SF plane crash, why I blame the airline and not the first responders.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
SF plane crash, why I blame the airline and not the first responders.

Last year's airline crash in SF. Ok I agree with a lawsuit over the death of the Chinese girl. But not the fire fighters or first responders. I'd blame the airline. The investigation showed it was pilot error. If proper training and more experienced pilots had been flying the plane the accident never would have happened.

Now from the laypersons point of view the newly released video seems to defy what the first responders said. I disagree. It may seem "calm", but first responders are taught to keep their emotions outwardly in check. But in a uncontrolled sudden accident involving jet fuel at that scale you are going to be focused on the biggest threat first.

Now the ME said she was not dead and that the trucks ran over her and that is what killed her. I have had times with my mom being elderly perfectly alive and lucid and healthy, where a nurse COULD NOT find a pulse, or if drawing blood had a hard time finding a vein. What the videos do not show is the moment she got out of the plane or how she ended up where she was at. It is perfectly reasonable that one of the responders felt no pulse and because of the nature of the situation had to make a quick decision to pass her off as gone.

As far as the trucks I can see the drivers focusing on the biggest objects first, meaning the plane itself, so covered or not covered I think the first responders simply theorized what might have happened because they had no video at the time to determine what happened. Premature speculation maybe, but that does not constitute a cover up.

If I were the lawyer for this family I'd sue the airline, not the first responders. If they had properly trained the pilots in the first place that poor girl and two others would still be alive today.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You can't sue an airline for

You can't sue an airline for running someone over when they didn't run someone over. That's stupid beyond description. The people who ran someone over are the people who should be sued. Otherwise I can sue you if someone hits me while I'm standing in your yard. People can sue bus drivers and taxi drivers if they get hit after getting out of the vehicle even if the vehicle let them out on the sidewalk while at a complete stop.

Your understanding of consequence is completely fucked up.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You can't sue

Vastet wrote:
You can't sue an airline for running someone over when they didn't run someone over. That's stupid beyond description. The people who ran someone over are the people who should be sued.

The airlines have more money.  Makes sense from a lawyer's point of view to sue them instead.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Last year's

Brian37 wrote:

Last year's airline crash in SF. Ok I agree with a lawsuit over the death of the Chinese girl. But not the fire fighters or first responders. I'd blame the airline. The investigation showed it was pilot error. If proper training and more experienced pilots had been flying the plane the accident never would have happened.

Yes, I'm sure you have never ever made any mistakes at your job. It is possible for humans to be absolutely perfect. (How do pilots become more experienced, if only more experienced pilots are not allowed to fly?)  

Brian37 wrote:

If I were the lawyer for this family I'd sue the airline, not the first responders. If they had properly trained the pilots in the first place that poor girl and two others would still be alive today.

I wouldn't sue anyone. No one involved intended any harm to anyone. The pilots didn't intend to crash, there is no evidence whatsoever of gross negligence (like being drunk, screwing around, showboating etc.). There is no reason to believe that the airline had the capability of predicting that this crash was likely. As far as the first responders, there is absolutely no doubt they were doing their best to save lives in a terrible situation. And again, there is no indication of gross negligence or willfull disregard. 

Sometimes shit happens. Humans are not perfect, our machines are not perfect and accidents happen. Blaming it on some particular person or entity is absurd, it was an accident all the way around. Maybe we can learn from it and come up with extra safeguards to try to prevent something similar in the future, but ultimately, it is absolutely impossible to prevent 100% of accidents. While I have empathy for the family that lost their loved ones, I also have empathy for all the people involved. It would really suck to be those pilots, those firefighters or anyone else at the scene. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X