atheist
User is offlineOffline
Is this model really "plus sized"?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have a niece who is a

I have a niece who is a model, she works the foreign stuff, like in Japan, S. America, Europe. She is currently in the US working for Holister/Abercrombie Fitch. They have this thing where you have a space in between your legs, right where your crotch is... then you are the perfect proportion. If you have skin touching then you are over weight.

lol.

Every time I see her I think, "she is a good looking girl... very exotic, very sexy, yet, she's shallow and self centered and would have a very difficult time hanging around a person like that or even marrying them..."

Looks only carry a relationship so far.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
She is 6 foot 2 and over 170

She is 6 foot 2 and over 170 pounds, so yeah, that is plus sized for a female.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:They

digitalbeachbum wrote:
They have this thing where you have a space in between your legs, right where your crotch is... then you are the perfect proportion.

oh christ, really? i know a girl who's hot as hell (physically, anyhow...alas, she has no personality). she's always rocking her considerable cleavage but, yeah, she has this noticeable crotch space. the tops of her hips are like 2 inches apart, and honestly, i can't get past it. it just looks weird to me.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
We dont live in an enlightened society ..

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I have a niece who is a model, she works the foreign stuff, like in Japan, S. America, Europe. She is currently in the US working for Holister/Abercrombie Fitch. They have this thing where you have a space in between your legs, right where your crotch is... then you are the perfect proportion. If you have skin touching then you are over weight.

lol.

Every time I see her I think, "she is a good looking girl... very exotic, very sexy, yet, she's shallow and self centered and would have a very difficult time hanging around a person like that or even marrying them..."

Digitalbeachbum is right on his point about "looks only carry a relationship so far". . Some of the best traits/qualities are often overlooked especially with the failure to meet our collective obligation to honor the things that really count.  From what I've seen in my observing, we don't live in a very enlightened society. The things we should honor most are not honored at all nor the hidden person of the heart, with those imperishable qualities (internals). Being safe.

Although I never watched many but I sometimes crack-up if I ever think of those  beauty pageant contestants  canned  speeches about : the Alleviation of human affliction, wishing for world peace, and alleviating world hunger and phasing out the fur-industry coming from these vapid nothings, making by solely on whatever their particular set of genetics (e.g --"looks" G-d gave them) were!

---  --  ---

Boring is safe; boring is good!  ¬ Ron Stoppable

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:digitalbeachbum

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:
They have this thing where you have a space in between your legs, right where your crotch is... then you are the perfect proportion.

oh christ, really? i know a girl who's hot as hell (physically, anyhow...alas, she has no personality). she's always rocking her considerable cleavage but, yeah, she has this noticeable crotch space. the tops of her hips are like 2 inches apart, and honestly, i can't get past it. it just looks weird to me.

I believe it is called being "The Gap" in their circles.

I really dislike that attitude I hear from these "model" types, just like my niece, who was influenced by people constantly telling her that she looked beautiful and that she was perfect. Don't get me wrong. She is very pretty, but she has a bit of an attitude outside of the family. Meaning, when she came to visit during xmas she was really friendly and all that stuff, but when she lost the bid to represent her country for the Miss Universe contest she went off and got all pissy. She posted nasty twitter and facebook stuff about the girl that won. She also said the contest was a joke and that it was all political, that the judges were paid off.

I believe that Zoolander really hit home on the fashion industry. It's all about how you make the consumer feel when they are making a purchase. Models, like my niece, make people go in to a specific state of mind. They think, wow she looks amazing in this dress. So you purchase it but you never look like they do.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

lol.

Digitalbeachbum is right on his point about "looks only carry a relationship so far". . Some of the best traits/qualities are often overlooked especially with the failure to meet our collective obligation to honor the things that really count.  From what I've seen in my observing, we don't live in a very enlightened society. The things we should honor most are not honored at all nor the hidden person of the heart, with those imperishable qualities (internals). Being safe.

Although I never watched many but I sometimes crack-up if I ever think of those  beauty pageant contestants  canned  speeches about : the Alleviation of human affliction, wishing for world peace, and alleviating world hunger and phasing out the fur-industry coming from these vapid nothings, making by solely on whatever their particular set of genetics (e.g --"looks" G-d gave them) were!

---  --  ---

Boring is safe; boring is good!  ¬ Ron Stoppable

I still believe that the better woman is one who is larger but still healthy. Can put some heat out when I'm in bed with her. Can handle more than a little sex and can dish out as much as I can; and also be better at bearing children. A woman doesn't have to be one who stays at home and cooks dinner. I'm all against that label. Women can bear children, then when the time is right, go off and do what ever they want to do for work. Heck, I'd be happier staying home with the kids rather than go back to the corporate world.

The fashion industry does what it does to sell products. As I mentioned in the previous post, Zoolander really hit home about the bullshit of the process. I think also, in some sense, The Devil wears Prada also hit on the subject.

It's corrupt just like so many other profit making machines. No person would dare buy some of the shit they put out unless they made the consumer feel cood about their purchase. Putting models with gaps in between their legs and no body fat, along with asymetrical eyes and noses all puts people in to a specific state of mind.

I told my wife that, while I think my niece is pretty, her eyes are crooked and her nose is slightly to one side.

My wife replied that they, the photographers love that look because when you are taking pictures you don't want people to have perfectly level eyes or a straight nose. It doesn't work for the camera.

Have you seen the "with out make up pictures" before? Holy shit batman! Some of these people are totally not as hot as we think they are; with out make up these models have lines and acne. Some of them are fat or have pot bellies from too much partying or having kids. Then the photoshop wizards come in and make their changes.