Putting Signs on Your Door

Bahana
atheist
Bahana's picture
User is offlineOffline
Putting Signs on Your Door

Every now and then I have religious folk come to my door to give me a piece of paper or invite me to church.  Since I live in a low income area, I'm very careful who I open my door to. I usually say, "Who is it?", and they ask if they can leave their paper by the door. I wonder if I should just have a sign that says "No Religion Salesmen" or something along those lines.  I don't know if that may cause my place to be targeted by an irrational religious person. How many of you have a sign like that?  Was it beneficial?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't need a sign...

I just let my dogs out in the yard when I see them in my neighborhood. I don't live in a high class area, but it is a very out of the way part of town. So strangers are obvious.

I have seen the "No Solicitors" sign at people's houses and apartments, which I believe applies to religious soliciting as well. And it is generic enough to not piss off someone who might get on about discrimination.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:I just let my dogs

cj wrote:

I just let my dogs out in the yard when I see them in my neighborhood. I don't live in a high class area, but it is a very out of the way part of town. So strangers are obvious.

I have seen the "No Solicitors" sign at people's houses and apartments, which I believe applies to religious soliciting as well. And it is generic enough to not piss off someone who might get on about discrimination.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've been looking for a

I've been looking for a really nice sign which I could put at the walkway near the garage.

It would read:

No soliciting of any kind is allowed on this property. Please go away and bother some one else.