James Brady Death Ruled a Homicide ?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
James Brady Death Ruled a Homicide ?

If you ask me, the title of this article was rather misleading. When I first read it, I had thought that Brady had been killed and not "from complications in 1981". But then again, the press and carnies have a lot in common. 

For instance : "Step right up ladies and gentleman, right inside this door you will see a giant man eating chicken. That is correct, man eating chicken to the bones". The idiots pay, get inside, and find a really tall man eating a piece of fried chicken. Then what happens ? WHY, what would your friends think if you told them to go see the man eating chicken, satisfaction guaranteed. LOL. 

Of the two, I would trust the carnies that used to come through New Jersey that I went to as a boy. 

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28715717

US police to investigate James Brady death as homicide

The death this week of former White House press secretary James Brady was caused by injuries sustained in a 1981 shooting, US police have said.

He was wounded during an attempt on President Ronald Reagan's life by John Hinckley Jr. Mr Brady's death has been therefore classified as homicide.

He suffered brain damage and partial paralysis and died on Monday aged 73.

Hinckley has been confined to a psychiatric hospital since he was found not guilty by reason of insanity.

"We can confirm that the autopsy has been ruled a homicide and the Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the case," spokesman Officer Hugh Carew told the BBC.

In a statement, the Metropolitan police said that Mr Brady's remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the Northern District of Virginia.

"An autopsy was conducted and revealed the cause of death to be a gunshot wound and consequences thereof, and the manner of death was ruled a homicide," it said.

Mr Brady died on Monday at the age of 73.

A lifelong Republican, he had served in the Nixon and Ford administrations and as a Senate aide before joining Reagan's 1980 presidential campaign.

'Not guilty'

On 30 March 1981, John Hinckley Jr opened fire on the president's party outside the Washington Hilton Hotel, striking four people, including Mr Brady and Reagan.

Mr Brady was shot in the head and was the most seriously wounded. Reagan was shot in one lung. A Secret Service agent and a police officer suffered lesser wounds.

Photos and video of the incident show the wounded press secretary sprawled on the ground as Secret Service agents rushed the president into his vehicle and others wrestled Hinckley to the ground.

The former press secretary suffered brain damage, partial paralysis, short-term memory impairment and slurred speech.

Hinckley was tried and found not guilty due to insanity. Since the trial he has been committed to a Washington DC psychiatric hospital, but has been allowed to spend limited time at his mother's home.

Mr Brady, who served in three Republican administrations, became an advocate for stricter gun control.

He lobbied for legislation to require background checks for handgun sales. The so-called Brady Bill was signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1993.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I knew as soon as I saw

I knew as soon as I saw the title that it was related to his injuries.

What blows my mind is that they even need to consider doing anything about, I mean serious, find better ways to waste the tax payers money.