Humans who eat meat are like creationists

Ownerest
User is offlineOffline
Humans who eat meat are like creationists

This vegan clamis that everything that proves man is an omnivore is a lie, and believe in falsities, requiring faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBFjntT0CNU

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Where are all these

Where are all these militant meat eaters telling everyone they should be eating meat? I have never come across one. The only people who have ever told ne what I should or shouldn't eat are vegans or worse the raw foodists. The only time I've seen anyone bring up any point 'pro meat' is in response to some arrogant fuck who is telling everyone else what to eat. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Where

Beyond Saving wrote:

Where are all these militant meat eaters telling everyone they should be eating meat? I have never come across one. The only people who have ever told ne what I should or shouldn't eat are vegans or worse the raw foodists. The only time I've seen anyone bring up any point 'pro meat' is in response to some arrogant fuck who is telling everyone else what to eat. 

Ah a very brief moment where we agree. It is one thing to consult a doctor about diet, or suggest that there could be a better way to treat animals. But this moron would not say this shit if they understood evolution. Humans evolved to be omnivores and I do not see that changing anytime soon. Not to mention other mammals evolved as omnivores as well.

Mind you this has nothing to do with my position on the free for all market that is producing more crap including crappy food.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol

That skinny bald guy wants a debate between meat eaters and vegans. My only point would be "I weight 250 lbs, I didn't get that way eating tofu and veggies, and don't stand between me and a big mac or a three meat pizza, after he stops bouncing around the service counter I still wont care what he thinks.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ha ha. On occasion I go

Ha ha.

On occasion I go full carnivore when talking to vegans, but I haven't done it in a very long time. I have a motto that my friend Tim came up with years ago that I use if I do:

Vegetables are what food eats.

When accompanied by a certain kind of look, it can be quite amusing to see the reaction.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is this trying to do ?

What is this trying to do ?

Ownerest wrote:

This vegan clamis that everything that proves man is an omnivore is a lie, and believe in falsities, requiring faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBFjntT0CNU

Miss Clavel "Something is not right, something is not right" ( source :: Madeline)

I dont feel you'LL be getting any takers or can expect any adamant hardened position defending one position over another

In this Thread, this Thread  Only  Nu 1 -- http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/34613#comment-411640

Hey Beyond (Smile).  I didn't bother to view or read this. I am assuming, this guy isn't telling people what to eat or not to eat, as much as questioning scientific classification as human's are omnivores. There are data sets for recognizing what prehistoric diets were about, with every little thing you'd like to know about a number of dietary components, (in the past).

(Hard Eyerole) "Your faith-based beliefs are not backed up by science or reality" While let's start off by shooting ourselves in the foot, shall we ?!? He starts off saying ''Today's video: 'Why meat eaters are like Creationists' ?''  He says, I know this is going to upset meat eaters .. "But Hey You really think this is going to stop me from laying out the hard facts ?!??'' This defies any sense in his approach. He approaches this in a manner that is pretty arrogant and not very engaging It doesn't matter, afterall, what this guy thinks or if he thinks people should be scientifically classified as Omnivores or not.  It doesnt matter, what his personal view even is. What is this trying to do ? I concur the initial statement from the Video Bloggist, "I dont find it particularly important or interesting", said the video bloggist .. before I trailed off in indifference. An example of doing a piss-poor job of keeping one's interest, that's for sure. I honestly didn't even watch half of the video. As a matter of true fact, I shut off the video when he made the statement of:  Your faith-based beliefs are not backed up by science or reality (he was referring to Meat eating). This guy certainly isnt doing himself any favors. Dana asks: So, Human's are maladapted to being omnivores ? I am not convince that the following is enough to somehow overthrow the whole of scientific consensus that humans are omnivores 

Sorry  for  the following cut and paste  but this is a page that tries to make the case by a series of comparisons. I dont think there will be any takers to seriously debate it,  not in this forum that you'll find:

''(Quote)Are Humans Omnivores?

''You have probably seen some example of the multitude of posts around the internet arguing that it cannot be natural for humans to eat meat because we lack some characteristics possessed by all other meat eaters. This is a pretty weak form of argument, .. We can do better than simply pointing out their argument is flawed however, we can in most cases even explain why humans as traditional omnivores do not possess all these characteristics often possessed by other meat-eating species. I have taken this post as a good example of the argument we are discussing. 

Facial Muscles CARNIVORE: Reduced to allow wide mouth gape HERBIVORE: Well-developed OMNIVORE: Reduced HUMAN: Well-developed

Why are reduced facial muscles necessary for most meat eaters? The post even explains in the case of carnivores that it is in order to allow for a wide mouth gape. Some carnivores and omnivores hunt using their mouths as an important instrument in the kill. Humans do not use this method. We have historically used our hands in combination with tools in order to hunt and thus have never needed a wide mouth gape in order to hunt. This same explanation applies to why we have a seemingly herbivorous jaw type, jaw joint location, jaw motion, major jaw muscles, mouth opening versus head size, teeth of all types. In mammalian oral anatomy, the diminished canine teeth, also called cuspids, wolf teeth, fangs

There are still carnivorous and omnivorous species which do not hunt large prey with their mouths. Pigs are omnivores, eating leaves, grasses, roots, flowers, as well as insects and dead carcasses in the wild. Since their hunting style doesn't require them to kill large animals with their  mouths they have facial structures very similar to our own in all of these areas. Colon  CARNIVORE: Simple, short and smooth HERBIVORE: Long, complex; may be sacculated OMNIVORE: Simple, short and smooth HUMAN: Long, sacculated Humans are along with all other primates in having sacculated colons. Ruminants are another group that tends to have sacculated colons. Sacculation of the colon in simple terms simply refers to the structure of tucks and pouches we find in our colon. In humans and primates this is thought to be a special adaptation to fermentation, allowing us to extract more energy from fiber. Source This adaptation would not be useful for carnivores who don't consume any significant amount of fiber. For other omnivores and many other herbivores they have likely all struck upon different solutions for improving digestion of fiber which doesn't require sacculation of the colon, much as many animals have evolved unique solutions to solving the problem of seeing.  Stomach Capacity CARNIVORE: 60% to 70% of total volume of digestive tract HERBIVORE: Less than 30% of total volume of digestive tract OMNIVORE: 60% to 70% of total volume of digestive tract HUMAN: 21% to 27% of total volume of digestive tract

Kidney  CARNIVORE: Extremely concentrated urine HERBIVORE: Moderately concentrated urine OMNIVORE: Extremely concentrated urine HUMAN: Moderately concentrated urine Animals with unconcentrated urine risk wasting too much water in order to excrete wastes through their urine. Animals with concentrated urine put themselves at higher risk of developing kidney stones and other kidney issues. Being a carnivore or herbivore has very little to do with striking this balance, while the prevalence of water plays a much larger role.

Nails CARNIVORE: Sharp claws HERBIVORE: Flattened nails or blunt hooves OMNIVORE: Sharp claws HUMAN: Flattened nails Similar to facial structures, having sharp claws is only necessary if an animal is going to use these for hunting. Humans have never hunted using our nails and thus evolving sharp claws would be entirely unnecessary and quite a burden in our social lives. Once again omnivores like pigs or carnivores like anteaters do not have the features associated with their respective groups here. ''

Bon Appétit

A better way is less strident always, how about the things to really think about, a link can be found with URL ::  http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/Disadvantages_of_Being_a_Vegetarian

Most people who bother to care, know if you are a vegetarian and support you; while still enjoying their piece of tri-tip; and no problem arises from it.

The Biblical prohibition  who is actually dangerous  has nothing to do with who eats meat or not :: 

''But I now have written unto you not to keep company with any man who is ..a fornicator ..or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. With such a one you are not even to eat''

p.p.s.  -   Miss Clavel "Something is not right, something is not right" ( source :: Madeline),. This defies any sense in his approach. He approaches this in a manner that is pretty arrogant and not very engaging . . .

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Ha ha. On

Vastet wrote:
Ha ha. On occasion I go full carnivore when talking to vegans, but I haven't done it in a very long time. I have a motto that my friend Tim came up with years ago that I use if I do: Vegetables are what food eats. When accompanied by a certain kind of look, it can be quite amusing to see the reaction.

I don't care if someone wants to eat that way but there is no such thing as a utopia so it seems absurd especially knowing humans evolved omnivores to push animal jihad on the world. That would be funny to see that reaction.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Dmasterman
atheist
User is offlineOffline
There's a part where he

There's a part where he argues that people who eat meat, say that meat caused us/our brains to evolve and this is a lie facilitated by meat eaters, then argues that a fruit bat is an animal that shares traits with a carnivore but is a herbivore, thus MAN is also a herbivore

also he said that arguments made omnivores are all blogs and not peer based.

then the food chain is fictional, and that man naturally isn't a meat eater because children don't like slaughter houses.

:\

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dmasterman wrote:There's a

Dmasterman wrote:

There's a part where he argues that people who eat meat, say that meat caused us/our brains to evolve and this is a lie facilitated by meat eaters, then argues that a fruit bat is an animal that shares traits with a carnivore but is a herbivore, thus MAN is also a herbivore

Or at least Batman is.

Seriously, there is plenty to argue about whether or not meat had any positive effect on our evolution as far as our brains. It certainly made things easier at many points in our history when surviving as a vegan would have been impossible, thus people who otherwise would have starved to death, were able to survive and pass on their genes. But to claim we are herbivores demonstrates complete idiocy on a level that isn't even worth taking serious.

Quote:

also he said that arguments made omnivores are all blogs and not peer based.

And that is why you shouldn't believe every dipshit who makes a youtube video.

http://www.jstor.org/action/doBasicSearch?Query=human+omnivores&acc=off&wc=on&fc=off

Every one of those articles is peer reviewed.

Quote:

then the food chain is fictional,

I invite him to go for a walk through the tiger cage.

Quote:

and that man naturally isn't a meat eater because children don't like slaughter houses.

No one likes visiting slaughterhouses. They are loud, smelly and distinctly unpleasant places- and this is coming from someone who has no ethical qualms and has personally killed countless animals. Kids also don't like pumping septic tanks, does that mean humans aren't naturally shitters?

Kids don't have a problem with killing animals. That is why you need to remind them 100 times to be gentle with pets. It is also why hunting is a sport that so many people (including myself) enjoy, because it naturally gets your adrenaline and endorphins and all sorts of pleasure chemicals going. Humans naturally find killing to be a lot of fun. That our current social conventions go the other way is irrelevant. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Well Ok.

The fella is kidding himself, he says he dosen't care etc----if he doesn't care then don't make the video. ???

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
>Detrimental effects --your tinkle protection--Sensitive bladder

http://tinypic.com/m/ib9rv6/3

re :: Detrimental effects of not having -- your tinkle protection -- for-Sensitive bladders

View Uploaded Photo --

http://tinypic.com/m/ib9rv6/3

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Where

Beyond Saving wrote:

There are very rare moments where we agree. This is one of those rare moments.

This isn't even a matter of millitant or dictating, there simply is no fucking evidence to suggest that humans need to stop eating meat for their own good. And evolution proves we evolved to be omnivores.

I am fine with arguing for better treatment of animals. I am also fine with outlawing the hunting of endangered species. And while it is stupid to think you can outlaw all hunting, the only thing I find absurd about it is calling it a sport. Hunting is a trap, a trick. A sport is when your rival is in on it with the same opportunity to challenge you in return. I do find trophy hunting sick. If you are not going to eat it, don't kill it.

What I find with these bleeding hearts is that most of the time they mistake cute as something not to be eaten, but they'd have no problem killing something not so cute. Even with dogs being food in Asia. I wouldn't do it myself but I understand that that is a cultural thing and the west considers them pets and not food. Dogs are not endangerd so while we recoil at what they do, that is a matter of our social conditioning as to why we do not do the same thing.

The only pragmatic thing that should determine diet, is at an individual level and a doctor. Not some ideological nut who merely wants to play maryter for a cause.