End of the world parties

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
End of the world parties

Everyone is planning their "end of the world" parties for next week when the world will supposedly end on the 21st. Here is the problem though, everyone is planning to have them ON the 21st, generally in the evening. Seems to me this is really poor planning because we don't know exactly what time the world is going to end. It would really suck to have a big party planned and then never get to have it because the world ended an hour before it started.

So here is my plan, I am going to party hard on the 20th, drink myself into a major hangover and then on the 21st I am going to the airport to go see my brother and his family in Mexico for Christmas. That way, when the end of the world comes I won't be sad about it. If the end of the world comes early I will be hung over in an airport buying $12 bloody mary as my hair of the dog. If the world ends at that moment I will welcome it with open arms. If the end of the world comes late I will already be in hell (mexico) so I probably won't even notice.

If you know when the world is going to end, don't plan on doing something fun at that moment, plan to be done having fun and in a condition where you want to die. Anyone here planning on attending any end of the world parties?  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 As the Mayans were very

As the Mayans were very accurate timekeepers, I'm fully expecting the end of the world to start at the international date line first and then sweep Westward at a reasonable pace for 24 hours, a bit like the Nothing in the never ending story.

As long as this happens, I think I can fly over to Thailand for a good beach party, just miss the apocalypse by hopping on a jet to Rome, get a few hours of bunga bunga in before high tailing it to Hawaii for a final round of cocktails as I watch the sun set for the last time. 

Can anyone lend me a supersonic jet for a day? Or a racing snail? (<-Neverending story in-joke there...)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Everyone is planning their "end of the world" parties for next week when the world will supposedly end on the 21st. Here is the problem though, everyone is planning to have them ON the 21st, generally in the evening. Seems to me this is really poor planning because we don't know exactly what time the world is going to end. It would really suck to have a big party planned and then never get to have it because the world ended an hour before it started.

So here is my plan, I am going to party hard on the 20th, drink myself into a major hangover and then on the 21st I am going to the airport to go see my brother and his family in Mexico for Christmas. That way, when the end of the world comes I won't be sad about it. If the end of the world comes early I will be hung over in an airport buying $12 bloody mary as my hair of the dog. If the world ends at that moment I will welcome it with open arms. If the end of the world comes late I will already be in hell (mexico) so I probably won't even notice.

If you know when the world is going to end, don't plan on doing something fun at that moment, plan to be done having fun and in a condition where you want to die. Anyone here planning on attending any end of the world parties?  

Didn't the world already end for you when Obama got re- elected?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
nope

No parties - and it will be my birthday.  Maybe I can swing dinner out.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well have a happy b-day

Well have a happy b-day cj. I'm off to see if I can survive the dual threats of the apocalypse and visiting family. It has been another fun year on the forums and I hope you all have safe and enjoyable holidays. See y'all next year. With that I am going to end my posts for the year on the nice round number of 3000 which satisfies the ocd in me. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:I have a

Really? 6:11am?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline