Cinema Shooting over texting

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cinema Shooting over texting

Well, I guess someone who was at the breaking point could not take the texting any longer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25737683

Curtis Reeves held over Florida cinema shooting

A retired US police officer is being held in connection with the fatal shooting of a 43-year-old man in a Florida cinema in a row over texting.

Curtis Reeves, who is charged with second-degree murder, was denied bail during his first court appearance.

The 71-year-old opened fire after asking a man sitting directly in front of him to stop texting several times.

He told investigators he was "in fear of being attacked". The victim, named as Chad Oulson, died in hospital.

Mr Reeves appeared by video link from the Land O' Lakes Jail in Pasco County at the court hearing on Tuesday afternoon.

He was wearing a jail-issued vest-like garment for his own protection "because of the high-profile nature of the case", a local police spokeswoman told The Tampa Tribune.

Mr Reeves faces a possible life sentence if found guilty.

Wife injured

The two men, accompanied by their wives, had been watching the previews for a matinee screening of the new war film Lone Survivor in Wesley Chapel, north of Tampa, on Monday, when the row broke out.

Mr Oulson's wife, Nicole, suffered non-life-threatening injuries as she had placed her hand over her husband just as he was shot, sheriff's spokesman Doug Tobin said.

Tampa Police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said Mr Reeves was a captain when he retired from the department in 1993.

Lone Survivor, based on a New York Times best-seller, stars Mark Wahlberg and tells the story of four navy Seals on an ill-fated covert mission against the Taliban in Afghanistan.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  If everyone in the

If everyone in the theater had been armed they all could have started blindly shooting in the general direction of the disturbance.  Eventually this massive hail of bullets would have "probably" hit the shooter .  Kind of like carpet bombing except instead of a massive 2000 lb bombs it would have been a storm of handgun bullets.  So what if a few innocent bystanders got killed in the process ?   They're just collateral damage.     More GUNS !!!!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fuck that, flamethrowers.

Fuck that, flamethrowers. Now THAT would be fun.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
 LOL

LOL

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Wow, one magazine, he

Wow, one magazine, he killed the target and only hit one innocent bystander? This cop must have been the best aim in the department before he retired. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Wow,

Beyond Saving wrote:

Wow, one magazine, he killed the target and only hit one innocent bystander? This cop must have been the best aim in the department before he retired. 

Well, it was like one row in front of him and the "target's" wife put her hand on his chest before he got hit, so the wound was on her hand.

I don't shoot left handed but I bet I could put a round in you, center mass, from 3 feet with out any issues.