Skynet activated

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Skynet activated

Rapyuta is the work of the European RoboEarth Project, which describes its mission as the development of "a giant network and database repository where robots can share information and learn from each other about their behavior and their environment."

"[T]he goal of RoboEarth is to allow robotic systems to benefit from the experience of other robots, paving the way for rapid advances in machine cognition and behavior, and ultimately, for more subtle and sophisticated human-machine interaction," the RoboEarth Web site states.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416425,00.asp

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
So? I really think some

So? I really think some things will always be fantasy. Transporters will never happen and robots taking over the world and making us slaves wont either.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Uh huh. You go ahead and

Uh huh. You go ahead and tell yourself that. An artificial intelligence taking over is entirely possible, should there ever come a day when we can actually create one.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Uh huh. You go

Vastet wrote:
Uh huh. You go ahead and tell yourself that. An artificial intelligence taking over is entirely possible, should there ever come a day when we can actually create one.

I think it is more of a question of when we will make an artificial intelligence rather than if. Nor do I think it is a particularly large leap to imagine that at some point that intelligence might decide it is a good idea to kill us.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's definitely

an interesting development. Especially if you extrapolate a 2000 year time line.