Another ABBA thread for your tourture.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another ABBA thread for your tourture.

Most of you don't care, but I do.

Facebook based Waterloo Radio provides a 24/7 feed of all ABBA music. For me, sadly it has announced that it will be ending it's feed on Monday.  Now while true it wont end the ABBA's music in the rest of the world, I like it because all I have to do is click on listen and just listen.

Plus to me it is also like an audio museum and part of my past I truly love. It is a great concept but I think technology makes upstart ventures like this hard with all the media competition and other sources of ABBA sales of mp3s/albums and such.

If I had the money to help the guy who owns it promote it to a big enough scale I would. ABBA has been a very deep part of my life most of it not even realizing how special their music is to me until now.

In the short time it has been on, I have grown used to turning on while posting or keeping it on when I go to sleep. I will miss it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
x

I know about the museum but scared shitless of flying so unless I can get a cruise ship over there and even then, it would be a long time.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Oh well

Brian37 wrote:

I know about the museum but scared shitless of flying so unless I can get a cruise ship over there and even then, it would be a long time.

Yeah, cruise ships are expensive.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
ditto Brian 37

Brian37 wrote:

I fly to Guyana 4 to  5 times a year [there right now] plus other places [London in March etc.], scared shitless to fly each time also drunk on wine, really drunk. I stagger onto the plane, I rarely say two words when I'm drinking and the Carribean aircrew is use to me after so meny years. If I'm still awake when the inflight bar opens I'll have more,  then sleep [passed out] for 90% of the flight and ga ga for the other ten percent.  It works for me.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It appears since they

It appears since they announced the end a week or so ago, the response was so great they decided to continue.

ABBA LIVES AND WATERLOO RADIO IS STILL ON THE AIR!

https://www.facebook.com/waterlooradio?fref=tshttps://www.facebook.com/waterlooradio?fref=ts