Obama gets four more years

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Obama gets four more years

 Yah!  Obama wins!  Elizabeth Warren wins.  And the crazy Christian lunatics Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock lose.  It's a good night for America!

 

Warren win is big wall street loss.

Quote:
Warren has been an outspoken critic of the banking industry and a proponent of tougher regulation, and that industry fears she will carry that criticism to the Senate. Warren dreamed up, helped establish and temporarily ran the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the post-crisis watchdog for customers of banks and other financial services.

 

Tammy Baldwin is first openly gay Senator in US history.

Quote:
Tammy Baldwin, long a voice for economic justice, peace, and equality for all, has just been elected the first openly-lesbian U.S. Senator in American history.

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
HE WON HE WON HE WON!!!!YES

HE WON HE WON HE WON!!!!

YES !!!!


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2402
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
whoa nelly!!!

                       Not official yet digital..... but geting close;                         it's 11:21 and Jon Stewart just declared Obama the winner. Now waiting on lagit News outlets.

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

                       Not official yet digital..... but geting close;                         it's 11:21 and Jon Stewart just declared Obama the winner. Now waiting on lagit News outlets.

 

 

CNN confirmed it

 

 


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2402
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Jeffrick

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

                       Not official yet digital..... but geting close;                         it's 11:21 and Jon Stewart just declared Obama the winner. Now waiting on lagit News outlets.

 

 

CNN confirmed it

 

 

 

 

                    Got it.  Yeah Obama.   My local feeds of CBS  NBC  ABC are tuned to the local {Buffalo} results.

 

                          Whats faux got to say about it.

 

 

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Obama gets four more years

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/main?hpt=hp_t2_6

 

At least I hope he wins since if he doesn't I'll look like an idiot with this topic

 

HERE IS THE THREAD FOR THE OBAMA ELECTION RESULT.

 

 

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Well... almost a perfect run

Well... almost a perfect run for my views. Now it is to the lawyers to fight the amendments.

As for the popular vote, as California rolls in with the 32million voters, Obama will pass Mr. Douchebag for popular vote!!!

 

HAHAHAHAHAHA... has any one watched FOX? LOL... pooop on them!! They are crying.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
 I'm watching Fox a little.

 I'm watching Fox a little.  Just saw Karl Rove set up the notion that Romney might actually win this.  Next he'll set up the legal battle.  

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 I saw Karl scrambling as

 I saw Karl scrambling as well but the 2 other talking heads were disagreeing with him.

 

Ryan unfortunately isn't a total loser. He wons his seat in the house by a 58% margin at this point with 62% of the votes in. I don't know why we allow one person to run for two offices at the same time.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: I saw

ex-minister wrote:

 I saw Karl scrambling as well but the 2 other talking heads were disagreeing with him.

 

Ryan unfortunately isn't a total loser. He wons his seat in the house by a 58% margin at this point with 62% of the votes in. I don't know why we allow one person to run for two offices at the same time.

That's a double edged sword and all the parties know it.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
That's a relief

 

 

I would have voted democrat was I a 'merican. 

Hope the Prez gets numbers enough to do the things that need doing. 

Nice hell boy avatar, Brian. First time I've seen it...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Florida is definitely Obama.

Florida is definitely Obama. I don't get why the don't call it. Heck, Virginia is a much closer race.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 They don't call it unless

 They don't call it unless they know the balance of cities/counties are predominantly one party. 

 

Florida 91% votes in but only about 50k separates the two.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 Virginia 89% in and again

 Virginia 89% in and again about 50k divided the two.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 Ohio 82% in and only 10k

 Ohio 82% in and only 10k divide the two, but they have called it for Obama. Must be they know the rest of the districts will go for Obama.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: They

ex-minister wrote:

 They don't call it unless they know the balance of cities/counties are predominantly one party. 

 

Florida 91% votes in but only about 50k separates the two.

I'm monitoring all the counties. Obama won. There is no way mathematically that he can catch Obama.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Nice

Atheistextremist wrote:

Nice hell boy avatar, Brian. First time I've seen it...

Thanks.  The guy that took the picture "Luigi Novi" insisted I put his name on it as he copyrighted the image.  So someone edited it within fair use laws.  I would've loved to use the original version but I can't help the fact that Luigi Novi is a douchebag and wouldn't grant me permission.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Nice hell boy avatar, Brian. First time I've seen it...

Thanks.  The guy that took the picture "Luigi Novi" insisted I put his name on it as he copyrighted the image.  So someone edited it within fair use laws.  I would've loved to use the original version but I can't help the fact that Luigi Novi is a douchebag and wouldn't grant me permission.

 

Yeah the horns did it for me. The original was good, but this is better.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Obama has now offically

Obama has now offically passed Mr. Douchebag for the popular vote!

 

(edit)

 

Obama now has Virginia!!!

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
LMAO The MSN site

LMAO

 

The MSN site overloaded. Every one wins!

 

http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2012/florida/president/#.UJn1fmeN7Tr

 

(edit)

 

Never mind they seem to have fixed it.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 OMFSMVirginia was just

 OMFSM

Virginia was just called for Obama.

He has 303 Electoral votes.

I didn't expect that.

My mother went to vote for Romney and she gave up because the line was too long. I can tease her now.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister

ex-minister wrote:

 OMFSM

Virginia was just called for Obama.

He has 303 Electoral votes.

I didn't expect that.

My mother went to vote for Romney and she gave up because the line was too long. I can tease her now.

LOL.

That's funny.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
 http://www.theonion.com/art

 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-want-to-congratulate-the-president-romney-says-i,30283/

'I Want To Congratulate The President,' Romney Says In 240,000th And Final Lie Of Campaign

BOSTON—While delivering his concession speech at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center Tuesday night, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney uttered the 240,000th and final lie of his 2012 campaign when he offered his “sincere congratulations” to President Barack Obama. “This has been a hard-fought and closely contested campaign, and while we’ve had our share of disagreements, there has always been a great deal of respect and admiration between myself and the president,” said Romney, concluding 17 months’ worth of manipulative falsehoods, half-truths, and outright fabrications with one last bald-faced lie. “Tonight, the American people made their voices heard. And now I urge every one of my supporters to set aside their differences with my opponent and join me in standing behind our president, so that we all may come together in a spirit of understanding and cooperation to build a better America.” Romney then concluded his speech by expressing his thanks for the tireless efforts of his campaign team, marking the 12th and final true statement of his nearly six-year-long White House run.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4621
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
  Huh, well I'm surprised.

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:  Huh,

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

Beyond, I'd like to point out a new recipe for crow. complete with a side plate of kick ass.

All kidding aside, Being a Redskins fan I am so glad Obama won. I am so sick of that win loss superstion they sell every election. That Skins loss and Obama win is worth the 3-6 season just to shut the nuts up.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

Beyond, I'd like to point out a new recipe for crow. complete with a side plate of kick ass.

All kidding aside, Being a Redskins fan I am so glad Obama won. I am so sick of that win loss superstion they sell every election. That Skins loss and Obama win is worth the 3-6 season just to shut the nuts up.

lol. that's a good one. I can't wait to talk to one of my best friends today. He's a HUGE Redskin fan.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Well with 47k+ of votes for

Well with 47k+ of votes for Obama, there can't possibly be that much in absentee ballots. 100% of the precincts reporting in. Come on. Florida is Obama!

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
Posts: 143
Joined: 2011-11-30
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

                          Whats faux got to say about it.

I heard they were actually the first to project his victory. I think this was the case as of 11:00 or so EST. Well, everyone but Karl Rove. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:  Huh,

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

don't worry - you've lost nothing in this.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Beyond Saving

jcgadfly wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

don't worry - you've lost nothing in this.

Come on JC, he has every right to worry. Now that that black secret Muslim commie has won  ONCE AGAIN there is nothing stopping us Stalin loving nanny state huggers from knocking down his door and stripping him of his wallet and taking away his private business.

MUEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We're here Beyond , our cooties are spreading and there is no escape!

To quote the cerial killer in "Silence Of The Lambs" "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
I was part of the 41% that

I was part of the 41% of Texans that voted for Obama.  Four more years, Mr. President.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:I was part of

Watcher wrote:

I was part of the 41% of Texans that voted for Obama.  Four more years, Mr. President.

Don't give up on Texas. 41% isn't a joke and that number for that state is amazing and a sign of progress. Keep your voice up in that state every day as much as you can. It will become a swing state given time. You owe it at least to the sane city of Austin.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4621
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:jcgadfly

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

don't worry - you've lost nothing in this.

Come on JC, he has every right to worry. Now that that black secret Muslim commie has won  ONCE AGAIN there is nothing stopping us Stalin loving nanny state huggers from knocking down his door and stripping him of his wallet and taking away his private business.

MUEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We're here Beyond , our cooties are spreading and there is no escape!

To quote the cerial killer in "Silence Of The Lambs" "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose".

Nah, I'm not worried, I am confident in my ability to take care of myself whatever D.C. does and I don't rely on anyone else for my job or my income. It is the rest of you that will be whining about companies not hiring fast enough or paying enough money. No doubt you will blame me for it, but I will point out that not a single person I voted for got more than 5% of the vote. 

The 2014 election should be interesting because I am sure that Bama will be blaming the House for "obstructing" his brilliant plans and the house will be blaming Bama for everything. I wonder if it will look like another 2010 or if the dems will take over and have another two years of complete control? 

The benefit is that there is a small chance Bama might sign a law legalizing internet poker, there was probably no chance of Romney doing so. And if he does that I don't really care how much he fucks everything else up. Probably the most irritating thing is that I will have to put up with Michelle Obama running her fat ass around on my cooking shows and telling me to eat healthy. I hate when people tell me how to eat.

Right now I'm going to go roast myself up a little crow kabob with a few shots of Wild Turkey.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
RobbyPants wrote:Jeffrick

RobbyPants wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

                          Whats faux got to say about it.

I heard they were actually the first to project his victory. I think this was the case as of 11:00 or so EST. Well, everyone but Karl Rove. 

Karl Rove is a douche.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:jcgadfly

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

don't worry - you've lost nothing in this.

Come on JC, he has every right to worry. Now that that black secret Muslim commie has won  ONCE AGAIN there is nothing stopping us Stalin loving nanny state huggers from knocking down his door and stripping him of his wallet and taking away his private business.

You forgot black secret muslim commie socialist marxist racist liar with out a US birth certificate and radical

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:jcgadfly

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

don't worry - you've lost nothing in this.

Come on JC, he has every right to worry. Now that that black secret Muslim commie has won  ONCE AGAIN there is nothing stopping us Stalin loving nanny state huggers from knocking down his door and stripping him of his wallet and taking away his private business.

MUEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We're here Beyond , our cooties are spreading and there is no escape!

To quote the cerial killer in "Silence Of The Lambs" "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose".

But he won't lose any money... Obama has been as nice to rich folk as Romney wanted to be.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4621
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Brian37

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

don't worry - you've lost nothing in this.

Come on JC, he has every right to worry. Now that that black secret Muslim commie has won  ONCE AGAIN there is nothing stopping us Stalin loving nanny state huggers from knocking down his door and stripping him of his wallet and taking away his private business.

MUEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We're here Beyond , our cooties are spreading and there is no escape!

To quote the cerial killer in "Silence Of The Lambs" "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose".

But he won't lose any money... Obama has been as nice to rich folk as Romney wanted to be.

 

I'm nowhere near rich enough to afford Obama. Pretty sure there is a 0% chance of Obama ever coming to bail me out if I go bankrupt and a 0% chance of him giving me a $500 million loan for me to squander. When it comes to cronyism I am definitely in the out group. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:jcgadfly

Beyond Saving wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

don't worry - you've lost nothing in this.

Come on JC, he has every right to worry. Now that that black secret Muslim commie has won  ONCE AGAIN there is nothing stopping us Stalin loving nanny state huggers from knocking down his door and stripping him of his wallet and taking away his private business.

MUEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We're here Beyond , our cooties are spreading and there is no escape!

To quote the cerial killer in "Silence Of The Lambs" "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose".

But he won't lose any money... Obama has been as nice to rich folk as Romney wanted to be.

 

I'm nowhere near rich enough to afford Obama. Pretty sure there is a 0% chance of Obama ever coming to bail me out if I go bankrupt and a 0% chance of him giving me a $500 million loan for me to squander. When it comes to cronyism I am definitely in the out group. 

You tout the Koch brothers and pine for a third party support from them  and you want to lecture me about cronyism? The more you talk the more you make a complete joke of yourself.

Ever since we started our debate on economics years ago your attitude has never changed. The attitude that non business owners are all evil and out to get you, and we couldn't possibly know what is best for us and only you have the right to decide that for all of us and cry foul when we merely use the same voting booth you do.

Nothing short of sour grapes and just as childish as a theist crying about "Christian nation" garbage.

Do yourself a favor, when you want to treat the Koch brothers like a Playboy pinnup cneterfoild, do it behind closed doors, because your ego isn''t as big as you think.

You lost an ellection, get over it. The world wont end so stop acting like a childish brat when you don't always get what you want.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Has any one looked at the

Has any one looked at the areas where Romney and Obama got the votes?

In Florida Romney got only rural areas, cow pastures, strawberry farmers and celery growers. He failed to capture the major cities, except Jacksonville which is heavily dependent on the military/Navy. Tampa, Orlando and Miami all went to Obama. The three top Democratic counties out number voters in the top ten Republican counties, which gave Obama more votes; 1.4 million to 1.2 million.

As I look at the national map it appears to be the same, except for Texas.

Obama took seven of the top ten most populated states, fifteen of the top twenty.

 

 

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4621
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You tout the

Brian37 wrote:

You tout the Koch brothers and pine for a third party support from them  and you want to lecture me about cronyism? The more you talk the more you make a complete joke of yourself.

Yeah, and the main reason I support a third party is because both the republicans and the democrats have been subject to substantial amounts of cronyism. I fail to see how my stance is anything other than the logical conclusion to my premise. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Ever since we started our debate on economics years ago your attitude has never changed. The attitude that non business owners are all evil and out to get you, and we couldn't possibly know what is best for us and only you have the right to decide that for all of us and cry foul when we merely use the same voting booth you do.

Nothing short of sour grapes and just as childish as a theist crying about "Christian nation" garbage.

Where did I ever suggest non-business owners are evil? Where did I cry foul? In fact my response was the opposite. I said 

me wrote:

I'm not worried, I am confident in my ability to take care of myself whatever D.C. does and I don't rely on anyone else for my job or my income.

Hardly sounds like crying. Certainly far less so than your "end of the world" post would have been had Romney won. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Do yourself a favor, when you want to treat the Koch brothers like a Playboy pinnup cneterfoild, do it behind closed doors, because your ego isn''t as big as you think.

??? Where have I ever treated the Koch brothers like a Playboy centerfold? As you pointed out in your own post, the last thing I did was criticize them for selling out to Romney. Not terribly surprised about it, but a little disappointed. As it turns out, all the money they gave to Romney was wasted so they might as well have supported the libertarians.  

 

Brian37 wrote:

You lost an ellection, get over it. The world wont end so stop acting like a childish brat when you don't always get what you want.

Please show me where I was ever childish. I will move on and adjust my life to profit the most from an Obama presidency for another four years. I am nothing if not flexible to changing economic conditions and will provide for myself and the people I care about no matter what. You got your victory, enjoy it, I believe it is a Pyrrhic victory and I also believe that you are so devoted to your cause that you blame anyone and everyone other than Obama.

I wouldn't want to be in the position of counting on social security and government funded healthcare because unless Obama governs radically differently than he did his first four years, our government is going to have that much more of a difficult time funding its promises. That will be a problem for people like you who are planning on receiving benefits from the government. Since I don't rely on government to meet any of my basic needs I will only be indirectly impacted when our government is forced to implement austerity measures like they have needed to do throughout Europe. The main impact on me will stem from potential property damage when people like you riot in the streets because you aren't getting the benefits promised to you. Assuming that by then I haven't decided to cash out and retire.

If you want socialism you have to pay for it. There are plenty of countries that have broad social programs and have budgets that are more or less balanced, so it is possible. Obama has shown no indication that he cares to pay for everything he promises. So instead of following the models of Australia, Canada or the Netherlands, we are following the examples of Greece, Spain and Portugal. On its current path, it is predictable that our government will run out of money, the question is when and it appears that it is going to happen in a few decades rather than later. Perhaps we will get some fiscal responsibility in 2016 which will save us from going all the way down that path, but it will be that much harder for the next president with an extra $4-$5 trillion in debt to deal with.

In the short term, life in the US is going to become more expensive to maintain our current standard of living. This doesn't harm me so much because I don't use most of my income to live on. If my electric bill goes up I don't have to change my lifestyle to pay it. It will hurt people like you as your income will continue to stagnate and your bills will continue to inflate. So don't worry about me, I will be just fine. You should be worried about yourself because all the stuff you believe you are going to get for "free" isn't free any more than you are going to inherit that $100 million from your long lost uncle in Nigeria when you send them your bank account number. Sooner or later, we have to pay the bill and you are foolish to believe that the bill is going to be paid by the rich alone. You might not have to pay it directly through taxes, but you will pay it indirectly through some combination of inflation, lower wages and perhaps an unplanned cut in your promised benefits. The costs might be hidden but in the end TANSTAAFL.   

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3254
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
NPR had some good stuff on

NPR had some good stuff on the Republican part and how the Koch brothers have pretty much bought Missouri. They went in, spent a few million dollars at the local level and kicked out the moderate Republican party members. They have gone on to work this same strategy in other states but their plan appears to be converting each state one by one over to a more extremist point of view.

Moderate Republicans who are willing to work with the other sides are now getting the boot. While their movement is a minority, it is large enough to cause pains at all levels of politics. They can slow down progress and make helping the country for the greater good if they don't get want they ask for; basically holding America hostage.

It's creepy. Really, really creepy.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Shut up Beyond. Your hollow

Shut up Beyond. Your hollow threats don't work anymore. Our wages have stagnated not because of anything democrats try to do. Our only failure is allowing this shit to go on as long as it has.

You try to use "socialism" as a slur. It was NOT socialism when WE built our highway system and electric grid. It was the same slur used against social security and medicare, and guess what, we are still here.

Your emotional blackmail and childish threats of picking up your business like toys you don't want to share, fine. We need less businesses with that fucking attitude, so fine. Run away like a brat, but your scare tactics don't work.

IF my wages keep stagnating and falling it will be because of a CLIMATE of extraction. You may like the idea of 2 dollar a day sweat shop economies, but I dont. And it is utter bullshit that because Obama won that things will get worse.

It will, if your attitude continues to dominate our cooporate climate.

Now you can move into the future with us, or you can get left behind. But what will not happen anymore is the extraction climate you buy into and now falsely try to paint that is not what you buy into. It is OUR country, not you. It is not of the 1% solely for the 1%, but that is what people like you buy into and like a brat, you pull the scorced earth crap and threaten to shut down if you don't get everything you want.

I have given you an out, but "cant" is bullshit and it merely amounts to "don't want to." Too bad. I live here too and when we win we get to be in the drivers seat, that is how civil governments work. You lost, get over it.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:jcgadfly

Beyond Saving wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

  Huh, well I'm surprised. I'm part of almost a full percent (Johnson has around .97% now) and here in Ohio the independent candidate for the Senate got 5% not bad considering he did virtually no advertising and was excluded from the debates. Well enjoy another four years. 

don't worry - you've lost nothing in this.

Come on JC, he has every right to worry. Now that that black secret Muslim commie has won  ONCE AGAIN there is nothing stopping us Stalin loving nanny state huggers from knocking down his door and stripping him of his wallet and taking away his private business.

MUEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We're here Beyond , our cooties are spreading and there is no escape!

To quote the cerial killer in "Silence Of The Lambs" "It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose".

But he won't lose any money... Obama has been as nice to rich folk as Romney wanted to be.

 

I'm nowhere near rich enough to afford Obama. Pretty sure there is a 0% chance of Obama ever coming to bail me out if I go bankrupt and a 0% chance of him giving me a $500 million loan for me to squander. When it comes to cronyism I am definitely in the out group. 

Obama won't raise your taxes so you're not losing any money. No cronyism needed.

You think that Romney (or Johnson) would've helped you in the situations you described? At best, you'd have benefited from them not raising your taxes (whilst they cut theirs in half).

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4621
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Shut up

Brian37 wrote:

Shut up Beyond. Your hollow threats don't work anymore. Our wages have stagnated not because of anything democrats try to do. Our only failure is allowing this shit to go on as long as it has.

I am not threatening anything, just making an observation of the inevitable result of our government borrowing the amounts of money it borrows. When you run up debt, it has to be paid sooner or later. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

You try to use "socialism" as a slur. It was NOT socialism when WE built our highway system and electric grid. It was the same slur used against social security and medicare, and guess what, we are still here.

I don't use socialism as a slur, I use it to describe the programs that you support. Social security and medicare are socialist programs, simply switching the label to progressive or safety net or whatever other terminology doesn't change anything about how the programs actually work. What label you choose to use is irrelevant to my judgement of the programs. FYI, I have absolutely no problem with socialism or communism, my only problem is when physical force is used to impose them on the unwilling. My sole problem with social security, medicare and Bamacare is that I am unable to opt out of the programs. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Your emotional blackmail and childish threats of picking up your business like toys you don't want to share, fine. We need less businesses with that fucking attitude, so fine. Run away like a brat, but your scare tactics don't work.

I simply do what is in my personal interest. If it gets to the point where I decide that running my business is no longer worth my time, I will stop. I'm not going to do it just to irritate you, I will do it because I decided I have better things to spend my life on. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

IF my wages keep stagnating and falling it will be because of a CLIMATE of extraction. You may like the idea of 2 dollar a day sweat shop economies, but I dont. And it is utter bullshit that because Obama won that things will get worse.

Is Obama going to do something different than he has the last four years?

 

Brian37 wrote:

It will, if your attitude continues to dominate our cooporate climate.

How do you propose to change people's attitudes? Are you going to go after corporations using federal police power to force them to do the things you want? 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Now you can move into the future with us, or you can get left behind. But what will not happen anymore is the extraction climate you buy into and now falsely try to paint that is not what you buy into. It is OUR country, not you. It is not of the 1% solely for the 1%, but that is what people like you buy into and like a brat, you pull the scorced earth crap and threaten to shut down if you don't get everything you want.

Do what you want with the country, I conceded about ten years ago that I am not going to get what I want and decided to stop devoting so much of my life to being active in politics. It is MY business and I will do with it what I think is best for me and the people I care about. You can't force me to work or to be productive if I don't think it is worth my time. I am not your slave. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

I have given you an out, but "cant" is bullshit and it merely amounts to "don't want to." Too bad. I live here too and when we win we get to be in the drivers seat, that is how civil governments work. You lost, get over it.

I've said thousands of times that it is "I don't want to", so what are you going to do about it? There are many things that I can do that I won't do. As I said, I have already gotten over it. I have spent most of my day on the computer working, which is a shame because it is so beautiful outside today, but some shit has to get done. I will continue to work until my effective tax rate exceeds 50%, that is the point I have decided that working will no longer be worth my time. Unlike you, I put value on my time and if someone wants me to work for less than I believe I am worth, I refuse to work instead of sitting around bitching about not being paid enough. I'm going on with my life, minding my own business and doing what I want. Just saying, don't blame me when things don't work out as rosy as you imagine. I suggest you simply get over the fact that I'm not going to do what you want unless you use physical force to coerce me.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3434
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
you know, Beyond, as a

you know, Beyond, as a marxist, i'd like to say you handle yourself well in these exchanges.  while the societies we'd like to see differ considerably, i appreciate your lack of idealism.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4621
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Obama won't

jcgadfly wrote:

Obama won't raise your taxes so you're not losing any money. No cronyism needed.

You think that Romney (or Johnson) would've helped you in the situations you described? At best, you'd have benefited from them not raising your taxes (whilst they cut theirs in half).

Really? Are you saying that Obama lied during his campaign? He has repeatedly said he is going to raise my taxes. Guess that is what I get for trusting him. If Obama doesn't raise my taxes, how is he going to pay for everything? Or is he just going to let the deficits get even larger? Or perhaps Obama supports my solution of raising taxes on the poor and the lower middle class? That would be news to me. I fail to see how we can pay for all the bailouts, social programs and cronyism without raising taxes somewhere eventually and there simply isn't enough money in the top 1% even if you taxed at 100%. To simply balance the budget at current levels of spending, you would have to tax the entire top 5% at 100%- so I'm pretty sure those tax increases are headed towards yours truly.

Whether Obama has the balls to raise taxes as much as they need to be or whether he chooses to continue adding to the debt so it has to be paid in the future remains to be seen, but one thing is sure, he isn't going to make any dramatic cuts in spending so revenue must be raised sooner or later. If you want your social programs, you have to find a way to pay for them, Bama might get away with ducking the issue and borrowing another four years but that will have a negative effect on our economy. My prediction is that he will raise taxes but will do so minimally like with Bamacare and continue to borrow large amounts of money, which imo is the worst possible option.   

Johnson would have substantially cut government spending and thereby remove the need of raising taxes. I had little hope of Romney doing anything different from Obama which is why I didn't support him. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:jcgadfly

Beyond Saving wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Obama won't raise your taxes so you're not losing any money. No cronyism needed.

You think that Romney (or Johnson) would've helped you in the situations you described? At best, you'd have benefited from them not raising your taxes (whilst they cut theirs in half).

Really? Are you saying that Obama lied during his campaign? He has repeatedly said he is going to raise my taxes. Guess that is what I get for trusting him. If Obama doesn't raise my taxes, how is he going to pay for everything? Or is he just going to let the deficits get even larger? Or perhaps Obama supports my solution of raising taxes on the poor and the lower middle class? That would be news to me. I fail to see how we can pay for all the bailouts, social programs and cronyism without raising taxes somewhere eventually and there simply isn't enough money in the top 1% even if you taxed at 100%. To simply balance the budget at current levels of spending, you would have to tax the entire top 5% at 100%- so I'm pretty sure those tax increases are headed towards yours truly.

Whether Obama has the balls to raise taxes as much as they need to be or whether he chooses to continue adding to the debt so it has to be paid in the future remains to be seen, but one thing is sure, he isn't going to make any dramatic cuts in spending so revenue must be raised sooner or later. If you want your social programs, you have to find a way to pay for them, Bama might get away with ducking the issue and borrowing another four years but that will have a negative effect on our economy. My prediction is that he will raise taxes but will do so minimally like with Bamacare and continue to borrow large amounts of money, which imo is the worst possible option.   

Johnson would have substantially cut government spending and thereby remove the need of raising taxes. I had little hope of Romney doing anything different from Obama which is why I didn't support him. 

Wait a minute - first you're not rich enough for Obama and now you say you are?  Are you having a bit of schizophrenia?

How can he pay for it if he doesn't raise your taxes?  He'll likely raise mine just as Romney wanted.

Not sure what Johnson would've cut - his platform didn't really affect the big ticket items. At that he still would have had to raise taxes - that's one of the reasons why he wanted to legalize marijuana.

Again, that's not a rich guy's tax because fewer of them do weed.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4621
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Wait a minute

jcgadfly wrote:

Wait a minute - first you're not rich enough for Obama and now you say you are?  Are you having a bit of schizophrenia?

I'm not rich enough to get bailouts or special treatment as a Bama friend. I am apparently plenty rich enough to be pay higher taxes because according to Bama, I am not paying my "fair share". I would love for anyone to give me a solid definition of what "fair share" that can be applied to any particular individual to determine whether or not they are paying their fair share.  

 

jcgadfly wrote:

How can he pay for it if he doesn't raise your taxes?  He'll likely raise mine just as Romney wanted.

I wouldn't doubt it, but that isn't what he said. Obama has repeatedly said he would not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250k by a single penny- so was he lying? Isn't one of the arguments about how horrible Romney is that he would shift more of the tax burden to the poor and middle class? And Obama gets a pass on that because....... why?

 

jcgadfly wrote:

Again, that's not a rich guy's tax because fewer of them do weed.

You would be surprised.

But yes, Gary Johnson supports the Fair Tax which overall is a much flatter tax than our current progressive income tax and also something that is pretty academic because it will never gain enough support in congress to be seriously considered. Most likely, whoever is president taxes will have to go up across the board because we are spending more than we take in and to pay off the trillions in debt and obligations the government has taken on it needs a lot more money and will have to take it from pretty much everyone. 

 

Edit: I should say Bama has said he won't raise taxes on any married couple making less than $250k so presumably single people in the mid to high $100k range are probably not included in that promise. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Yes you are threating us

Yes you are threating us like a crybaby.

 

Now, it has been the fault of democrats for not doing a good enough job courting mom and pop shops and big business. But that lie is going to be exposed and your third party tactic is just a cloak. Your states rights crap and third party crap WILL be exposed for the lie it is.

When we beat the Nazis that money came from tax payers to convert PRIVATELY OWNED FACTORIES to be converted to make the weapons to defeat them.

WHEN our highway systems got built, that money was not going to government owned factories. It went to private contractors who made the asphalt and equiptment that built our highway system. It also went to the private sector tou build our electric grid.

Democrats are NOT anti business and I will do everything within my power to expose the plutocracy and right wing monopoly on that false meme that democrats are anti business.

For 30 years the right wing has hid behind Christianity and drive a wedge between the working class to set up the slave wage conditions we have stupidly accepted. Now that the Koch brothers cant use Christianity to distract the working class, their new tactic will be courting the growing number of minorities.

Now, YOU WILL LOSE LONG TERM PERIOD! Your chicken little crap the sky will fall and the world will end scare tactic will not work.

If we can build the middle class like we did after WW2 we can invest and retool our economy to compete WITH the global economy. We did it back then and we can do it again,

BUT it will not happen by the idiotic mentality "take less, take less take less" YOU SELL.

 

Now either get with the program or get out of the way, but you will not win trying to convince us that only you have the right to tell us what business has to be or what it should be.

 

The days of the right wing hijacking the private sector are going to be over and democrats can and will take the one trump card they have held for far to long and kick their fucking ass and put them in their place.

So keep it up. It is hollow and we are wise to the scam and we will not lose sight of the distraction that put us in this mess. The private sector IS NEEDED but to claim democrats cant value it or cant compete to court business is bullshit and we will hand your ass to you.

For the past several years you have talked like you know everything but couldn't even accept facts for the past several weeks when we told you that we were going to win the ellection. WE told you that your charts were bias and the over all average of SEVERAL POLLS were not on your side.

So if you can fuck up those facts and get that wrong, what the fuck makes you think we should trust you on the math of economics?

You can sell what you want but the working class is growing wise to the right wing and third party bullshit. You do not own a monopoly on the private sector and we can and will as democrats compete for the private sector and show idiots like you how it can be done and should be done.

 

Starbucks, Nick Hanour and Bloomburg get it, Henry Ford got it, and democrats get it but don't sell themselves well enough. But we can and will win. Your negitivity and pessimism is no longer welcome.

So keep pissing past your graveyard bubble if you wish. But time and reality are going to leave you in the ditch the more your lies are exposed.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
BS- "Obama has repeatedly

BS- "Obama has repeatedly said he would not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250k by a single penny"

So you're covered, right?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Glenn Beck prayed for the

Glenn Beck prayed for the scales to drop from people's eyes so they could see who Romney and Obama really were...well, I'll be damned! Prayer does work!

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin