Faith IS evidence

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Faith IS evidence

Hebrews 11:1 Faith IS evidence

When you have faith, you have revelation. You gain knowledge of our forever loving God, Jesus Christ.  Faith opens up doors you never knew existed.  Faith is not blind belief.  Blind belief is lack of faith. 

 

You are always blaming God for what people do.  Westboro Baptist church is an ungodly cult.  They are like the pharisees of Christ's time...adders of rules that don't matter.  There are many people on this earth that do things in the name of God that do not truely know Him.  They do things out of their human will.

 

Christ truely died for our sins.  All we need is active faith to know and understand him.

 

This is a pointless hate crime of a website.  It needs to be shut down. 

You keep claiming that atheism has morals, that its just as good as any religion etc etc etc.....but your ethics show otherwise

 

 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Anonymouse

jcgadfly wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:


A) its not a circular argument. Faith opens eyes to evidence.  w/o faith evidence is not seen.

B) not an assumption. an experience.

 

A) But that's the oldest contrick in the book ! You can justify literally ANYTHING if you take your evidence on faith.

B) Oh for pete's sake....You have no experience with my sex life !!!!!  So again, why are you making assumptions about it ??

 

 

Because he can lie, ask forgiveness and keep going? Because no matter how much he talks about repentance being so important to his god - he doesn't think it's important enough for him to take seriously?

except you are wrong.  That single scripture you keep escaping to, since i proved that REPENTANCE is absolutely essential has nothing to do with salvation, and then on top of that giving me a bogus link of some off the wall view you pulled out of your behind

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:since i

JesusLovesYou wrote:

since i proved that REPENTANCE is absolutely essential

Then why do you refuse to even apologize for (let alone repent from) making things up about people on this board?

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
blacklight915

blacklight915 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

since i proved that REPENTANCE is absolutely essential

Then why do you refuse to even apologize for (let alone repent from) making things up about people on this board?

 

making things up about people on this board? I've specifically called out names and made up things about them?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4668
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

blacklight915 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

since i proved that REPENTANCE is absolutely essential

Then why do you refuse to even apologize for (let alone repent from) making things up about people on this board?

 

making things up about people on this board? I've specifically called out names and made up things about them?

 

Try refreshing yourself on this exchange.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

what facts are missing

Try all of them. Didn't you read your own OP ?

Again, could you please explain what's so wrong about my ethics ? Using actual facts. Thank you.

Ok, here is a big one for you. SARCASM. your responses, and i assume your personality is full of sarcasm

 

You assume ? Don't make me say it.

 

I don't assume. I prefer to ask questions. So can I have an answer please ? 

 

What's wrong with my ethics ? Facts please, no more assumptions. 

 


 

Inappropriate language

SARCASM

sex is an object rather than a gift for your spouse

 

 

You randomly asserted that Anonymouse uses inappropriate language, is sarcastic and believes that sex is an object. You have failed to provide evidence of any of these assertions. Anonymouse has been here a long time and I don't think I have ever seen him use inappropriate language but I rarely notice the occasional cussing, nor have I noticed him being particularly sarcastic, certainly not to you. And I have no clue how you would know anything about Anonymouse's sex life. So your accusations against him are made up.

If you have any evidence, we would all be interested to see it. Every post Anonymouse has ever made on these forums is saved, so if the evidence ever existed it is still there.

Furthermore, I am interested in your explanation of why your accusations would in fact amount to unethical behavior because while Anonymouse is probably innocent of your accusations, I am certainly guilty of cussing and using sarcasm often. I don't view sex as an object - an action cannot be a material object but I also do not view it as a gift to be exclusively shared with one person. So if you have any arguments as to why these are unethical other than because your magic book says they are, I would be interested to read them. This line is really the only reason I bother checking this thread because I find your argument with JC tedious and pointless.

But before you address this I think that either providing evidence for your accusations against Anonymouse or apologizing for your accusations would be the polite thing to do. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is something in your magic book about "bearing false witness" but I am not as familiar with it as others so I could be wrong.    

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Take it easy on him BS - his

Take it easy on him BS - his back is probably hurting from those goal posts he just moved.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:You

Beyond Saving wrote:

You randomly asserted that Anonymouse uses inappropriate language, is sarcastic and believes that sex is an object. You have failed to provide evidence of any of these assertions. Anonymouse has been here a long time and I don't think I have ever seen him use inappropriate language but I rarely notice the occasional cussing, nor have I noticed him being particularly sarcastic, certainly not to you. And I have no clue how you would know anything about Anonymouse's sex life. So your accusations against him are made up.

If you have any evidence, we would all be interested to see it. Every post Anonymouse has ever made on these forums is saved, so if the evidence ever existed it is still there.

But before you address this I think that either providing evidence for your accusations against Anonymouse or apologizing for your accusations would be the polite thing to do. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is something in your magic book about "bearing false witness" but I am not as familiar with it as others so I could be wrong.    

You are trying to have a calm, logical discussion with a person who has no interest in being calm, logical or having a discussion. There is a pattern to their posts and it would be a waste of your time to think you would get a response worth reading it.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Take it easy

jcgadfly wrote:

Take it easy on him BS - his back is probably hurting from those goal posts he just moved.

I thought they had taken down the goal posts and was trying to convince us that they were still up.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4668
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Take it easy

jcgadfly wrote:

Take it easy on him BS - his back is probably hurting from those goal posts he just moved.

Have you been working hard all day defending your omnipotent god?

Good for you, because everyone knows that omnipotent gods are defenseless when it comes to those atheist heathens. 

But we all know that day after day of moving those goal posts can cause back pain, cramps, heat stroke and even DEATH!

Now we all know that you are willing to die to defend your defenseless omnipotent god, but now thanks, to a new innovation by BS Industries YOU DON'T HAVE TO!

In an innovation worthy of a deity that likes to hide all evidence of his existence while torturing people for eternity for not believing in him- BS Industries is proud to announce the release of BSMiniposts!

 

Now moving the goalposts will be as easy as nodding your head. Or, when you are dealing with skilled athiests like those unethical, question asking, kitten barbequeing, sarcastic heathens at www.rationalresponders.com you can turn your head to the side to provide a smaller target. Whether you run, duck, dodge or do flips on a trampoline you can rest easy knowing that the goalposts are moving with you. Now available in 3 stylish color combinations that will be sure to impress your bible thumping friends. 

 

Complete with a convenient hard protective case, the BSMiniposts will easily fit inside the accessory pocket of your BS9000 Bible Harness. For those who are true defenders of their defenseless omnipotent god, the BSMiniposts Deluxe package comes with permanent installation so that the goalposts will be attached to your head 24/7 and move even while you roll in your sleep. Call 1-900-IHEARTJESUSJUICE now to order today. 

 

BS Industries is a subsidiary of BS Inc. BS Industries is not liable for any physical or emotional harm caused by the use of this product, including but not limited to any bystanders who laugh themselves to death by looking at you, loss of respect, being subjected to sarcasm or poking your eye out. The BSMiniposts Deluxe is installed by using four nails to permanently affix the BSMiniposts to your head. The operation is painful and may result in significant bleeding, however, Jesus was nailed to a cross for you so if you can't handle a few small nails to the head for him- how are you going to explain that?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I may be wrong but I

 

Beyond Saving wrote:

You randomly asserted that Anonymouse uses inappropriate language, is sarcastic and believes that sex is an object. You have failed to provide evidence of any of these assertions. Anonymouse has been here a long time and I don't think I have ever seen him use inappropriate language but I rarely notice the occasional cussing, nor have I noticed him being particularly sarcastic, certainly not to you. And I have no clue how you would know anything about Anonymouse's sex life. So your accusations against him are made up.

 

thought mouse was a lady - which would tend to cast JesusBelover's ad hominem about personal lives in an even more sickly light...

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
. . many are the slings and arrows suffered by JLY

Beyond Saving wrote:
..The operation is painful and may result in significant bleeding, however, Jesus was nailed to a cross for you so if you can't handle a few small nails to the head for him- how are you going to explain that?


Oh, outrageously unfortunate, woe, woe fore many are the slings and arrows suffered (See:: Image).


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 348
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:First

JesusLovesYou wrote:

First off, no I am not incorrect. 

Yes you are. What follows is why.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You fail to see the context of Biblical faith b/c you are faithless. When one has faith, eyes are opened. 

Translation: The bible was translated from its original languages (Hebrew, Greek, etc.) into English. While every word isn't a direct translation into an English word, people translating one of the most influential books in history surely made sure to do a sufficient job in translation. Buuuut they still got some parts wrong. Also, some parts they got right are to be taken as allegory, and I refuse to say which parts are to be taken that way, and which are to be taken literally. Furthermore, I will also not lay out any criteria by which to decide this issue when looking at any individual bible verse, whether it is out of context, or in context.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Second, that is an unbiblical and paganistic view of Satan.  He does not reign supreme in any firey pits,

Does he not have dominion over hell? Is he un-over-throwable, for lack of a real word? (You do know what I mean here). If so many people go to hell, eventually, he would be overthrown, no? If not, that would posit that he is at least as powerful as every soul that is in hell, and will ever enter there, combined. That may not imply that he is omnipotent, but due to the typically strict criteria one requires to enter heaven, that's a lot of people that Satan has to deal with.

Is Satan supernatural, or not? Describe him. 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

nor is he a tall red, horned creature.  The Bible decribes him two ways, disguised as an angel of light, and a dragon.

Mmm, two descriptions of one entity. Nice.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Hell is not his kingdom, but his prison. 

Umm what? Does he not rule hell? If not, why manage it at all? Either he has dominion and power over hell, or he is forced to do it (your prison comment implies the latter). The only supernatural entity left to pull the puppet strings here is god. So, is satan just god doing the work incognito? Or would you like to pull another explanation out of your ass? (there is nothing biblical left here really)

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Hence is another reason you misunderstand faith.  Faith breeds understanding.  Any biblical scholar can prove to you that your obvious understanding of satan is unbiblical and incorrect

"Biblical scholars" pre-suppose the truth of the bible, rather than examining its legimitacy as an authentic historical source. Whether they can prove a misunderstanding of the biblical satan or not, they can NOT prove (nor do they attempt to) the legitimacy of the bible itself as a historical document. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Your 10 objective truths are meaningless.  When you HAVE faith you HAVE evidence due to FAITH.

Circular reasoning is a logical fallacy.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:
When you HAVE faith you HAVE evidence due to FAITH.

Circular argument.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for an answer. 

Could you please explain why you make assumptions about the sex life of people you never met, while at the same time complaining about their ethics ?

A) its not a circular argument. Faith opens eyes to evidence.  w/o faith evidence is not seen.

B) not an assumption. an experience.

But what you are saying is a circular arguement. Saying what is circular is not circular is just plain dumb.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
The NWO is written about in Revelation.  other gods? people make gods out of anything and everything.  All of you have made a god out trying to disprove the existance of God, people worship money as their god, same thing with tv, videogames, food, etc etc.  As far as those mythological diety? Satan didn't fall alone.  Many of the other fallen angels, like satan, because they are all like minded, could have very well tried to become holy and be worshiped.

You are a raving looney tunes.

Were you like this before you had faith or is this a symptom of the mental disability that comes with faith? Rational people do not wish to become raving loonies. You are not helping your case posting like this.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Hell is not his kingdom, but his prison. 

Umm what? Does he not rule hell? If not, why manage it at all? Either he has dominion and power over hell, or he is forced to do it (your prison comment implies the latter). The only supernatural entity left to pull the puppet strings here is god. So, is satan just god doing the work incognito? Or would you like to pull another explanation out of your ass? (there is nothing biblical left here really)

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Hence is another reason you misunderstand faith.  Faith breeds understanding.  Any biblical scholar can prove to you that your obvious understanding of satan is unbiblical and incorrect

"Biblical scholars" pre-suppose the truth of the bible, rather than examining its legimitacy as an authentic historical source. Whether they can prove a misunderstanding of the biblical satan or not, they can NOT prove (nor do they attempt to) the legitimacy of the bible itself as a historical document. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA... I loved this reply! I was sort of getting bored with the bullshit posts from JesusFucksWithYou but your reply was a perfect "finish him!" ending.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:people

JesusLovesYou wrote:
people make gods out of anything and everything.  All of you have made a god out trying to disprove the existance of God, people worship money as their god, same thing with tv, videogames, food, etc etc. 

 

No.

Being an atheist means you no longer worship, or make a god out of anything. What would be the point ? 

 

All you've done here is create an extremely long list of theists that are now, according to your standards, no longer theists. 

_Every theist in the world who has more money than they need and still wants more. 

_All televangelist and their fans. Every theist fan of every tv show.

_Every theist gamer. (start with the christian guilds on world of warcraft)

_Every theist foodie, and don't forget the catholics, for reasons too obvious to mention.

etc etc

 

Heaven is going to be a lonely place, but that is no concern of yours, as you have been bearing false witness against us, so you won't be going there either.

 

Now, do you want to apologize for spreading false rumors, or would you like to claim again that you have "experience" with the sex lives of people you never met before ? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                             


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:
people make gods out of anything and everything.  All of you have made a god out trying to disprove the existance of God, people worship money as their god, same thing with tv, videogames, food, etc etc. 

 

No.

Being an atheist means you no longer worship, or make a god out of anything. What would be the point ? 

 

All you've done here is create an extremely long list of theists that are now, according to your standards, no longer theists. 

_Every theist in the world who has more money than they need and still wants more. 

_All televangelist and their fans. Every theist fan of every tv show.

_Every theist gamer. (start with the christian guilds on world of warcraft)

_Every theist foodie, and don't forget the catholics, for reasons too obvious to mention.

etc etc

 

Heaven is going to be a lonely place, but that is no concern of yours, as you have been bearing false witness against us, so you won't be going there either.

 

Now, do you want to apologize for spreading false rumors, or would you like to claim again that you have "experience" with the sex lives of people you never met before ? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                             

Since JLY's made up god is real to him don't look for an apology.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
You are to commend yourself to everyone's conscience

You are to commend yourself to everyone's conscience!

blacklight915 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

since i proved that REPENTANCE is absolutely essential

Then why do you refuse to even apologize for (let alone repent from)
making things up about people on this board?

 

Book of 2 Corinthians --
Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort ..On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.

1 Peter 2 verse 22-23
“He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth.”
When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly

2 Timothy 2:21-26

Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.. pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. The Lord 's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all ..

etc.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: You

danatemporary wrote:
You are to commend yourself to everyone's conscience!
blacklight915 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

since i proved that REPENTANCE is absolutely essential

Then why do you refuse to even apologize for (let alone repent from) making things up about people on this board?

 

Book of 2 Corinthians -- Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort ..On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 1 Peter 2 verse 22-23 “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.” When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly 2 Timothy 2:21-26 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.. pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. The Lord 's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all .. etc.

Nice post, but you are wasting your time.

This person only wants to feel needed by posting hyperbole about a religion they really don't have any faith in; each time we reply to their messages they feel validated.

We are enabling them.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

danatemporary wrote:
You are to commend yourself to everyone's conscience!
blacklight915 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

since i proved that REPENTANCE is absolutely essential

Then why do you refuse to even apologize for (let alone repent from) making things up about people on this board?

 

Book of 2 Corinthians -- Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort ..On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 1 Peter 2 verse 22-23 “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.” When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly 2 Timothy 2:21-26 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.. pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. The Lord 's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all .. etc.

Nice post, but you are wasting your time.

This person only wants to feel needed by posting hyperbole about a religion they really don't have any faith in; each time we reply to their messages they feel validated.

We are enabling them.

 

I have a tremendous amount of faith in our Jesus

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
You must

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

danatemporary wrote:
You are to commend yourself to everyone's conscience!
blacklight915 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

since i proved that REPENTANCE is absolutely essential

Then why do you refuse to even apologize for (let alone repent from) making things up about people on this board?

 

Book of 2 Corinthians -- Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort ..On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 1 Peter 2 verse 22-23 “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.” When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly 2 Timothy 2:21-26 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.. pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. The Lord 's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all .. etc.

Nice post, but you are wasting your time.

This person only wants to feel needed by posting hyperbole about a religion they really don't have any faith in; each time we reply to their messages they feel validated.

We are enabling them.

 

I have a tremendous amount of faith in our Jesus

Have, JLY, given that's the only aspect of the 'relationship' that's available to you.

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Look, Christ really does

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Hmmmmm

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

I'm sorry for all the pain and suffering I've caused, and all the mistakes I've made and I think about them every day of my life.

This inability to escape the errors of my past is what strongly governs my behaviour as an adult. 

I don't want to be forgiven and I'm never going to forgive myself and that's the entire point of having a conscience in the first place.

With a fully developed capacity for empathy, remembering bad things you did hurts. And that's a very good thing. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 348
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
 Atheistextremist

 

Atheistextremist wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

I'm sorry for all the pain and suffering I've caused, and all the mistakes I've made and I think about them every day of my life.

This inability to escape the errors of my past is what strongly governs my behaviour as an adult. 

I don't want to be forgiven and I'm never going to forgive myself and that's the entire point of having a conscience in the first place.

With a fully developed capacity for empathy, remembering bad things you did hurts. And that's a very good thing. 

 

I can't stress enough how well you worded that. 

 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject)

(No Subject)

{AE Wrote:}

Quote:

Have, JLY, given that's the only aspect of the 'relationship' that's available to you.

 


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

Christ is also okay with letting me suffer in hell forever. To claim that such a being "loves" me makes you dishonest, deluded, or both.

 

 


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 348
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 348
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And you decided to make that point by insulting people who never did you any harm, and then being too proud to apologize for it ?

 

Fine. Okay. I'm done taking you seriously. I won't be reading any more of your posts/threads.

 

Goodbye. All the best.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Further evidence you dont understand words in context ..

Quote:
JMLY replied, ..because you have no FAITH you cannot see

It's official. Further evidence you dont understand words in context. I could like produce a one-hundred witticisms, but choose to say nothing (for now) Perhaps a MacDonaldite 'can' observe the addition.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
LMAO. This goes on and on

LMAO. This goes on and on and on...

Reminds me of a infamous movie line...

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

Your broken link of an off the wall theory is not proof of anything Mr.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

Your broken link of an off the wall theory is not proof of anything Mr.

That "broken link of an off the wall theory" that you can't dispute?

The one that went:

JLY  - "the Bible proves the Bible true"

Gadfly - provides textual criticism, Jewish history and the Bible itself standing against you

JLY - BIBLE!

that one?

How about presenting your faith as evidence? If they are identical it should be easy.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

Your broken link of an off the wall theory is not proof of anything Mr.

That "broken link of an off the wall theory" that you can't dispute?

The one that went:

JLY  - "the Bible proves the Bible true"

Gadfly - provides textual criticism, Jewish history and the Bible itself standing against you

JLY - BIBLE!

that one?

How about presenting your faith as evidence? If they are identical it should be easy.

 

nice deflection hun

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

Your broken link of an off the wall theory is not proof of anything Mr.

That "broken link of an off the wall theory" that you can't dispute?

The one that went:

JLY  - "the Bible proves the Bible true"

Gadfly - provides textual criticism, Jewish history and the Bible itself standing against you

JLY - BIBLE!

that one?

How about presenting your faith as evidence? If they are identical it should be easy.

 

nice deflection hun

Indeed - it smacked you right in the face.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

Your broken link of an off the wall theory is not proof of anything Mr.

That "broken link of an off the wall theory" that you can't dispute?

The one that went:

JLY  - "the Bible proves the Bible true"

Gadfly - provides textual criticism, Jewish history and the Bible itself standing against you

JLY - BIBLE!

that one?

How about presenting your faith as evidence? If they are identical it should be easy.

 

nice deflection hun

Indeed - it smacked you right in the face.

instead of addressing the issue of your theory as FLAWED you deflected

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

Your broken link of an off the wall theory is not proof of anything Mr.

That "broken link of an off the wall theory" that you can't dispute?

The one that went:

JLY  - "the Bible proves the Bible true"

Gadfly - provides textual criticism, Jewish history and the Bible itself standing against you

JLY - BIBLE!

that one?

How about presenting your faith as evidence? If they are identical it should be easy.

 

nice deflection hun

Indeed - it smacked you right in the face.

instead of addressing the issue of your theory as FLAWED you deflected

You haven't shown any flaws - why should I address a problem that you haven't shown?

"I disagree because I believe the Bible in spite of other evidence that has been presented to me (including the Bible)" is not revealing a flaw in anything.

Try again (y/n/q)?

 

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

Your broken link of an off the wall theory is not proof of anything Mr.

That "broken link of an off the wall theory" that you can't dispute?

The one that went:

JLY  - "the Bible proves the Bible true"

Gadfly - provides textual criticism, Jewish history and the Bible itself standing against you

JLY - BIBLE!

that one?

How about presenting your faith as evidence? If they are identical it should be easy.

 

nice deflection hun

Indeed - it smacked you right in the face.

instead of addressing the issue of your theory as FLAWED you deflected

You haven't shown any flaws - why should I address a problem that you haven't shown?

"I disagree because I believe the Bible in spite of other evidence that has been presented to me (including the Bible)" is not revealing a flaw in anything.

Try again (y/n/q)?

 

 

you've shown NO evidence.  only a broken link

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

The "you have to believe in God before you can believe in God" argument. I was wondering when that would show up.

So now you have to have faith BEFORE you can have faith before you can see the evidence that comes from faith

Adding circles to the front of your argument doesn't make it less circular.

 

IT IS YOUR ARGUMENT THAT IS CIRCULAR NOT MINE.

FAITH=EVIDENCE....SIMPLE SIMPLE STEVE

Really think shouting helps your argument?

If faith equals evidence then present your faith in a way that it can be seen by all. You can do that with evidence. Others can reproduce the results based on evidence.

Faith, however, is a personal thing and gains different results for every believer.

Why did Paul and his friends make Peter look like such a wishy-washy douche? (reading your sig)

Your broken link of an off the wall theory is not proof of anything Mr.

That "broken link of an off the wall theory" that you can't dispute?

The one that went:

JLY  - "the Bible proves the Bible true"

Gadfly - provides textual criticism, Jewish history and the Bible itself standing against you

JLY - BIBLE!

that one?

How about presenting your faith as evidence? If they are identical it should be easy.

 

nice deflection hun

Indeed - it smacked you right in the face.

instead of addressing the issue of your theory as FLAWED you deflected

You haven't shown any flaws - why should I address a problem that you haven't shown?

"I disagree because I believe the Bible in spite of other evidence that has been presented to me (including the Bible)" is not revealing a flaw in anything.

Try again (y/n/q)?

 

 

you've shown NO evidence.  only a broken link

Quit severing the link between your eyes and your brain and you won't have that problem

Oh, and where are the flaws in the theory?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
re: His position, is about the means of Justification . . . .

re:: Jcgadfly's position, is about the means of Justification

jcgadfly wrote:

It sure is a good thing that Paul took away any need for you to actually live a holy life. You lot don't have to worry about sin either. Atheists and Christians have that in common.

JMLY (a.k.a. -- JLY) For whatever reason you give the impression of not grasping Jcgadfly's position. From what I gather, in terms you are more both accustomed and familiar with, jcgadflys read surrounds itself with Jesus' righteousness being placed on the believer through faith emphasis. Found in the New Testament Epistles (Pauline). Ex. “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him (Christ) [is] that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” (Romans 4:5). Primarily the idea of the area of "imputed righteousness", instead of going to the trouble of something earned (really earned and deserved), if I characterize Jcgadfly, rightly. Rife with the potential for abuse, with the emphasis placed on it. Along with Saint Paul's formulat(-ing, -tion) of a Soteriology based on faith as opposed to righteous deeds.

p.p.s -- I 'm fully confident jcgadfly is more than capable of speaking for himself (and representing his own views on any subject). Reference the Quotation.


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 348
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

You have no idea how seriously I took this. I came up with the idea to be deliberately ridiculous, but also private, so that nobody sees me growing a toe. I actually did watch it and gave the ol' man upstairs, that you claim is there, an honest chance. While I personally thought this was all funny, believe me, if I were to see that 6th toe on my foot, I would be on your side of the argument right now. I genuinely mean that. God, since he is usually labelled as omniscient, would of course know that this would turn me right around, and bring me down the proper path. Why not do it? I opened my heart to god, to save me from hell, and no such thing happened. So either:

A. God is happy with me burning for eternity (a long time I've heard) or

B. He doesn't exist. 

Which one is it? Obviously you seem unable to accept B. as an answer, so why then am I destined for hell? Do my sins warrant an eternity of incineration? What would it take for a human to deserve such a punishment in your own eyes? 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3360
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky wrote:You have

Jabberwocky wrote:

You have no idea how seriously I took this. I came up with the idea to be deliberately ridiculous, but also private, so that nobody sees me growing a toe. I actually did watch it and gave the ol' man upstairs, that you claim is there, an honest chance. While I personally thought this was all funny, believe me, if I were to see that 6th toe on my foot, I would be on your side of the argument right now. I genuinely mean that. God, since he is usually labelled as omniscient, would of course know that this would turn me right around, and bring me down the proper path. Why not do it? I opened my heart to god, to save me from hell, and no such thing happened. So either:

A. God is happy with me burning for eternity (a long time I've heard) or

B. He doesn't exist. 

Which one is it? Obviously you seem unable to accept B. as an answer, so why then am I destined for hell? Do my sins warrant an eternity of incineration? What would it take for a human to deserve such a punishment in your own eyes? 

They will simply explain that you weren't worthy of god because you didn't actually have faith.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:re::

danatemporary wrote:
re:: Jcgadfly's position, is about the means of Justification
jcgadfly wrote:

It sure is a good thing that Paul took away any need for you to actually live a holy life. You lot don't have to worry about sin either. Atheists and Christians have that in common.

JMLY (a.k.a. -- JLY) For whatever reason you give the impression of not grasping Jcgadfly's position. From what I gather, in terms you are more both accustomed and familiar with, jcgadflys read surrounds itself with Jesus' righteousness being placed on the believer through faith emphasis. Found in the New Testament Epistles (Pauline). Ex. “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him (Christ) [is] that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” (Romans 4:5). Primarily the idea of the area of "imputed righteousness", instead of going to the trouble of something earned (really earned and deserved), if I characterize Jcgadfly, rightly. Rife with the potential for abuse, with the emphasis placed on it. Along with Saint Paul's formulat(-ing, -tion) of a Soteriology based on faith as opposed to righteous deeds. p.p.s -- I 'm fully confident jcgadfly is more than capable of speaking for himself (and representing his own views on any subject). Reference the Quotation.

It's either that or JLY is taking my saying that Paul and his proteges who wrote the gospels did not believe repentance was a requirement for Christianity (belief is all that's needed). and building a fallacy that claimed that I said Paul never mentioned repentance.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 348
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:They

digitalbeachbum wrote:

They will simply explain that you weren't worthy of god because you didn't actually have faith.

I have faith that if a god was truly all-loving, and all-powerful, he would know that several seconds of extra toe would have led me to believe in him without question. If he is all loving, and believing in him is a pre-requisite for entering heaven/dodging hell, he would have done it to save me in one easy temporary appendage-modification.

The only defense here is that perhaps it's wrong of me to ask for one shred of proof. *sigh* guess if Christianity is true, then I'm destined for hell. Woe is me. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Ooohhh, I see how that argument works now!

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Look,

 Christ really does love each and every one of you.  All He is asking you to do is REPENT and trust in Him.  Easy as pie

 

And all I'm asking him for is proof. I'm currently at home by myself, with no cameras and all shades drawn. God is omnipotent, hence capable of putting a 6th toe on my left foot. If Christianity is true, I would like to commission god to do just that for me. If he does that in the next 5 minutes, only for 10 seconds so that I may see and feel it, then I will proclaim that it is all indeed true and us atheists have all been fools.

I'll post my results in 5 minutes. This is exciting. 

 

Sorry about the wait. I decided to give god more than twice the time I initially offered. My awful atheistic generosity shone through there. I'm sure everybody's waiting for the result of this experiment. I have to say, I'm sorry Christians, but like every other day I can recall, my left foot had 5 toes on it all day.

because you have no FAITH you cannot see

 

Because I don't believe in something, then it isn't true! 

As I mentioned elsewhere, this argument is evidence of something but it's not evidence of an undefined, immaterial, exo-universal, omni-equipped deity, laughably described by god people as being 'mind with force'. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4668
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

They will simply explain that you weren't worthy of god because you didn't actually have faith.

I have faith that if a god was truly all-loving, and all-powerful, he would know that several seconds of extra toe would have led me to believe in him without question. If he is all loving, and believing in him is a pre-requisite for entering heaven/dodging hell, he would have done it to save me in one easy temporary appendage-modification.

The only defense here is that perhaps it's wrong of me to ask for one shred of proof. *sigh* guess if Christianity is true, then I'm destined for hell. Woe is me. 

Well perhaps the xtians are wrong about what day the Sabbath is, you know primitive calenders and all get fucked up, you get drunk forget what day it is and back then you couldn't just check your smartphone. So you might have been asking god to work on his day of rest, why don't you try asking one more time on a different day (and make sure to include a quick apology for possibly messing up god's day of rest).  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X