A better way to view atheists.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
A better way to view atheists.

Another fallacious myth about atheists theists think is that we speak in terms of absolutes, which is patently false. To understand why this is false, all the believer has to do is think about all the claims of others outside their own claim, and the rightful rejection of those claims. We don't have to think much about rejecting the claim that the sun is a god. The atheist simply discards prior data when it is known to be false.

How much time does the believe take when thinking about Thor making lightening? How much time does the believer think about Apollo being a real god? Discarding bad claims does not make us arrogant, anymore than saying the earth is not flat makes one arrogant.

The reality is that atheists are open minded, when proven data comes in we adapt. What we don't do is cling to something merely because we like it. It is merely being intellectually honest, like being a reff in the NFL watching a replay "This is what happened, and this is the call".

Not liking our message does not make us evil, anymore than finding out Santa is not real will cause doomsday. It just means your knowledge and intellect has matured.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Arrassede
User is offlineOffline
each 2008 deeper, one luxury in for are rare, greed,

doudoune parajumpers "It was my error," referee Bruce Hermansen said in a statement after the Cardinals won 20 16. "We gave them (Seattle) the additional timeout because of the incomplete pass stopping the clock before the injury occurred. When in effect, the clock has no bearing on the play at all, whether it's stopped or running, we should not have given them the additional timeout.".
jordan pas cher Hadn had a really good punt return all year, said Blake coach Tony Nazzaro, when asked if he was hoping for a big special teams play. You always think that [it could happen]. Return with 7 minutes and 51 seconds left sealed the third straight victory for the Bengals (7 3) and capped the best season in the program relatively short history.
ugg boots DosageBecause lecithin and other dietary supplements do not need FDA approval, there is no defined recommended daily amount. In addition, different brands of supplements may vary in content, purity and strength, which makes safe and effective dosing inconsistent. Talk to your doctor about the amount of lecithin required for your condition.
Hollister Roping a steer with a simple loop is a lot like throwing a strike in baseball. The differences are that in roping, the pitching mound gallops and home plate has a tendency toward broken field running. Roping a steer with a figure eight loop is only slightly more complicated just imagine pitching a strike from the saddle while conducting "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" with the same hand..
spaccio moncler Law school students completing the Juris Doctor degree online at California School of Law begin their studies with a four week course in legal methods. The legal methods course focuses on study skills and exam writing, as well as how to brief cases. Legal methods is a required course for which no tuition is charged.

Hollister experience chain stores across the nation and so China websites. These professionals as we speak mail harvested products and solutions for complimentary and also the cost are quite helpful. Highly well known one of the many students, the logo can present various first rate exceptionally high quality of items. Hollister The suspect was critically injured as he was not wearing a bullet proof vest. The two officers were taken to George Washington University Hospital for treatment and were released few hours later. He praised Officers Jeffrey Amos and Marvin Carraway for acting "quickly and decisively to neutralize him as a threat" without hurting anyone else. hollister There needn't be any reference to real people at all; The Pillars of the Earth creates an entire community of entirely believable fictional characters from a devious Bishop to an honourable builder. Indeed, so popular were the characters that Ken Follett wrote a sequel following the fortunes of the characters' descendants, World Without End. The first book has already been made into a mini series whilst the second will be aired this year (2012). http://www.iampm.fr/louboutin-2013/ Hollister is headquartered in New Albany, Ohio and is part of which also owns abercrombie kids and Gilly Hicks. The company reported first quarter net sales of $838.8 million, which is down 9 percent from last year and an 18 percent decrease in total sales for its Hollister brand. The Briarwood store was one of 15 in the state.. http://www.oxalium.fr/air-jordan-enfant/ Davidson graduated from Hixson High School in Chattanooga in 1972 and Jacksonville State University in 1977. He received his masters from JSU in 1980.ARTHUR DAVIS: Davis attended Alabama State University High School and ASU. He then spent three years in the NFL with the Chicago Bears as a starting tackle.

hollister pas cher Look for pictures of guys with faces shaped like yours and look at how they where their hair. If you like it on them, give that style a try. Be open minded; don't be afraid to experiment. You watch any form of racing on TV, whether it open wheel or stock cars, anything or even motorcycle racing on the super cross, if the guy gets a good start then it hard to catch him, McMurray said. Position is always going to be important. A larger rear spoiler and different sized wickers small, flat tabs typically aligned at right angles on the roof will be among the ideas tested at Charlotte..
piumini moncler donna Beginning your new look we will start from the top and work our way down. The Hipster style calls for V necks, which complement the biologically attractive "V" shape of a man's body, and tank tops. Going into more detail, the V necks should not be graphic tees! That is a huge mistake when buying shirts in general much less for this style.
jordan pas cher Following the line of the Roman road, they crossed the ford over the Bannockburn towards King Robert's division at the opening of the New Park.There now occurred one of the most memorable episodes in Scottish history. Henry de Bohun, nephew of the Earl of Hereford, was riding ahead of his companions when he caught sight of the Scottish king riding at some distance away from his troops. De Bohun, no doubt hoping to win the day and personal glory by promptly dispatching Bruce, lowered his lance and launched a fatal charge.

Christian Louboutin Bottines
Moncler outlet
outlet moncler
air jordan femme
air jordan pas cher

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The reality is

Brian37 wrote:

The reality is that atheists are open minded, when proven data comes in we adapt. What we don't do is cling to something merely because we like it. It is merely being intellectually honest, like being a reff in the NFL watching a replay "This is what happened, and this is the call".

Some are, others not so much.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
exactly. i've founded that

exactly. i've founded that open-mindedness exists in the atheist community to about the same extent it exists in the theist community. to me, open-mindedness means being able to judge a phenomenon based on its merits and on its merits alone. that requires a lot of serious, often tiring, thought. people with that much stamina are rare.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: to me,

iwbiek wrote:
to me, open-mindedness means being able to judge a phenomenon based on its merits and on its merits alone. that requires a lot of serious, often tiring, thought. people with that much stamina are rare.

So THAT explains my lack of friends...