Pope resigning, Why cant his invisible friend help him?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pope resigning, Why cant his invisible friend help him?

It is all over the news. Pope is resigning, age being the reason. Funny how his invisible friend cant seem to keep his minions in power, god keeps on having to replace them.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Wasn't there another big

Wasn't there another big child abuse scandal recently ? I guess they needed a distraction. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
He didn't last long.

He didn't last long.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Name me one Pope, or any

Name me one Pope, or any holy person of any religion in human history that ever does. Funny how reality always catches up to these comic book fan club presidents.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ya, but this is a bit

Ya, but this is a bit different. It's been 600 odd years since the last time a pope resigned.

It'd make me hope the church is approaching collapse, but that's reading into it too much.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Ya, but this is

Vastet wrote:
Ya, but this is a bit different. It's been 600 odd years since the last time a pope resigned. It'd make me hope the church is approaching collapse, but that's reading into it too much.

It will collapse just like everything, nothing lasts forever. The Egyptians were successful for 3,000 years pretending the sun was a god. I'd like to see the Vatican turned into a museum before I die, highly unlikely. But it is a comfort to know that no matter how delusional humans are reality always catches up with them.

"I'm special" no Mr Pope, you are not. YOU like every human are merely 1 of 7 billion in a long evolution and your superstition will morph and change or die out just like we no longer believe the sun is a god, or the earth is flat.

I have to laugh at humans in general, not just Catholics, but all people in our species who think "all this" in our 14 billion year old universe, "all this", on this tiny dot in a hostile universe, somehow "all this" was put here just for us.

What a fucking joke. It bothers humans that they are finite, so they constantly concoct these phoney social clubs just so they can feel important in a very mundane uncaring universe.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Of course it will collapse,

Of course it will collapse, but it won't be soon. The way the church has been set up, there's only one way that the vatican won't be the last standing refuge of christians, and that way requires the vatican to have been razed. Which would be a shame.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh here is one of his tweets

Oh here is one of his tweets

Quote:

Unconditional respect is owed to every human being at every moment of his or her life.

To which I responded,

Quote:
Really? We should "respect" people who burn women alive because they think she is a witch? Or did you miss that recent story?

He thinks we should blindly "respect" assholes like Kim Jong Un? No thank you Pope, some people are really scum and do not deserve any respect at all.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:He didn't last

Vastet wrote:
He didn't last long.

actually i would say he's pretty average.  i think j.p. ii had an uncommonly long tenure.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Seems that might be more

Seems there might be more to the Pope resigning than his age.

Pope Benedict's resignation linked to gay conclave: report

A 300-page dossier compiled by three cardinals investigating the theft of Vatican documents was reportedly given to the Pope the day he decided to resign. The investigation is said to have uncovered a number of factions within the Vatican of gay men who have engaged in sexual activity with male prostitutes and at organized sex romps.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-resignation-linked-gay-conclave-report-article-1.1271328#ixzz2Lyd32ULG

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Seems there

Sapient wrote:

Seems there might be more to the Pope resigning than his age.

Pope Benedict's resignation linked to gay conclave: report

A 300-page dossier compiled by three cardinals investigating the theft of Vatican documents was reportedly given to the Pope the day he decided to resign. The investigation is said to have uncovered a number of factions within the Vatican of gay men who have engaged in sexual activity with male prostitutes and at organized sex romps.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-resignation-linked-gay-conclave-report-article-1.1271328#ixzz2Lyd32ULG

christ, why can't they just admit they're gay, then go have all the sex romps with male hookers they want?  then where would the scandal be?  wouldn't that be so much simpler?

i'm as straight as they come, but were i gay, i'd stand up and shout it from the rooftops: "i pound male cornhole!  bring on the man-whores!"

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson