My favorite song of all time!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
My favorite song of all time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg4jSNfZW3U

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not a bad song, but Abba

Not a bad song, but Abba while a good band doesn't make the cut for complexity or overall social impact as a band. I couldn't pick any of their songs for the top 25 of my list.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Not a

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Not a bad song, but Abba while a good band doesn't make the cut for complexity or overall social impact as a band. I couldn't pick any of their songs for the top 25 of my list.

The funny part is I discovered that particular song just last year.

Not bad? DUDE that is pre Metalica. That song KICKS FUCKING ASS!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME MR!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 https://www.youtube.com/wat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUrzicaiRLU

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I don't think the band even makes my top 100. But that is just because I am a racist who doesn't like Brian, not because I have any independent taste in music.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I don't think the band even makes my top 100. But that is just because I am a racist who doesn't like Brian, not because I have any independent taste in music.

No dumbass, I do not think you are a racist, I think you merely resist the idea that you are afraid of change and are unaware of your own cultural bias.

We are a diverse species and what works for you does not work for everyone else. And it is patently fucking stupid to think nothing you do affects others. I affect you right now by your reaction to my post.

But other than that, see glad you don't think it is bad.

I love it mostly because it was ahead of it's time. It would make a great metal thrash song and the lyrics could reflect a stalker god motif. "Anythwere you go I'll find you".

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No dumbass, I

Brian37 wrote:

No dumbass, I do not think you are a racist, I think you merely resist the idea that you are afraid of change and are unaware of your own cultural bias.

Afraid of change? Ironic charge to level against someone who advocates the complete removal of government as we have known it for 150 years.

Brian37 wrote:

We are a diverse species and what works for you does not work for everyone else. And it is patently fucking stupid to think nothing you do affects others. I affect you right now by your reaction to my post.

Exactly why you can't pass laws to control people and you should let people do what they want. You are the one who constantly suggests one size fits all solutions. My answer to almost everything is let people choose themselves.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Afraid of change? Ironic charge to level against someone who advocates the complete removal of government as we have known it for 150 years.

Brian37 wrote:

Exactly why you can't pass laws to control people and you should let people do what they want. You are the one who constantly suggests one size fits all solutions. My answer to almost everything is let people choose themselves.

Remove the government? Hell no. Get rid of the greed and the monopolies of power, yes. Maybe your idea of competition is sweat shop labor, and a race to the bottom, but that will never be mine.

Unlike you I know it is OUR government and should not be run by one class. I do not see taxes as robbery like you do. You treat economics like a wife who lives in your house, doesn't make as much and since should have no say.

We cant pass laws to control people? Oh ok, run a red light past a cop then because no one has the right to control you right? 

You still don't want to admit that you simply like being in charge and when you don't always get what you want as far as law then it is tyranny. Nope, in a civil society WE decide what OUR laws are, not you, not one party, not one class.

No you do  not want me to chose, because that means I can vote. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You clearly don't understand

You clearly don't understand Beyond's political views. I can't say I agree with all of them, but a smaller government with a bit less power wouldn't be a bad thing. I would do it significantly differently than he would. I'd decentralize government authority as opposed to cutting the fat which I think has its uses. But neither form would suddenly let people run red lights or anything so ridiculous.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No you do

Brian37 wrote:

christ, i love when this asshole tells people what they think and what they want. it's like he's saying, "no, you do NOT think that because that's not what i want to argue against! you CLEARLY think THIS!"

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Brian37 wrote:Remove the

Brian37 wrote:

Remove the government? Hell no. Get rid of the greed and the monopolies of power, yes. Maybe your idea of competition is sweat shop labor, and a race to the bottom, but that will never be mine.

See you are the one who fears change. Just the mention of it sends you into a hysterical fear mongering rant.

Quote:

Unlike you I know it is OUR government and should not be run by one class. I do not see taxes as robbery like you do. You treat economics like a wife who lives in your house, doesn't make as much and since should have no say.

I would never let a wife live in my house. I am attracted to strong independent women who make their own money, manage their own affairs and carry guns.I would never dream of telling such a woman what to do with her money unless she asked for my advice. I have no desire to have anyone dependent on me, I find such dependency extremely unattractive.

Quote:

We cant pass laws to control people? Oh ok, run a red light past a cop then because no one has the right to control you right? 

Obviously those laws fail to control people because people still run red lights. All you can do is punish.

Quote:

You still don't want to admit that you simply like being in charge and when you don't always get what you want as far as law then it is tyranny. Nope, in a civil society WE decide what OUR laws are, not you, not one party, not one class.

I don't like being in charge. I do everything I can to avoid being in charge. I have zero desire to control anyone and my whole political theory is based on the idea of nobody being in charge.

Quote:

I want you to choose whatever the fuck you want except for controlling others.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 It's fucking amazing how

It's fucking amazing how quickly the OP went from ABBA to... well... total shit.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: It's

digitalbeachbum wrote:

It's fucking amazing how quickly the OP went from ABBA to... well... total shit.

At least this time brian derailed his own thread.