Vintage Jesus

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vintage Jesus

I challenge each and every one of you to go to Marshill.com and check out the Vintage Jesus series or even some of the Luke series.  Your minds will be BLOWN! Mark Driscoll tells it like it truely is!

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

blacklight915 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I never said Driscoll was lying.  Driscoll has never done anything but preach absolute truth.

Anonymouse wrote:

His claim is that atheism leads to depression. That is a simple, bald faced lie.

So, JLY, you believe the claim "atheism leads to depression" is "absolute truth"?  If you don't, you lied. If you do, you're severely deluded.

 

you atheists can't distinguish the difference between an lie and an opinion.

And you're playing fast and loose with your definition of the "absolute truth". You must've asked forgiveness recently.

Driscoll "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" but when he makes a demonstrably wrong statement from the pulpit well, "that 's just his opinion". Indeed, I'm a living counterexample. I was put on anti-depressants at the recommendation of a Christian counselor. Got of them as an atheist and feel worlds better.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
blacklight915

blacklight915 wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

If TW doesn't mind, I'd be interested to see that.

Well, if he doesn't respond within a week, I'm going to post it whether he likes it not. While I do hope he doesn't mind, I'm getting really sick of him ignoring anything I ask/send him.

 

 

Speaking as someone who waited over 4 years for a certain christian on this board to answer one single, easy question....don't hold your breath, and don't let it affect your mood.


 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:And you're

jcgadfly wrote:

And you're playing fast and loose with your definition of the "absolute truth". You must've asked forgiveness recently.

Driscoll "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" but when he makes a demonstrably wrong statement from the pulpit well, "that 's just his opinion".

 

Good catch. I didn't even notice that one.

So many theist lies, so little time...


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:jcgadfly

Anonymouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

And you're playing fast and loose with your definition of the "absolute truth". You must've asked forgiveness recently.

Driscoll "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" but when he makes a demonstrably wrong statement from the pulpit well, "that 's just his opinion".

 

Good catch. I didn't even notice that one.

So many theist lies, so little time...

you are an oxymoron

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

And you're playing fast and loose with your definition of the "absolute truth". You must've asked forgiveness recently.

Driscoll "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" but when he makes a demonstrably wrong statement from the pulpit well, "that 's just his opinion".

 

Good catch. I didn't even notice that one.

So many theist lies, so little time...

you are an oxymoron

and you've been called on your bullcrap.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

And you're playing fast and loose with your definition of the "absolute truth". You must've asked forgiveness recently.

Driscoll "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" but when he makes a demonstrably wrong statement from the pulpit well, "that 's just his opinion".

 

Good catch. I didn't even notice that one.

So many theist lies, so little time...

you are an oxymoron

and you've been called on your bullcrap.

 

you are disgusting...i would never handle bull's crap

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:you are

JesusLovesYou wrote:

you are an oxymoron

?? What ??

 

Look, a person you claim "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" got caught lying.

 

Using yet another word you apparently don't know the meaning of isn't going to get you out of this.

 

So are you going to explain yourself or not ? Why doesn't it matter to you that this Driscol person is simply lying ? 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:you are

JesusLovesYou wrote:

you are disgusting...i would never handle bull's crap

WHAT ????????

 

I have to explain this ? Really ? "Bullcrap" is a polite version of "bullshit". He should have used "baloney" maybe ? 

 

JC is living proof that Driscol's claim is nonsense, and you're going to ignore that just because he said "bullcrap" instead of "baloney" ??? 

 

Stop dodging !

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

And you're playing fast and loose with your definition of the "absolute truth". You must've asked forgiveness recently.

Driscoll "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" but when he makes a demonstrably wrong statement from the pulpit well, "that 's just his opinion".

 

Good catch. I didn't even notice that one.

So many theist lies, so little time...

you are an oxymoron

and you've been called on your bullcrap.

 

you are disgusting...i would never handle bull's crap

You're too busy handling Christian apologetics - a substance much more foul.

manure at least has some uses - Christian apologetics doesn't.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

you are an oxymoron

?? What ??

 

Look, a person you claim "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" got caught lying.

 

Using yet another word you apparently don't know the meaning of isn't going to get you out of this.

 

So are you going to explain yourself or not ? Why doesn't it matter to you that this Driscol person is simply lying ? 

Driscoll is NOT lying...He is stating his well infomed position, based on your god, Richard Dawkins

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

you are an oxymoron

?? What ??

 

Look, a person you claim "does nothing but preach the absolute truth" got caught lying.

 

Using yet another word you apparently don't know the meaning of isn't going to get you out of this.

 

So are you going to explain yourself or not ? Why doesn't it matter to you that this Driscol person is simply lying ? 

Driscoll is NOT lying...He is stating his well infomed position, based on your god, Richard Dawkins

His "well-informed" position is garbage. The only difference between you and him is that he likely knows his position is garbage and he said it for the "Amens" and the cash.

Since you have nothing else you had to go out and bring up the "Dawkins is the atheists' God" chestnut.  No one here worships Dawkins (though unlike you many of us have read his works).

Since you said this with the sole intent of getting a rise out of people you must also know that this is a lie as well.  Go get forgiveness so you can come back and lie some more, ok?

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Driscoll

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Driscoll is NOT lying...He is stating his well infomed position, based on your god, Richard Dawkins

 

Then give me the quote where dawkins (who's a perfectly normal human being, btw) says that being an atheist will cause you to become clinically depressed, cut yourself, etc...

Go ahead, look for it. Driscol doesn't have it. 

He made the connection by lying.

 

Btw, his interpretation of the Bertram Russel quote contains another bald faced lie.

Did you notice ? Or do I have to spell it out for you ? 

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Driscoll is NOT lying...He is stating his well infomed position, based on your god, Richard Dawkins

 

Then give me the quote where dawkins (who's a perfectly normal human being, btw) says that being an atheist will cause you to become clinically depressed, cut yourself, etc...

Go ahead, look for it. Driscol doesn't have it. 

He made the connection by lying.

 

Btw, his interpretation of the Bertram Russel quote contains another bald faced lie.

Did you notice ? Or do I have to spell it out for you ? 

 

You are throwing the word lie around way too much, you mistake it's meaning.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:You are

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are throwing the word lie around way too much, you mistake it's meaning.

Oh, you wish :

To lie is to deliver a false statement to another person which the speaking person knows is not the whole truth, intentionally.

 

Then I guess I have to spell it out for you : You want to prove Driscol isn't a liar ? 

 

Then find me a Bertram Russel quote where he denies the existence of altruism, or that dawkins quote I asked for.


 

If you can't do that, then the jig is up. Driscol went up in front of a crowd and lied for money. 

 

If you really believe your own sermons, then you now know you'll be meeting him in hell.

 

Oh and another thing : Yes, Driscol lies a lot, but how is that my fault ? I'm just supposed to let him ? 


 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Driscoll is NOT lying...He is stating his well infomed position, based on your god, Richard Dawkins

 

Then give me the quote where dawkins (who's a perfectly normal human being, btw) says that being an atheist will cause you to become clinically depressed, cut yourself, etc...

Go ahead, look for it. Driscol doesn't have it. 

He made the connection by lying.

 

Btw, his interpretation of the Bertram Russel quote contains another bald faced lie.

Did you notice ? Or do I have to spell it out for you ? 

 

You are throwing the word lie around way too much, you mistake it's meaning.

Given your mistaking of the meaning of "absolute truth" you have no room to talk.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Driscoll is NOT lying...He is stating his well infomed position, based on your god, Richard Dawkins

 

Then give me the quote where dawkins (who's a perfectly normal human being, btw) says that being an atheist will cause you to become clinically depressed, cut yourself, etc...

Go ahead, look for it. Driscol doesn't have it. 

He made the connection by lying.

 

Btw, his interpretation of the Bertram Russel quote contains another bald faced lie.

Did you notice ? Or do I have to spell it out for you ? 

 

You are throwing the word lie around way too much, you mistake it's meaning.

Given your mistaking of the meaning of "absolute truth" you have no room to talk.

I have the utmost understanding of what absolute truth is.  Its you atheists and your sinful agenda do not understand absolute truth.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:As a result

Anonymouse wrote:

As a result of having beeen a primary caregiver to a severely depressed person since I was 11, I know more about depression than Driscol ever will.

Yeah, being the only person in your family actively trying to keep your mom from killing herself. Hilarious.

I'm really sorry you had to go through that.   It seems like you're doing much better now, though. 

 

Anonymouse wrote:

Speaking as someone who waited over 4 years for a certain christian on this board to answer one single, easy question....don't hold your breath, and don't let it affect your mood.

I won't, thank you.   I originally messaged him because I found his behavior puzzling and wanted to understand it better. I'm hoping to gain some insight by posting our conversation and reading people's comments and responses.

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

you are disgusting...i would never handle bull's crap

I would rather handle a bull's crap than lie to and/or about people.

 

 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
blacklight915 wrote:I'm

blacklight915 wrote:

I'm really sorry you had to go through that.   It seems like you're doing much better now, though. 
 

Thanks. I had a lot of friends to help me though that. Also there's a support group for young caregivers of mental patients. Those people helped as well. 

 

blacklight915 wrote:
I originally messaged him because I found his behavior puzzling and wanted to understand it better.

 

That's what they never seem to get. We're asking questions because we want answers. Not because we want to make them look foolish.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I have

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I have the utmost understanding of what absolute truth is.  Its you atheists and your sinful agenda do not understand absolute truth.

 

Then give me the quotes.

 

Give me the quotes, or according to you, Driscol goes to hell, right along with you. (Or did you think I forgot you lied about having experience with my sex life ?)


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Driscoll

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Driscoll is NOT lying...He is stating his well infomed position, based on your god, Richard Dawkins

Lololol, you are such a LIAR!  Anonymouse has told you several times that he/she does not think of Richard Dawkins as anything but another human being!  You're making stuff up again, JLY, and about Anonymouse too!  You really should apologize...

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Driscoll is NOT lying...He is stating his well infomed position, based on your god, Richard Dawkins

 

Then give me the quote where dawkins (who's a perfectly normal human being, btw) says that being an atheist will cause you to become clinically depressed, cut yourself, etc...

Go ahead, look for it. Driscol doesn't have it. 

He made the connection by lying.

 

Btw, his interpretation of the Bertram Russel quote contains another bald faced lie.

Did you notice ? Or do I have to spell it out for you ? 

 

You are throwing the word lie around way too much, you mistake it's meaning.

Given your mistaking of the meaning of "absolute truth" you have no room to talk.

I have the utmost understanding of what absolute truth is.  Its you atheists and your sinful agenda do not understand absolute truth.

You haven't shown it yet. I guess you must be lying again. It's forgiveness time again for you. Come back and lie to us again.

Repentance my glutes.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Repentance my

jcgadfly wrote:

Repentance my glutes.

 

That's disgusting. He would never handle glutes. 

(lol, I'm sorry ! I'm sorry !)

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:jcgadfly

Anonymouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Repentance my glutes.

 

That's disgusting. He would never handle glutes. 

(lol, I'm sorry ! I'm sorry !)

 

It's OK - I don't want him handling my glutes either. Eye-wink

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
Posts: 143
Joined: 2011-11-30
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote: You can't

TWD39 wrote:
 

You can't prove that Jesus was fictional.  OTOH, thousands of miracles and healings, fullfilled prophecies, and changes lives suggests otherwise.  A former pastor of mine saw an angel come and lift a tractor off his pinned leg.  How do you explain that one?

 

TWD39 wrote:

I've had supernatural experiences myself.  Did I make that up?  Am I lying to myself?  If God speaks to me and another Christian receives the same word, how is it possible that two people received the exact same delusional thought in their mind?  This happens all the time in the Christian church.  

 

The more rational explanation is that God really exists and works in people's lives.  Amazing things happen when you obey God and don't live a life of sin.

Last week, Thor came to me in person and told me that Jesus is not, and never was real. I asked him why he told me this, and he said it's because I have been doing a good job following his teachings, and that he only reveals himself to those he deems worthy.

How do you explain that one?


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Thanks. I

Anonymouse wrote:

Thanks. I had a lot of friends to help me though that. Also there's a support group for young caregivers of mental patients. Those people helped as well.

I'm glad you were able to get help and support.  

 

Anonymouse wrote:

That's what they never seem to get. We're asking questions because we want answers. Not because we want to make them look foolish.

Maybe the reason so many theists on this board don't get it, is because they do the opposite: the reason they ask questions IS to make us look foolish, rather than to get answers.

 

To TWD39: I'm going to post the conversation tomorrow morning. If you don't want me to, I suggest you respond.

 

 


GodsUseForAMosquito
ModeratorBronze Member
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
Posts: 404
Joined: 2008-08-27
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Faith is

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Faith is a major factor, however fundamentalism plays a factor in depression too.  I used to be in a fundamental pentecostal church before i started going to Harvest.  Fundamentalism is selfish, egotystical, and wrong.  Every single one of my fundamentalist friends rejected me upon my courtship of my wife.  True relationship to Christ is what brings one through, not "church rules"

Funny....a religiously fundamentalist christian, and a religiously fundamental atheist

 

Ticks off "no True scotsman" from his fallacies list.


Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
Posts: 227
Joined: 2010-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Damn, I thought this was

Damn, I thought this was going to be a thread about where to sell your vintage Jesus on ebay.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5098
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I thought

 

 

it was going to be drinking 2000+ year old vintage wine/blood from the vampire arms of JCratz...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck