The psychology of theft and cheating explored

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The psychology of theft and cheating explored

Mar. 11, 2013 — A new study suggests that people get frustrated when they are offered the opportunity to cheat or steal and that chance is then taken away from them. Other studies have shown that blocking people from achieving their positive goals increases frustration, which is not surprising. But this is the first to show that even denying people the chance to commit forbidden behaviors can increase frustration.
That's not all. The researchers also found that people who are frustrated in their attempts to cheat or steal are more likely than others to be attracted to violent video games.
~
Bushman noted that none of the students admitted to cheating, or having the chance to cheat, even though they did cheat (as evidenced by their scores).
~
students who did have the chance to steal tended to do so -- an average of between about one and three quarters, depending on their level of access, Bushman said.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130311101437.htm

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
this article misses the

this article misses the point, and so does everybody else, except me.  this is all part of evolution!  it's because of the CLIMATE.  and Beyond is a fucking IDIOT.

see if you can spot the pattern.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
> >

> >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
sorry, slipped into parody

sorry, slipped into parody mode.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:this article

iwbiek wrote:

this article misses the point, and so does everybody else, except me.  this is all part of evolution!  it's because of the CLIMATE.  and Beyond is a fucking IDIOT.

see if you can spot the pattern.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X