So what are you doing for the end of the world?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
So what are you doing for the end of the world?

I need some ideas rather than what I usually do on Friday nights.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Usually you get drunk at a

Usually you get drunk at a bar and then come back and drunk chat us.  Instead how about you get drunk in a Google hangout and show your face for the first time in history? 

http://www.rationalresponders.com/google_hangout_friday_night_est_solsticenonapocalypse

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
HOLY SHIT GUYS........I JUST

HOLY SHIT GUYS........I JUST TURNED ON THE NEWS..........IT'S TRUE........IT'S ALL TRUE.....THEY ARE ALL SAYING THE SAME THING........THE MAYAN PREDICTION IS FUCKING CRAP!

Well guys, I would hang out with you but have a work party to attend tonight. But I will be thinking of you heathens while I hang out with a variety of believers(nice people but  the women will be talking housewife stuff and the guys will be talking sports). That is fine for 5 minutes but mundane everyday talk gets boring.

Last night I attended my mom's retirement home party. One woman's daughter kept talking about what a pain in the ass it was to decorate her house. And all I could think was "Listen you stupid bitch at least you have a house".

Anywho, I do love my co-workers even if theism drives me nuts so hanging out with them isn't all bad. The lady's house, my co-worker, she is a liberal in some senses but a prude in other ways. So I've been teasing her about the party tonight saying things like "So, can I bring my beer bong?".....She says no and I say "I guess that means coke is out of the question, DAMN, you take all the fun out of it".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Staying at home and

Staying at home and working late into the night.

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm finding that staying

I'm finding that staying in with flu is really on trend right now... 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oddly enough

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

New Year's Eve in Sydney will be a bit like that. I spent the end of the world at a country pub. 

Tarana Hotel

It was most enjoyable. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll let you know if I'm

I'll let you know if I'm still around when the world ends.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Usually you

Sapient wrote:

Usually you get drunk at a bar and then come back and drunk chat us.  Instead how about you get drunk in a Google hangout and show your face for the first time in history? 

http://www.rationalresponders.com/google_hangout_friday_night_est_solsticenonapocalypse

she'd have to be the first chick to get drunk off shirley temples.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
DAMN IT, THE WORLD DIDN'T

DAMN IT, THE WORLD DIDN'T END AND MY PROPERTY TAX IS DUE! But if anyone has Skype and and video Skype and wants to see my fuggen pugly face, I'll be on tonight Briannrrs37 I think is my Skype name. I'd love to see some of you. Already saw Bob Spence, my world ended that day(He he he, he's going to pay me back for that remark).

Well, now that the world is continuing on, I guess I'll have to go back to work and pay my property tax.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Same thing we do every

"Same thing we do every night, Pinky..."

Actually, a big fat goose egg would better describe what I did last friday.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Her UserName reminds me of someone on another board ..

{Sapient wrote}

Sapient wrote:

Instead how about you get drunk in a Google hangout and show your (Cpt._Pineapple) face for the first time in history? 

I believe in right conduct so I would never want to spread any rumors. Although, there's this other board, I used to frequent, (of about 80% Atheists and 20% christians) that a member reminds me of Cpt_Pineapple. But, It couldnt be. Every-time I see her UserName I am reminded of a staunch evangelical christian mother of 2-3. Funny She had a similar UserName and ALWAYS had a pineapple as an Avatar. Hmmm, There isnt some alter¬echo we should know about ??? No!

p.s. -- You never did weigh-in on the eleven year who just wanted to go to church (old thread). Kidding. Please, You have my permission to tease me for suggesting this. Know I am totally kidding (I think) :¬