"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are....uhm, no sorry, changed my mind, keep all the monies !"

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are....uhm, no sorry, changed my mind, keep all the monies !"

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who knows how much money the

Who knows how much money the church is skipping out on in the US with their tax exemptions. I'm sure it is well into the billions every year. It is complete bullshit. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tax exemption for

Tax exemption for churches/religions is bullshit. They function just like every other company does, for profit. Which is one of those loopholes I'd like to see closed here in America. I'd like to see all these non-profit organizations be forced to pay specific amounts of money to their VP's, CEO's, ect.

The BBB is a good example of a corrupt and abusive "non-profit" organization as well, MADD.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Agree.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Tax exemption for churches/religions is bullshit. They function just like every other company does, for profit. Which is one of those loopholes I'd like to see closed here in America. I'd like to see all these non-profit organizations be forced to pay specific amounts of money to their VP's, CEO's, ect.

The BBB is a good example of a corrupt and abusive "non-profit" organization as well, MADD.

And I am unanimous on that.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Who

Beyond Saving wrote:

Who knows how much money the church is skipping out on in the US with their tax exemptions. I'm sure it is well into the billions every year. It is complete bullshit. 

Yea, and with all the tax loopholes your ilk jack off over I am certain we keep track of that loot too.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:And I am

Old Seer wrote:

And I am unanimous on that.

holy shit, it's mrs. slocumb!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Yea, and with all the tax loopholes your ilk jack off over I am certain we keep track of that loot too.

My ilk doesn't support loopholes, deductions or credits or even the income tax. I am all for eliminating all of them by having a consumption tax.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

My ilk doesn't support loopholes, deductions or credits or even the income tax. I am all for eliminating all of them by having a consumption tax.

Yea sure you do, and not surprised. But point of view is lost on your mindset.

20 or a 100 dollars to you does not mean the same spending power as those who make less.

A progressive tax is the only fair thing.

You have simply bought into the robbery meme of your ilk. You simply don't like losing an election.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You have

Brian37 wrote:

You have simply bought into the robbery meme of your ilk. You simply don't like losing an election.

Ok, first of all, if Beyond is referring to the "Fair Tax Plan", then people below the poverty line would pay ZERO taxes. And, second of all, if...actually, you're right about that--libertarian candidates rarely win elections.