Check out this atheist rap artist.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Check out this atheist rap artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMEyyPRa-lQ

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
rap sucks.

rap sucks.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:rap sucks.Not

Vastet wrote:
rap sucks.

Not into it myself, but still a taste issue. I didn't think this one I posted was all that good, but I did like the lyrics. Some parts were too low, his voice could have been sharper, and I liked the beat but wanted it to be faster, metal head in me.

I don't think Snoop Dog got to where he was at because he sucked. Willie Nelson likes him.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nelson and Snoop suck too.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Nelson and

Vastet wrote:

Yep they suck so bad they made millions.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Sounding good is the least important ingredient to success in the music industry.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Yep they

Brian37 wrote:

Jerry Springer made millions by interviewing low IQ, mouth-breathers.  His show is still utter garbage.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Jerry Springer made millions by interviewing low IQ, mouth-breathers.  His show is still utter garbage.

QFT. Just because you make millions doesn't mean you don't suck ass.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

The Kardashian family is worth in the neighborhood of 18 million a year, on top of which, Kim and her sister and her mom make individually another 5-7 million a year off various products like soap, perfume, clothing, shoes, etc.

What is the Kardashian family worth other than money? Nothing. They are white trash living the high life off their dead dad who was part of the OJ defense team.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Sounding good is the least important ingredient to success in the music industry.

Yea but that goes with any style of music. You get to the top of any style if you could go into that artists music library what you will not find is a monocromatic taste on their part. 

I really hate this stupid atitude by laypersons who are merely hate a type of music thinking because they hate it everyone else should. No it is merely a matter of taste.

Same with people who compare Justin Bieber to Jimmy Hendrix. I hate Bieber because he is a dumb young kid, but as far as his talent, he can dance and sing in videos and in concert and he has a voice. I also think Elvis was overrated calling him a musician, again he was a great preformer and had a great voice. Two different styles of music, so that is like comparing apples to oranges.

I am a huge ABBA fan as everyone knows, but if anyone thinks they were not talented they are simply fucking nuts.

Snoop is talented, so is Willy Nelson, nobody has to like their style of music.

It merely matters what you are used to, and a personal taste. No matter what, even in sports you do not like it yourself, you get to the top level you have to have talent. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:ProzacDeathWish

Vastet wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

So one tv show means all tv shows suck. How much rap have you listened to or do you simply lump all of it together like theists think all atheists are evil? I simply admit it is not my taste. I think you have some personal bias you do not want to admit you have.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 There is not one person

There is not one person reading this if I dug into your personal tastes, not just on music, but sports or movies or whatever you escape to for entertainment, I am quite sure I could find crap you are into that you are simply into that doesn't educate or inform.

Anyone here drink? Anyone here like video games with violence in them? Anyone watch tv dramas or sitcoms? Anyone read fiction books? Anyone have off road bikes or 4 wheelers? None of that shit is actually vital to life but you still escape to it.

Now if one wants to argue that far too much of media is lopsided and not enough of it is educational, I'd agree with that. But rap is not any different than what you personally escape to. So if you are unwilling to treat each song as individual songs and treat each artist as an individual artist, then you are merely being judmental.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

So one tv show means all tv shows suck.

Lol wut?

Brian37 wrote:
How much rap have you listened to

FAR too much. And none of it willingly.

Brian37 wrote:
or do you simply lump all of it together like theists think all atheists are evil?

You're the label master, not me.

Brian37 wrote:
I simply admit it is not my taste.

Taste is irrelevant. Rap simply sucks.

Brian37 wrote:
I think you have some personal bias you do not want to admit you have.

I'm perfectly willing to admit a bias. I have a bias against all things that suck ass. Rap being one of them.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: There is not

Brian37 wrote:

There is not one person reading this if I dug into your personal tastes, not just on music, but sports or movies or whatever you escape to for entertainment, I am quite sure I could find crap you are into that you are simply into that doesn't educate or inform.

Anyone here drink? Anyone here like video games with violence in them? Anyone watch tv dramas or sitcoms? Anyone read fiction books? Anyone have off road bikes or 4 wheelers? None of that shit is actually vital to life but you still escape to it.

Now if one wants to argue that far too much of media is lopsided and not enough of it is educational, I'd agree with that. But rap is not any different than what you personally escape to. So if you are unwilling to treat each song as individual songs and treat each artist as an individual artist, then you are merely being judmental.

I enjoy a lot of things that suck. That doesn't suddenly make them good. I am actually a fan of Willie, but he has little musical talent. His success is 99.9% persona.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:I am

Beyond Saving wrote:
I am actually a fan of Willie, but he has little musical talent. His success is 99.9% persona.

whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. as a musician, i strongly disagree. willie has shitloads of talent, and he was known and respected in the music world long before he crafted his public persona. he's an extremely accomplished guitar player, underrated in fact, and, more than that, he basically pioneered a style of guitar playing that mixes traditional country, western swing, jazz, blues, and fandango. willie is an unparalleled songwriter in country music ("crazy," "hello walls," "funny how time slips away," "nightlife"); in fact, songwriting is how he made his living for over a decade because his musical style was considered too innovative to sell him as a performer (something later proved disastrously wrong). he was in his 40s before he became a successful performer. and while his vocals are far from smooth, his style of singing behind the beat was as innovative as his guitar playing (and complemented it perfectly). in fact, miles davis was a huge admirer of his singing and patsy cline actually imitated it when she cut "crazy" because she couldn't imagine the song without it.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: whoa, whoa,

iwbiek wrote:

whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. as a musician, i strongly disagree. willie has shitloads of talent, and he was known and respected in the music world long before he crafted his public persona. he's an extremely accomplished guitar player, underrated in fact, and, more than that, he basically pioneered a style of guitar playing that mixes traditional country, western swing, jazz, blues, and fandango. willie is an unparalleled songwriter in country music ("crazy," "hello walls," "funny how time slips away," "nightlife&quotEye-wink; in fact, songwriting is how he made his living for over a decade because his musical style was considered too innovative to sell him as a performer (something later proved disastrously wrong). he was in his 40s before he became a successful performer. and while his vocals are far from smooth, his style of singing behind the beat was as innovative as his guitar playing (and complemented it perfectly). in fact, miles davis was a huge admirer of his singing and patsy cline actually imitated it when she cut "crazy" because she couldn't imagine the song without it.

I actually know a guitar player that said of all the styles that he has learned over the years, the bluegrass country style (and he can finger pick some good ones) is among the most difficult and complex. In fact, he had mentioned when he was in a band with a bluegrass picker from North Carolina, that guy could outdo everyone and played solely by ear. 

While I am more of a rock and roll fan than country, at times I don't often feel that country gets the respects that it deserves. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
rap sucks.

Not into it myself, but still a taste issue. I didn't think this one I posted was all that good, but I did like the lyrics. Some parts were too low, his voice could have been sharper, and I liked the beat but wanted it to be faster, metal head in me.

I don't think Snoop Dog got to where he was at because he sucked. Willie Nelson likes him.

It could be possible because my girlfriend and I go to strip clubs and that makes some of the tracks, but there actually a few Lil Wayne songs I like. 

I know, I know, that was a horrible thing to admit and I would never own up to it under oath, but it is true. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Lol wut?
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
or do you simply lump all of it together like theists think all atheists are evil?
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

I'm perfectly willing to admit a bias. I have a bias against all things that suck ass. Rap being one of them.

TO YOU it sucks, and so what?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I enjoy a lot of things that suck. That doesn't suddenly make them good. I am actually a fan of Willie, but he has little musical talent. His success is 99.9% persona.

Argue with his fans then. I am one to admit someone has talent and no one of any type of music pop, rock or rap, gets to that level without talent.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Lol wut?
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

No, it just sucks. Period.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Lol wut?
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

It sucks so bad that people have made an industry out of it. Ladies and gentilemen, the jigs up Vaset has declaired that rap sucks so the rest of us must accept it and those into it should just quit making it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Lol wut?
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

It sucks so bad that people have made an industry out of it. Ladies and gentilemen, the jigs up Vaset has declaired that rap sucks so the rest of us must accept it and those into it should just quit making it.

Appeal to popularity. You're very close to your ultimate goal of being a theist. Just one or two more little steps and you'll have it nailed.

Rap sucks. Period.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Lol wut?
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Appeal to popularity. You're very close to your ultimate goal of being a theist. Just one or two more little steps and you'll have it nailed. Rap sucks. Period.

I know what appeal to popularity is. You mean like "leave religion alone because it is popular" like that? Oh I get it, when I dissent about religion, I am the bad guy, but when you tell everyone what good music is you are the expert. Got it.

I am so sure Snoop and Willie are soooooo concerned with what you think their talent level is.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I know what

Brian37 wrote:
I know what appeal to popularity is.

Clearly you don't.

Brian37 wrote:
You mean like "leave religion alone because it is popular" like that?

Thanks for the unnecessary demonstration of your ignorance.

Brian37 wrote:
Oh I get it, when I dissent about religion, I am the bad guy,

You'll never get it. We're almost all atheists here, and all with some rational beef against religion. Excepting a few theists and you.

Brian37 wrote:
but when you tell everyone what good music is you are the expert.

I'm an expert on everything. At least, compared to you. Except ABBA. I'm willing to wager that's the one subject you may be better educated on. Oh hell I'll give you football too, since it's a pussy sport that moves as slowly as golf I have no interest in it. That's all though.

Brian37 wrote:
I am so sure Snoop and Willie are soooooo concerned with what you think their talent level is.

They'd better not give a rats ass. They'd lose a lot of money. But I would sleep easier, and I don't much care how much money they make, so it doesn't matter to me.