where the fuck is everybody?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
where the fuck is everybody?

goddammit, i'm drunk on champagne (that's right, i said CHAMPAGNE, motherfucker, and PINK champagne at that) and lookin' to pick a fight or chase tail. where the fuck is everybody?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Here I yam....

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:goddammit, i'm

iwbiek wrote:
goddammit, i'm drunk on champagne (that's right, i said CHAMPAGNE, motherfucker, and PINK champagne at that)

Pussy.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
When real men drink pink,

When real men drink pink, they drink X-Rated. Smells like strippers tastes like ass.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got sick. Didn't do much

I got sick. Didn't do much of anything the last couple days. Go figure the spam gods noticed. Well fuck them all I've blocked 4 accounts that were all more than a year old and reduced them to 0 posts. But I don't think I'm done yet.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Vastet for hitting

Thanks Vastet for hitting that spam, I was busy too.

As for where everybody is at... sadly we've got an issue where many users are having problems posting with IE or Chrome.  We're working on the upgrade but always hit roadblocks. 

Are any of you posting via IE or Chrome? I'd like to know.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i post with IE, but for some

i post with IE, but for some reason ever since december i can only see the source code when i write. it doesn't matter that much, as i know basic coding, but i would like all the buttons and stuff back.

this happens to me with IE on both my home and work computers. one is a dell, the other hp.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
My pleasure. I actually

My pleasure. Smiling

I actually haven't noticed any change for a long time. Trusty PS3. *Pats the beast*

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have to use

I have to use Firefox to post anything on here.

If I try to use Explorer or Chrome (Chrome my favorite) the screen simply is blank and will not allow me to type. Also there have been gateway time outs and such, and real slow loading connections. There have been days that after waiting forever for the site to load, I just give up and decide to come back later.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
PS3 uses mozilla. Question

PS3 uses mozilla. Question answered apparently.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am on firefox, when I

I am on firefox, when I revived this compmuter I knocked it back to the original XP, tried downloading chrome, but it did not like this website so I went back to firefox.

Sorry I didn't check the site when you were in the mood to rip somone's head off, I would have been happy to obloge. But Champagnie? I agree with Beyond, pussy. Ouzo or Bacardi 151 or even Saki.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
hey, fuck all y'all. i've

hey, fuck all y'all. i've grown very fond of champagne the last couple of years, particularly sec or demisec (dry or medium dry) rose. slovakia actually has a decent sparkling wine that was originally started by a french immigrant.

if you're referring to my being drunk off of it, champagne goes to your head quite quickly. i'd like to see one of you drink a whole bottle by yourself and not get drunk (maybe not sloppy drunk, i was hardly sloppy drunk). the thing i don't like about hard liquor alone is that i can drink shot after shot and if i don't have a little beer with it, i don't feel drunk. i go from feeling nothing to suddenly damn near blacking out if i drink just liquor.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Lol, I know, I've been

Lol, I know, I've been drunk a champagne a time or dozen. It is the high sugar content that gets to me and gives me a fucking terrible hangover. I can drink a bottle of bourbon and go to work tomorrow. A bottle of champagne and I'm not getting out of bed the next day. Although the main reason I avoid it is that it tends to be way overpriced because it is considered a "celebration" drink. If I lived in a place where I could get a decent quality bottle for $15-$20 I would drink it more often. Around here, champagne comes really cheap (Andre at $7 a bottle) or ridiculously overpriced ($60+). And I understand why, very few people drink bubbly on a daily basis in Ohio and for celebrations people are either on a tight budget or are willing to splurge. The middle market isn't very profitable here and I don't like it enough to order a case at a time directly from a winery like I do my reds.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 This is the first time

This is the first time I've tried posting with chrome for about a month and it is working fine now. 

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: This

Beyond Saving wrote:

This is the first time I've tried posting with chrome for about a month and it is working fine now. 

Yep, it appears that Chrome is working again, as I am typing this message on here through Chrome again. I actually like Chrome for some reason. I know that for years, I would not give up my Internet Explorer (call me stubborn and hard-headed) but once I got Chrome, I almost refuse to use any other browser. 

Of course, I am still using Windows Vista and most people tell me that they hate that. But I am happy with my fast connection and the way it works. 

Its good to be able to post again without having to open another browser. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving wrote:

VICTORY!!!  THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED!!!  

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving wrote:

VICTORY!!!  THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED!!!  

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I am on

Brian37 wrote:

I am on firefox, when I revived this compmuter I knocked it back to the original XP, tried downloading chrome, but it did not like this website so I went back to firefox.

Sorry I didn't check the site when you were in the mood to rip somone's head off, I would have been happy to obloge. But Champagnie? I agree with Beyond, pussy. Ouzo or Bacardi 151 or even Saki.

I believe that's Sake.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, i felt kinda rough the

yeah, i felt kinda rough the next day. luckily i had been drinking brut, which is on the low end of the sugar spectrum, so going to work was bearable.

bourbon is so damn pure anyway that as long as you match each glass with a glass of water and don't mix it with other alcohol, you can get ripped on it and still be right as rain the next morning. i get so irritated when people say you should stick to vodka because "it's clear" and you'll never get a hangover. bull fucking shit, vodka has given me some of the worst hangovers of my life. anybody who thinks whiskey will fuck you up worse than vodka doesn't know how to fucking drink whiskey. most vodka is at least partially from potatoes, which have a higher sugar content than any of the grains in whiskey, and as you said, it's the sugar that gets you. that's also why i don't recommend getting blasted on rum (but it sure is hard to resist).

--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Brian37 wrote:I

Kapkao wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I believe that's Sake.

it is indeed. saki was an english short story writer. but i wouldn't bother pointing that out to brian. he's emphatically stated several times that he's not interested in spelling things correctly.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fucking brilliant

I can post in Chrome again.

It says something about my institutionalised boarding school nature that switching between IE and Chrome during this period of trial was almost too much for me. 

In the meantime, I've been arguing a bit with my sister's husband's son, who is also a preacher's kid, on Facebook. Having drunk the Kool stuff, he's a fundamentalist evangelical christian. 

You can all imagine how it's been going. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: I

Atheistextremist wrote:

I can post in Chrome again.

It says something about my institutionalised boarding school nature that switching between IE and Chrome during this period of trial was almost too much for me. 

In the meantime, I've been arguing a bit with my sister's husband's son, who is also a preacher's kid, on Facebook. Having drunk the Kool stuff, he's a fundamentalist evangelical christian. 

You can all imagine how it's been going. 

Hopefully now that Chrome is back up and running, plenty of people will come back. It might not be a bad idea for the admins to send out PM's to everyone to let them know this.  I too, was tired of having to go back and forth between FireFox and Chrome. 

― Giordano Bruno