This fucker has poisond my older sister's head, help me take this asshole out.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
This fucker has poisond my older sister's head, help me take this asshole out.

http://dprogram.net/2013/02/01/alert-2013-un-nato-martial-law-usa/

Explain to my sister why this is BULLSHIT!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Some of that is stock

Some of that is stock footage from a different era. Other pictures are not what it seems to be. This guy is a propaganda king. What does he think is going to happen? Does he think that the US government is going to overthrow itself? There isn't any evidence being presented. It's merely a bunch of video cut and spliced together to make it look like some massive army is being put together.

Hogwash.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Some of that is stock

double

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Look I know that. But this

Look I know that. But this has my sister in it's grips. I have already posted this link to the Southern Poverty Law center. I am interested in some watchdog groups who could point me as to how to combat this shit.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
If anything

wikileaks showed that the U.S. government is more silly about handling piss-poor 'secrets' than it's actually covering up some profound evil we don't know anything about. 

I'd just keep trying to help your sis think rationally, rather than getting too hot under the collar about this. 

Just keep niggling away with sensible talk. You'll get through. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Not bothering to watch the

Not bothering to watch the whole video, just read the summary and skipped around it a bit. How do they think our military trains? We routinely train with soldiers from other countries, and since UN and NATO encompass every country we consider allies, of course many of those troops are UN or NATO troops. Since we generally go to war with other countries, it makes sense that we perform joint exercises to iron out any coordination problems before real lives are at risk.

As far as moving all of the equipment, even with the wars only 13% of our soldiers are overseas. That means 87% are on US soil, so it makes sense that a significant amount of military hardware is shipped around the country on a daily basis. It is precisely because we train our military so hard here on US soil that they kick ass overseas and we see relatively few body bags coming home. 

It is rather ironic that the people who created this video are probably hawkish right wingers who supported having our oversized military in the first place. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 More information on the

More information on the IMET (International Military Education & Training Program) is available in detail here 

http://www.apd.army.mil/jw2/xmldemo/r12_15/main.asp

and here

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/110406.pdf

It is hardly something the government attempts to keep "secret". When I was in the military we openly had training exercises with foreign units, and that was long before Obama. 

We also do them overseas in their territory as well. We just had a rather large exercise ($60 million and 3500 troops) with Israel last year that involved us using the territory of several countries in Europe.

http://e-ring.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/10/17/why_the_next_big_us_israel_military_exercise_is_drawing_a_crowd

It isn't new, and it isn't anything to be concerned about. At any given time we have less than 10,000 foreign troops on our soil, hardly a drop in the bucket compared to the one million plus US troops we have. If our government is going to use the military to become a dictatorship, our military is plenty big enough on its own, they don't need foreign assistance.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Look I know

Brian37 wrote:

Look I know that. But this has my sister in it's grips. I have already posted this link to the Southern Poverty Law center. I am interested in some watchdog groups who could point me as to how to combat this shit.

I would point out that the only secret that America was able to keep quiet about was Argo and largely thanks go to the Canadians for the task. America has a piss poor record of keeping secrets. The Koreans stole shit from us, China, Russia, blah blah blah. The list goes on.

I find it so completely absurd that America is massing together tens of thousands of vehicles to do what? I mean come on? What exactly are they going to do? And why?

That's the problem with these conspiracy shit heads. They never have any answers and that video provides nothing but random video from over two decades worth of stock film.

Ask your sister this... why the "vans" and the "tanks"??? What are they using the vans for? It isn't logical. The military isn't going to use thousands of vans to start a war.

Also, what Beyond said is true. When I was in NC there were always massive convoys of tanks or other heavy equipment being moved around. You can literally go near any military bases and you will see them on the highways.

I also was thinking that some of that footage is of "graveyards" or the like.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for your responses. I

Thanks for your responses. I reported this website to the Southern Poverty Law Center. At least they can keep track of these nuts.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I read the foreward and the

I read the foreward and the responses here. Whoever made this issue up is either a world-class troll or a complete fucking idiot who lived their entire life in a small town many many kilometres from the nearest military base, and just moved to a town that has a base right next door. Any town that has a base nearby knows it. Any new resident will know it within a 3 month period. Training and transportation of equipment and resources is highly visible. I've lived in two towns and a full city where it was not uncommon to see parades of tanks and jeeps on the main streets.
As for multi-national training exercises, you'd think if there was a UN or NATO conspiracy that something would have happened by now. I know the US and Canada have had yearly fleet exercises together for decades. Israeli's had to have spent a few years training in the US before they were capable of handling things by themselves.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The short of it is that you

The short of it is that you have to have such exercises with allies if you want to have allies. If you fight alongside people from other nations then it tends to be a good idea to train with them too. No, or at least fewer, surprises that way.
Also, if you never share intel or training methods then you arouse suspicion, which means you aren't trusted, which means you aren't an ally. Especially in a climate where multi-national military operations have become the norm. I don't think the US has been in a war without an ally during its entire existence. Certainly not recently.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.