUCH.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 Honestly, I'm confused

 Honestly, I'm confused about how SF can lose to St Louis. They must be a really messed up team.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 Honestly, I'm confused about how SF can lose to St Louis. They must be a really messed up team.

 

             I'm still in shock and awe over how Philip Rivers and the Chargers got shutout by Miami.

 

              Meanwhile in Foxborougho natural law continues.  Manning had more pass yardage but Brady had more points on the board [that's how you win you know]. That was just a likely prelude to the AFC championship game in January.

 

 

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: How the ever

Brian37 wrote:

 How the ever living fuck do the Skins go from beating Dallas last week with a 3rd String QB with way better QB protection, to losing to the Vikings and having RG(looked rusty and seemed to hesitate), with lousy offensive line protection. Not to mention I'd like to kick the coach in the nuts for getting greedy with pass plays when we could have run out the clock with a 10-0 lead into the half getting the ball back in the third quarter. Way to let them back in the game.

 

Oh and Beyond saw that blocked pass play in the Jets/Chiefs game.......OUCH.

RG3 didn't pass to Jordan Reed enough. Didn't the dumbfuck look at my fantasy line up?

 

As far as the Jets, I didn't even watch it. I refuse to support a dog abusing pos. Only thing I want to see is someone breaking his spine. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 Honestly, I'm confused about how SF can lose to St Louis. They must be a really messed up team.

The Rams beat Seattle too, they are an improving team.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: I've

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 I've got a long road ahead of me. I need you to screw up so I can catch you...

 

Damn you are closing ground on me this week unless you picked the Giants. My underdogs of the Skins and Texans didn't look so good. At least both were in the game though.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 I've got a long road ahead of me. I need you to screw up so I can catch you...

 

Damn you are closing ground on me this week unless you picked the Giants. My underdogs of the Skins and Texans didn't look so good. At least both were in the game though.

The Jets are going to be the death of you. I like Miami but I won't constantly be picking them...


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 I've got a long road ahead of me. I need you to screw up so I can catch you...

 

Damn you are closing ground on me this week unless you picked the Giants. My underdogs of the Skins and Texans didn't look so good. At least both were in the game though.

The Jets are going to be the death of you. I like Miami but I won't constantly be picking them...

You probably should pick Miami the way their defense has been kicking ass. But I figure my Jets loyalty evens up for you not using the points opening week. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 Did any one see the

 Did any one see the results of the Cinn vs Clev game? I saw a report which said the Cinn QB (Dalton)had a passing rating of (2).... lol (2).... I think that is the lowest of all time


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Fuck Pittsburgh

Fuck Pittsburgh. They are so fucking inconsistent.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Fuck

digitalbeachbum wrote:
Fuck Pittsburgh. They are so fucking inconsistent.

Go Jets.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:
Fuck Pittsburgh. They are so fucking inconsistent.

Go Jets.

did you see the last plays of the game? the one that started the fight?


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:
Fuck Pittsburgh. They are so fucking inconsistent.

Go Jets.

did you see the last plays of the game? the one that started the fight?

No, I am still boycotting because of Vick. I watched the 49ers Saints game.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Vcik did his time. Do you

 Vcik did his time. Do you go to war with the entire country of Spain because of bull fighting? Don't buy anything made in Mexico cause of cock fighting. Oh and you think horse racing is good for horses? You know they ead dogs in Asia? Seems like a little cherry picking. I guess since Rothlessburger didn't get charged he's ok. 

No Vick shouldn't have done it what he did, but Jeffereson owned slaves but I don't see you boycotting the Constitution. I guess as long as you don't beat your slaves owning humans is ok. 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:  Vcik did

Brian37 wrote:

 Vcik did his time. Do you go to war with the entire country of Spain because of bull fighting? Don't buy anything made in Mexico cause of cock fighting. Oh and you think horse racing is good for horses? You know they ead dogs in Asia? Seems like a little cherry picking. I guess since Rothlessburger didn't get charged he's ok. 

No Vick shouldn't have done it what he did, but Jeffereson owned slaves but I don't see you boycotting the Constitution. I guess as long as you don't beat your slaves owning humans is ok. 

Some people have an affinity to dogs. Recently on Jon Stewart they had a segment about the Austin City PD and unnecessary shootings. Turns out the police had been shooting dogs and the public was upset. So they were doing sensitivity training for the police. Of course when you see the segment you think they are talking about shooting people.

The research shows that people in general get more upset when you shoot a dog than when you shoot a person.

So trying to equate bulls or roosters to dogs fails miserably. Dogs are man's best friend. They have been by our side for thousands of years protecting us and sharing the hardships of survival. Roosters and bulls don't have the same emotional connection with people.

 


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Vcik did his

Brian37 wrote:

 Vcik did his time.

So? That is the difference between me and you. When someone does something you don't like, you want it made illegal and you go after them with police armed with guns, lock them away for X amount of time and call it justice. I don't think he should have gone to jail. When someone does something I don't like, I simply stop giving them my money. Obviously in this case, the majority of people don't share my views, and I'm fine with that. I just choose not to participate and change the channel. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Do you go to war with the entire country of Spain because of bull fighting?

No, and that is the point. I don't run around banning shit because I don't like it. I just choose not to support it personally. 

 

Quote:

Don't buy anything made in Mexico cause of cock fighting. Oh and you think horse racing is good for horses? You know they ead dogs in Asia?

Yep, and if you want to eat dogs or race horses, go ahead. I'm not going to eat in a restaurant with Golden Retriever Steak as the daily special. But if one existed, you are perfectly free to choose to go to it or not. This might shock you, but I don't think that everyone else in the world has to make the same moral choices I do. I'm not running around starting a campaign to get Vick fired, I'm not suggesting police show up and  throw him in the slammer for another 20 years, all I am doing is deciding not to be part of his audience. Other people can do what they want. If millions agreed with me, it might make a difference, apparently they don't and I'm fine with that. So I'll turn it off and won't make a bit of difference to anyone in the world other than me, but I am not doing for anyone else in the world other than me. The question is why YOU give a flying fuck. 

 

Quote:

Seems like a little cherry picking. 

Of course it is cherry picking. What else is a personal preference about which football games to watch? I like dogs a hell of a lot more than I like cats. It is personal preference, there is no objective evidence that one is better than the other.

Unlike you, instead of whining about things I don't like and demanding someone in Washington pass a law and throw people doing things I don't want in jail, I just simply stop doing business with them.

 

 

Quote:

No Vick shouldn't have done it what he did, but Jeffereson owned slaves but I don't see you boycotting the Constitution. I guess as long as you don't beat your slaves owning humans is ok.  

Nice logical leap mighty mouse. You manage to mangle history and make a complete mockery of logic in two sentences. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 Vcik did his time.

So? That is the difference between me and you. When someone does something you don't like, you want it made illegal and you go after them with police armed with guns, lock them away for X amount of time and call it justice. I don't think he should have gone to jail. When someone does something I don't like, I simply stop giving them my money. Obviously in this case, the majority of people don't share my views, and I'm fine with that. I just choose not to participate and change the channel. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Do you go to war with the entire country of Spain because of bull fighting?

No, and that is the point. I don't run around banning shit because I don't like it. I just choose not to support it personally. 

 

Quote:

Don't buy anything made in Mexico cause of cock fighting. Oh and you think horse racing is good for horses? You know they ead dogs in Asia?

Yep, and if you want to eat dogs or race horses, go ahead. I'm not going to eat in a restaurant with Golden Retriever Steak as the daily special. But if one existed, you are perfectly free to choose to go to it or not. This might shock you, but I don't think that everyone else in the world has to make the same moral choices I do. I'm not running around starting a campaign to get Vick fired, I'm not suggesting police show up and  throw him in the slammer for another 20 years, all I am doing is deciding not to be part of his audience. Other people can do what they want. If millions agreed with me, it might make a difference, apparently they don't and I'm fine with that. So I'll turn it off and won't make a bit of difference to anyone in the world other than me, but I am not doing for anyone else in the world other than me. The question is why YOU give a flying fuck. 

 

Quote:

Seems like a little cherry picking. 

Of course it is cherry picking. What else is a personal preference about which football games to watch? I like dogs a hell of a lot more than I like cats. It is personal preference, there is no objective evidence that one is better than the other.

Unlike you, instead of whining about things I don't like and demanding someone in Washington pass a law and throw people doing things I don't want in jail, I just simply stop doing business with them.

 

 

Quote:

No Vick shouldn't have done it what he did, but Jeffereson owned slaves but I don't see you boycotting the Constitution. I guess as long as you don't beat your slaves owning humans is ok.  

Nice logical leap mighty mouse. You manage to mangle history and make a complete mockery of logic in two sentences. 

Oh shut up you judmental idiot. I am quite sure that if we went through all the lives of the people you side with on economics, you could find transgretions on par with or worse than what you are stuck on Vic doing. No one is perfect, not you not me. You cherry pick and that is all you are doing. He did his time and I am quite sure if he dares do anthing like that again he is toast. Take your Nacy Grace "Lock them up and throw away the key" bullshit and shove it.

Bullfighting is cruel. Eating dogs happens in the world. Cockfighting happens still today. You rightfull would blast militant vegitarians and vegans but maybe you should spend time at a pig farm or beef slaughterhouse.  You would probably support circuses but don't realize how cruel those animals can be treated. 

You protect dogs because you view them as pets and so do I, that is why we do not do that. But those who do view them no differently than bullfhighters or cockfighters. You don't change their morality and attitudes by being a fucking judgmental dick.

Your hypocrisy is outstanding considering you benefit from the majority of founders who owned slaves which I think was slightly more of a transgression. No he should not have done that, but we cannot live in civility always condemning others with a vigilante mentality. If you want to live in that kind of society, built on condemnation with no second chance, then go live in the middle east, they certainly are unforgiving.

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Oh shut up you

Brian37 wrote:

Oh shut up you judmental idiot. I am quite sure that if we went through all the lives of the people you side with on economics, you could find transgretions on par with or worse than what you are stuck on Vic doing. No one is perfect, not you not me. You cherry pick and that is all you are doing. He did his time and I am quite sure if he dares do anthing like that again he is toast. Take your Nacy Grace "Lock them up and throw away the key" bullshit and shove it.

Bullfighting is cruel. Eating dogs happens in the world. Cockfighting happens still today. You rightfull would blast militant vegitarians and vegans but maybe you should spend time at a pig farm or beef slaughterhouse.  You would probably support circuses but don't realize how cruel those animals can be treated. 

You protect dogs because you view them as pets and so do I, that is why we do not do that. But those who do view them no differently than bullfhighters or cockfighters. You don't change their morality and attitudes by being a fucking judgmental dick.

Your hypocrisy is outstanding considering you benefit from the majority of founders who owned slaves which I think was slightly more of a transgression. No he should not have done that, but we cannot live in civility always condemning others with a vigilante mentality. If you want to live in that kind of society, built on condemnation with no second chance, then go live in the middle east, they certainly are unforgiving. 

I normally stay out of your discussions because I find them to be boring and a waste of my time. Also, it isn't just you, it's every one you get in a discussion with over some of the frivoulous stuff. No offense but the gibber and jabbing is ridiculous.

However I gotta say something about Beyond's right to make an opinion about Vick. It doesn't matter if he is cherry picking his views over how or who Vick is; or what he did; etc. It's his opinion and he has a right to it. Just like you have your right to your opnion.

You aren't debating a subject here. He is allowed to cherry pick. It is no different than if some one said, "The Miami Dolphins are the best franchise of all time". It's a broad, open ended opinion which could be broken down in to several different specific classifications. However if some one said, "The Miami Dolphins are the winninest franchise of all time" you could then debate it and say, "well look at the numbers, they don't support that opinion".

Just because Vick did his time doesn't mean the individual needs to forgive him. To Beyond "doing his time" isn't enough. Beyond has or wants more punishment or maybe he will never forgive him. It's his choice and you don't have the right to dispute his judgement. It's personal and it is an opinion he is allowed.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Oh shut up you judmental idiot. I am quite sure that if we went through all the lives of the people you side with on economics, you could find transgretions on par with or worse than what you are stuck on Vic doing. No one is perfect, not you not me. You cherry pick and that is all you are doing. He did his time and I am quite sure if he dares do anthing like that again he is toast. Take your Nacy Grace "Lock them up and throw away the key" bullshit and shove it.

Bullfighting is cruel. Eating dogs happens in the world. Cockfighting happens still today. You rightfull would blast militant vegitarians and vegans but maybe you should spend time at a pig farm or beef slaughterhouse.  You would probably support circuses but don't realize how cruel those animals can be treated. 

You protect dogs because you view them as pets and so do I, that is why we do not do that. But those who do view them no differently than bullfhighters or cockfighters. You don't change their morality and attitudes by being a fucking judgmental dick.

Your hypocrisy is outstanding considering you benefit from the majority of founders who owned slaves which I think was slightly more of a transgression. No he should not have done that, but we cannot live in civility always condemning others with a vigilante mentality. If you want to live in that kind of society, built on condemnation with no second chance, then go live in the middle east, they certainly are unforgiving. 

I normally stay out of your discussions because I find them to be boring and a waste of my time. Also, it isn't just you, it's every one you get in a discussion with over some of the frivoulous stuff. No offense but the gibber and jabbing is ridiculous.

However I gotta say something about Beyond's right to make an opinion about Vick. It doesn't matter if he is cherry picking his views over how or who Vick is; or what he did; etc. It's his opinion and he has a right to it. Just like you have your right to your opnion.

You aren't debating a subject here. He is allowed to cherry pick. It is no different than if some one said, "The Miami Dolphins are the best franchise of all time". It's a broad, open ended opinion which could be broken down in to several different specific classifications. However if some one said, "The Miami Dolphins are the winninest franchise of all time" you could then debate it and say, "well look at the numbers, they don't support that opinion".

Just because Vick did his time doesn't mean the individual needs to forgive him. To Beyond "doing his time" isn't enough. Beyond has or wants more punishment or maybe he will never forgive him. It's his choice and you don't have the right to dispute his judgement. It's personal and it is an opinion he is allowed.

 

Of course Beyond has a legal right to his opinion. If he has the legal right to call me a commie and condem ABBA which he has every right to do LEGALLY, that still has nothing to do with his cherry picking.

I agree with him that we do not do that to dogs. But dogs are not endangered anymore than the animals others eat we don't  blink an eye at
 

If every human as individuals got to dictate to all others, none of us as individuals would have any problem dictating to everyone else.

I get pissed at him, not because he is a bad person. I get pissed at him because of his script thinking, just as I get pissed at Muslims and others he rightfully gets pissed at.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Oh shut up you

Brian37 wrote:

Oh shut up you judmental idiot.

No.

 

Brian37 wrote:

I am quite sure that if we went through all the lives of the people you side with on economics, you could find transgretions on par with or worse than what you are stuck on Vic doing. No one is perfect, not you not me. You cherry pick and that is all you are doing. He did his time and I am quite sure if he dares do anthing like that again he is toast. Take your Nacy Grace "Lock them up and throw away the key" bullshit and shove it.

There are a great number of people I have chosen not to do business with because I believe they are immoral. My first employed job was telemarketing selling newspapers. My employers decided to sign a new contract with a company that was pretty shady (one of those convoluted magazine subscription schemes), I thought it was immoral, so I quit my job. I've had a few other business opportunities I passed on because I thought they were a little immoral, although perfectly legal. 

I never said anything about locking anyone up, I don't think Vick should have spent one day in jail, if he wants to televise the fucking dog fights, I think that should be 100% legal. I just choose not to be a fan of a person who would do so. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Bullfighting is cruel. Eating dogs happens in the world. Cockfighting happens still today.

Yep, yep and yep. And all three should be legal, but I don't participate and don't want to participate in any of the three. If my favorite bar put in a cockfighting ring, I would go find a new bar, I don't want a bunch of fucking roosters running around while I'm drinking. It should be legal, but I am free to abstain and take my money elsewhere and I would.

 

Brian37 wrote:
 

You rightfull would blast militant vegitarians and vegans

I never blast a vegan for being a vegan. Hell, look back at my discussions with Blake on various animal and farming issues- we even swapped vegan recipes. The only vegans I "blast" are those who attempt to get government involved to force me to be vegan too. I would equally blast any carnivore who attempted to ban eating vegetables. If someone decides to boycott meat or boycott General Mills because they use GMOs I don't give a flying fuck. Their choice, none of my business, until they decide to use government to force me to make the same choice. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

but maybe you should spend time at a pig farm or beef slaughterhouse.  

I have and that is why I personally kill most of the meat I eat outside of eating out. I have a very strong aversion to such operations, but I understand not everyone has the luxury of driving 1/2 a mile and buying a live pig. Mass meat production is a very disturbing process, even for someone like me who has killed many many animals. I would never attack someone who decided to boycott the industry, I kind of understand.

 

Brian37 wrote:
 

You would probably support circuses but don't realize how cruel those animals can be treated. 

I don't support circuses or zoos. I find zoos particularly abhorent. The cages they put those animals in amount to torture in my book. Do I support banning them? No. You want to go to a zoo fine, but I will never give a penny to the zoo. On occasion, some store will have a sign up saying "5% of your purchase goes to the Columbus Zoo", I go elsewhere if it isn't terribly inconvenient. Apparently, a lot of people love the Columbus zoo, I don't. So I choose not to participate, others can do as they wish. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

You protect dogs because you view them as pets and so do I, that is why we do not do that. But those who do view them no differently than bullfhighters or cockfighters. You don't change their morality and attitudes by being a fucking judgmental dick.

I'm not trying to change anyone's morality. I doubt Vick gives a shit that I don't watch him. Me alone certainly isn't enough to make even a penny difference on his contract. I don't watch him for me, because he makes me angry and I don't watch football to be angry. You can do as you wish. I don't give a flying fuck. The question is why you give a flying fuck about what I decide to watch or what my reasons are. People can join me or not, their fucking choice. I don't care about their morality, I am only responsible for my own. 

 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Your hypocrisy is outstanding considering you benefit from the majority of founders who owned slaves which I think was slightly more of a transgression.

Had I lived back then, I would have refused to do business with people who owned slaves. The most peaceful way to end slavery would have been economically- people used slaves because they were economically beneficial far more than because they liked having slaves. We could have avoided the Civil War, hundreds of thousands of deaths and damage of Reconstruction has enough people in the early 1800's decided to refuse to buy cotton from plantations that used slave labor. That would have been far preferable to war.

It is a moot point now, because none of them are alive to buy anything from today. But if I did learn that say my Planter's peanuts today came from a plantation that used forced slave labor, I would refuse to buy Planter's peanuts. Wouldn't you? 

 

Brian37 wrote:

No he should not have done that, but we cannot live in civility always condemning others with a vigilante mentality. If you want to live in that kind of society, built on condemnation with no second chance, then go live in the middle east, they certainly are unforgiving. 

Why should I forgive Vick? The ONLY reason he apologized at all is because he was forced to at the point of a gun. A forced apology isn't an apology Read my quote. He hasn't had some life changing epiphany, he is still an asshole and if it wasn't for him going to jail, he would probably still be running dog fights. I don't think he should have gone to jail. If I became convinced that he ceased being an asshole voluntarily, then maybe I would watch him. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:.Bullfighting

Brian37 wrote:
.

Bullfighting is cruel.

 

 

 

 

     Of course it is.  That's why I always root for the bull.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Of course

Brian37 wrote:
Of course Beyond has a legal right to his opinion. If he has the legal right to call me a commie and condem ABBA which he has every right to do LEGALLY, that still has nothing to do with his cherry picking.

I agree with him that we do not do that to dogs. But dogs are not endangered anymore than the animals others eat we don't  blink an eye at

If every human as individuals got to dictate to all others, none of us as individuals would have any problem dictating to everyone else.

I get pissed at him, not because he is a bad person. I get pissed at him because of his script thinking, just as I get pissed at Muslims and others he rightfully gets pissed at.

It isn't a legal right as much as it is a fundamental right. Voicing your opinion isn't always allowed even in America.

Cherry picking during a debate is against the process of debating. You aren't debating a subject.

You shouldn't do those terrible things to any living being, but as I stated previously studies have shown humans have a connection with dogs that goes back back to, maybe, 15,000 years ago. Consider it his pet peeve.

You say he has the right but then you condemn him for it? Again you aren't discussing this subject in a logical way. You want him to change his opinion.

Who are you to get angry with him because of his thinking process? Why do you allow your ego to control the situation?

You are a walking contradiction.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:If every human

Brian37 wrote:

If every human as individuals got to dictate to all others, none of us as individuals would have any problem dictating to everyone else.

The only person who has attempted to dictate anything is you. I didn't tell Digital that he shouldn't watch the Jets, I told him I am not watching the Jets and then included my reason why. Meanwhile, you have demanded that I "shut up" even though YOU were the one who butted into a conversation based on an offhand comment I made. And apparently, you are demanding that I maintain my fandom of the Jets despite my dislike of Vick. The only person I have "dictated" anything to is myself. 

 

Brian37 wrote:
 

I get pissed at him, not because he is a bad person. I get pissed at him because of his script thinking, just as I get pissed at Muslims and others he rightfully gets pissed at.

 

Who is the one demanding that I follow their script? Who is the one demanding that I change my reasoning for not wanting to watch a particular football game? I haven't demanded that anyone do or not do anything- in my 4600+ posts on this site, I doubt you could find a single example where I demanded that anyone do anything. I certainly never went on a rant over someone commenting on what they want to watch or not watch on tv. Get a fucking mirror.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I can't

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I can't believe how many upsets there were this week. I lost 6 games already.
I haven't had that happen since 1942 when I bet a grand that the Bears would win the Super Bowl.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15742
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Please someone auction off

 Please someone auction off Danny to the lowest bidder!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:  Please

Brian37 wrote:

 Please someone auction off Danny to the lowest bidder!

And I picked Washington to win this time against fucking Tampa who is next to last, the worst team in the NFL.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:HOLY

digitalbeachbum wrote:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I can't believe how many upsets there were this week. I lost 6 games already.
I haven't had that happen since 1942 when I bet a grand that the Bears would win the Super Bowl.

What year?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I can't believe how many upsets there were this week. I lost 6 games already. I haven't had that happen since 1942 when I bet a grand that the Bears would win the Super Bowl.
What year?

1908