light of truth

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
light of truth

My heart pains for each and every one of you.  You think that love is nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain, rather than the brain's chemical reaction is a response to what we call love.  You harden your hearts, and truely don't understand faith, nor belief.  If you would only truely open your hearts up to our Savior Jesus He will open Himself up to you.  The hatred in this world has blinded you from what is right and true.  Goodbye friends, I hope you see the light of truth someday.

GOD'S NOT DEAD! HE'S SURELY ALIVE! HE'S LIVING ON THE INSIDE, ROARING LIKE A LION!

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I was a hardcore christian

I was a hardcore christian for several years before I became an atheist. I know what being a christian is like.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Goodbye friends,

You're going then ? Considering the questions you leave unanswered, this seems more like running.

But okay, no hard feelings. Your insults didn't hurt me.

All the best.

Bye.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
We're not friends. You lied

We're not friends. You lied again. Keep that forgiveness stuff going, OK?

You seem to need to do it a lot.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:We're not

jcgadfly wrote:

We're not friends. You lied again. Keep that forgiveness stuff going, OK?

You seem to need to do it a lot.

I feel kinda sorry for this guy now. He was pretty weak sauce for an apologist. Couldn't handle much. You went really easy on him but he still cracked. 

Oh well..Next !

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I will be back.  Eventually.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I will

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I suggest you spend your time reading the bible.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline

double post. yay !

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do not count on it bub !!

Dont count on it bub !!

2 Tim. 3:9 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Do us the courtesy of keeping the same username and there will be less of a problem.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:My heart

JesusLovesYou wrote:

My heart pains for each and every one of you.  You think that love is nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain, rather than the brain's chemical reaction is a response to what we call love.  You harden your hearts, and truely don't understand faith, nor belief.  If you would only truely open your hearts up to our Savior Jesus He will open Himself up to you.  The hatred in this world has blinded you from what is right and true.  Goodbye friends, I hope you see the light of truth someday.

GOD'S NOT DEAD! HE'S SURELY ALIVE! HE'S LIVING ON THE INSIDE, ROARING LIKE A LION!

Adios amigos.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Goodbye

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Goodbye friends, I hope you see the light of truth someday.

And I hope you abandon your delusions someday.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You think that love is nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain, rather than the brain's chemical reaction is a response to what we call love.

Love is a word used to describe an emotional connection people feel. This feeling is likely caused by a series of chemical and electrical interactions that occur in response to memories and/or sensory stimuli.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Goodbye

Promise?

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Promise broken so quickly.

For the Schwarzenneger imitator contest?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh dear...

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Assertion, assertion, weird assertion with animist twist. Bring objective proofs for objective assertions another time. And safe travels, jesus lover. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

First off, God is not dead because he was not born because he does not exist. Just like Allah and Vishnue and thor were never born.

Secondly, you make blanket statements about hate. There are different contexts of that word and you falsely accuse us of hating fictional beings. Do you hate Mickey Mouse? But you would hate it if you had a friend who thought Mickey Mouse was real.

We do hate claims, but we do not hate everyone all the time merely because they might make a claim  we find absurd. I most certainly would hate it if someone went around claiming the earth was flat.

Your original post is nothing more than emotional blackmail. And on top of that is a self inflicted wound to your own life through your own wishful thinking. We are not lost puppies you need to save anymore than a Muslim could convince you that you are a lost puppy needing Allah.

We feel sorry for you in that you feel that an ancient book written by scientifically ignorant people is relevent in the modern world. To us when you talk about your god it is like trying to convince us that the sun itself is a god. This is not 329, it is 2012 and we have much better knowledge of the world.

There is no such thing as virgin births. Human flesh does not survive rigor mortis. Muslims wont get 72 virgins in a fictional non existant after life. There is no such thing as a multiple armed elephant god.  Joseph Smith did not find any golden tablets and mormons magic underwear is a stupid claim. Catholics wont get into a fictional heaven by eating unleven wafers symbolizing human flesh.

It is all superstition. It is when Muslims and Jews and Mormons do it, and you are not special either. Instead of crying in your supertition thinking it is the end of the world, which it is not, why not wake up and accept reality for what it is instead of pretending that it is something it will never be.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:

Dont count on it bub !!

2 Tim. 3:9 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

Is there no end to your amazing posts?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I shouldn't respond to this ridiculous post, but I get points for it.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
On that weird assertion ..

Atheistextremist wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Assertion, assertion, weird assertion with animist twist. Bring objective proofs for objective assertions another time.

Think: Lion's Roar (Sen ge sgra yi dgongs pa), C.S.-Lewis' Children's story-book character "the Lion" , or there is an OT reference you could have included, as the reference.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Something that is going to send me into a lake of fire for all eternity for not worshipping it and people who wish for that to happen to me and they call that love ?

Sorry, I am a whole lot more content understanding that love is a chemical reaction in the brain. If love comes from god, then where does hatred, bitterness, anger, jealousy, and all other negative emotions come from ?

You can't have it both ways and say that SOME emotions come from god and others come from man. (Well, technically religious people can do whatever they want because they make it all up as they go along).

As far as not truly understanding faith or belief, I used to be one of the most devout christians you would ever want to meet, I understand that fear based belief system where the magic man in the sky monitored my every thought and was always going to punish me (even though he loved me) quite well.

I'll take the scientific explanation for the love I feel for my girlfriend every day. For your information, we have a happy relationship and I don't need an Abrahamic god to tell me how to love either.

Go or stay, I really don't care.

As far as god's not dead, your taking that Nietzsche quote all out of context of what he wrote, it has nothing to do with god in a literal sense in Nietzsche's book.

Atheism is not about declaring god to be dead. I feel silly having to explain that to you.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Assertion, assertion, weird assertion with animist twist. Bring objective proofs for objective assertions another time.

Think: Lion's Roar (Sen ge sgra yi dgongs pa), C.S.-Lewis' Children's story-book character "the Lion" , or there is an OT reference you could have included, as the reference.

I thought the same

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Did JLY admit something he

Did JLY admit something he shouldn't have about what he worships?

1 Peter 5:8

"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am sure if someone can find the Youtube clip of the MAD TV spoof "The Greatst Action Story Ever Sold", post it here. My abacus cant handle video.But funny stuff. It has the Terminator going back in time to save Jesus. "Come with me if you want to live".

It really demonstrates the absurdity of the magic man Jesus. If you are going to swallow the bullshit of virgin births or magically curing the blind or surviving physical death, why not throw time travel in too?

I love it in that clip when the Terminator shoots Judas and Jesus shouts at him, "Why did you do that", "He betrayed you" "I KNOW!"  Jesus cures Judas and the Terminator shoots him again, "STOP KILLING JUDAS!"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject)

(No Subject)

View  Image

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
really now? are you serious? kindegarden dude

jcgadfly wrote:

"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

Nope, wrong again as always JC.

Hosea 5:4 For I [will be] unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, [even] I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue [him].

Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

You are not incorrect about the verse you chose, but you still have a problem with context, this time the context i was using.  The Bible uses the description of lion in a couple different contexts.  The context of lion in reference to Christ is that the lion is the king among earth dwelling animals, like Mufasa (yes i thought someone like you would understand a Lion King reference, i just barney styles your face). 

The context you are referring to is how a lion is a powerfully deadly hunter, much like the devil.

Both different contexts using the lion as a descriptive form, neither one of them wrong, nor contradictory.  The authors are using the different qualities of the lion to bring the poing across. 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well, that didn't take

Well, that didn't take long.

So are you back to finish what you started, or to pretend it never happened and start all over from the beginning ? 

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Well, that

Anonymouse wrote:

So are you back to finish what you started, or to pretend it never happened and start all over from the beginning ? 

i was merely pointing out his consistant misunderstanding of context.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Go home !!!

Do Go home !!!

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:  Do Go

danatemporary wrote:

Do Go home !!!

got 6 hours left. can't

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Right. So it's "pretend it never happened and start all over from the beginning".

Okay then. 

So do we get payed this time ? 

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Right. So it's "pretend it never happened and start all over from the beginning".

Okay then. 

So do we get payed this time ? 

pretend what? you all got pwned?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
He lives within your heart , correct ?

He lives within your heart, correct ?

JesusLovesYou wrote:

GOD'S NOT DEAD! HE'S SURELY ALIVE! HE'S LIVING ON THE INSIDE

You ask me how I know he lives, he lives within my heart . .

Reminds me of this song by only this isn't what your statement implies . . 

He's alive yes He's alive
Yes He's alive and I'm forgiven
Heaven's gates are open wide
Oh He's alive and I'm forgiven
He's alive and I'm forgiven
He's alive He's alive He's alive
I believe it He's alive
And just before the sunrise
I heard something at the wall
The gate began to rattle
And a voice began to call
I hurried to the window
Looked down into the street
Expecting swords and torches
And the sound of soldiers' feet

But there was no one there but Mary
So I went down to let her in
John stood there beside me
As she told me where she'd been
She said they might have moved Him in the night
And none of us knows where
The stone's been rolled away
And now His body isn't there

We both ran toward the garden
Then John ran on ahead
We found the stone and empty tomb
Just the way that Mary said
But the winding sheet they wrapped Him in
Was just an empty shell
And how or where they'd taken Him
Was more than I could tell

Oh something strange had happened there
Just what I did not know
John believed a miracle
But I just turned to go
Circumstance and speculation
Couldn't lift me very high
'Cause I'd seen them crucify him
Then I saw him die

Back inside the house again
The guilt and anguish came
Everything I'd promised Him
Just added to my shame
When at last it came to choices
I denied I knew His name
And even if He was alive
It wouldn't be the same

But suddenly the air was filled
With a strange and sweet perfume
Light that came from everywhere
Drove the shadows from the room
And Jesus stood before me
With his arms held open wide
And I fell down on my knees
And I just clung to Him and Cried!

I believe it He's alive

p.s. -- This is a route to engaging Sir Troll . . .

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:  He

danatemporary wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I believe it He's alive
The gate began to rattle
I hurried to the window

Then John ran on ahead
Was just an empty shell

Just what I did not know
John believed a miracle
But I just turned to go
Then I saw him die

Just added to my shame
I denied I knew His name
And even if He was alive
It wouldn't be the same

I believe it He's alive

I was quoting a Newsboys song.  Was going to their concert so was excited.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
One little 'mystery' solved

JesusLovesYou wrote:

One little 'mystery' solved Smiling

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
and im not trolling. just

and im not trolling. just pointing out how consistantly wrong JCGADFLY is.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:and im

JesusLovesYou wrote:

So you're just trolling him then. 

Okay.

Bye.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I am sure if

Brian37 wrote:

I am sure if someone can find the Youtube clip of the MAD TV spoof "The Greatst Action Story Ever Sold", post it here. My abacus cant handle video.But funny stuff. It has the Terminator going back in time to save Jesus. "Come with me if you want to live".

It really demonstrates the absurdity of the magic man Jesus. If you are going to swallow the bullshit of virgin births or magically curing the blind or surviving physical death, why not throw time travel in too?

I love it in that clip when the Terminator shoots Judas and Jesus shouts at him, "Why did you do that", "He betrayed you" "I KNOW!"  Jesus cures Judas and the Terminator shoots him again, "STOP KILLING JUDAS!"

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Dear Gaia save us

JesusLovesYou wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I believe it He's alive
The gate began to rattle
I hurried to the window

Then John ran on ahead
Was just an empty shell

Just what I did not know
John believed a miracle
But I just turned to go
Then I saw him die

Just added to my shame
I denied I knew His name
And even if He was alive
It wouldn't be the same

I believe it He's alive

Jesus Lover, those lyrics suck the toenails of long dead hyenas. You're a real 'feelings' person, aren't you. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Your obnoxious shit does get tiring. Like the tin man, you have no heart and like the scarecrow you have no brain. And like the roaring lion Dorethy will bat you on the snout and shut you up.
Juvenile metaphor is perhaps the lowest of the low. Roaring like a lion? Zulu kids used to kill them off as a rite of passage. The Romans exterminated both the Asian and European lion.

Rowdy Yates, Roarin', Roarin', Roarin', though the streams are swollen, Keep them angels rollin', Rawhide! If you don't like Rowdy Yates think Blues Brothers.

Do you not realize you have worn out what little welcome you ever had?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Three weeks ago you promised to stay away you lying piece of jesus shit.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You be Bach! And I'll be Beethoven.

Quote:

The theology of Christianity is satisfied by death in bed of old age after a long life and dozens of grandchildren. All the rest is production values. That is the whole point of Judas in the rock opera. Did you know your messy death would be a record breaker?!?

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Nope, wrong again as always JC.

Hosea 5:4 For I [will be] unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, [even] I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue [him]....

It is only a fucking lion you idiot. Or is it, only a lion you fuckign idiot? I always get them backwards. You get a gun and blow its ass out of the water. Next question. It is only a fucking animal. Zulu teenage boys eat them for lunch as a rite of passage and have for millenia.

Are you really so stupid you are impressed by a metaphor that likely has not made sense to humans for a million years?

www.ussliberty.org

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
This is my favourite verse

JesusLovesYou wrote:

When I read this I was transported back to Riverbend Christian Camp. The flying fox over Te Aute River. The singalongs. Spotlighting possums with my new Eveready electric torch. Sleeping bags. Oh, everything. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi AE

Re :: Hi AE

AE

My sincerest hope is those were 'good memories' at camp. Yup!

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Dana, the conversion rate was strangely high...

Flying Fox

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssss!!!!!!!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:and im

JesusLovesYou wrote:

awww. I have my own troll who cherry picks scripture while claiming he knows it.

Should I feel special that you've dedicated your life to being my chew toy? Because waiting for you to show me how wrong I am is getting boring.

After all, in your attempts to show me how little I understand context you have to completely mangle content.

Oh well, you may have buggered of by now so I'm not too worried about a response.

— George Carlin

Professor
Theist
User is offlineOffline
"Jesus Loves You" (I Forget the name of the forum already)

Knowing the God of the universe as He reveals Himself in the Bible and in Jesus Christ is worth dying for. What do you think is worth dying for?

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
God of the universe? The one

God of the universe? The one that orders the death of millions, who creates and then kills of his creation for being imperfect? that god, that one is worth dying? jesus is not worth dying for either. Depending on your view about his divinity he is the same as the god that has no issues killing 42 children for calling a guy bald, ordering women to be killed and if they are pregnant to have the fetus ripped from the womb. Just want to make sure this is the god you are talking about. Because if it is, not worth dying for and not worth worshiping

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Professor wrote: Knowing the

Professor wrote:
Knowing the God of the universe as He reveals Himself in the Bible and in Jesus Christ is worth dying for. What do you think is worth dying for?

What is that supposed to mean ?

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Professor
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Light of Truth

Everyone deserves death. We are all sinners. God is Holy and cannot tolerate sin.

Professor
Theist
User is offlineOffline
"I Was a Hardcore Christian"

WHAT IS A HARDCORE CHRISTIAN?