Indian Girl raped and murdered for defending her father

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Indian Girl raped and murdered for defending her father

While India has attempted to tighten the laws against sexual violence for quite some time, it seems that gang rape and humiliation remain a factor. 

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-29041654

Indian girl 'humiliated' by village elders found dead

The semi-naked body of a teenage girl who was allegedly humiliated by village elders for protesting against her father's harassment has been found near a railway track in eastern India.

Police suspect the 15-year-old girl in West Bengal was raped and murdered.

Her family said she was made to spit on the ground and lick it up - an act considered a grave form of humiliation.

Unofficial courts in India's villages often sanction punishment of residents deemed to have violated local codes.

Scrutiny of sexual violence in India has grown since the 2012 gang rape and murder of a student on a Delhi bus.

The government tightened laws on sexual violence last year after widespread protests following the attack, but violence and discrimination against women remain deeply entrenched.

The BBC's Amitabha Bhattasali in Calcutta says the girl's body was found near a railway track in the state's Jalpaiguri district on Tuesday - a day after a village court had summoned her and her farmer father to settle a dispute over a tractor.

Her family members told the police that the elders "threatened the girl with dire consequences" when she protested against the "harassment of her father" by the village court.

Villagers said the girl "disappeared" when the court was in progress, and her body was found the next morning.

Police said the girl's family had lodged a complaint against 13 people in the village. No arrests have been made yet.

Local villagers said political rivalry between the village elders and the girl's family could have led to an escalation of the dispute - the elders are reported to be supporters of the ruling Trinamul Congress party, while the girl's family reportedly supports the state's main opposition Communist Party of India (Marxist).

Earlier this year, a woman in West Bengal's Birbhum district was gang-raped, allegedly on orders of village elders who objected to her relationship with a man.

In 2010, village elders in Birbhum ordered at least three tribal women to strip and walk naked in front of large crowds, police said.

The women were being punished for "having close relations" with men from other communities.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
It will get worse.

Jealous males in Indian villages who know they will never have a wife or sex, take out their frustrations on young females in any way possible. Because of accurate pregnancy tests millions of female fetuses are aborted every year just for being female, poorer clans use the old custom of simply killing a female newborn. This has been going on in India for over thirty years {and Pakistan/Bangladesh}. Result: straight up demographics shows 60 Million [that's 60,000,000] more males then females, mostly young single males without much of a future if they have any interest in sex or marriage.

That's the straight numbers; the real numbers? Adjust for the 600 million females in the population, how many are simply old widows {millions}; how many are safely married {most} How many girl children already have their husbands selected {millions} and how many single females are left versus single males? The actual number of single [never to be married] males could be has high has 100 million and throw in a few million widowers who are still looking. That's a lot of frustrated young men looking to take out their frustration on something or someone and young girls are going to be the most pathetic victoms of that frustration.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hot button topic among India's feminists

Hot button topic among India's feminists

See Uploaded Image,  Uploaded Image part of comment . .

http://tinypic.com/m/i72bn7/3

--  --

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dirty little secret 'is' the actual statistics are even worse

> Dirty little secret in our society is the actual statistics are even worse

See/View Uploaded Image --

Έsther XIV::IV  For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the children of God from another place . .

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The grapes must have been sour :

http://tinypic.com/m/i79cwm/3

Re ::The grapes  must have been sour :

Interesting Editorial  . .   "It's all been done (before) . . "

Written By :: Micah Murray (Author and budding musician)

http://tinypic.com/m/i79cwm/3 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
1st Comes Love then Comes Marriage & only then the Baby Carriage

>  However,  It's  1st Comes Love,  Then Comes Marriage,  and only then the Baby Carriage . .

> Idly refocusing it tends to produce pictures like these (View  Uploaded Images)  --

See:: Images --

http://tinypic.com/r/3145ydw/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2en1fgn/8

Motherhood  is meant for certain people,  so let's keep that in mind and try to keep it all straight,  K?    In my idly refocusing, it tends to generate pictures like these (above)!

p.s.  ---  Motherhood  is only meant  for certain people;  so let's keep that in mind and try to keep it all straight, K?

I am deeply pained by all the misunderstandings of late Off-site. Remember, Being vunerable about how we feel is part of growing up, at any age!

p.s.  --  Shout  outs to "The Fonz",  as if this would ever be seen in the first place [ κατεγέλων, it's to laugh at ]!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Has nothing to do with

Has nothing to do with religion dispite the fact they like Muslims and Jews and Christians all have writings and supertitions and god claims they root their morality in. Religion has had a majority of existence of male domination. There is also no female Dali Lama or female Pope either. Religion is highly patriarchal but that is no excuse to give men in any religion a pass.

Now if you want to reduce things like this and all other human cruelty  in general. The neither religion or culture can stand as a taboo but only as a legal right. Rights are a given, but claims themselves do not deserve blind value. You don't have to rid the world of a religion to take away the excuses it uses. That is why I call religion poison, because it allows humans to hide behind bad claims and bad ideas.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
there's a reason why

there's a reason why christianity, islam, hinduism, etc., have all reinforced this shame and honor culture in this part of the world. it's called preexisting conditions.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:there's a

iwbiek wrote:
there's a reason why christianity, islam, hinduism, etc., have all reinforced this shame and honor culture in this part of the world. it's called preexisting conditions.

So in order to fix a problem you do not give the artificial masks that allow these problems cover. Since you chilishly started your kneejerk beef with me you have completely ignored the important issue as to HOW to improve the human conditon. 

"Pre existing conditions" are like accepting that volcanos exist and that all you can do is manage them even if you cant get rid of them copletely.

You give religion a pass you perpetuate this pre existing condition and allow it to fester. Accepting that religion will happen should NEVER allow it to be blasphemy free or be free from criticism. Religion MUST be treated as a poison because our species flawed perceptions will always allow the potential as it is obvious in the East, even more than India. No different than insisting on seat belts and air bags because tere are bad drivers and accidents, and death.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'm childish, yeah. why

i'm childish, yeah. why don't we do a poll on that?

"the East"? just where is this mysterious "East" you're talking about? you read a couple news articles and think you have a good grasp on what's going on in an area well over half the earth's landmass, containing a population well over half the earth's population. you talk about specific ideas for how to "better the human condition," yet you haven't given a single more specific suggestion than "treat religion as a poison," an idea so vague as to be practically meaningless. what does it mean in praxis?

as for me, i contend that in order to "better the human condition" you have to have a thorough understanding of it, and--this may shock you--not a single person on this site does, including me. that's why i'm learning instead of shooting my mouth off like i've already got every problem figured out for every corner of the earth. and guess what? the more you actually delve into the details, the more you realize that the generalizations ("religion," "human condition," "atheism") do not exist.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
She can't take much more of this, Captain

Unrelated  to the discussion   but a  uncannily GOOD  spot to place this !!

Post  Script  for /  to Nu # 5 http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/34696#comment-414001

"T'was the Moon of Winter Time"

Addressed  To  --  OFF-SITE --

View/See ::  Upload   --

http://tinypic.com/r/33wv4lu/8

I  hear  tell   this  image  stipulates much (above) ,  huh ?

Just when  will I ever be allowed to be myself ?!???  You   do  not  make statements about  "I want to love you with all my heart''  TO ANYBODY  who  is EVER ''unwanted"!!  I hate someone who may rightly be suffering from abandonment issues, has them thrusting  extra BURDENSOME  rules  upon her, by some series of customs and traditions, thus putting her in such a predicament.  We have to look past this moment. And, You are not alone. There is so much more to all this than who ended up being right! Hear me, a brief moment, . . I don't care  who wins or who loses;  I care about her much more than she knows (naturally), and I obviously care about the little one (period)!!

She can't take much more of this, Captain

Recall on the 15th of May  I was saying I received a big WARNING . .  " He (the Baptist preacher) was always purposely talking about how Moses never did enter the promised land . .''.  I do not feel anything but forced to wear my heart on my sleeve. But, unfortunately you've never thought to contact me directly . .  Do  you  NEED  to, I don't know . .  say  Talk ?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
goddammit, this is the third

goddammit, this is the third time i've checked this thread because it said there was a new post.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Foreseen Foreseen

Foreseen Foreseen

http://tinypic.com/m/id4mki/3  

And Hope to make time to successfully make time to get a chance to finally comment on all this, the door is always open (smile)

Tripod removed these images  so GOING TO BE kinda replacing them, if  I  can :

Replacing Removed Images  Update  . .  

Ask certain parties to contact Dana, so I can talk directly to her if I cannot just always stop in. THEN  guess  how much  of a  overall  problem solver  that would be ?!!

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=78#comment-414128 and/or www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=78 Posted on: October 27th  #3943

0 f f  -  s i t e  ::  Together or apart with some egotistic people, they  aren't important  enough  to deal with misunderstandings any longer ( , did you see that coming )

I am reminded that  Kaljit had a co-worker, an RN named James who, once upon a time, worked on Nasa's low-Earth orbital spacecraft (e.g. - Space Shuttle). As with NASA, the Agency Had Warning of a Disaster Risk, people off site have had the warnings about risk and disaster, they don't want you to know, as well, huh ?

p.p.s.  ---   Needing to replace all these images,  honestly didn't see that coming & missed that one  . . .

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Every angle there is sincerity

Other 0ff - S i t e  ::

Beautiful creatures . . .

Attn. --  0ther 0ff - Site >  Co -0p ::

Other 0ff - S i t e  :

Theme related . .  Hope this doesnt create any harm in ''sharing'', hope not at least!!

"Mother?! Titania, what have you been up to?"

Titania is the wife of Oberon and queen of the Third race.  In her mortal form Anastasia Renard she has another daughter by Halcyon Renard, Janine "Fox" Renard, and through Fox a grandbaby, who was named Alexander Fox Xanatos.

Fox, the offspring of Lady Titania, is found to  instinctively and involuntarily attacked lord Oberon

''Oberon:"What are you doing here, my love? Have you forgotten the gathering?"

Titania (as Anastasia):"I am gathering even now."

Oberon:"We discussed this, my dear. It is my law that we not directly interfere in human affairs. Let the woman keep her child!"

Fox:"Keep my child?! Mother, who is this guy?"

Oberon:"Mother?! Titania, what have you been up to?"

Fox:"Who is Titania? Mother, explain yourself!"

Manipulative David Xanatos: "This should prove interesting."

Oberon: "More interesting than you know. It is time to drop this façade, my queen."

Lady Titania: "As you would, my lord." (the fictional character transforms into her true form, before them all)  Oberon: "Much better!"

Fox: "Mother?!"

Titania: "You see me as I really am, child, Titania, Queen of Avalon. And this is Oberon, my lord of Avalon and my husband." (she conjures up an illusion to show her past)

"Oberon and I were divorced over a millenium ago. With little to do I have spent the last century studying the human magic that men called 'science'. Then some years ago I met Halcyon Renard. In him I found my intellectual match. We fell in love and we were married. And Then you came along, my daughter, Fox . .''

See  Speculative  Image (Read image and image caption) ::

Every angle  there is sincerity

re :: Every angle  . .  there is sincerity

View  Uploaded

No  Subject

(No Subject)

http://tinypic.com/m/iefdeg/3

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: Hi

danatemporary wrote:

Hi Dana. I was beginning to wonder where you had gone

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Just hanging on the edge of the Multiverse(or meta-universe)

re: Hey (smile) |  Just hanging on the edge of the Multiverse (or meta-universe), Lol

Hi Thanks for the heads up Beachbum. I'm just hanging  on the edge  of the Multiverse (or meta-universe)  

All Off - S i t e s

> Multiversial 0ff S i t e --

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Life's Dharmic wheel of Potentialities

~(; ̄ェ ̄)ノ

Re :: Life's Dharmic wheel of Potentialities

View Uploads  --

Blake's  work  entitled:: "Friendship''

~(; ̄ェ ̄)ノ

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
> Images have a radically different meaning, PERFECT !!

When images have a radically different meaning, PERFECT  . .

Okay .. Okay!    Okay, Sweetheart, I still believe it will workout

Funny (as in odd), We only cross our fingers, when we are wishing, for good luck, and when we're lying, right ?!??   

F i n

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
fin indeed

fin indeed

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Weeks and Weeks And The Latest Arrivals -

Weeks and Weeks  And The Latest Arrivals   -

re :: Weeks and Weeks  .. And The Latest Arrivals   -

In all of us it's those dark places, that only make you all believe it was I who was easily scared or avoids conflict.  (?) Then why risk embarrassment ?

Especially View 'Two'  larger  Uploads --

From-the-Mahabharat-A-Story-Being-Retold  -

Upload part of the retelling   &  Picture Inspired by Tale  --

From a small portion of the depicted Epic.  It all started when King Sambhava of Magadha went off an married the twin Kasi princesses, after having acquired each of them. But after a prolonged period of time, the mighty descendant of Brihadratha decided it would be best to have a baby. Feeling sad and dejected, he went to the forest to become a follower of a powerful Rishi. The Magdhan king, served the Rishi, according to the tale, for a great while until this great rishi was finally pleased. In return, he decided to quench the king’s thirst and gave him a divine fruit. Upon But when Sambhava reached his wives, he didn’t want to leave one behind because Maghadaraja loved them both equally. So he divided the fruit in half and fed it to his wives. But it took some time to realize what he did wasn’t necessarily the right decision.

One Kasi princess gave birth to the left half, while the other to the right. Striken by the horror, he threw the child into the forest. But luckily for them there came the presence of a rakshasi. Her name was Jara. As she reached the disfigured infant, she joined both parts together to see what would happen, and was able to reunify the two, into one. What do you know! The two emerged into one. But she did not want to bring it upon herself to eat a child, after this! Fore she had pity on the baby! So, Instead she went to Sambhava’s kingdom to give back what was rightfully his. She then told him what had transpired in the forest. At that, Maghada’s king decided to accept him back as his son and call him Jarasandha ( the meaning of the word is literally “joined by Jara” ).

F i n

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Miscellaneous none the less significantly placed for Off-Site

Re:: Miscellaneous none the less significantly placed for Off-Site

Single Uploaded Image,  image is the comment, addressed to Off-Site,  OFF-Site/Omni-0FF-Site  Only --

See/View Upload (Below)

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Big Time, and something Fun for the Whole Family . .

** Intermission --  Let's go back to the Lobby and get ourselves some snacks **

http://tinyurl.com/nljzsq2

Re :: > Big Time, and something fun for the Whole Family . .

View/SEE Single Uploaded image . . .

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh! Oh! Oh! Its Magic

Re :: (?) Sins of the Fathers ?!?

View/See single Uploaded image (or images) --

Bonus  YouTube Vid. extra  -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ZpXMyQ1po {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ZpXMyQ1po}

p.s. --  ''Freebie" or Gloria in excelsis deo (hehe)

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re:: I feel bad if this is startling . .

Re:: Oh, And I feel bad if this is startling . .

View Uploaded Image --

(Image Here or Below) --

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Deepavali New Years wishes-Often associated with something else

Often associated with something else (hmm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwshSvsmS9g {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwshSvsmS9g}

P.S. --  Deepavali  New Year's wishes to all Smiling