Az lawmaker's panties in a bunch over atheist invocation.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Az lawmaker's panties in a bunch over atheist invocation.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Humor in the playing to the crowd, . .

Bri-Brian37 wrote:
BOO FUCKING HOO

Yeah, I have to agree with that!   Knickers knotting, as much, if he was invoking  say some other deity ?!

Yeah. This guy's actual remarks werent disrespectful. Was there a unwritten rule of tradition or something in this ?   

This reminds me, I have a shirt¬tail relation of mine, (don't claim him) true story, who was once asked to say grace at the table of his sister-in-laws' house.  He was to have said, I quote:  "Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub; thanks for the grub, Yay, god'"  As a result, he was never  asked to again (true story).

p.s.  -- Hi Wen Smiling

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
> For Queen and Country (See: Image)

re:: For Queen and Country

p.s. -- Do not judge too harshly. Oh Yes, That still small voice said dont dare post it; but  I am weak when it comes to resisting the humor :¬   Hail Britannia, Britannia Rules the waves! Britons never never never shall be slaves!  Smiling

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who the fuck does he think

You don't get to monopolize a venue. If you offer a public ceremony which is not public business and is simply superfluous then it is not required. If praying is not required for the atheist then it isn't required at all. If it is going to be open to prayer, then the ceremony must be open to all to do some sort of superfluous "opening" as well, otherwise skip the crap and get to business.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog