Tweets about Africa costs CEO job

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tweets about Africa costs CEO job

Truth to be told, I have heard much worse things than this said all of the time, both from white and black people. The corporation's response to me, is merely an excuse to try and save their own asses over the dumb and tasteless remarks of a moronic CEO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25484537

PR officer loses job over racist twitter comment

A US public relations executive has lost her job with the media company IAC, after tweeting a racist message about Aids in Africa.

Justine Sacco provoked an internet storm when she tweeted: "Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding. I'm white."

IAC said the company and Ms Sacco had now parted ways.

Ms Sacco has yet to publicly comment on the issue, but her Twitter account has been deleted.

In a statement, IAC said: "The offensive comment does not reflect the views and values of IAC. We take this issue very seriously, and we have parted ways with the employee in question."

It said there was "no excuse for the hateful statements that have been made".

But the company added that it hoped "time and action, and the forgiving human spirit, will not result in the wholesale condemnation of an individual who we have otherwise known to be a decent person at core."

IAC is the parent company of Match.com, The Daily Beast, Dictionary.com and BlackPeopleMeet.com, a dating site for African-Americans.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since I can not edit an original post

Since I can not edit the original post, I had forgotten to include in the sentence that any CEO to do something as dumbass as that, needs to be fired for stupidity.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
How fucking stupid. She

How fucking stupid. She seems to be in league with a lot of other people in power who are the wrong people to be in a place of command or power.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
she's a privileged white

she's a privileged white chick who grew up in south africa. on the racism scale, that's at least two notches higher than a 70 year-old mississippi redneck. no surprises here.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson