Here is the true christianity

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is the true christianity

Here is an example of true christianity. It is why I say "faith" is not "fact" and why "faith" is both the strongest and weakest attribute of religious nature.

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/church-displays-relics-said-to-date-back-to-jesus%E2%80%99-birth?ocid=ansnews11

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
so close to the hindu

so close to the hindu concept of puja, yet most hindus, when pressed, will admit freely that no "god" is any more present in their image than anywhere else.  christians, however, are like carnival barkers.  "well, sir, don't ask, don't tell, that's what i say, blah blah blah..."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:"The Vatican has its

Quote:

"The Vatican has its own process to determine the authenticity of things,"

Yeah, it's called "lying".

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
MSN News wrote: Tiny

MSN News wrote:

Tiny fragments said to be from the manger that held the infant Jesus, the veil of his mother, Mary, and a thread from the cloak of St. Joseph will be displayed by a Roman Catholic church in Chicago when it celebrates its 155th anniversary on Sunday.

Can you get 3 DNA samples and see if Joseph was the real father?

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Antipatris wrote:
Quote:
"The Vatican has its own process to determine the authenticity of things,"

Yeah, it's called "lying".

"The Vatican has its own process to determine the authenticity of things," Boland said. "I'm more concerned with it as an object of faith."

Way, way back before I knew there was such a thing as atheist the RC shot itself in the foot for me. You are correct, lying. An openly stated criteria is if it inspires faith then it has passed one of the tests of authenticity. Apparently some one way back when assumed that only the real thing could inspire faith therefore if it inspired faith it was the real thing. It is a formal, legitimate, recognized test.

I was maybe ten when the "inspires faith" test was stated and defended to a kid who did not believe it was possible that was a real test. I was convinced that could not be correct. Sister Mary Buttcrack got very pissed when I refused to believe her no matter what she said. The priest was called in to tell me it was true. I still refused to believe it.

Best I can figure it was all a side effect of years of watching Mr. Wizard.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml