Gaze Ceasefire ENDS AGAIN What a surprise !

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gaze Ceasefire ENDS AGAIN What a surprise !

This time they managed to go a grand total of three days before it all resumed from the top. 

www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28721914

Gaza air strikes 'kill five' as rockets hit Israel

Five people have been killed in Israeli air strikes on Gaza, health officials there say, as Palestinian militants continue to fire rockets at Israel.

Violence resumed after the end of a three-day ceasefire on Friday.

Tensions have also been growing in the West Bank where protesters have clashed with Israeli troops. Reports say two Palestinians have been shot dead, one on Friday and one on Saturday.

At least 1,960 people have died since violence erupted in Gaza in early July.

More than 1,900 Palestinians, mostly civilians, have been killed,according to the UN.

Sixty-seven people have died on the Israeli side, including three civilians.

Israel said it renewed its military offensive soon after the truce lapsed in response to rocket fire by the Hamas militant group, which dominates Gaza.

Mosque attacked

On Saturday, the bodies of three Palestinians were pulled from the wreckage of a mosque in Gaza, local officials said.

There have also been two major explosions in the Gaza Harbour area. A BBC correspondent says one of the blasts is believed to have targeted a Hamas training facility.

The Israeli military said on Twitter earlier it had struck 33 sites in Gaza on Saturday, while six rockets had hit southern Israel.

They say more than 70 rockets have been fired from Gaza since the end of the ceasefire.

The conflict has also caused tensions in the West Bank, the territory governed by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and his Fatah movement.

A Palestinian man died of a bullet wound during a confrontation with Israeli soldiers in the city of Hebron, health officials said on Saturday.

Earlier, Israeli military officials confirmed that troops had killed a Palestinian man on Friday at a protest near a Jewish settlement outside the town of Ramallah.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Gaza Gaza Gaza, nope cant

Gaza Gaza Gaza, nope cant have anything to do with the stupid utopia of "blood" "race" (RELIGION) sold to Jews after WW2, has absolutly nothing to do with why they moved there in the first place.

Blame the occupants that were there before they moved in.

No one will even give me credit for blasting Palestine and Gaza for using "I was here first" as an excuse. Hebrews are much older.

Now if some here want to claim this is all strategy and oil, then all the fucking utopia land grab crap sold to each population IS a distraction.

This is not one sided like some want to make it out to be. What each side is doing is what any human would do. You get punched you punch back. 

Now I am not going to apologize for critizing Israel. You house human beings in a small cramped area, make them homeless by bombing them and cut off basic needs like food and shelter, this is what you get.

Israel suffers from the same fucked up logic god concepts do, "It is right when I do it and when you object, I blame you" Just like god blames humans for what he did. But no, I do not see Israel as a nation of "terrorists", I would say they are banging their heads against the wall and using bad logic to get what they want.

NO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I SIDE WITH HAMAS, even though this conflict was going on prior to them taking power. This is way past "he started it" and "You stop first". I really do not give one fuck now. If violence worked for either side there would be a resolution by now.

What fucking pisses me off is the blindess of both sides when you hear storied form citizens who have family and friends on the other side of the boarder. All that fucking chest pounding and no one wants to listen to them.

I hate Netenfuckoo and I will not make any apologies for it. He is a WW2 Dick Cheney warmonger and I think Isreal can do far better than that idiot.

We are not a separate species and I refuse to lump the entire population of either side into one label because of what warmongers on either side do.

The definition of insanity is to keep repeating the same actions and expecting a different result. Ultimately that is what both sides are doing and the leaders of both don't seem to give a fuck about the disservice they do to their own side and basic human rights in general.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Gaza Gaza

Brian37 wrote:
Gaza Gaza Gaza, nope cant have anything to do with the stupid utopia of "blood" "race" (RELIGION) sold to Jews after WW2, has absolutly nothing to do with why they moved there in the first place.

^ Doesn't even know how Gaza became Israels.

Brian37 wrote:
No one will even give me credit for blasting Palestine and Gaza for using "I was here first" as an excuse. Hebrews are much older.

You get tonnes of credit for your demonstrated ignorance. At least 4 people give you such credit repeatedly. If only a few of your friends would too, maybe you'd begin to understand.

Brian37 wrote:
Now if some here want to claim this is all strategy and oil, then all the fucking utopia land grab crap sold to each population IS a distraction.

Oil in Gaza? lmfao.

Brian37 wrote:
This is not one sided like some want to make it out to be.

Since the biased bigots Watcher & Anonymouse haven't been seen in some time (which is probably a good thing), there isn't anyone here blaming only one side for this. In fact, everyone seems to be spreading the blame accurately between all sides.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Ireal was not a nation

Ireal was not a nation prior to WW2. There were people living there prior to Jews moving in, just like there were Natives Americans in America prior to Europians moving in.

If I had had the power back then, whomever's stupid idea for Jews to move there in the first place I would have advised against it. Cant turn back the clock, but ever since then when Israel gets attacked they us that as an excuse to expand and have done such ever since. 

If the shoe were on the other foot Jews would fight back like any human would when cornered. Now again, you can sit there and argue reasons all the fuck you want, but we are way past "he started it" and "you stop first". I am beyond who said what and who has the right to that land. 

Both are asking for the impossible instead of working for the possible. The only way there will be peace is through a political solution, the violence IS NOT WORKING, for either side.

We are not a separate species.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 There are reports of

There are reports of either sand oil or gulf oil, but even if not the case the strategy if that is what this is all about IS distracting the civilians from the fact that the powerful, whom otherwise WOULD live in peace are both convinced that if they don't kill for them the other will obliterate them.

This is about religion,  you take the "race" and "religion" excuses out of this then maybe the average citizen can see that they are needlessly pitted against each other.

Basing land entitlements on race(arab or Jew) or religion (Muslim or Jew) is fucking stupid. I do believe individuals INDIVIDUALS depending on the person, that DO want peace on both sides. I do not believe the  powers on either side because they have agendas. Bot powers suffer from stupid male testosterone bullshit.

No different in a school yard for either side. You get attacked and you are going to turn to whom you think will defend you. I understand why Israelis turn to Netenyhu, but again, he is old school war policy which does not fit our modern world. I also understand Palestine and Gaza, again, you have no equal army, you are goint to resort to gurrella warfare.

I am tired of the "history" crap in right or wrong. I am taking into account human psychology and human evolution.

Like I said, we are not a separate species, but what really sucks is that the humans as individuals who do understand that are not as loud as the assholes who follow the leaders who treat the other as a sub species.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Ireal was not

Brian37 wrote:
Ireal was not a nation prior to WW2.

Irrelevant. Unlike you, I actually know the recent history of the middle east. I never said Israel was there prior to WW2.

Brian37 wrote:
There were people living there prior to Jews moving in, just like there were Natives Americans in America prior to Europians moving in.

Irrelevant again. I never claimed otherwise AGAIN.
There were actually already jews living there too, by the way.

Brian37 wrote:
If I had had the power back then, whomever's stupid idea for Jews to move there in the first place I would have advised against it. Cant turn back the clock, but ever since then when Israel gets attacked they us that as an excuse to expand and have done such ever since. 

If the shoe were on the other foot Jews would fight back like any human would when cornered. Now again, you can sit there and argue reasons all the fuck you want, but we are way past "he started it" and "you stop first". I am beyond who said what and who has the right to that land. 

Both are asking for the impossible instead of working for the possible. The only way there will be peace is through a political solution, the violence IS NOT WORKING, for either side.

We are not a separate species.

Hmm how surprising. You didn't address a single point I made, and yet again went on an irrelevant tangent. Moron.

Brian37 wrote:
There are reports of either sand oil or gulf oil,

What reports? Furthermore, so what? Even if the country were swimming in the stuff it could all be extracted from outside Gaza. The place is fucking TINY, and surrounded by Israel. Israel wouldn't have to take one step inside Gaza to drill it out. You're just laying red herrings that probably aren't even slightly true.

Brian37 wrote:
but even if not the case the strategy if that is what this is all about IS distracting the civilians from the fact that the powerful, whom otherwise WOULD live in peace are both convinced that if they don't kill for them the other will obliterate them.

You merely prove you don't have a clue. As always.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I am tired of

Brian37 wrote:

I am tired of the "history" crap in right or wrong. I am taking into account human psychology and human evolution.

Of course you are. Understanding history gets in the way of your imaginary worldview. You are no different than the theist who dismisses science because it doesn't match what they decided they already know. For someone who loves to spout psychology and evolution every other word, you are amazingly ignorant of both. I don't expect you to take my word for it, but multiple people have pointed out where you are factually wrong on a number of things. I would think that would warrant at least a little consideration and research. Ignorance can be forgiven, willfull ignorance is just stupid. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: What reports?

Vastet wrote:
What reports? Furthermore, so what? Even if the country were swimming in the stuff it could all be extracted from outside Gaza. The place is fucking TINY, and surrounded by Israel. Israel wouldn't have to take one step inside Gaza to drill it out. You're just laying red herrings that probably aren't even slightly true.

There is a small shred of truth to it. BG (British Gas) discovered large natural gas deposits offshore in 2000. The company owns 90% and Palestine owns 10% of the two fields. Pretty ridiculous to claim that is what the war is over though unless the Israelis are fucking fortune tellers who somehow knew the fields were there decades before they were discovered. Because of the conflict, development of the field has been slowed. 

http://www.offshore-technology.com/projects/gaza-marine-gas-field/

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's interesting. But if

That's interesting. But if BG owns 90% of it, then that's setterd. Israel would need some hefty balls to steal from the UKs biggest gas company like that. It isn't even controlled by the crown so the government can't just donate it to Israel, not like they'd be likely to anyway. And as you say, Israel couldn't have known it was there at the time. It certainly isn't why they took it.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Vastet

Beyond Saving wrote:

Vastet wrote:

There is a small shred of truth to it. BG (British Gas) discovered large natural gas deposits offshore in 2000. The company owns 90% and Palestine owns 10% of the two fields. Pretty ridiculous to claim that is what the war is over though unless the Israelis are fucking fortune tellers who somehow knew the fields were there decades before they were discovered. Because of the conflict, development of the field has been slowed. 

http://www.offshore-technology.com/projects/gaza-marine-gas-field/

The thought of Israel needing to bomb the shit out of the civ's for oil or gas is silly. Who the hell said... oh nevermind.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lolol

lolol

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:lololI wonder

Vastet wrote:
lolol

I wonder sometimes if this is just some big elaborate joke. I see these threads and I'm like... "ok let's see what is new.. oh.. no.. just more crazy shit..." Do you think that it is trolling or is it for real?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond drove him nutty. He

Beyond drove him nutty. He used to have intelligent things to say at least sometimes. But years of getting beaten did him in and now he's a broken record.