Woody Allen Denies Abusing Daughter

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Woody Allen Denies Abusing Daughter

 Could this be true ? Does anyone even care ? I have never liked Woody Allen. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26096048

 

Woody Allen has repeated his denial that he molested his adopted daughter, in a letter to the New York Times.

The filmmaker said Dylan Farrow had been coached to make the claim by his estranged former partner, Mia Farrow.

Mr Allen, 78, wrote in the newspaper that Dylan had been "used as a pawn for revenge" against him by her mother.

Dylan Farrow wrote last week in the New York Times that Mr Allen abused her in 1992 when she was seven years old in an attic at Mia Farrow's Connecticut home.

Mr Allen alleges that Mia Farrow orchestrated the "smear" after discovering earlier in the same year that he was having an affair with her other adopted daughter from a previous partner.

'Indoctrination'

The Hollywood legend began a relationship with Soon-Yi Previn when she was about 19. They wed in 1997 and remain married.

"Not that I doubt Dylan hasn't come to believe she's been molested," Mr Allen wrote, "but if from the age of 7 a vulnerable child is taught by a strong mother to hate her father because he is a monster who abused her, is it so inconceivable that after many years of this indoctrination the image of me Mia wanted to establish had taken root?"

He adds: "Of course, I did not molest Dylan. I loved her and hope one day she will grasp how she has been cheated out of having a loving father and exploited by a mother more interested in her own festering anger than her daughter's well-being."

'Predator'

In an open letter to the New York Times on Sunday last week, Dylan Farrow, now 28 and living in Florida, said Mr Allen was a "predator" who had abused her in a "dim, closet-like attic" while she played with an electric train set.

She has previously said she decided to break her silence after two decades when Mr Allen's latest film, Blue Jasmine, was nominated for an Oscar.

But Mr Allen said in his rebuttal that her allegation includes "creative flourishes that seem to have magically appeared during our 21-year estrangement".

He wrote that he always kept away from the cramped attic because he suffers from claustrophobia.

"When I was in the blissful early stages of a happy new relationship with the woman I'd go on to marry," he wrote, "that I would pick this moment in time to embark on a career as a child molester should seem to the most skeptical mind highly unlikely."

He points out that a panel of psychologists, appointed by US prosecutors, concluded Dylan had not been molested.

Mr Allen also wrote that he had passed a lie-detector test over the matter, while Mia Farrow, now 68, declined to take one.

He said the article would be "my final word on this entire matter", concluding: "Enough people have been hurt."

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4755
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
I remember him dating the

I remember him dating the adopted daughter but if you read the headlines it was as if he was fucking his blood daughter.

Mia Farrow is a crazy nut suck bitch. She hates him so she is making shit up.

People like her are mental and should be avoided.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I remember him dating the adopted daughter but if you read the headlines it was as if he was fucking his blood daughter.




yeah, and as if she were thirteen not nineteen. i remember when that "scandal" broke.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1710
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 Blue Jasmine is an

 Blue Jasmine is an excellent movie. Cate deserves an Oscar.

 

My wife and I are Woody fans. I would really hate for these allegations to be true, but have tended to believe them because he dated/married a girl who would look upon him as her father. But the article above makes some good points against it. Mia has not seemed like a crazy woman but my history shows I am not good at recognizing them.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4755
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: Blue

ex-minister wrote:

 Blue Jasmine is an excellent movie. Cate deserves an Oscar.

 

My wife and I are Woody fans. I would really hate for these allegations to be true, but have tended to believe them because he dated/married a girl who would look upon him as her father. But the article above makes some good points against it. Mia has not seemed like a crazy woman but my history shows I am not good at recognizing them.

I'm not a huge Woody fan, but I still think she is the cause of these allegations; she is hateful and spiteful.

Cate is amazing.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12919
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
I'm inclined to believe it.

I'm inclined to believe it. It's a pretty common thing as it turns out, and the guy has always had my creepy metre running full tilt. It's certainly possible that the mother drilled it into the girls head, but it's at least as likely that her memories are real. And the fact he had an affair with a girl he was raising as his daughter, regardless of the fact she wasn't really his daughter, is sufficient to convince me that it is true.

"He points out that a panel of psychologists, appointed by US prosecutors, concluded Dylan had not been molested."

I wouldn't trust a panel of psychologists TODAY to be capable of concluding either way on the matter. And I sure as fuck wouldn't trust a panel of psychologists 21 years ago.

"Mr Allen also wrote that he had passed a lie-detector test over the matter, while Mia Farrow, now 68, declined to take one."

And since lie detectors are proven to be incapable of detecting lies, this doesn't mean shit either.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
fwiw, allen wasn't raising


fwiw, allen wasn't raising soon-yi previn as his daughter. she had been adopted by farrow during a previous marriage. let's also remember that allen never actually married farrow and they lived in separate homes throughout their 10-year relationship. it's definitely an unorthodox start to a relationship, but previn was allen's adopted daughter neither in name nor practice.

the fact that allen and previn seem happily married after 20 years belies the predator image.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12919
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
That's a weak argument. He

That's a weak argument. He dated the daughter of the girl he was dating, in secret. And stokholm syndrome can easily explain the rest.

If I were on a jury I'd have the responsibility of knowing and examining all evidence, then concluding if there was a reasonable doubt. But I don't have that hanging on my neck, and I say his story is bullshit.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4755
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:That's a weak

Vastet wrote:
That's a weak argument. He dated the daughter of the girl he was dating, in secret. And stokholm syndrome can easily explain the rest. If I were on a jury I'd have the responsibility of knowing and examining all evidence, then concluding if there was a reasonable doubt. But I don't have that hanging on my neck, and I say his story is bullshit.

Evidence shows he didn't do any thing. There was a review of the charges to which the state found them false. There were medical examiners who said it was false. There were shrinks who said it was false. And not that it matters, but he passed a lie detector test which was given by the state.

 

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12919
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Neither psychologists nor

Neither psychologists nor lie detectors are remotely qualified to say either way. Medical examiners can be mistaken or bribed. None of that so-called evidence is convincing.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
well, i would say it's more

well, i would say it's more convincing than the other side's evidence, which seems to be just hearsay.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4755
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Neither

Vastet wrote:
Neither psychologists nor lie detectors are remotely qualified to say either way. Medical examiners can be mistaken or bribed. None of that so-called evidence is convincing.

Your a pessimist. You have no evidence other than your opinion. You reject the science. Hmmm. Sounds a lot like a young earth christian.

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12919
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well, i would

iwbiek wrote:
well, i would say it's more convincing than the other side's evidence, which seems to be just hearsay.

A direct witness is much more than hearsay.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Neither psychologists nor lie detectors are remotely qualified to say either way. Medical examiners can be mistaken or bribed. None of that so-called evidence is convincing.

Your a pessimist. You have no evidence other than your opinion. You reject the science. Hmmm. Sounds a lot like a young earth christian.

 

No I'm a realist. One who happens to be an excellent judge of character. And I haven't seen any science presented. You sound a lot like a young earth creationist. Claiming proof but failing to provide any.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4755
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:iwbiek

Vastet wrote:
iwbiek wrote:
well, i would say it's more convincing than the other side's evidence, which seems to be just hearsay.
A direct witness is much more than hearsay.
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Neither psychologists nor lie detectors are remotely qualified to say either way. Medical examiners can be mistaken or bribed. None of that so-called evidence is convincing.

Your a pessimist. You have no evidence other than your opinion. You reject the science. Hmmm. Sounds a lot like a young earth christian.

 

No I'm a realist. One who happens to be an excellent judge of character. And I haven't seen any science presented. You sound a lot like a young earth creationist. Claiming proof but failing to provide any.

LOL.

I just don't care enough that your freak meter is busted to put in the time and effort in to trying to recalibrate it.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12919
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
You're the one who's busted.

You're the one who's busted. You haven't a shred of evidence and you want to call the girl a liar, and that is just fine. I don't give the slightest shit what anyone thinks about it. I just said what I think. You'll have to do better than pseudo science if you want to change my mind. A lot better.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4755
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You're the one

Vastet wrote:
You're the one who's busted. You haven't a shred of evidence and you want to call the girl a liar, and that is just fine. I don't give the slightest shit what anyone thinks about it. I just said what I think. You'll have to do better than pseudo science if you want to change my mind. A lot better.

Never called the "girl" a liar. It is a given you don't give a shit. I respect your opinion. State evidence isn't a pseudo science, but you have the right to disagree with those PhD's and experts who disagree with you.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12919
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
I disagree with people who

I disagree with people who have less expertise than myself. Literally.
A junior in college taking psychology today is far better educated than any and every psychologist of 20 years ago. And as I already passed a few college courses on psychology and criminal psychology, I have a better education than any junior in college. Therefore I am more qualified than any psychologist of 20 years ago.
Anyone who calls themselves an expert in polygraphs is a snake oil salesperson, and should be laughed at. Not respected.
And finally, without seeing the medical examination reports to determine whether or not they even qualify as evidence, I am quite capable of dismissing them.

I'm not going to attempt to convince you that he molested the girl, because I have as much proof as you do. And even less at stake. The only reason I keep responding is because you're desperately trying to attack my credibility. Failing of course, but trying.

You have absolutely nothing of any scientific value to be able to convince me he didn't molest her. No phds, no experts, no evidence, NOTHING.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.