Egyptian kid on monopolies of power and theocracies.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Egyptian kid on monopolies of power and theocracies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QeDm2PrNV1I

Fucking awesome, Arab world getting more Jefferson's and Paines. Just what the doctor ordered. Smart kid.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I have little to no hope

I have little to no hope that Egypt is going to turn out well. 

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brilliant

Thanks for posting, Brian. A bit of hope for mankind. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I have

Beyond Saving wrote:

I have little to no hope that Egypt is going to turn out well. 

Ultimately our entire species is fucked up. But I don't see it that way. I think it is going to be much harder for fascism to stick and stay in our global media.

Now look at where America was before the founders, and even what they went through after the constitution. And to say Egypt cant progress , look at our own theocrats here trying to turn the clock back on women's rights and voter rights.

I think there is always potential. I think while nothing is certain, we should encourage kids like this no matter where they live. Change for the better is always possible, even if not certain.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The entire Middle East is

The entire Middle East is just as traumatised as America. Probably moreso. And Africa too.
It'll be centuries, if ever, before everyone can really calm down I think.
The truly sad thing is that everyone could get over it in a generation if only the current generation could give it a rest. But no, the trauma is passed from generation to generation. The memories are never allowed to rest. And so it will go on.

At least the military took that religious fucknut out of power.
If only the Canadian military had the balls to do the same thing here 5 or more years ago.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.