Thanks and an Apology

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks and an Apology

People who remember me (used to have a pony for an avatar, might've been memorable?), may notice that I have not been active in sometime, whereas previously I had been very much so.

First off, I would like to apologize to anyone I had an active debate or discussion with when I dropped off the face of this forum.

I'm not sure why I stopped posting, but it probably has something to do with the fact that this forum persuaded me out of my squishy theisty status-quo and into embracing reason and evidence. When I first became an atheist, it seemed like the most interesting and important thing to me, and I guess my interest was somewhat unstable.

I think I have developed a more stable constant interest in atheism and and against religion that I might maintain, if only I can avoid biting off more than I can chew.

I would like to say thanks to the people in this forum who played a role in starting my change to atheism, essentially getting the ball rolling. Since this is important to me, and I still desire intelligible discussion which, needless to say, I do not always get from my peers, I'd like to sort of reintroduce myself to this forum.

I guess all I wanted to say is that I appreciate this forum and it has been bothering me that I haven't returned in so long. (Long indeed, member for over a year, wow!)

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yes I remember! Welcome

Yes I remember! Welcome back. Don't feel bad though, pretty much all the regulars have taken an extended break at one point or another. Life happens and sometimes it has the audacity to occur offline. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the re-welcome,

Thanks for the re-welcome, and don't worry, I do not feel 'bad' so much, just realizing I was probably missing out on interesting discussion for no good reason.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome

And well come. I have also taken breaks, so you are not alone. Browse around and jump back in where you feel so inclined.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome back and thanks

Welcome back and thanks for giving this forum some credit for helping you come to important conclusions.

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Welcome back

Sapient wrote:

Welcome back and thanks for giving this forum some credit for helping you come to important conclusions.

Well I have this forum to thank for starting my deconversion, and I have always thought credit should be given where it is due.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can't say as I remember you

Can't say as I remember you but welcome back.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Can't say as I

Brian37 wrote:

Can't say as I remember you but welcome back.

I have had a bit of an image change, and we actually didn't really debate each other at all. Regardless, thanks.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back TJ

Was you a brony in your past life?

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Was

Atheistextremist wrote:
Was you a brony in your past life?

lol. Still am technically, but since it hardly forms an important facet of my character I decided it surely wasn't necessary to be all up in people's face about it.

Besides, I felt like taking this forum a little more seriously than that.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I remember you. Don't

I remember you. Don't remember the avatar but I remember you. lol. WB.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.