UN recognizes Palestinian state

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
UN recognizes Palestinian state

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
good for them?  i guess?i

good for them?  i guess?

i am so beyond giving a fuck about any of this.  all these assholes are so fucking stupid, such utter pieces of shit, what am i supposed to do?  believe shit will be better there now?

it will take some horrible catastrophe (not necessarily man-made) to make shit better there, and i've given up hope of that ever happening in any of our lifetimes.

fuck you, israelis.  fuck you, palestinians.  all of you fucking die or move to the moon or some shit.  we will be sooo much better off without you.  seriously.  i for one would be willing to do mad fundraising to find some way to attach rockets to your piece of fucking shit hunk of sand and launch it into space so you can all nuke each other there.

i hate all of you.  seriously, from the very deep marrow of my soul, my innermost fucking part, i literally, bitterly hate all of you. you insensitive, selfish, destructive, fucking useless bunch of dicksuckers.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Now to see Israel in the

Now to see Israel in the International Criminal Court

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Just got to do enough

Just got to do enough bombing and killing, then you can get respect and recognition.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 This recognition is

This recognition is actually a slap in the face for Palestine, not a recognition of legitimacy. Since the original partition agreements in 1947 granted the Palestinians 43% of Palestine land, while the Israeli colonists got 57%. Since then Israel has invaded and colonised large parts of the remaining Palestinian land - it's now only around 18% of the original territory. Frankly, the UN recognising this 18% in effect legitimises Israel's occupation of the territories they've taken in the last 50 years.

On a side note, I do find it interesting that nearly all the news links that get posted on this site originate from UK-based news sources, despite a predominantly US-based member count.. the joy of non-partisan news eh?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:On

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

On a side note, I do find it interesting that nearly all the news links that get posted on this site originate from UK-based news sources, despite a predominantly US-based member count.. the joy of non-partisan news eh?

Forget non-partisan, just the joy of news. It is difficult to find any major US news source that is reporting on anything relevant and probably 99.9% of US news is simply a slightly dressed up repeat of what was printed by AP or Reuters if they don't simply copy it word for word. Most journalists in the US today are either too lazy or too ignorant to do any kind of independent research. I don't think the BBC is significantly better but given the competition, you will learn more about what is going on in the world scanning them than major US news sources.    

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Forget

Beyond Saving wrote:

Forget non-partisan, just the joy of news. It is difficult to find any major US news source that is reporting on anything relevant and probably 99.9% of US news is simply a slightly dressed up repeat of what was printed by AP or Reuters if they don't simply copy it word for word. Most journalists in the US today are either too lazy or too ignorant to do any kind of independent research. I don't think the BBC is significantly better but given the competition, you will learn more about what is going on in the world scanning them than major US news sources.    

Pretty much so. Both CNN and Fox are more entertainment than anything else. Have been for quite some time. I don't care which celebrity is getting divorced, going into rehab, or what team is winning in sports.

I may not like or agree with the Drudge report, but near the bottom of the page is all the links to AP, Reuters, BBC and every other type of newspaper that you can imagine. I generally get most of my news from there.

I can scan the headlines and read the ones that seem interesting and ignore the ones that I do not. Same thing with my local newspaper, I read what I want and ignore the rest.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

GodsUseForAMosquito
User is offlineOffline
Unfortunately the BBC is

Unfortunately the BBC is hardly a paragon of virtue these days, with some fairly major recent scandals (the Jimmy Saville Paedophile coverup being merely the most recent), which causes the bizarre situation that it ends up investigating and reporting on itself.

We've also just had the report of the Leveson enquiry ( after our phone hacking scandals) Which has called for stronger independent regulation of the Press, which will hopefully be taken on board and enacted fairly soon (the current Press complaints commission is self-regulated and a total joke). 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: Just got to do

EXC wrote:

Just got to do enough bombing and killing, then you can get respect and recognition.

Israel got recognized in the late '40s - why are they still doing it?

Hint: It's not self-defense.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

Unfortunately the BBC is hardly a paragon of virtue these days, with some fairly major recent scandals (the Jimmy Saville Paedophile coverup being merely the most recent), which causes the bizarre situation that it ends up investigating and reporting on itself.

We've also just had the report of the Leveson enquiry ( after our phone hacking scandals) Which has called for stronger independent regulation of the Press, which will hopefully be taken on board and enacted fairly soon (the current Press complaints commission is self-regulated and a total joke). 

At least they do investigate and report on themselves - the US press has neither the smarts nor the stomach for that.

— George Carlin

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:EXC

jcgadfly wrote:

EXC wrote:

The more sucessful one is at the more land and resources you get.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly wrote:EXC

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

EXC wrote:

Right. appeal to the selfish side of evolution. Might makes right and money equals power.

Unfortunately that very childish base instinct is what drives our tribal species.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly wrote:EXC

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

EXC wrote:

In this case it would only be land (and it's useless land at that) - there are no resources to have.

— George Carlin

GodsUseForAMosquito
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Right. appeal

Brian37 wrote:

Right. appeal to the selfish side of evolution. 

What other side of evolution is there? Even the altruistic side is only altruistic for selfish reasons.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

Brian37 wrote:

Right. appeal to the selfish side of evolution. 

What other side of evolution is there? Even the altruistic side is only altruistic for selfish reasons.

+1

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson