Love this comedian

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Love this comedian

http://www.ranting-gryphon.com/Audio/Audio.htm

My favorite clips are "Religion" and "Hunting".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 That was supposed to be

That was supposed to be comedy? Where were the jokes? Sounded like rants from someone with more than a few loose screws and a lot of anger issues.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: That

Beyond Saving wrote:

That was supposed to be comedy? Where were the jokes? Sounded like rants from someone with more than a few loose screws and a lot of anger issues.

You think Obamaa sank the Titanic. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

If Brian likes it then it must really suck.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: That

Beyond Saving wrote:

But because he snd I are atheists I am sure we agree about "Guns", look it up. And I am sure "Intelegent Design" works for you too. Look up those clips

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Pfft. I don't give Obama that much credit. He was likely playing golf on the deck of the titanic while it was sinking, while Michelle hid in the corner scarfing down ribs at the buffet while everyone was evacuating. Ted Kennedy was just glad the ship would cover up his car, Al Gore was claiming the ice berg is proof of global warming, GW got excited about being on board a submarine, Glen Beck ran around shouting it was the end of the world, Rush Limbaugh declared it proof that the British suck, Bill Clinton jumped in the lifeboat with the cocktail waitress (sorry Hillary, no room), you started ranting about how unfair it was that more people in 3rd class died than 1st class and demanded a government regulation requiring that people die equally, while I ordered up another Manhattan and said, "Fuck them, I've got mine." 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

But because he snd I are atheists I am sure we agree about "Guns", look it up. And I am sure "Intelegent Design" works for you too. Look up those clips

I listened to the gun one and the religion one. Even when I agreed with him on the basic subject, I didn't find him the least bit funny. It was just a shallow rant filled with a lot of vitriol. 

Honestly, I didn't even get the impression that he was even trying to be funny, but I googled him and I guess he is a comedian. I don't know where one would laugh. Even when I don't find comedy funny I can usually spot the intended punchline. For example, I don't find insult comics funny at all, but I can at least tell that they are trying to be funny. If this is supposed to be comedy, it is missing me completely, I just don't see the punchline.  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I listened to the gun one and the religion one. Even when I agreed with him on the basic subject, I didn't find him the least bit funny. It was just a shallow rant filled with a lot of vitriol. 

Honestly, I didn't even get the impression that he was even trying to be funny, but I googled him and I guess he is a comedian. I don't know where one would laugh. Even when I don't find comedy funny I can usually spot the intended punchline. For example, I don't find insult comics funny at all, but I can at least tell that they are trying to be funny. If this is supposed to be comedy, it is missing me completely, I just don't see the punchline.  

Just what I thought. You don't dislike him, you dislike him because I like him.

Comedian Luis Black has the same "Veins popping out of your head" motif. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

If Brian likes it then it must really suck.

I like Cosmos.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Just what I

Brian37 wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble, but your opinion isn't anywhere even close to that important to me. 

Quote:

Except Lewis Black is fucking funny. I'm not entirely sure that this guy intended the rants to be funny. If he did, he failed, but at least he has one fan. 

Now if you want some comedy making fun of hunters, check out some classic Ellen. 

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yf7m60/stand-up-ellen-degeneres--hunting

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble, but your opinion isn't anywhere even close to that important to me. 

Quote:

Except Lewis Black is fucking funny. I'm not entirely sure that this guy intended the rants to be funny. If he did, he failed, but at least he has one fan. 

Now if you want some comedy making fun of hunters, check out some classic Ellen. 

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yf7m60/stand-up-ellen-degeneres--hunting

Oh bullshit, you simply do not want to admit it is your own personal taste. You can find just as many people who do not think Luis Black is funny.

Gryphon really isn't doing anything controversal anymore than South Park does. You found parts you agreed with. But because I posted it, you didn't like it because you don't like me.

Just like if Obama could shit gold you'd deny it was gold.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Oh bullshit,

Brian37 wrote:

Oh bullshit, you simply do not want to admit it is your own personal taste. You can find just as many people who do not think Luis Black is funny.

No shit it is personal taste, and I stated my personal taste. I don't find him funny at all, nor do I understand how anyone finds him funny. Like I said, I'm not entirely sure he intended to be funny. 

Quote:

Gryphon really isn't doing anything controversal anymore than South Park does. You found parts you agreed with. But because I posted it, you didn't like it because you don't like me.

Insecure much? I didn't like it because I didn't think it was funny. It wasn't my taste. I am really curious about what lines you thought were funny, because usually I am able to identify punchlines even if I don't like a comedian, here if someone had me listen to this without saying anything and asked me what it was, I would call it shallow social commentary from someone trying to be a leftist Rush Limbaugh. 

Quote:

Just like if Obama could shit gold you'd deny it was gold.

Yeah, I would. Would you believe it!?!?  

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I like

Brian37 wrote:

I like Cosmos.

You like ABBA, too.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I like Cosmos.

You like ABBA, too.

oh fuck, please don't set him off on that again. i'm sick of hearing about how he got his ass kicked in high school for liking abba. (yeah, i'm sure that was the ooonly reason...)

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Pfft. I don't give Obama that much credit. He was likely playing golf on the deck of the titanic while it was sinking, while Michelle hid in the corner scarfing down ribs at the buffet while everyone was evacuating. Ted Kennedy was just glad the ship would cover up his car, Al Gore was claiming the ice berg is proof of global warming, GW got excited about being on board a submarine, Glen Beck ran around shouting it was the end of the world, Rush Limbaugh declared it proof that the British suck, Bill Clinton jumped in the lifeboat with the cocktail waitress (sorry Hillary, no room), you started ranting about how unfair it was that more people in 3rd class died than 1st class and demanded a government regulation requiring that people die equally, while I ordered up another Manhattan and said, "Fuck them, I've got mine." 

That was artfully done. *tips non-existent hat and swims for shore*

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.