Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Power of Pulchritude

punch

Reproduced under Creative Commons

http://www.jesusandmo.net/2013/03/27/punch/

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
One of these things is not like the otherS . .

One of these things is not like the others ..

This is come clean time on some statements I made about NDE straight to Hell (See :: Image)

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
What's the connection?

What's the connection?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:What's

digitalbeachbum wrote:

What's the connection?

are you seriously asking dana that?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:are you

iwbiek wrote:

are you seriously asking dana that?

Laughing out loud

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is the Fun Thread . . . .

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/33613?page=8

Possible options . . .

Nu 2 , 3 , 4
This is good testimony I am wading through too many blogs, or may be wading through too many blogs, because my posts are starting to sound more and more like I am blogging myself.

Guesses if I WEREN'T Dana . .

Under Heading of Art/Fun/Entertainment
(strong possibility given the OP placed a religiously based 'joke' because he felt things were slowing down)

Didnt know where to stick this so opt for the Entertainment/Humor/Joke Thread that had no traffic for days, and no takers for days.
(this is less likely but it was so late so, you never know).

Didnt want to start a thread about NDE, especially because of the type of comment I was making.
(this reason may-be lost even on myself or I really have to stop reading Blogs exclusively).

Whatever you think .. think FUN Smiling NDE on YOUTUBE, if you're selective, can be fun to be had. Direct tie-in to content of OP's fun, only reminds me of what is known as "modest-wear", it comes in many colors.

Three choices .. what's it going to be ???

(tehe)

Digitialbeachbum. I think the NDE may be a way to crack the conundrum of how to get a believer, who believes, to at least momentarily suspend belief and answer a question. I am being serious at this point when I suggest this as an avenue. Obviously You'd have to hold back alittle in this approach. It would be interesting, I do think.

p.s. -- Nu 2 Closest thing to an ANSWER: It was something I wanted to ask of Caposkia, led to scoping out the NDE Video testimonials on YouTube, once again. Which I found of benefit. This time no tie-in.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wrote a poem about the word

Wrote a poem about the word "Pulchritude" Check it out in my poetry thread here.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You fuckers actually made me

You fuckers actually made me look up a word.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had to check it too

I plan to use it in a sentence sometime soon. It's not an attractive sounding word either, so I don't expect a good reaction. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Only a face a mother could love (tehe)

Atheistextremist wrote:

I plan to use it in a sentence sometime soon. It's not an attractive sounding word either, so I don't expect a good reaction. 

Nu 8
Has anyone noticed the 'ironic' use of the term, that you made use of yet or yet ? You know, there is a bible verse that speaks of inner beauty and not so much the outward adornments and putting on dresses : "Mo" (I am trying to brake the habit a bit w/ all the quoting).

p.s. - If you must know URL -- http://bible.cc/1_peter/3-3.htm

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject)

(No Subject)

Photo Image Misc :

Elf language (Tolkien) the word : veil is fana & veiled is halda

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject)

(No Subject)

Photo Image Misc :

Elf language (Tolkien) the word : veil is fana & veiled is halda

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
. . it may not be safe to die (hahahaha) . . .

re:: . . it may not be safe to die (hahahaha).

I havent found a pure position by Bible believers. I did ignore all the joy everlasting and was exclusively watching only Hellish claims, very exclusively. Most have a position that mightily approves of NDEs. While some jump ship, where you find they are not the perfect expression of their faith they would hope for as biblicists. Although, you'll usually find a bunch of Amens! and cheers go out in approval Of the NDE accounts of the died and went to Hell type NDE. Even when this is so easily refuted. Enough details fit generally for them to be wholly on-board, I take it. To be fair, one christian group went so far as to rightly point out the "too many huge 'discrepancies'" surrounding NDE, Havent anything further but the link though..http://www.tentmaker.org/FAQ/NDE-hell.htm

Now Kevin Williams who runs an Atheist website, (did an investigation), quotes P.M.H. Atwater's analysis, who wrote five books on the subject but she herself is heavy into the occult, however. Doing the numbers, he suggest from his sampling, non-religious NDErs are "getting what they expect", as he puts it. This is a clear departure to all the videos I've viewed, only because I didnt bother with the more positive experiences.

At the risk of soundng silly, there's a minority which honestly are excruciatingly obnoxious and almost painful to view. Most you can Embrace! Lyrics :: I just can't get enough; I just can't get enough . . I wouldnt want to have any other way . . please help me out. I wouldnt want have it any other way . . please help me. Is there a switch off ? Switch off .. Switch off . . I cant erase out of my memory!! This much clean fun should be criminalized for the safety of the children anyway (w/ Hellish accounts). Apparently, the FALSE Hell realm is still being inhabited to this very day :¬ You really cannot buy statements like this (See: Image for Quote)

Quintuple down on your Faustian bargain. Or just plain 'FUN' & hilariously amusing. Your call.

I saw what you did there (I JÑ 2:23b, phew)

Nu 1         Recently loving it, for the most part, and thoroughly not to shy away!

I love the part where he says (and I quote):  ". . to the conclusion it may not be safe to die"  

How else account for it ? With that, a famous scene from Dr. StrangeLove. Worries? Handle on it,. Besides, It's all going to (literal) Hell, one way or another See : Clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

Then you MUST See: Clip www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG91awpZ8H0 Light the candle every-thing is alright.

p.s. -- On an entirely serious note: Does the NDE (Near Death experiences) substantiate or refute a Hell? Btw, Fin.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Spunks ejected

I'm not too sure how accurate this report is, but I like it anyway.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/lifes-tough-when-youre-a-handsome-devil-20130423-2icn4.html

Now being too handsome for your own good has, bizarrely, become a human rights issue in Saudi Arabia. This week, three men visiting from the United Arab Emirates were forcibly removed from an annual culture festival in the kingdom and deported from the country because they were deemed simply irresistible. According to the Arabic language newspaper Elaph, ''the three Emiratis were taken out on the grounds they are too handsome and that the Commission [for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices] members feared female visitors could fall for them''.

Peggotty
atheist
Peggotty's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:I'm not too sure how

x wrote:

I'm not too sure how accurate this report is, but I like it anyway.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/lifes-tough-when-youre-a-handsome-devil-20130423-2icn4.html 

Now being too handsome for your own good has, bizarrely, become a human rights issue in Saudi Arabia. This week, three men visiting from the United Arab Emirates were forcibly removed from an annual culture festival in the kingdom and deported from the country because they were deemed simply irresistible. According to the Arabic language newspaper Elaph, ''the three Emiratis were taken out on the grounds they are too handsome and that the Commission [for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices] members feared female visitors could fall for them''.

In Saudi Arabia the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (religious police - established in 1940) announced yesterday that they will make the appearance of 'tempting eyes' in public a crime for women [We have the right to do so].  They aleady ban any other part of women being visible in public from hair down to toes.  What are 'tempting' eyes?  One journalist stated 'if they are beautiful the woman will be in trouble.'

Oh, but Peggotty, you haven't given Mr. Barkis his proper answer, you know.
Charles Dickens

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Ugly or invisible = good

Peggotty wrote:

In Saudi Arabia the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (religious police - established in 1940) announced yesterday that they will make the appearance of 'tempting eyes' in public a crime for women [We have the right to do so].  They aleady ban any other part of women being visible in public from hair down to toes.  What are 'tempting' eyes?  One journalist stated 'if they are beautiful the woman will be in trouble.'

The tempting eyes story seems to come from 2011 when a POVATPOV/Haia cop got the horn after being sucked into a cauldron of lust by a glimpse of eye. The husband/owner of the owner of the offensive eyes took offence at this cop lust and got stabbed then punished as a result. Curiously, there is no mention of the wife's punishment.

There doesn't seem to be a need for a tempting eyes law as the justice is seemingly arbitrary.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/8/26819/World/Region/Saudi-vice-committee-to-force-cover-women-with-tem.aspx

says:

A strict translation of the authority’s name from Arabic would be the Committee for the Ordering (not promotion) of Virtue.

In 2010, Saudi citizen Atallah Al-Rashidi clashed with a Haia member in Ha’il when the Haia member insisted Al-Rashidi’s wife cover her eyes. The scuffle ended with the policeman stabbing Al-Rashidi twice, leading to his hospitalisation.

The case was taken to court and after five months the Haia member was declared innocent and Atallah sentenced to nine months in jail and 350 lashes for “arrogance”.

It is not clear if any standards will be established to separate tempting or provocative eyes from normal ones, nor whether the decree will be implemented on a national level or in Ha’il alone.

Peggotty
atheist
Peggotty's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:Peggotty wrote:In

x wrote:

Peggotty wrote:

The tempting eyes story seems to come from 2011 when a POVATPOV/Haia cop got the horn after being sucked into a cauldron of lust by a glimpse of eye. The husband/owner of the owner of the offensive eyes took offence at this cop lust and got stabbed then punished as a result. Curiously, there is no mention of the wife's punishment.

There doesn't seem to be a need for a tempting eyes law as the justice is seemingly arbitrary.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/8/26819/World/Region/Saudi-vice-committee-to-force-cover-women-with-tem.aspx

says:

A strict translation of the authority’s name from Arabic would be the Committee for the Ordering (not promotion) of Virtue.

In 2010, Saudi citizen Atallah Al-Rashidi clashed with a Haia member in Ha’il when the Haia member insisted Al-Rashidi’s wife cover her eyes. The scuffle ended with the policeman stabbing Al-Rashidi twice, leading to his hospitalisation.

The case was taken to court and after five months the Haia member was declared innocent and Atallah sentenced to nine months in jail and 350 lashes for “arrogance”.

It is not clear if any standards will be established to separate tempting or provocative eyes from normal ones, nor whether the decree will be implemented on a national level or in Ha’il alone.

The religious police probably don't have a lot of choice in preventing women from being 'tempting' in public in order to be consistent and coherent in implementing their religious standards. Why not include the eyes if the main reason is to stop women from 'tempting' men in public.

Given that the Saudi royal family gives a massive amount of political and financial support to the government, unless they object the new rules will be imposed on women.

"And if two parties from the believers fight amongst themselves, then make peace between the two.  And if one of the two parties rebels against the other, then FIGHT the party that is rebellious until the order of Allah does come to pass.." [Quran 49.9].

Therefore sanction is given to fight rebellious Muslims in order to establish Shariah.

Charles Dickens

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
You know it makes sense

Peggotty wrote:

The religious police probably don't have a lot of choice in preventing women from being 'tempting' in public in order to be consistent and coherent in implementing their religious standards. Why not include the eyes if the main reason is to stop women from 'tempting' men in public.

Given that the Saudi royal family gives a massive amount of political and financial support to the government, unless they object the new rules will be imposed on women.

"And if two parties from the believers fight amongst themselves, then make peace between the two.  And if one of the two parties rebels against the other, then FIGHT the party that is rebellious until the order of Allah does come to pass.." [Quran 49.9].

Therefore sanction is given to fight rebellious Muslims in order to establish Shariah.

The interpretation of Shariah used in Saudi Arabia does seem to outlaw temptation, so eyes are fair game. It should be possible to solve this with modern technology. If the women were inside larger opaque mobile enclosures, they could navigate by using cameras linked to screens.

Isn't the Saudi Arabian monarchy the more powerful part of the government? They have to follow the constitution, which is the Quran interpreted by the Ulema though.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
let's also not forget that

let's also not forget that saudi islamic judiciary is almose always at the extreme end of the spectrum, since that's where the wahhabis hold power (the only country where they do, if i'm not mistaken).  wahhabism is almost universally condemned by the rest of the muslim world, including iran.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can't imagine ever wanting

I can't imagine ever wanting to go to such a place, let alone live there. And to be female? Almost might as well kill yourself quickly and painlessly before you get raped then stoned or lashed for being raped, and then killed by your own family for being raped and no longer marketable.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Peggotty
atheist
Peggotty's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:Isn't the Saudi

x wrote:
Isn't the Saudi Arabian monarchy the more powerful part of the government?

The religious institution in Saudi Arabia is paid and hired and chosen by the government and there is no separation between the Salafi (Wahhabi) institution and the Saudi government.

x wrote:
They have to follow the constitution, which is the Quran interpreted by the Ulema though.

The religious curriculum is taught by Salafi Saudis only, not Shi’a or Sunni muslims and relies on a different type of hadith collections.

iwbiek wrote:
let's also not forget that saudi islamic judiciary is almose always at the extreme end of the spectrum, since that's where the wahhabis hold power (the only country where they do, if i'm not mistaken).  wahhabism is almost universally condemned by the rest of the muslim world, including iran.

The Gulf States that support opposition forces led by Saudi Arabia and Qatar struggle with their own local and regional pressures. The Wahhabis in Saudi are definintely a fundamentalist sect although they see themselves as a religious renewal movement!

Vastet wrote:
I can't imagine ever wanting to go to such a place, let alone live there. And to be female? Almost might as well kill yourself quickly and painlessly before you get raped then stoned or lashed for being raped, and then killed by your own family for being raped and no longer marketable.

I’ve got a personal interest in that area because my sister is moving to Qatar (shares its land border with Saudi Arabia)  in August to be a primary school teacher in an international school.

Charles Dickens

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I can't imagine

Vastet wrote:

I feel nothing but sympathy for any woman that is unfortunate enough to be born in a place like that.

I am with you, I think I would just kill myself if I had no hope of escaping.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno