New old laptop, Cursor jumps around.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
New old laptop, Cursor jumps around.

I have a used laptop got it dirt cheap, but the cursor jumps around the line and sentence or jumps to another line. Even deletes words or sentances mid typing. It is using windows 7. I tried disabling the laptop mouse pad driver but couldn't when I got to the driver. I may have to bypass it with a usb keyboard. Any suggestions?

It is an Asus Eee PC, with windows 7 starter.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Restore

Brian37 wrote:

I have a used laptop got it dirt cheap, but the cursor jumps around the line and sentence or jumps to another line. Even deletes words or sentances mid typing. It is using windows 7. I tried disabling the laptop mouse pad driver but couldn't when I got to the driver. I may have to bypass it with a usb keyboard. Any suggestions?

It is an Asus Eee PC, with windows 7 starter.

Go to help and find restore. You have a bug or virus. Pick a restore point from a previous time. IF, your machine has a restore system it will take about 45 minutes to complete. Restore gets rid of previous added programs and viruses--most ad-ons. When done---create a new retore point. You may have to recover the entire system--go to system recovery--it can take two hrs. Everything will be as out of the factory and the whole system starts over from the original installations. OR--- find REFRESH PC. which does the same as restore.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
So is the keyboard or the

So is the keyboard or the pad acting up? Never mind, it doesn't matter.

Boot in to Safe Mode. Take a thumb drive and put Malwarebytes or GlaryUtils on it (from a clean system).

Scan the entire system top to bottom.

I'm think you have a conflict with the driver or the driver is corrupt. There is an outside chance that the pad is messed up physically or you have a loose connection.

You could also download the driver and reinstall it. Go Google the downloads for that Asus. They are pretty good at keeping drivers on their website.