Gun Rights - Senator Rand Paul - Sign His Petition Here.

Darrell Cody
User is offlineOffline
Gun Rights - Senator Rand Paul - Sign His Petition Here.

M1_Rand_Message_Header.jpg

Dear fellow Patriot,

Nearly 1 million American firearms.

Banned by a stroke of Barack Obama’s pen.

In a move unprecedented in American history, the Obama Administration quietly banned the re-importation of nearly 600,000 American made M1 Carbine rifles.

And I've just discovered Obama may be blocking as many as 300,000 1911 Colts too!

That's nearly one million pieces of American history denied to the American people.

The M1 rifle, developed in the late 1930’s, carried the United States through World War II, seeing action in every major battle.

General Patton at the time called the M1 “the greatest battle implement ever devised.”

The rifle is largely credited with giving American soldiers the advantage and securing victory for the allies.

During the Korean War, nearly one million of these rifles were brought to South Korea and loaned to the South Korean government afterward.

Now, South Korea wants to give American gun collectors the chance to get their hands on this unique piece of history.

A piece of American history that Barack Obama would like to see go down the memory hole.

That’s why I want as many Americans as possible to put themselves on record opposing this gun ban by signing the Official Firearms Freedom Survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you.

Will you please join me?

M1_Rand_Clicker.jpg 
After World War II, the United States government sent millions of these rifles overseas to our allies and friends.

That includes 950,000 M1 Garands, 1.2 million M1 Carbines, and 300,000 1911 Pistols.

Over the past 50 years, many of the countries we lent them to returned them to America to be bought and sold by firearms collectors.

This is nothing new.

Make no mistake; these firearms were made in America, by Americans, for Americans, to defend freedom on foreign shores.

As a part of our history, they are greatly sought after by American shooters and collectors.

But according to Hillary Clinton’s State Department there is a danger they might “fall into the wrong hands.”

That they mightpossiblyone day be used in a crime.

No mention of the hundreds of thousands of gun owners deprived of the opportunity to own an integral part of American history.

The State Department’s outrageous claims are nothing more than a thinly veiled ploy to distract from the real issue:

President Obama’s deep-seated hatred for gun rights.

While his gun-grabbing base is giddy with praise at this back-door gun ban, law-abiding citizens across the United States are crying foul.

Let me be clear: at no time in U.S. history has the ownership of these firearms -- or any part of these firearms -- been illegal, restricted or banned.

Americans have collected World War II M1 rifles for decades.

Now they are sold through the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

You can even purchase a newly manufactured model from Springfield Armory that was made just a month or two ago.

And the M1’s caliber or capacity is no more dangerous than the millions of modern firearms owned by Americans across the country today.

As you can see, there is absolutely no justification for this unconstitutional gun ban.

M1_Rand_Clicker.jpg 
This is just one of a series of anti-gun schemes from the Obama Administration:

*** A new so-called “Assault Weapons Ban" -- targeting ALL semi-automatic rifles and shotguns -- which, unlike the Clinton ban, would NEVER expire;

*** An outright BAN on “high capacity” magazines -- banning the sale and manufacture of magazines holding more than just a handful of rounds;

*** A National Concealed Carry “Standard” -- designed to make it even more difficult for law-abiding citizens to carry a gun to protect themselves and their families from assault;

*** Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s “Catch-All Gun Control Scheme” -- to create a national “cannot buy registry,” allowing citizens to be stripped of their Second Amendment rights on a Justice Department whim, effectively banning all private gun sales.

That’s why it is essential that Americans like you and I take a stand against the M1 Carbine and 1911 gun ban!

It has been common practice since the end of World War II to re-import these American made rifles from the foreign allies they were lent to during the war.

But the Obama Administration departs radically from the American tradition.

In fact, on top of banning American citizens from owning these historic firearms, Obama’s State Department is arranging for the destruction of nearly one million of them -- ironically, at a time of ballooning federal deficits.

It’s an outrage!

These firearms -- truly pieces of American history -- rightly belong in the hands of U.S. citizens.

That’s why I was glad to hear that the National Association for Gun Rights is helping fight this power grab in the U.S. Senate.

Do you believe the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Second Amendment are the supreme law of the land?

Do you believe that President Obama banning the re-importation of these historic firearms is an unprecedented and unconstitutional power grab?

Do you support Congress forcing President Obama to reverse his ban and save these American made firearms from destruction?

If you said “Yes” to these questions, please sign the Firearms Freedom Survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you.

Your survey will put you squarely on the record AGAINST Barack Obama’s Gun Ban.

M1_Rand_Clicker.jpg

And along with your signed survey, I hope you’ll send a generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or even just $35 to help finance this battle.

With your generous contribution, the National Association for Gun Rights will continue contacting Second Amendment supporters to turn up the heat on targeted U.S. Senators.

Not only that, but they’re preparing a massive program to launch that is designed to force President Obama to reverse this ban.

Direct mail.  Phones.  E-mail.  Blogs.  Guest editorials.  Press conferences.  Hard-hitting internet, newspaper, radio and even TV ads if funding permits.  The whole nine yards.

Of course, a program of this scale is only possible if the National Association for Gun Rights can raise the money.

But that’s not easy.

So please put yourself on record AGAINST Barack Obama’s Rifle Ban by signing NAGR’s Firearms Freedom Survey.

But along with your survey, please agree to make a generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or even just $35.

And every dollar counts in this fight, so even if you can only chip in $10 or $20, your help will still make a difference.

Thank you in advance for your time and money devoted to defending our Second Amendment rights.

For Freedom,
rand_sig.png
Rand Paul
United States Senator

P.S. In a move unprecedented in American history, Barack Obama secretly banned the re-importation of nearly a million American made M1 Carbine rifles and 1911 pistols.

The M1 rifle, developed in the 1930’s, carried the U.S. through World War II, seeing action in every major battle.

So please put yourself on record AGAINST Barack Obama’s M1 Gun Ban by signing NAGR’s Firearms Freedom Survey.

But along with your survey, please agree to make a generous contribution to the National Association for Gun Rights of $250, $100, $50 or even just $35.

And every dollar counts in this fight, so even if you can only chip in $10 or $20, your help will still make a difference.

M1_Rand_Clicker.jpg

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. Box 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org/ 

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

donate_button_default.gif

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you've got a petition for

If you've got a petition for the other side I'll sign it. Eye-wink

Like the mad hatters club needs that kind of money. lol. Send some this way:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/donate

Note how the RRS starts small with requests for donations ($1), contrasted to these guys above ($350).

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Paul like you forgets the

Paul like you forgets the part where the words "well regulated" occur in the second amendment. You are not entitled to rocket launchers or jets or tanks. Nor do I think you want Obama supporters to have those things as private citizens considering we don't agree with you. AND our conservative supreme court held up the "right to bear arms" but also pointed out "well regulated".

We have elections to keep peaceful transfer's of power, not so idiots like you can cry foul when you lose an election, and childishly cry for a revolution. Bush could not declare himself president for life and in 4 years you get another shot at the office. SO TAKE YOUR GUN NUTTERY AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!

900 people died this past month because of guns. 

Now there is a solution to reduce gun death. TAKE THE FUCKING MONOPOLY OF MONEY off government. The NRA, not the members, the leaders, and the gun manufacturing industry has no interest in solving social issues. The more unstable a society is, the more crime. The more crime the more the NRA AND Gun manufactures can scare the shit out of idiots like you and Paul into keeping and expanding their market base.

This has nothing to do with gun ownership and everything to do with a big business bullying the rest of us.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Darrel..............

...................you want to gueruntee the right to blast your wife with a 12 guage shotgun out of her bed a 1:32 in the morning, to celebrate George Washingtons birthday; arguing over a bottle of beer.  I don't drink beer myself, ever!!   Tell me what it is like.  I don't own guns eather.  Gun appriciation day was celebrted by 5 people accidentily shooting themselves,  way to go NRA [national rifle assholes].

I never owned a gun I'm an ex-steel worker who believes  in inserting the bullitt manualy;  it's a bit messy but I realy love the screems. If you can't come up  with the balls to do it with your hands, asshole!!!!!!!!!!   Then you are nothing but a coward!!!!!!!!!!!

Has far as I'm concerned if you don't want to get shot;  then don't piss off people so much they want to shoot you!!!!!!!!!!! Darrel you seem to be able to piss off gunslingers; CUT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!   and live quitly with your neighbors.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

...................you want to gueruntee the right to blast your wife with a 12 guage shotgun out of her bed a 1:32 in the morning, to celebrate George Washingtons birthday; arguing over a bottle of beer.  I don't drink beer myself, ever!!   Tell me what it is like.  I don't own guns eather.  Gun appriciation day was celebrted by 5 people accidentily shooting themselves,  way to go NRA [national rifle assholes].

I never owned a gun I'm an ex-steel worker who believes  in inserting the bullitt manualy;  it's a bit messy but I realy love the screems. If you can't come up  with the balls to do it with your hands, asshole!!!!!!!!!!   Then you are nothing but a coward!!!!!!!!!!!

Has far as I'm concerned if you don't want to get shot;  then don't piss off people so much they want to shoot you!!!!!!!!!!! Darrel you seem to be able to piss off gunslingers; CUT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!   and live quitly with your neighbors.

Watching the news right now. Another public shooting in TX. But we don't want the manufacturers or NRA leaders to end up on cat food.

The dishonest manufacturers and NRA officials don't like to look at the data that says even gun owners want better laws and reduced gun death.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

....I'm an ex-steel worker who believes  in inserting the bullitt manualy;  it's a bit messy but I realy love the screems. If you can't come up  with the balls to do it with your hands, asshole!!!!!!!!!!   Then you are nothing but a coward!!!!!!!!!!!

I work with good 'ol boys who are also into this mano-a-mano ( hand to hand ) machismo.   One thing I've noticed is that almost every time they've been challenged by someone that they had doubts about they usually become diplomatic and start back peddling.  They don't want fight if they think they'll lose.

It's one thing to issue a challenge when you think you've got a reasonably good chance of winning ( requires no courage ) but most guys are unwilling to pursue  the matter if they think they stand a good chance of suffering painful injuries and a trip to the hospital. 

Lots of "tough guys" use their size advantage in the same way that gun owners are accused of using a tactical advantage.   Most guys ( even big guys ) will back down if they believe they will lose.   It's all about calculating risks, whether facing guns or fists, not actual courage.

Why did you mention that you were a steel worker ?       I used to operate heavy equipment for a living ...are you scared yet ?   LOL!

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Darrell Cody wrote:The

Darrell Cody wrote:
The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation

HAHHAHAHAHA....

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Watching the

Brian37 wrote:

Watching the news right now. Another public shooting in TX.

Brian, are you referring to the shooting in Houston, TX at the community college, Lone Star College ?   It happened in a gun free zone.    Hard to believe isn't it ?

http://www.policeone.com/activeshooter/articles/6096044-Breaking-Shooter-on-campus-of-Texas-college/  

or:      www.policeone.com

From the article:   "Richard Carpenter, chancellor of the Lone Star College System, said the shooting happened outside between an academic building and the library

...( snip )... 

The Lone Star Campus System is a gun-free zone, Carpenter said.  State officials said the school had a plan to handle a shooting or other emergency situation."

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Darrell Cody wrote:
..... mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation

HAHHAHAHAHA....

You know what's really hilarious digital ?     

President Obama has done more to boost gun sales ...especially military-style semi autos....and to put them into the hands of the American public than anything the NRA could have ever dreamed of. 

And the NRA gained 250,000 new members in a single month.           http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/nra-members_n_2480621.html

HAHAHAHAHAHA....         Now that's funny !

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Brian, are you referring to the shooting in Houston, TX at the community college, Lone Star College ?   It happened in a gun free zone.    Hard to believe isn't it ?

http://www.policeone.com/activeshooter/articles/6096044-Breaking-Shooter-on-campus-of-Texas-college/  

From the article:   "Richard Carpenter, chancellor of the Lone Star College System, said the shooting happened outside between an academic building and the library

...( snip )... 

The Lone Star Campus System is a gun-free zone, Carpenter said.  State officials said the school had a plan to handle a shooting or other emergency situation."

Well yeah but if we banned ASSAULT RIFLES!!!! it would have prevented it.... oh wait he didn't use a rifle. If we banned LARGE MAGAZINES!!! it would have prevented it... oh wait he didn't use a large magazine.... so what are we supposed to ban Brian? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

What's funny is that you idiots are paranoid freakazoids. Oooooh, nooooo, the government is going to take us over and we are going to loose our individual rights. No guns means lack of control. We need more guns so we have more control.

Seriously? Is that the driving force behind you fucking morons? You think the US government is going to turn in to a dictatorship? That the USA is going to be invaded? Really?

As for the 250,000 new member... yeah... that sounds about right. The NRA lost about 500,000 members last year when they all died from old age.

And the boost in gun sales only proves the NRA is all about money and helping the sale of guns. They are not there for any other reason, just like MADD isn't there to stop drunk driving and the BBB isn't there to protect consumers.

The joke is on you panty waist.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Why did you mention that you were a steel worker ?       I used to operate heavy equipment for a living ...are you scared yet ?   LOL!

I've done ROOFING before ! Does that qualify as badass ? Smiling  I thought so, going up and down those ladders with heavy shingles all day long.

Bad part about it, was that the 60 year old men on that crew were sailing past me, and I was in my mid-twenties at the time.

Thing is, about the toughest dude that I have ever met is a guy that is about 5 feet 7 inches, looks skinnier than even me, and has the words : Arkansas FaceFucker on biker vest.

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone that can fight like that dude.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Darrell Cody
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

...( snip )... 

Well yeah but if we banned ASSAULT RIFLES!!!! it would have prevented it.... oh wait he didn't use a rifle. If we banned LARGE MAGAZINES!!! it would have prevented it... oh wait he didn't use a large magazine.... so what are we supposed to ban Brian? 

Well said.  Good to see someone here can communicate like a normal person and a gentleman, instead of cursing.

Darrell Cody
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Darrell Cody wrote:
..... mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation

HAHHAHAHAHA....

President Obama has done more to boost gun sales ...especially military-style semi autos....and to put them into the hands of the American public than anything the NRA could have ever dreamed of. 

And the NRA gained 250,000 new members in a single month.           http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/nra-members_n_2480621.html

HAHAHAHAHAHA....         Now that's funny !

Good point.

Darrell Cody
User is offlineOffline
i would remind the people

i would remind the people here who have a bad case of foul mouth that this website is 'Rationalresponders.com'.  If you can't respond rationally, this isn't the website for you.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:What's

digitalbeachbum wrote:

What's funny is that you idiots are paranoid freakazoids. Oooooh, nooooo, the government is going to take us over and we are going to loose our individual rights. No guns means lack of control. We need more guns so we have more control.

You have already stated your wish list of what the federal government shouldn't allow people to own. 

Many Regressive lawmakers throughout the country, both Federal and State, are drafting legislation in keeping with your sentiments.  How is BANNING something not a restriction of rights ?  

digitalbeachbum wrote:
Seriously? Is that the driving force behind you fucking morons? You think the US government is going to turn in to a dictatorship? That the USA is going to be invaded? Really?

Dictatorship ?    Democracies violate human rights all the time.  Many of the founding Fathers owned slaves.   Were the slaves brought here from Africa just being paranoid

digitalbeachbum wrote:
The NRA lost about 500,000 members last year when they all died from old age.

And yet they still maintain a massive membership.  So, did all those who died rise from the grave and renew their memberships as zombies ?  That's amazing !

digitalbeachbum wrote:
And the boost in gun sales only proves the NRA is all about money and helping the sale of guns. They are not there for any other reason, just like MADD isn't there to stop drunk driving and the BBB isn't there to protect consumers.

I hate to shatter your utopian fantasy Lee Harvey Oswald but  POLITICS IS ABOUT MONEY.   It's what helped your man Obama get to where he is today.   In the end he even outspent Romney. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57557774/in-final-days-of-campaigning-obama-camp-outspent-romney/

digiatalbeachbum wrote:
The joke is on you panty waist.

Shut up Lee Harvey.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Darrell Cody wrote:i would

Darrell Cody wrote:

i would remind the people here who have a bad case of foul mouth that this website is 'Rationalresponders.com'.  If you can't respond rationally, this isn't the website for you.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Thing

harleysportster wrote:

Thing is, about the toughest dude that I have ever met is a guy that is about 5 feet 7 inches, looks skinnier than even me, and has the words : Arkansas FaceFucker on biker vest.

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone that can fight like that dude.

Yeah, in high school I had a friend named Brad who was only 5'5" and about 145 lbs.  His step dad who had played college football and was still pretty solid, slapped my friend's mother.  It didn't turn out well for the step dad.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Darrell Cody wrote:

Oh nooees digital is unleashing his gifs.  We are defeated !

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:You

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
You have already stated your wish list of what the federal government shouldn't allow people to own. 

Many Regressive lawmakers throughout the country, both Federal and State, are drafting legislation in keeping with your sentiments.  How is BANNING something not a restriction of rights ?  

Oh boo hoo, you can't do this or that.. oh dear is me... restrictions... wait? what? I can't own a fully functioning T64 Russian tank with ammo? But that is a restriction of my rights. You can't ban that! Don't tread on me! Nugent for President! Arrrgh!

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
Dictatorship? Democracies violate human rights all the time.  Many of the founding Fathers owned slaves.   Were the slaves brought here from Africa just being paranoid ?

The founding fathers had slaves? Oh yippie! Give me another gun!

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
And yet they still maintain a massive membership.

Their membership accounts for less than 1.4% of the entire US. Even then those numbers are questionable. how many of them are paying members? How many quit? How many have an F rating? How much is that inflated just to make them seem more powerful? How many have died an didn't come off the books?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/nra-membership-surge-doubts.php

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/12/23/gun-owners-vs-the-nra-what-the-polling-shows/

Examples of NRA members leaving

http://www.people-press.org/2013/01/14/in-gun-control-debate-several-options-draw-majority-support/

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/main/print/letter_time_for_nra_members_to_take_their_organization_back

http://www.examiner.com/article/nra-at-odds-with-gun-law-reform-georgia

http://www.thepilot.com/news/2013/jan/06/sportsman-quit-nra/

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
I hate to shatter your Utopian fantasy Lee Harvey Oswald but  POLITICS IS ABOUT MONEY.   It's what helped your man Obama get to where he is today.   In the end he even outspent Romney.

LOL! Lee Harvey? Really? lol. you can do better.

No shit? Politics are about money? You are just filled with some amazing facts today.  Please tell me more.

What helped Obama win was that Romney was as flat as a 3 day old open bottle of champagne.

---

I'd love to see no guns but that isn't going to happen. So I'll settle on limits on what you are allowed to own.

I'll settle on the NRA actually being an organization which protects the 2nd amendment right as opposed to being a typical cash cow organization that is no better than the mafia.

I'll settle for stricter requirements on any gun owner and if they crazy people in their homes who have access to those guns. I would like to see a national database on keeping track of those crazy people.

I'll settle for a better health care system which provides medical help for those people who are sick and mentally disturbed.

Like it or not, gun restrictions are on their way. People are tired of this bullshit game the NRA is playing.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Oh nooees digital is unleashing his gifs.  We are defeated !

You are self-defeating. You don't need any help from me.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
And yet they still maintain a massive membership.

Their membership accounts for less than 1.4% of the entire US. Even then those numbers are questionable. how many of them are paying members? How many quit? How many have an F rating? How much is that inflated just to make them seem more powerful? How many have died an didn't come off the books?

1.4% is gigantic for a single issue lobbying organization. There is no doubt that the NRA is capable of raising more funds than any other similar organization. Their election spending is only surpassed by the Chamber of Commerce, SEIU (Service Employees International Union, which the funds are forcibly taken from members as a condition of employment), the PACs set up by the major parties and the Super PACS created for the Presidential election. And that was during an election year when guns were not really an issue. If the gun issue comes down to whoever shells out the most money, the NRA will win every time. http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/summ.php?disp=O

I am no longer a member of the NRA myself, I think they are too willing to compromise on gun issues and I no longer support middle of the road compromise types. I choose to help out local organizations. I'm sure I am not the only one.

Plus, us gun nuts have been winning across the country ever since the assault weapons ban. Concealed carry is now in virtually every state and realistically obtainable in most of them, background checks are done instantly in most states and *shock* crime rates have been on a steady decline to the lowest rates in 60 years, including violent crime. It just isn't as easy to attract members when most people can sit around saying "hey, we already won". Now that it is an issue against I suspect the NRA is going to be hauling in record money and record number of members.   

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am a gun owner, but not a

I am a gun owner, but not a gun "nut"... and I oppose the NRA for a variety of reasons. I find the premise of this thread disturbing. It smacks of thinly veiled FOX news racism --"The Kenyan socialist os coming to take your guns" --  

If this is not your intent, then I apologize... it's just how it seems. Obama is NOT coming for anyone's guns... and the vast majority of what he proposed was about gathering and sharing information, and requiring background checks before we sell guns... He *SHOULD* demand that gun manfacturers be required to submit their sales inventory... the Bigger problem is illegal guns, and until we know how many were sold on the legitimate primary market, we'll never get a grip on the the problem.

The 2nd amendment guarantees the right to bear arms... I do not believe that the second amendment guarantees the right of every American to arm themselves with suitcase nukes, or a bazooka... nor should they be able to menace the population by carrying assault rifles in the street. One persons liberty must not come at the expense of anothers

I'd also like to add that I find Rand Paul to be an abhorrant divisionist who preys upon the assailable psyches of the emotionally vulnerable.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
     Wow, that was quite

Wow, that was quite a lengthy rant.  Not much actual substance to be had but absolutely filled with  emotion.  You're like a left wing Bill O'Reilly.   Good job Lee Harvey ! 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:You

digitalbeachbum wrote:

You are self-defeating. You don't need any help from me.

Does this mean you don't love me anymore ?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Obama is

Rich Woods wrote:

Obama is NOT coming for anyone's guns... 

Bullshit, he wants to ban "high capacity" magazines with more than ten rounds. My carry pistol has a 12 round magazine, and most of my other pistols do as well. If the law passes, my gun will be illegal and depending on the wording of the final law, probably have to be registered with the ATF like it is a machine gun. And I won't be able to purchase replacement magazines, or if allowed through a class 3 dealer which will drive up the price significantly. Ironically, many low caliber pistols have 12-15 round magazines, it is the big pistols like .45 caliber that have typically have smaller magazines. 

Also, if the assault weapons ban is changed over to "one military feature" that will outlaw a good number of my guns. So yeah, he is trying to outlaw the guns I own, and guns owned by a lot of people with 9mm, .40 and .22 carry pistols who never thought they had "high capacity" magazines are going to be surprised. It is quite common for these very common pistol calibers to have 10+ capacity magazines. Fortunately, I don't think he has the support to get that kind of bullshit through, but then I also didn't think he would be reelected. I probably shouldn't underestimate the stupidity of my fellow citizens.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:I am no

Beyond Saving wrote:

I am no longer a member of the NRA myself, I think they are too willing to compromise on gun issues and I no longer support middle of the road compromise types. I choose to help out local organizations. I'm sure I am not the only one.

I am not an NRA member either, and for the same reasons.   So many deluded Progressives think that we all walk in lock step with the NRA. 

Beyond Saving wrote:
Plus, us gun nuts have been winning across the country ever since the assault weapons ban. Concealed carry is now in virtually every state and realistically obtainable in most of them, background checks are done instantly in most states and *shock* crime rates have been on a steady decline to the lowest rates in 60 years, including violent crime. It just isn't as easy to attract members when most people can sit around saying "hey, we already won". Now that it is an issue against I suspect the NRA is going to be hauling in record money and record number of members.   

The arrogance and triumphalism that is spewing out of the mouths of leftist politicians and news pundits is having a galvanizing effect among gun owners in general.  Nothing like this has ever happened before.    All these leftists need to do is maintain their bombastic attacks and constant condemnation of American gun owners and I assume they will continue to drive the formerly complacent gun owners to political action in droves

Strengthening the opposition, courtesy of the Obama administration.  Irony anyone ?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

What's funny is that you idiots are paranoid freakazoids. 

No delusionalbeachbum, it's your side that's being paranoid.   In Missouri, Democrat Senator Maria Chappele-Nadal "would make it a crime to fail to report gun ownership to a school, punishable by a fine of up to $100.00"

"This bill has nothing to do with gun control Chappelle-Nadal said"    ( It doesn't ?  is she really that fucking stupid ? )  "It's about trying to force parents to be responsible gun owners"

"Responsible gun owners have nothing to fear from my legislation, and nobody...is talking about taking anyone"s guns away" she said.

This shit never stops. 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline

DP.  Fuck It !

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Better hide your weapons or else Obama will take them away from you! Boo!