Amazon

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amazon

Just wanted to say if you would like to help out the site use the Amazon link you see advertised on the sidebar. The site gets a kickback for all purchases and with the holiday season here I'm sure all of us are doing shopping now and through out the year.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks very much for

Thanks very much for bringing that up.  This year we have our lowest affiliate total from Amazon so far, coming off our best year.  I normally have a public fundraiser at the end of every year, this year a few users helped cover enough costs that I didn't have to ask publicly for money.  I'm proud of that, but was hoping that we would get more purchasing from Amazon.  The affiliation with google ads has done much better... I expected the other way around.

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Are the ads on this site

Are the ads on this site pay per click or pay per view? I'm not sure many of us will be clicking the "muslim singles' banner I keep getting...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

Are the ads on this site pay per click or pay per view? I'm not sure many of us will be clicking the "muslim singles' banner I keep getting...

I was thinking similar thoughts...

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

Yes, they pay for each click. They set $x aside and the ad will show up until all their money is spent at which point google will switch it out for another ad it thinks is relevant. So be sure to check out all the hot burkhas. You might even see an ankle if you're lucky.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X