Odd Sunday Blue Law. Coyotes might convert.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Odd Sunday Blue Law. Coyotes might convert.

In Virginia coyotes are considered a nuisance and you are free to kill them "anytime". But not on Sunday. Does god not approve?

ON SUNDAY

You can't kill them with a gun. You can't kill them with a firearm. You can't kill them with any other weapon

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/habitat_partners/infosheets/coyote.pdf

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Coyotes are a nuisance in

Coyotes are a nuisance in Florida also. You can kill them any time with out question and in any way you want; even poison.

I want to get a gun just so I can kill one when I see them. They attack everything from cats, dogs and young people. Fucking animals are as bad as mosquitoes.

The other animal here in Florida which is free for killing is the giant snakes in the Everglades. Every year they hold a contest to see who gets the largest snake and the most weight. They are another animal I don't mind killing as they are destroying the habitat for the entire state.

Recently a 18ft Burmese python was killed by a guy who luckly had his hunting knife with him.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Huh. Only problem I ever had

Huh. Only problem I ever had with coyotes was the noise. Then again, there were cougars and bears around to keep them in check.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Recently a 18ft Burmese python was killed by a guy who luckly had his hunting knife with him.

Day-yum !

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Huh. Only

Vastet wrote:
Huh. Only problem I ever had with coyotes was the noise. Then again, there were cougars and bears around to keep them in check.

I'm not talking about the coyotes you might know, these are from Arizona and are not supposed to be here in Florida. They were brought to the east by ignorant hunters and they ended up populating the south east like mosquitoes.

They are scraggy, nasty and a pain in the ass to every one.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Day-yum !

Last year they gave away thousands of dollars for different records. I've heard that they are very difficult (very dangerous too) to catch when they are in the water. On land is a different story though but still can give you a fight for your life if you are alone.

I read a story that this police chief was walking home from work and he disappeared. They sent out search parties to find him and found a 20ft snake bulging at the seams. When they cut it open they found the crushed body of the guy.

He was only 5'5 and like 150-160 but still... 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I read

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I read a story that this police chief was walking home from work and he disappeared. They sent out search parties to find him and found a 20ft snake bulging at the seams. When they cut it open they found the crushed body of the guy.

He was only 5'5 and like 150-160 but still... 

An impressive animal to be sure but snakes like that should only be found in Jurassic Park. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I've done my fair share of

I've done my fair share of coyote shooting. The population around here has exploded. Probably because nobody traps anymore. When I was a kid, it was common to run a trapline and make a few bucks. Now, it is really rare to run into a trapper. And with coyote hides only going for $30-$40, it really isn't worth the time. I suspect the origins of the law have more to do with preventing people from working on Sunday. Back in the day, there were probably many people who primarily made an income through trapping. Heaven forbid you should miss church to work a trapline.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I've

Beyond Saving wrote:

I've done my fair share of coyote shooting. The population around here has exploded. Probably because nobody traps anymore. When I was a kid, it was common to run a trapline and make a few bucks. Now, it is really rare to run into a trapper. And with coyote hides only going for $30-$40, it really isn't worth the time. I suspect the origins of the law have more to do with preventing people from working on Sunday. Back in the day, there were probably many people who primarily made an income through trapping. Heaven forbid you should miss church to work a trapline.

They should allow more hunting for over populated animals. Down here the alligator is a huge deal. I have a friend who has a license for it and he covers one entire county. He spends months before the opening of the season tracking and cataloging locations for gators. If he can find a 13ft+ gator he make it a priority to get it first. They bring in thousands of dollars for the meat and the hide.

They have opened the gator hunting to even more this year. The population was higher than expected and they can be a pain on private lakes and river areas. Dogs and cats are common deaths but you also get baby/youth and the elderly who get eaten because of stupidity.

If you are ever at a lake or river and the dog is barking crazy at the water, but nothing is there, grab the dog and run. There is a gator sitting 6ft away ready to eat dinner.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 So if you kill a coyte on

So if you kill a coyte on a Sunday that is same as buying a 12 pack on Saturday and drinking it on Sunday.

I guess death is more magical or taboo on certain days. I am quite sure the animal cares what you kill it with and which day you kill it on.

Mind everyone here I am not a fundy animal rights activist. I eat meat and will not give up pork chops or burgers. I just find this line of logic absurd.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog