So today at work.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
So today at work.

Today is St Patrick's day, and I was not wearing green. My boss pointed this out and I responded "That's ok I am not superstitious anyway". He joked knowing I was an atheist and said "Thats ok Jesus wasn't superstitious either" .

But I responded seriously, "If all it took was faith to make something true then the sun would really be a god".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:But I

Brian37 wrote:

But I responded seriously, "If all it took was faith to make something true then the sun would really be a god".

I like that Brian.  A very astute observation on your part.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice reply.There were

Nice reply.

There were several times, when I was in the USMC and once when I had a high paying job, where my bosses brought up jesus and such. I had to be careful not to piss them off so I didn't get shit on.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why is your boss working on

Why is your boss working on the Christian sabbath day, Sunday?
And you have to work on sunday?

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am getting mixed reviews.

I am getting mixed reviews. Others are saying "what's your problem dude, he was just joking"

And what is so stupid about that assumption is the people who think I am being mean don't know my co-workers. If anything I am probably the most ganged up on as far as razzing and the most self deprecating person there.

And the funny thing is my boss didn't really react to it but did have that "humn" look on his face, as if I gave him something to think about. He took it less seriously than some other atheists have been.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Why is

ex-minister wrote:
Why is your boss working on the Christian sabbath day, Sunday? And you have to work on sunday?

YOUR BEING HATEFUL AND MEAN!

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I am getting

Brian37 wrote:

I am getting mixed reviews. Others are saying "what's your problem dude, he was just joking"

And what is so stupid about that assumption is the people who think I am being mean don't know my co-workers. If anything I am probably the most ganged up on as far as razzing and the most self deprecating person there.

And the funny thing is my boss didn't really react to it but did have that "humn" look on his face, as if I gave him something to think about. He took it less seriously than some other atheists have been.

Funny thing about Christian co-workers. One of them knows that I am a former Christian and now identify as an agnostic atheist.  I told him my story of how I became an atheist by accident ( ie, I examined scripture a little too closely which led to my faith collapsing ) and so forth.  We have had some very interesting, non-confrontational exchanges and in spite of our theological impasse I ( so far ) consider him an ally at work.  Hopefully this will not change and we will continue to be cordial...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: by

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
by accident ( ie, I examined scripture a little too closely which led to my faith collapsing ) and so forth.

lol.. examined a little too closely... hahahaha