atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
If some one wins it is

If some one wins it is because they cheated, but the idea of winning 1 billion is amazing. I wonder if the challenge will be open to every one. Can you imagine? ESPN has only had like 30 million entries in 13 years. So this year they have like 100 million entries?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually I hadn't heard lol.

Actually I hadn't heard lol. I don't think much of the chances of a winner. And I think evrn less of the possibility of cheating. It would involve so many people that the payout would approach irrelevancy. I know nothing about NCAA. Don't even know what sport it is. But I'm rather sure I'd have as much likelihood as anyone of getting it perfectly right.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is basketball, and yeah,

Yeah, the odds of Warren Buffet actually having to pay the billion are extremely low, it is an easy way to get a few bucks offering insurance to Quicken and for Quicken it is just an advertising expense for all the publicity this will receive- especially if anyone manages to even get the first round perfect. For all you canucks, NCAA is college basketball. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
yeah, odds are

yeah, odds are 1:128,000,000,000

The most difficult part of making the picks is the first two rounds. With 64 teams you have to pick 32 correct picks in the first round against teams which are complete unknowns or very evenly matched. The second round you need 32 more picks of the same situation. That is 96 correct picks straight.

However after 16 teams the rounds it gets a little easier. because you usually end up with a few top seeds against a few lower teams. Of course, 8 then 4 then 2 which then becomes a toss up.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
How much would it suck to

How much would it suck to get everything right and then lose in the final? XD

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:How much would

Vastet wrote:
How much would it suck to get everything right and then lose in the final? XD

I think it would really, really... suck. Big time.