Patheos Watch, check regularly for more missinformation, will be adding new stories when I catch them.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Patheos Watch, check regularly for more missinformation, will be adding new stories when I catch them.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Cognitive estrangement" is the "factual reporting of fictions."

RE :: Epic drama and tragedy, muted tones of happiness -- sadness mixed into a whole.

(Caption :: Laugh now Clown, at your broken love)

In the Uploaded Image .. Wondering what the translation to the Italian phrase is :: http://www.metrolyrics.com/vesti-la-giubba-pagliacci-leoncavallo-lyrics-luciano-pavarotti.html

You guys have this repeated obstinate insistence upon the Bible being boring. Granted nobody, not even I, pores over it daily.  One thing, for sure,  Opera aint got nothing on the Bible, sacred text or just a set of stories, there is a spectrum of opinions...again Opera ain't got nothing on it . .

"Pagliacci", the best known aria is titled :: Vesti la Giubba (w/English subtitles), Leoncavallo

"Pagliacci"

Summaries are found all over the place Example  : http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/history/stories/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfGKDP9NBkk

Roberto Alagna (worth a spare moment to hear), in his 2005 performance, knocks it right out of the park, makes me almost sad I missed it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: RE ::

danatemporary wrote:

RE :: Epic drama and tragedy, muted tones of happiness -- sadness mixed into a whole.

In the Uploaded Image .. Wondering what the translation to the Italian phrase is :: http://www.metrolyrics.com/vesti-la-giubba-pagliacci-leoncavallo-lyrics-luciano-pavarotti.html

You guys have this repeated obstinate insistence upon the Bible being boring. Granted nobody, not even I, pores over it daily.  One thing, for sure,  Opera aint got nothing on the Bible, sacred text or just a set of stories, there is a spectrum of opinions...again Opera ain't got nothing on it . .

"Pagliacci", the best known aria is titled :: Vesti la Giubba (w/English subtitles), Leoncavallo

"Pagliacci"

Summaries are found all over the place Example  : http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/history/stories/

Roberto Alagna (worth a spare moment to hear), in his 2005 performance, knocks it right out of the park, makes me almost sad I missed it.

What? The bible has nothing on the ancient Greeks. The bible is a horribly written book with no plot development or character development. Certainly it rivals the fantastic claims of fiction and the polytheism it was competing with. But it sucks as a piece of literature.

All it does is go "I GOD DID THIS AND WANTS THIS, then after that a bunch of cobbled together crap linking one player to another till the end when the cosmic spoiled jackass smashes the X Box and runs away.

At least in Oedipus he realized his mistake and finally saw himself as flawed and agonized over it by plucking his own eyes out, not that I would, but he felt guilt, unlike the God character that MOST CERTAINLY SHOULD. Tell me with all the crap in that book that god did not have to do, or allow, which certainly the Oedipus Character did not have the same powers, as written, do you really think that God is, as written better written, or even more moral than Oedipus?

At least Oedipus owned up to his fuck ups. The bible ends with God fucking everyone over without feeling the slightest bit of guilt.

Oedipus recognized his Hubris, and felt guilt when he realized it. God does not.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: RE ::

danatemporary wrote:

"Pagliacci"

I'm sorry I missed it. That was a very moving rendition. Sometimes that particular aria can be over done, making everyone laugh rather than cry. Thanks for the link.

CJ

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stings, I know. Rather you be what you really are.

Re :: Stings, I know (remember the avatar). Rather you be what you really are.

According to many many sources, there is a mysterious element of that same spirit. Witnessed in the School of the prophets, having to do with the future. Can you guess what that cryptic reference may be alluding to ?

To Whom It May Concern (Man oh Man does it concern)

Brethern (.. we are family). Dana greets you with a holy kiss. Maybe just a polite handshake.  Well! Let's not go nuts (Lol, cry, laugh, snort, *cry*).

In the words of the late Canadian / American actor Phil Hartman (comedian): "Good Times! Good Times!''

You've got to have faith

Google Books (US) Quote .. :

An old conflagration, smoking upland, had left rock outcrops as islands in a head-high sea of new fern. A cooling wind roved through it. It was as good a place as any to rest and refresh [the] men; its' other possibilities were plain only to her. 'Here,' he said . .
Whatever you are thinking, it is better not thought', he advised.
 'The children are small,' Kimball said. 'They have their mother.' 'She could be stronger too.'
'You may see them again,' Demon said.
'This rearguard isn't going to make heaven fast.'

'This *rearguard ISN'T GOING TO MAKE HEAVEN fast.' (,so you are thinking).

__

Definition -- That's the soldier's positioned at the rear of a body of troops, especially those protecting an army when it is in retreat.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:

......and then disappear into the dust and relieve an already overcrowded world of yet another sentient meatbag.

I never knew my "meatbag" was sentient.   Learn something new every day, I suppose.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Again,

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Again, all CONSISTENT "atheists" are mass murderers like Stalin, Mao, etc.

Yeah, you're right of course.    I'm working on becoming a consistent atheist, and speaking as a consistent atheist do you realize how difficult it is to get together enough supporters to actually set up an effecient system to imprison and kill millions of people ?   It's expensive and time consuming !

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is Sting's video enough reason to revive this thread ?

> Forum/15288?page=68 the comments of the mid-page ::

friend_danatemporary wrote:

'This *rearguard ISN'T GOING TO MAKE HEAVEN fast.' (,so you are thinking).

__

Definition -- That's the soldier's positioned at the rear of a body of troops, especially those protecting an army when it is in retreat.

Absolutely essential you are able inevitably desire to begin to piece it ''together'' ..

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=68    Subject-Line:: Hell, MayBe ????   Nu # 3434 http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=68#comment-403232 {http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=68#comment-403232}

Is Sting's video enough reason to revive this thread ?

danatemporary wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7km4EHgkQiw godandthemachine blog It pays to remember this man's lingering doubts might have fueled his overall rhetoric. You see, I spent an hour reading back on the bloggist, from his words. He mentioned thrice he wanted to get back to the faith of his childhood. I can only surmise he must consider Atheism as a threat to faith in general. So No hugging I m thinking. Not much faith in Science: Thomas L. McDonald says: March 28, 2013 at 7:03 pm About the dating of the Shroud of Turin he comments: Given the vast amount of nonsense that passes peer review, you’ll excuse me if I don’t share the scientific community’s touching and childlike faith in the process, which they treat like some kind of secular sacrament rather than something overseen by fallible human beings. If the material is garbage, it will sort itself out soon enough. : Mr McDonald acquainted with mortal sufferings Psoriatic Arthritis He writes: Oh dear, does it suck. Yes indeed. It’s agonizing. It crippled me. It left me broken and wounded. And in that broken state, I finally crashed through my own pride and hubris and was able to touch the face of God. Pain is, as CS Lewis said, God’s megaphone. In my utter ruin, I was finally able to find the way back to the faith of my childhood. I had an encounter with the living God that left me with no doubt at all about His existence. Position on the Old and New Testaments (Sacrosanct): Literature Since I began working on a masters, I have had 18 solid months of no reading other than theology. I finally snapped, and made some time for a first love: books ..The written word is sacred. Scripture was a gift of the undiluted guidance of the Holy Spirit. Shakespeare, Yeats, Dickens, Chesterton, Eliot, and others were also given a gift of the Spirit, albeit it in a lesser form than Holy Writ. We find god there as well. It is hard to find that sweet spot where it is worth the time and trouble to correct them. Or leave them to their own devises and folly. Ironically, Mr. April fools made a reference to a Dickens' Novel, to a very particular reference that says to beware of 'ignorance'. I did read where he admits to countradicting himself before. This bloggist reminds me so much of Sting's song. Pick up the YouTube Link, when you can, play it Smiling ____ My hunch is there is a vast under-belly of inherent contradictions hidden by this pompous way of his!! Check out the link you might have missed from this guy: http://hotair.com/archives/2008/06/23/new-pew-survey-21-of-atheists-believe-in-god/

View/See Images ::

If this  Canker-sore of a pain in my heart indicates anything at all. I wonder (aloud) just how hugely the off-site is to badly misconstrue this post ? 

I am reminded of this video from my own youth ::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvjPCcHI4g {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvjPCcHI4g}  A song I hadn't sung since I was a little-one.

> You can always blame .. We see through a mirror dimly

0ff-site ::

Mistake!  Mistake to rob yourself of interactions, by this time you might have begun to get clued in, alittle, huh ?

So the drama . .

0ff site ::         Croakus Interruptus  ???   You can always blame .. We see through a mirror dimly            Brother Cadfael (Character) ''(Quote) You must always beware of the unexpected blow''  

Little Drummer Boy try this or look up on YouTube ::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvjPCcHI4g                       

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves

Http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2009/11/21/the-kids-in-the-dont-label-me-ads-are-not-evangelicals/

From the FriendlyAtheist Blogger, in his own words  . . .

The Kids in the “Don’t Label Me” Ads Are Not Evangelicals

November 21, 2009 By Guest Contributor 

These bus ads from the British Humanist Association have been getting a lot of media attention this week:

The point of the campaign is to point out how absurd it is to thrust a label — any label — onto a child who doesn’t even understand what that label means. It would be foolish to call any kid a “Republican child” or a “Catholic child” or an “Agnostic child.”

That idea hits home any more when you read this ridiculous column by Ruth Gledhill in the Times

She quotes Brad Mason, a Christian pastor, whose kids happen to be the ones featured in the ads:

He said: “It is quite funny, because obviously they were searching for images of children that looked happy and free. They happened to choose children who are Christian. It is ironic. The humanists obviously did not know the background of these children.

*facepalm*

It is ironic, indeed.

Wait. There’s more:

Gerald Coates, the leader of the Pioneer network of churches, which Mr Mason and his family used to attend before they moved to Dorset, said: “I think it is hilarious that the happy and liberated children on the atheist poster are in fact Christian.

Clearly, they couldn’t get past the kids’ images to read the words written on the ads.

These are not Christian children.

They are the children of Christian parents.

Get. It. Right. And stop labeling them''

====================================

Below  Images  --- 0ff - site ::

No Subject  ::

Talk / Talk  song ::  OFF-Site ::  Exclusively -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFS5is4lD0  {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFS5is4lD0} or if broken link or takes too long :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npOn-AB7-So {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npOn-AB7-So} song by   Talk-Talk

Saint Catherine (of Siena), quote(s):  And the little lost sheep who have no shepherd who cares about them or knows how to guide them, can easily go astray and are often snatched and devoured by the evil one.

(source : The Book Entitled :: the Dialog) 

--  -- 

One way or another way, that is the question ::

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
And I will give to each 1 a new name that no one understands it

And I will give to each 1 a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it.

Isis took a lump of clay, as according to the traditions of man, formed it into the shape of a snake, the shape of the great hooded snake. The snake was place along the path where Ra walk; where the viper striked and poison was injected into the man along the path. Isis uttered, ''A serpent hath bitten thee, and a thing which thou hast created hath lifted up his head against thee!'' Ra spoke: , "I was passing along my path, and I was going through the two regions of my lands according to my heart's desire, to see that which I had created, when lo! I was bitten by a serpent which I saw not. Is it fire? Is it water? I am colder than water, I am hotter than fire. All my flesh sweateth, I quake, my eye hath no strength, I cannot see the sky, and the sweat rusheth to my face even as in the time of summer." Then said Isis unto Ra, "O tell me thy name, holy father, for whosoever shall be delivered by thy name shall live." [And Ra said], "I have made the heavens and the earth, I have ordered the mountains, I have created all that is above them, I have made the water, I have made to come into being the great and wide sea, I have made the 'Bull of his mother,' from whom spring the delights of love. I have made the heavens, I have stretched out the two horizons like a curtain, and I have placed the soul of the gods within them. I am he who, if he openeth his eyes, doth make the light, and, if he closeth them, darkness cometh into being. At his command the Nile riseth, and the gods know not his name. I have made the hours, I have created the days, I bring forward the festivals of the year, I create the Nile-flood. I make the fire of life, and I provide food in the houses. I am Khepera in the morning, I am Ra at noon, and I am Tmu at even." Meanwhile the poison was not taken away from his body, but it pierced deeper, and the great god could no longer walk. Then said Isis unto Ra, "What thou hast said is not thy name. O tell it unto me, and the poison shall depart; for he shall live whose name shall be revealed." Now the poison burned like fire, and it was fiercer than the flame and the furnace, and the majesty of the god said, "I consent that Isis shall search into me, and that my name shall pass from me into her." Then the god hid himself from the gods, and his place in the boat of millions of years was empty. And when the time arrived for the heart of Ra to come forth, Isis spake unto her son Horus, saying, "The god hath bound himself by an oath to deliver up his two eyes" (i.e., the sun and moon). Thus was the name of the great god taken from him, and Isis, the lady of enchantments, said, "Depart, poison, go forth from Ra. O eye of Horus, go forth from the god, and shine outside his mouth. It is I who work, it is I who make to fall down upon the earth the vanquished poison; for the name of the great god hath been taken away from him. May Ra live! and may the poison die, may the poison die, and may Ra live!" These are the words of Isis, the great goddess, the queen of the gods, who knew Ra by his own name.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
I see the Moon .. the Moon sees me (Symbolic language of images)

>  I see the Moon .. the Moon sees me; Symbolic language of images  (Symbolic language of images)

** In-the Hebrew word of kehseh, its' meaning  is  fullness, is often  translated as a full moon in some OT passages. It's in our modern calendars that completely ignore the Biblical way of setting the first day of the month by the visual new moon, Israel to the visual sighting of the New Moons by observers in Israel . . even though the word “month” is derived from the word “moon” and should be oriented to the moon as it was intended by the Creator G-d of Hosts.

Appreciable fanciful whimsy of a bloggists musing Much needed bit of whimsy from this bloggist entry

A little child shall lead them” says the prophet Isaiah, in a metaphor for the peaceable reign of God.

For a week I have followed a child, a grandchild of mine, almost 8, here on a visit. I pondered as I was trying to keep pace with him about what peace would look like if a child were to lead us there:

• I assume it would be energetic! with the beginning of every day, the child would open with the question, “What are we going to do today?” and then run, tumble, jump or somersault into the activity with eagerness. Bruce Epperly, also a Patheos blogger, in his book, Tending the Holy, recounts his own spiritual practice of rising at dawn to ask, “What great things will happen in my life today?” 
  • it would be intelligent! The child arrived at our house with a musing: “I think I have a theory about how the moon was made,” he said. And to that end he led the search for data and research–a visit to the planetarium, a conversation with an astronomer, a book fro the library, all became part of the thinking that he did about what made a moon. Would that those leader of Church and state be willing to use the same kind of intelligence and inquiry and tenaciousness to find the things that make for peace!
  • Energy, intelligence, imagination and love…the things that make for peace! And a little child led me! I hope I have learned the paths of peace and can be the Child of God I am created to be.

Patheos.com   Egyptian watch page, egyptian mythical resurgence  where I take it, ''there was some butting into lives'', until this was finally addressed, she says :''I begged to move to a different area'',

(yeah, I can relate to the bloggist's situation) . .  Could suggest others can 'go to the East' (pun)

Funerary stelae reproduce the sacred structure of the tomb. The top of the stele is decorated with an image of the sky-goddess Nut, sometimes abbreviated to an arched border of blue-black, and there is a floor indicating the earth. Stelae often depict a winged solar disk, the sun which travels to and from the underworld each day, hopefully bringing the deceased along. This virtual temple also includes an offering table with various foods. The deceased, usually both pictured and named, offers the foods to various deities. In life the priests and priestesses offered food to deities and then consumed it themselves, and in death the deceased will also be sustained by the food offered to the deities.  The stele of Ankh-f-n-khonsu has an image image of Nut, the solar disk, a table of offerings, and an image of the god Re-Horakhty, Horus of the horizons. Investigate the innumerable, but the anyone bitten by a snake and he neutralizes the venom, could look to the male lion for assistance.  In Kemetic religion,  the two horizons map out to East and West, sunrise and sunset, river and desert, Death and life. The place where the sun set was also the entrance to the land of the dead according to Egyptian belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fo0IHL7dtU8 {http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fo0IHL7dtU8}

When you're gone  The pieces of my heart are missing you  And in the air the fireflies. Our only light in paradise. We'll show the world they were wrong. And teach them all to sing along. Singing Amen, I, I'm alive . .

Japanese proverb says  ::  The nail that sticks out gets hammered down

Pentateuch Genesis narrative Ch. 37 --

Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more.  He said to them, "Listen to this dream I had: ..and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had a dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me." When he told his father as well as his brothers, his father rebuked him and said, "What is this dream you had? Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow down to the ground before you?" His brothers were jealous of him, but his Father kept the matter in mind.

Potential for fertility 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crazy Idea -- Let's you and I talk, K ?

Off - site ::

You & only you can find a path forward, this isn't what you think (it doesnt mean what you might think) . . .

Remember to ALL, ( And,  KINDLY REMEMBER I SAID THIS HERE, View See:: Images  )

**Again,  So,  What don't I know ?

0ff - site ::

Remember  one and only one more time you need to harmonize EVERYTHING  I have said, not take an isolated post and try to make something of it . .   This board has a life of it's own and something things need to be said that apply to an apt timing. It's not like some Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; it doesn't mean what you might think it does . .

Ex. --http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/34696 . . not that I view you guys as that hostile, at least I do not think so (hehe).

> **Eliphaz, one of the supposed "friends" of Job once said, "He (the Almighty) frustrates ( literally "to make of null effect" ) the plotting of the crafty and shrewd; so that their hands cannot attain success" Keeping this mentality in mind . . So, Ask yourself of what possible advantage could it be  to say  anything  at all ?  Think hard on this one my female friend (s), really hard . .

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, Malaria one of the hazards of the intrepid Missionaries

re :: Malaria one of the hazards of the intrepid Missionaries

http://www.patheos.com/blogs

Another Face to Faith Video Conference

* March 14, 2014  Written By :: Georgie Coe

As part of World Malaria Day, my religion students learned about the tragedy of malaria in a Face to Faith video conference with malaria expert, Saleema Abdul Ghafur.  She is the director of the African Leaders Malaria Alliance, an alliance of 49 African presidents and prime ministers. She works to raise money to defeat malaria. Infection with malaria parasites may result in a wide variety of symptoms, ranging from absent or very mild symptoms to severe disease,.

Today, she told us that Africa loses almost $12 billion dollars each year because of lost productivity from malaria deaths. She says that women and children suffer most and that their deaths lead to widespread poverty. Asked what motivated her work to eradicate malaria, Ms. Ghafur noted that service is a big part of the Muslim faith.

The conference included students from three other schools, one in England, another in Mexico, and one in Oklahoma. Saleema Abdul Ghafur skyped in from New York, our facilitator was in London, and the technical engineer who made sure we each had audio and video working, was in India. Quite a feat of technology. The biggest problem for my students wasn’t technology. It was their teacher who got confused by all the different time zones and thought the conference was supposed to start an hour earlier. The mistake meant that we had to leave the conference after only half an hour because of our bell schedule and my miscalculation.

Nonetheless, my students were able to hear Ms. Ghafur speak and even ask her a few questions. Most importantly, they learned about a huge health problem in another part of the world and how that problem also creates widespread poverty, and lowers productivity in many African countries. And in Ms. Ghafur, they saw a great role model, someone who is making a difference and believes in service.

Malaria, Maoists, and other news from India

*September 8, 2014 Written By:: Justin Whitaker 

I’ve once again found myself in rural India, Bodhgaya to be precise, teaching Buddhist Philosophy to American undergraduates. I was here in 2010, early in the days of my PhD, and coming here again as I near the end of this colossal project seems fitting.

I remember when I first arrived in England for my MA all those years ago, marveling at how much history surrounded me: pubs dating to the 1600s, churches from the 14th century and before, castles, paths, and crossings all seeing centuries of humans passing by.  Now it is much the same in Bodhgaya, absorbing layers of history in the form of stories, some told by those who have been here for decades watching the village become a city; our abbot here at the Burmese Vihar arrived here in the 1960s when there were just 8 Buddhist monasteries (and/or temples). Now there are over 80. And just to think of the ebb and flow of life here going back to the days when the Buddha walked these dusty roads.

My friend Gaurav, the Hindi teacher, and I took a walk on Friday, to the Gandhi statue near the Mahabodhi Temple. From there we examined the great new wall that was built there in response to the 2013 July bombings. But our objective was rather mundane, so rather than passing around the wall to see the temple, we trudged on through packed roads, fighting traffic jams of school-children, men on bicycles, motorbikes, shoppers, and the occasional car or bus. We ended up quite far south of the temple, too far to turn and walk around it to end up on the other side where Japanese and Thai monasteries sit. Instead we turned the other direction, to the river, now dry, as a quick and open path back. It was indeed open, aside from a couple territorial stray dogs, but this turned out to be more of a problem than a blessing. The sun at midday is especially oppressive this time of year, when it is mixed with monsoon-driven humidity. 90 degrees feels like 108. We made it back, but not without a sturdy reminder of unprepared I am for all of this – leaving me with a heat and dust-(and whatever else I inhaled out there)-infused cold.

Three years in mild England have softened me, but luckily my previous time here has made me at least theoretically ready and I’ve made a point to rest and return to 100% before venturing too far out again.

It’s good to be here. As much as I miss my friends in England (football, pub quiz, lunches at Cosmo, Thursday nights out, picnics, and other adventures) and my friends and family back in the US, I remember Bodhgaya becoming a ‘home’ to me last time and look forward to that again. This time around I have many more friends to see in India, if time allows, having already enjoyed a couple evenings out with Deepak and Maneo in Delhi. It’s a big country though; so I fear I might have to come back again some time down the road to see those I miss on this trip.

Auto-rickshaw in Delhi (with myself, Deepak, and Maneo).

Auto-rickshaw in insane streets of Delhi  (with myself, Deepak, and Maneo).

That’s the news for me. There is also news in the area about malaria, which has been bad around here, and Maoists, who were also blowing things up last time I was here. We all should be fine regarding malaria: stocked up on anti-malaria pills, nets, and cremes, along with pretty good conditions regarding cleanliness and sanitation; all of which those suffering the worst of it do not have. And the Maoists rarely hurt anyone; but we still keep an eye on the news and avoid potential run-ins when we venture out in our travels. Our big worries are the heat and dust and a few achy stomachs still adjusting to Indian food.

The Mahabodhi temple from my rooftop

The Mahabodhi temple from my rooftop

A screenshot from a video during a stormy evening in Bodhgaya

A screenshot from a video during a stormy evening in Bodhgaya

Malaria symptoms -- Pain and numbness and tingling to-the extremities;  Fevers; Chills;  nasty Headaches; Sweats; Severe Fatigue; Nausea and vomiting.  The  malaria parasite is with you, causing anemia by the destruction of the infected red blood cells, which leads to symptoms like extreme tiredness, delirium, etc. etc. These are re-experienced over very long periods of times and our body DOESN'T develop immunity.  I ran into some people who were infected with this malaria parasite; and even years later, they will still suffer from bounts of the disease. Bet you never give much thought to such things.

> Note ::  These were examples from the website at Patheos(C0M)

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is a devil that dresses himself up in sheep's clothing, Oh

Lol 

Fonzie wrote:
. . There is a devil that dresses himself up in sheep's clothing and fools [you] guys . .

[Quote = danatemporary]

Http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2009/11/21/the-kids-in-the-dont-label-me-ads-are-not-evangelicals/

From the FriendlyAtheist Blogger, in his own words  . . .

The Kids in the “Don’t Label Me” Ads Are Not Evangelicals

November 21, 2009 By Guest Contributor 

These bus ads from the British Humanist Association have been getting a lot of media attention this week:

The point of the campaign is to point out how absurd it is to thrust a label — any label — onto a child who doesn’t even understand what that label means. It would be foolish to call any kid a “Republican child” or a “Catholic child” or an “Agnostic child.”

That idea hits home any more when you read this ridiculous column by Ruth Gledhill in the Times

She quotes Brad Mason, a Christian pastor, whose kids happen to be the ones featured in the ads:

He said: “It is quite funny, because obviously they were searching for images of children that looked happy and free. They happened to choose children who are Christian. It is ironic. The humanists obviously did not know the background of these children.

*facepalm*

It is ironic, indeed.

Wait. There’s more:

Gerald Coates, the leader of the Pioneer network of churches, which Mr Mason and his family used to attend before they moved to Dorset, said: “I think it is hilarious that the happy and liberated children on the atheist poster are in fact Christian.

Clearly, they couldn’t get past the kids’ images to read the words written on the ads.

These are not Christian children.

They are the children of Christian parents.

Get. It. Right. And stop labeling them''

====================================

Below  Images  --- 0ff - site ::

No Subject  ::

Talk / Talk  song ::  OFF-Site ::  Exclusively -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFS5is4lD0  {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFS5is4lD0} or if broken link or takes too long :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npOn-AB7-So {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npOn-AB7-So} song by   Talk-Talk

Saint Catherine (of Siena), quote(s):  And the little lost sheep who have no shepherd who cares about them or knows how to guide them, can easily go astray and are often snatched and devoured by the evil one.

(source : The Book Entitled :: the Dialog) 

--  -- 

One way or another way, that is the question ::

[ / Quote]

http://tinypic.com/r/1zej9ud/8    p.p.s. --  Some have even suggested, back in the late 20th Century - Early 21st Century .. It-was-found-people-generally-dont-dislike-Jesus-they-dislike-christians-though   

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just the type of example as one of B. Witherington's articles

"Come now, let us settle the matter," .. '

Re :: Just the type of example as one of B. Witherington's articles ::

:

Before being so rudely interrupted . . Read the following ::

http://tinypic.com/r/2n0381f/8

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2014/04/noah-the-kabbalah-and-gnosticism/ http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2014/04/noah-the-kabbalah-and-gnosticism/

If anyone cares or not. Off the top of my head. Even were/when the reader to turn his or her face from the disservice to the actual position, out of shame. Although not overall. Still. I don't like the regurgitated fashion to all these remarks, which is relied upon too heavily. In their system ''the Goddess'' (closest analogue) will not tolerate such neglect!! Nor continue to put up with the ''blind god's'' boasts (direct from their texts). I wont touch upon, something critically important was forgotten or completely glossed over. If memory serves, I am thinking of something similar to what happened to the goddess Ninlil .. with her rape, and she became pregnant with the Mesopotamian moon god Sin. "Though your sins are like scarlet . ." By the way, it interesting to note, her consort EnLil literally went to Hell for his misdeeds towards the god's intended. Though with the Gnostics it was REPEATED, not simply one or two times! (Hunt for the reference). Accurately representing a teaching consists of precisely making proper distinctions, such as the godhead of Gnosticism, where it's seen how they are replete with direct statements about the androgynous aspects, if nothing else. Though it is not lost on anyone, even those barely aware of the details, of the unsettling implications of this accusation, according to the Gnostics. Accurately representing a teaching consists of precisely making proper distinctions, K ? Trying not to gloss over important details either!!

Richness is lost in not knowing the references, Oh Yeah, especially for those who have no idea what I am on about, did that ever stop me, ever ?!?!?? 

0 f f S I T E -- This is something to mention to me directly so 'kindly' contact me hun. Or let's talk a bit beyond a couple of words, especially with the states being as high as they have become, this time . Now, And not when you're ready, K? Though there is no rush though. You can tell I don't have plans on making many more plans to run away, .. really!

======

-- -- --

p.p.s. -- View a cutey for Mr. Daddy, super cute baby child Image (and I like this picture), I naturally like this picture ::

Misc -- Misc  pic  Uploaded --  

(( It's probably fair to say images choices are really downright baffling to people more so, even more,  ''off site'' than on-site ))

From the Video ::

Let's Prove our promises before the cross . .  he will take care OF YOU

Let's Prove our promises before the cross . .  ; he will take care of you . .

Gospel According to John 14:9 

New King James Version (NKJV)

'' Jesus said to them, Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known me,  Folks?  He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? '' 

And, Let me just  share  this video on YouTube as a special bonus to ALL ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOeGVEP2KCU {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOeGVEP2KCU}

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
dana, for fuck's sake...

dana, for fuck's sake...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:dana, for

iwbiek wrote:
dana, for fuck's sake...

LMAO... <snickers uncontrollably> I.... can't stop laughing.... dude. I know what you mean...

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
To Whom It May Concern ::

R e  ::  To Whom It May Concern ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtdC4If0tyM {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtdC4If0tyM}

https://www.sounddogs.com/previews/59/mp3/606583_SOUNDDOGS__ba.mp3  {https://www.sounddogs.com/previews/59/mp3/606583_SOUNDDOGS__ba.mp3}

(( Image was inspired by one of Rudyard Kipling's tales ))

P.P.S. --  .  . and  you'll  still be the sweetest  ( . . all of us need to keep with an eye towards the future )  Smiling 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 lmao caught me again dana

lmao caught me again dana

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
For "two" people I can think of . . .

re  ::  For "two" people  I can think of . . .

Important Reminder to ALL -- (View  Image) > 

Note -- Apparently  The URL  is not working properly

Broken Link Wayback Machine web archive might be able to truly confirm or recover.  Yes,  URL that is not working properly But, It was of a "baby's cry" . . .

Broken Audio File name  ::  606583_SOUNDDOGS__ba.mp3 

Messages for Others (Other 0FF-Site) --

Sexually explicit or just playing around . . ((think there is some aim or purpose))?

Sexually explicit or just playing around . . ((think there is some aim or purpose))?

Satirical reflection(s) and repeated 'Themes'  are far more probable than anything either suggestive or even remotely sexually explicit!  Contributing to only additional silence is “exceptionally unpleasant”, Grandma Harpies ( αρπυια )  !!