Quebec train disaster linked to corporate profiteering, surprise surprise

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quebec train disaster linked to corporate profiteering, surprise surprise

"Burkhardt sold Wisconsin Central to CN for $1.2 billion in 2001 and began accumulating other smaller rail companies around the world under his Chicago-based Rail World Inc., “specializing in privatizations and restructuring” according to its website.
When he took over the Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway in 2003, he cut employee wages by 40 per cent according to a company history in the Bangor Daily News.
There were more layoffs and cuts in expenditures in 2006 and again in 2008.
The company also announced plans “to improve safety and efficiency” by cutting its locomotive crews in half, replacing two workers a single employee."

I hope someone kills this asshole ceo. And gets away with it the same way the asshole has gotten away with criminal negligence for a good 15 years.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/07/11/lac_megantic_railways_history_of_costcutting.html

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"Burkhardt sold

Vastet wrote:
"Burkhardt sold Wisconsin Central to CN for $1.2 billion in 2001 and began accumulating other smaller rail companies around the world under his Chicago-based Rail World Inc., “specializing in privatizations and restructuring” according to its website. When he took over the Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway in 2003, he cut employee wages by 40 per cent according to a company history in the Bangor Daily News. There were more layoffs and cuts in expenditures in 2006 and again in 2008. The company also announced plans “to improve safety and efficiency” by cutting its locomotive crews in half, replacing two workers a single employee." I hope someone kills this asshole ceo. And gets away with it the same way the asshole has gotten away with criminal negligence for a good 15 years. http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/07/11/lac_megantic_railways_history_of_costcutting.html

This is what happens when you say "fuck regulation" and cry for "cheap labor".

This is what global industry in general is going for. No regulation, no safety and slave labor. It is a race to the bottom.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)