Greets

Gotrek66
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Greets

Greets from a new member in Oz.

What to say about myself? 46 years old life long athiest.

Married to an Adventist (after the marriage) and wandering what went wrong.

"An island of common sense surrounded by an ocean of blind lunacy."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome! Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gotrek66 wrote:  Greets

Gotrek66 wrote:

Greets from a new member in Oz.

What to say about myself? 46 years old life long athiest.

You've found a great website. Brian Sapient was one of the early online pioneers sticking his neck out on behalf of atheists. He spawned this website off a prior website Infidel Guy (now defunct). Brian went on to create this website and debated Ray Comfort on ABC's Night Line.

He provides a voice to a very diverse population of atheists. Lots of bright minds here, even if not all in agreement on every issue.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Her conversion was after the marriage had taken place ?

Gotrek66  Hey there.   Welcome to the site

Gotrek66 wrote:

Her conversion was after the marriage had taken place ? This was after your wife's conversion ?  The New Testament, it's made  plain and crystal clear, that as believers, no-one   is allowed to marry a true 'unbeliever'.

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?  What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?   What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,
    "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them,  and I will be their God,
        and they shall be my people."  2 Cor. 6:14-16 (ESV)

--   --   --

Isaiah 40:31

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums.

Gotrek66
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Cheers for the welcome. @danatemporary, She converted 4 years after we were married. If I knew then the trouble it would cause, I would have been off quick smart. However my fault we have 4 children so I stay and put up with it for their sakes only. Also to give the eldest other views besides what their church says.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gotrek66 wrote: Cheers for

Gotrek66 wrote:

Cheers for the welcome. @danatemporary, She converted 4 years after we were married. If I knew then the trouble it would cause, I would have been off quick smart. However my fault we have 4 children so I stay and put up with it for their sakes only. Also to give the eldest other views besides what their church says.

I didn't know you could convert to 7th day? Isn't that like saying you converted from matter to energy and say you are still human?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Howdy !