holiness

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
holiness

 

Becoming Holy

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.

-1 Peter 1:13-19

 

God has revealed to us a one-word description of the Christian life; holiness. Peter explained it this way:“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct” (1 Peter 1:14-15).

 

That word conduct means“in all you do, in your behavior.” Being holy means “being set apart.” It means different—not weird, bizarre, or obnoxious—but set apart. Peter basically said, “Don’t be squeezed into the pattern of the world the way you used to be when you lived in ignorance.”

 

In your BC days (Before Christ), you didn’t know any better. You may have thought that illicit sexual experiences, addictive substances, or selfish pursuits would make you happy, but now you know they’re like quicksand. Maybe you used to think that being a Christian would be restrictive and stiff, but now you see that God’s laws are established for your own good. When God says, “Don’t,” He means, “Don’t hurt yourself.” The standard of holiness is a protection of your happiness, given by a loving Father.

 

You’re a different person than you once were. You have different priorities, passions, pastimes, and practices. Your goals have changed. You now want what God wants for you. You have heard the call to holiness, and because of God’s Spirit in you, it’s what your heart hungers for.

 

But remember, “be holy” actually means“be becoming holy.” It’s a process. Holiness is formed over a lifetime; it’s not like poof—the moment you turn to Jesus, you’re the final thing. Holiness comes by trying, failing, and continually learning to live a life set apart from the world’s mold.

 

Holiness takes root in your life as you get into God’s Word and with God’s people, increasingly surrendering your mind and your body to the life God has called you to.

 

Here’s the good news. It’s happening today. God is pouring His character into you with every righteous decision you make to be like His Son.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
It sure is a good thing tat

It sure is a good thing that Paul took away any need for you to actually live a holy life. You lot don't have to worry about sin either. Atheists and Christians have that in common.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13658
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
While I am not an admin here

While I am not an admin here I think it is safe for me to make an educated guess on prior theists who do the same thing as to where you might be headed here. Merely being repetitive might not get you banned, but a "troll" label under you avatar is a statistical likelyhood if you keep it up.

Regertitation of fluff with "feel good" quotes that you get a woodie over does not impress us. Now pease, for your own sanity do not toruture yourself with doing this. You are wasting your time and ours by doing this.

Now please read this and TRY to understand it without a hand up your back like a puppet.

"The Koran says and this Muslim Cleric said"

"The Torah and Talmud say and this Rabbi said"

Would you become a Muslim our Jew merely because they quote their books? No, so do not expect us to treat you any differently than you treat people who have different religions than you.

We want religious people here to debate, so debate, don't preach. If I want someone to preach at me I will go to church or a Mosque or a Synogauge. But you are not our savior and we arer not lost pets for you to save.

If you expect to have any sense of santity for yourself while staying here stop looking at us as having third eyes or being evil or any other stupid stereotype you might think we might be. We are the same species as you. We have family and friends and co-workers who believe. We will not eat your young. But you are in a world of hurt needlessly if you continue this preaching crap.

Just do yourself a favor and stop preaching and start debating, you will save yourself needless pain and will have a better stay here.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Are you just posting last

Are you just posting last week's sermon now ? 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3188
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Prove that all gods either

Prove that all gods either exist or that all gods (other than yours) do not exist; and do it with out claiming faith as evidence.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Might want to seriously watch it there Space Cowboy . . . .

   As a courtesy . . .

Brian37 wrote:
I think it is safe for me to make an educated guess on prior theists who do the same thing as to where you might be headed here. Merely being repetitive might not get you banned, but a "troll" label under you avatar is a statistical likelyhood if you keep it up.

  Books or a hobby SHOULD be any guy's only mistress, if not his muse. Back to 'you'. If you look under his avatar Brian has been here for a long time, so consider this less of an attack and more of a heads up. If I may add something to this JLY. I ve had some experience with other boards and one of the things that gets right up people's nose is non-participation. Approach to any subject matters. You have been struggling in that area whole bunches. Good youre directing this OP at yourself. Not on this, In other boards when Moderators dont intervene, usually people get fed-up with 'the offending member' {snip, snip}. There is a ugly scene, hosts of people end up telling him or her off, after spontaneously handling it in their own way  and the person ends up completely marginalized. Getting down on you not Brian nor I   No. If you feel so, as a kindness and honestly a courtesy both,  I'll recommend threads you'd both appreciate (and actually enjoy) Oddly, only two aren't found in the most current line-up :

  Old and New testament hells; www.rationalresponders.com/forum/33064 entitled  You have to read this to believe it;   www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31226 Why are you here ?; http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/3197 For araujo; The Physics of Sin by   jean_chauvin; Deep Thoughts With Pat Robertson and most current 'The Fall'.

 p.s. -- Read 'them'. The very act itself would be beneficial and a real enjoyment  Six-and-one-half-dozen of the other. 

 

 

 

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13658
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:   As

danatemporary wrote:

   As a courtesy . . .

Brian37 wrote:
I think it is safe for me to make an educated guess on prior theists who do the same thing as to where you might be headed here. Merely being repetitive might not get you banned, but a "troll" label under you avatar is a statistical likelyhood if you keep it up.

  Books or a hobby SHOULD be any guy's only mistress, if not his muse. Back to 'you'. If you look under his avatar Brian has been here for a long time, so consider this less of an attack and more of a heads up. If I may add something to this JLY. I ve had some experience with other boards and one of the things that gets right up people's nose is non-participation. Approach to any subject matters. You have been struggling in that area whole bunches. Good youre directing this OP at yourself. Not on this, In other boards when Moderators dont intervene, usually people get fed-up with 'the offending member' {snip, snip}. There is a ugly scene, hosts of people end up telling him or her off, after spontaneously handling it in their own way  and the person ends up completely marginalized. Getting down on you not Brian nor I   No. If you feel so, as a kindness and honestly a courtesy both,  I'll recommend threads you'd both appreciate (and actually enjoy) Oddly, only two aren't found in the most current line-up :

  Old and New testament hells; www.rationalresponders.com/forum/33064 entitled  You have to read this to believe it;   www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31226 Why are you here ?; http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/3197 For araujo; The Physics of Sin by   jean_chauvin; Deep Thoughts With Pat Robertson and most current 'The Fall'.

 p.s. -- Read 'them'. The very act itself would be beneficial and a real enjoyment  Six-and-one-half-dozen of the other. 

 

 

 

 

Huh? I get wordy myself sometimes so could you maybe give me a more "Shoot the glass"(Line from Diehard)when the bad guy's friend couldn't understand what he wanted him to do.

All I am understanding is "read these other threads", which really does not adress, unless you are claiming or emplying a different tactic, what I said here.

We do welcome theists, even the trolls like Jean and most of the time it is a hands off approach. And long time theist Caposkia had started a 5 year thread where he falsely thought a book would wow us. We in many ways with different tactics showed him the reality that it would not be that easy.

So if you are suggesting something else other than what I am doing then "Shoot the glass".

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:  In

JesusLovesYou wrote:

  

In your BC days (Before Christ), you didn’t know any better. You may have thought that illicit sexual experiences, addictive substances, or selfish pursuits would make you happy, but now you know they’re like quicksand. Maybe you used to think that being a Christian would be restrictive and stiff, but now you see that God’s laws are established for your own good. When God says, “Don’t,” He means, “Don’t hurt yourself.” The standard of holiness is a protection of your happiness, given by a loving Father.

 

Using fear and false promises to control people's sexuality. You all have that in common with pimps and child rapists.

Isn't religion an addictive pursuit? Your drug of choice? How does your religion not cause harm but marijuana use does?

So religion is supposed to be what makes one happy. So then you don't care about the damage it does to others or society. You can't even evaluate the possible damage it does because you faith does not allow this. Sounds like a pretty selfish pursuit to me.

 

And of couse you can invent any kind of god of convenience you wish. Since he doesn't exist he can't object.

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Damn I asked for the non-alcoholic herbal tinctures

Brian37 wrote:
All I am understanding is "read these other threads", which really does not adress, unless you are claiming or emplying a different tactic, what I said here.
.

 

Quote:
Books or a hobby SHOULD be any guy's only mistress, if not his muse. Back to 'you'

    Guile Theme Goes with Everything (Die Hard Shoot the Glass) ... It's kinder , gentler Dana. Yes, I know (I know). It's a combination of talking to someone and talking at someone. It is a tailor-made message to JLY. There  are two hidden allusions to the other threads in JesusLovesYou had before his recent resurfacing , not helping I know. But JLY will know. Oh, That's right I dont think he remembers

 

 p.s. -- Do you think they had the non-alcoholic herbal tinctures, I bought (tehehe)

 

 


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4560
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 You know JesusLovesYou,

 You know JesusLovesYou, you are allowed to return to a thread and actually respond to what people say and then they will say something back. It is called having a conversation. I would think with your recent marriage counseling that you would be on top of that.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:JesusLovesYou

EXC wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

  

In your BC days (Before Christ), you didn’t know any better. You may have thought that illicit sexual experiences, addictive substances, or selfish pursuits would make you happy, but now you know they’re like quicksand. Maybe you used to think that being a Christian would be restrictive and stiff, but now you see that God’s laws are established for your own good. When God says, “Don’t,” He means, “Don’t hurt yourself.” The standard of holiness is a protection of your happiness, given by a loving Father.

 

Using fear and false promises to control people's sexuality. You all have that in common with pimps and child rapists.

Isn't religion an addictive pursuit? Your drug of choice? How does your religion not cause harm but marijuana use does?

So religion is supposed to be what makes one happy. So then you don't care about the damage it does to others or society. You can't even evaluate the possible damage it does because you faith does not allow this. Sounds like a pretty selfish pursuit to me.

 

And of couse you can invent any kind of god of convenience you wish. Since he doesn't exist he can't object.

 

 

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:And I will

TWD39 wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

So why don't you kindly threaten me with hell as well?

Way to avoid the issue. Your 'holiness' is just as immoral as any drug addict or criminal.

Even if you god did exist, why would you stand up to his immoral ways?

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:EXC

TWD39 wrote:

EXC wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

  

In your BC days (Before Christ), you didn’t know any better. You may have thought that illicit sexual experiences, addictive substances, or selfish pursuits would make you happy, but now you know they’re like quicksand. Maybe you used to think that being a Christian would be restrictive and stiff, but now you see that God’s laws are established for your own good. When God says, “Don’t,” He means, “Don’t hurt yourself.” The standard of holiness is a protection of your happiness, given by a loving Father.

 

Using fear and false promises to control people's sexuality. You all have that in common with pimps and child rapists.

Isn't religion an addictive pursuit? Your drug of choice? How does your religion not cause harm but marijuana use does?

So religion is supposed to be what makes one happy. So then you don't care about the damage it does to others or society. You can't even evaluate the possible damage it does because you faith does not allow this. Sounds like a pretty selfish pursuit to me.

 

And of couse you can invent any kind of god of convenience you wish. Since he doesn't exist he can't object.

 

 

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

To be honest, I'm sure your God exists - you made him.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:And I will

TWD39 wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist. THat's merely your opinion.

And you have no proof that He does. It's also merely your opinion.

 


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4560
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
blacklight915 wrote:TWD39

blacklight915 wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist. THat's merely your opinion.

And you have no proof that He does. It's also merely your opinion.

 

I feel the need to point out that some opinions are much better than others. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13658
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:EXC

TWD39 wrote:

EXC wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

  

In your BC days (Before Christ), you didn’t know any better. You may have thought that illicit sexual experiences, addictive substances, or selfish pursuits would make you happy, but now you know they’re like quicksand. Maybe you used to think that being a Christian would be restrictive and stiff, but now you see that God’s laws are established for your own good. When God says, “Don’t,” He means, “Don’t hurt yourself.” The standard of holiness is a protection of your happiness, given by a loving Father.

 

Using fear and false promises to control people's sexuality. You all have that in common with pimps and child rapists.

Isn't religion an addictive pursuit? Your drug of choice? How does your religion not cause harm but marijuana use does?

So religion is supposed to be what makes one happy. So then you don't care about the damage it does to others or society. You can't even evaluate the possible damage it does because you faith does not allow this. Sounds like a pretty selfish pursuit to me.

 

And of couse you can invent any kind of god of convenience you wish. Since he doesn't exist he can't object.

 

 

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

See if you can spot the pattern.

And I will kindly remind you that you have NO proof that Allah does not exist. That is merely your opinion.

And I will kindly remind you that you have NO proof that Yahweh does not exist. That is merely your opinion.

And I will kindly remind you that you have NO proof that Vishnu does not exist. That is merely your opinion.

And I will kindly remind you that you have NO proof that Osirus does not exist. That is merely your opinion.

Now, to be consistant using your logic then all those statements are true by default because you cannot prove they are not true. Somehow I do not think you do that.

So the truth is you do reject some claims and do not consider them true by default.

The only defference between what you reject as a claim and what we reject as a claim is that we merely reject one more claim than you do. When you understand why you reject those claims above then you can understand why we reject your claim as well.

We are intitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts. Now, when you, or any polythistic god or monotheistic god claimant can prove that a magical invisible non material super brain is even a posibility,then you might have something. But until then(and believe me I won't hold my breath) until then I am under no obligation to blindly buy what is clearly a gap answer on your part with an equal amount of evidence as any other person claiming a different pet god you reject.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Funny A_Nony_Mouse was just sayin ' :

 Funny A_Nony_Mouse was just sayin' moments ago . . 

Last night Nony said something along those and similar lines, if you'd show up at 'The Fall' Thread

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Damasius wrote:
Lets forget about the references to the problem of evil and to probabilities, I think this is an important admission on your part. Now tell me , in the real world, whats the difference between an ''agnostic atheist'' and an agnostic?  Do you think this is a meaningfull distinction? Now you say that im correct in saying that not having sufficient evidence for X doesn't automatically dismiss X as existing. What about the other poster, he did just that, do you think he is wrong? Also, what do you mean by practical purposes being an atheist??

An agnostic is a person like you who has no physical evidence of the existence of any god or gods. An atheist is a person like you who rejects all but the gods of Eden and Babel except rejects those gods also.

 {Nony continued to write} ..You have rejected the tens of thousands of gods of humans and settled for just the gods of the Hebrews, the Elohim. So the evidence need not be greater than your arbitrary and capricious rejection of so many gods.

 

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3188
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:And I will

TWD39 wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

Faith? Really? You are going to use that as "proof" that your god exists? Please, come up with some thing original.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
And I will kindly remind you

TWD39 wrote:

EXC wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

  

In your BC days (Before Christ), you didn’t know any better. You may have thought that illicit sexual experiences, addictive substances, or selfish pursuits would make you happy, but now you know they’re like quicksand. Maybe you used to think that being a Christian would be restrictive and stiff, but now you see that God’s laws are established for your own good. When God says, “Don’t,” He means, “Don’t hurt yourself.” The standard of holiness is a protection of your happiness, given by a loving Father.

 

Using fear and false promises to control people's sexuality. You all have that in common with pimps and child rapists.

Isn't religion an addictive pursuit? Your drug of choice? How does your religion not cause harm but marijuana use does?

So religion is supposed to be what makes one happy. So then you don't care about the damage it does to others or society. You can't even evaluate the possible damage it does because you faith does not allow this. Sounds like a pretty selfish pursuit to me.

 

And of couse you can invent any kind of god of convenience you wish. Since he doesn't exist he can't object.

 

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

 

that this endlessly repeated 'argument' of yours is a fallacious appeal to ignorance and thus, is irrational. 

"An appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence."

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/ignorant.html

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Digital exurps from the Senior Pastor's 2008 book . .

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or man  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

 

 

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3188
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or man  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

 

 

LOL. Are those excerpts from the "source" he is claiming?

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2396
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or man  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

 

 

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2396
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
What's wrong?

                           Danatemporary I tried to quote and comment on the previous post, based on your post and the site would NOT let me enter a comment just the actual quote.                          Can you find a ten year old computer geek and twist their little arm, like I do untill they FIX your printer. I can't read print that  small!!!!!  

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
The quoted excerpts are a little earlier ..

Jeffrick wrote:

                           Danatemporary I tried to quote and comment on the previous post

 

 

Check on your "Screen Resolution and Aspect Ratio"

Not with the choice of font size used by the OP nor this example but in a previous situation. Vastet made a follow up comment to the specific post you made. I can give you the reference if you'd like.

{Vastet wrote:}

Vastet wrote:
@ Dana & Jeffrick Intriguingly, the post Jeffrick quoted and mentioned has a small font actually appears larger to me than regular posts. I can post a couple screenshots to show it if you like. I'd offer to reformat the posts, but the character limit I work under applies and much text would be lost. I opened it in an edit window to see what, if any, html tags could be viewed despite the character limit, which automatically deletes all text after the maximum text, and the only tag I could see was size=11. I'm under the impression the default is smaller, as any time I've used size=10 it increases the size of the text from my perspective, and in this particular case that assumption appears to hold true, as that posts' text is larger than the majority of the thread. So I'm not sure what's going on at Jeffrick's end.

. . .

 Ps -- Vastet is probably using Chrome, somewhat unsure.


 

 


 

 Digitalbeachbum,  As to the excerpt(s) themselves. Yep. It's the Senior Pastor in his own words. The OP is from late 2012 (I assume), the quotes are earlier.

 


Feredir28
Feredir28's picture
Posts: 45
Joined: 2011-01-08
User is offlineOffline
Wha....?

In all honesty....what the frack is this post? Nothing more than some half-assed sermon...did you honestly think that would be any effective on an atheist forum DUE TO THE SIMPLE FACT that you have NOT even proven the existence of god?

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

You have no proof that god DOES exist...nothing in your post here has provided a single effort to prove the existence of god.

YOU are the one who has failed to meet the burden of proof. Until you can provide proof, your convictions concerning god are merely your own baseless opinions.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Maybe

 

 

we could re-start the conversation about proof of a god by carefully defining our terms.

OP, what is a god? Use terms that are coherent and can be generally comprehended. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
AE carefully define our terms :)

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

 

we could re-start the conversation about proof of a god by carefully defining our terms.

OP, what is a god? Use terms that are coherent and can be generally comprehended. 

  Thumbs up. Atheistextremist


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

danatemporary wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or man  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

Frankly I found it interesting that there is a congregation devoted to raising and harvesting bibles. I had always thought they grew in the wild and were collected like mushrooms as in no two are alike. The wild harvest concept explained why they are as common as weeds.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Jeffrick wrote:
Danatemporary I tried to quote and comment on the previous post, based on your post and the site would NOT let me enter a comment just the actual quote.


Can you find a ten year old computer geek and twist their little arm, like I do untill they FIX your printer. I can't read print that  small!!!!!
 If you love to hate those quotes consider that as little at two centuries ago you could be advised to watch a seed sprout or the rain fall or the seasons change to see the same thing. Believers have faith there will never be a gap too small for their god to hide in.   

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
Feredir28 wrote:In all

Feredir28 wrote:

In all honesty....what the frack is this post? Nothing more than some half-assed sermon...did you honestly think that would be any effective on an atheist forum DUE TO THE SIMPLE FACT that you have NOT even proven the existence of god?

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

You have no proof that god DOES exist...nothing in your post here has provided a single effort to prove the existence of god.

YOU are the one who has failed to meet the burden of proof. Until you can provide proof, your convictions concerning god are merely your own baseless opinions.

 

There is loads of proof out there.  But proof to someone who willingfully wants to stay blind?  None really.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Dont get a cramp with all that typing ..

 Dont get a cramp with all that typing. Take heart dear one, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

 

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13658
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Feredir28

TWD39 wrote:

Feredir28 wrote:

In all honesty....what the frack is this post? Nothing more than some half-assed sermon...did you honestly think that would be any effective on an atheist forum DUE TO THE SIMPLE FACT that you have NOT even proven the existence of god?

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

You have no proof that god DOES exist...nothing in your post here has provided a single effort to prove the existence of god.

YOU are the one who has failed to meet the burden of proof. Until you can provide proof, your convictions concerning god are merely your own baseless opinions.

 

There is loads of proof out there.  But proof to someone who willingfully wants to stay blind?  None really.

I do have to give you credit, it never ceases to amaze me the mental gymnastics humans use in their imaginations to try to make a new tux and put it on the dead skunk of bad logic.

Lets see if a non religious example will snap you out of this bad logic.

"I have an invisible Lamborghini I want to sell you".

Now you cannot tell me in reading that that you would simply accept my naked assertion. You would as any sane person would, rejecte it.

So the truth is it is possisible to reject a claim without disproving it. Otherwise I can set up a paypal account and you can send me that 100 bucks right now.

Now again, I would highly suggest that you know and accept that that IS what you do when you reject the pet god claims of people with other pet gods. All we are pointing out to you  is that you simply stop when it gets to your own claim and then that logic stops. However, we don't take anything on face value as far as ANY claim of ANY religion.

Just like you don't blindly accept the claims of others, we only go one step further than you do. So have the intelectual bravery to aim that logic at your own claim, otherwise you are nothing but an inconsistant hypocrite.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:TWD39

Brian37 wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Feredir28 wrote:

In all honesty....what the frack is this post? Nothing more than some half-assed sermon...did you honestly think that would be any effective on an atheist forum DUE TO THE SIMPLE FACT that you have NOT even proven the existence of god?

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

You have no proof that god DOES exist...nothing in your post here has provided a single effort to prove the existence of god.

YOU are the one who has failed to meet the burden of proof. Until you can provide proof, your convictions concerning god are merely your own baseless opinions.

 

There is loads of proof out there.  But proof to someone who willingfully wants to stay blind?  None really.

I do have to give you credit, it never ceases to amaze me the mental gymnastics humans use in their imaginations to try to make a new tux and put it on the dead skunk of bad logic.

Lets see if a non religious example will snap you out of this bad logic.

"I have an invisible Lamborghini I want to sell you".

Now you cannot tell me in reading that that you would simply accept my naked assertion. You would as any sane person would, rejecte it.

So the truth is it is possisible to reject a claim without disproving it. Otherwise I can set up a paypal account and you can send me that 100 bucks right now.

Now again, I would highly suggest that you know and accept that that IS what you do when you reject the pet god claims of people with other pet gods. All we are pointing out to you  is that you simply stop when it gets to your own claim and then that logic stops. However, we don't take anything on face value as far as ANY claim of ANY religion.

Just like you don't blindly accept the claims of others, we only go one step further than you do. So have the intelectual bravery to aim that logic at your own claim, otherwise you are nothing but an inconsistant hypocrite.

 

 

Well invisibility is an emerging technology so I wouldn't automatically rule it out. You can reject any claim you want.  That doesn't mean you've proven anything.  You can not conclusively boast that there is no God without having God-like knowledge of the entire world.  For example, how can you claim that miracle healing NEVER takes place with knowing all the facts surrounding every single case?  OTOH, there is a group of doctors around the world that meet for a healing conference to share their experiences and evidences of healing.   You only have science to fall back on for proof and explanations, and I have clearly demonstrated how science fails to be perfect all the time, and there are many things it can not explain like the placebo effect.  OTOH, my faith can explain such mysteries. 


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Yeah

TWD39 wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Feredir28 wrote:

In all honesty....what the frack is this post? Nothing more than some half-assed sermon...did you honestly think that would be any effective on an atheist forum DUE TO THE SIMPLE FACT that you have NOT even proven the existence of god?

 

JesusLovesYou wrote:

And I will kindly remind that you have NO proof that God does not exist.  THat's merely your opinion.

You have no proof that god DOES exist...nothing in your post here has provided a single effort to prove the existence of god.

YOU are the one who has failed to meet the burden of proof. Until you can provide proof, your convictions concerning god are merely your own baseless opinions.

 

There is loads of proof out there.  But proof to someone who willingfully wants to stay blind?  None really.

I do have to give you credit, it never ceases to amaze me the mental gymnastics humans use in their imaginations to try to make a new tux and put it on the dead skunk of bad logic.

Lets see if a non religious example will snap you out of this bad logic.

"I have an invisible Lamborghini I want to sell you".

Now you cannot tell me in reading that that you would simply accept my naked assertion. You would as any sane person would, rejecte it.

So the truth is it is possisible to reject a claim without disproving it. Otherwise I can set up a paypal account and you can send me that 100 bucks right now.

Now again, I would highly suggest that you know and accept that that IS what you do when you reject the pet god claims of people with other pet gods. All we are pointing out to you  is that you simply stop when it gets to your own claim and then that logic stops. However, we don't take anything on face value as far as ANY claim of ANY religion.

Just like you don't blindly accept the claims of others, we only go one step further than you do. So have the intelectual bravery to aim that logic at your own claim, otherwise you are nothing but an inconsistant hypocrite.

 

 

Well invisibility is an emerging technology so I wouldn't automatically rule it out. You can reject any claim you want.  That doesn't mean you've proven anything.  You can not conclusively boast that there is no God without having God-like knowledge of the entire world.  For example, how can you claim that miracle healing NEVER takes place with knowing all the facts surrounding every single case?  OTOH, there is a group of doctors around the world that meet for a healing conference to share their experiences and evidences of healing.   You only have science to fall back on for proof and explanations, and I have clearly demonstrated how science fails to be perfect all the time, and there are many things it can not explain like the placebo effect.  OTOH, my faith can explain such mysteries. 

 

Go on, explain to us how your faith works using the empirical method that's applied to medical science. And tell us how miracles actually work - and not this bollocks: "Oh, my sweet, loving saviour dunnit but ohhh, I don't know how. It's ever so mysterious but it says in the bible we weren't meant to know. And, like, that's all the evidence a person like me actually needs."

As I've told you endlessly TWD, you can reject any claim you want but that doesn't mean you've proved anything. You cannot prove there is a god without having god-like knowledge of extant reality, past the hubble constant, to the edge of the universe, and arguably beyond. Your faith is not an explanation, it's nothing but a band aid you run about plastering over what you don't understand. It measures nothing but your intellectual integrity.   

So - next time you go on a long trip in your car with the family, put a piece of cardboard over the fuel gauge and pray to jesus to warn you when you're about to run dry. Don't look at the fuel gauge whatever you do, because that shit's empirical evidence of a material volume which is the work of satan and, according to you, empiricism doesn't work, anyway. Hell. Cover the speedometer as well. And don't worry. The lord will provide. 

 

P.S. As agnostic atheists, we already know humans can't prove there's a god or not. That's why we are agnostic atheists. But while we cannot know what lies outside the universe, or even what lies beyond the hubble constant, in this knowable material reality we see no evidence of god, nor even a cogent definition of a god. All we see is evidence of mankind using human hopes and fears and conscience as a lever of control. You on the other hand, TWD, are not an agnostic christian. Tell us why using the sorts of knowable proofs you so ironically demand from us. 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 331
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Well

TWD39 wrote:

Well invisibility is an emerging technology so I wouldn't automatically rule it out. You can reject any claim you want.  That doesn't mean you've proven anything. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA! Wow. Ok.

If, somehow, I were to perfect invisibility, right now, would I be able to commit a murder any time I want without ever getting caught? Sure I'd have an advantage, and if my main goal was to commit them and never get caught (follow the rules of never going after someone I know, never doing it close to home, etc etc.,) then I'd still do well. But you always leave evidence. DNA, hair, fingerprints....TONS of things. You're suggesting a bit more than invisibility here. You're suggesting someone that leaves no conclusive evidence. Ever! You've never SUGGESTED any evidence above the "ridiculously vague and abstract" variety, let alone present any outright. 

I still am chuckling that you suggest that god is a physical being that requires an invisibility cloak that we haven't invented yet. So is god an immaterial mind (meaning invisibility wouldn't be important) or is he physical (meaning you might actually be Mormon?)

TWD39 wrote:
 

You can not conclusively boast that there is no God without having God-like knowledge of the entire world. 

Nor can you boast that there is a god without the same knowledge. We can prove (were you to offer the opportunity to properly examine your brain (an fMRI perhaps....remember how important that "f" is there?)) that your internal god experience, the transcendent feeling, can be felt by Hindus, Muslims......aaaand even us godless heathens. So your only evidence is your personal experience, since you haven't provided anything worthwhile here.

TWD39 wrote:
 

For example, how can you claim that miracle healing NEVER takes place with knowing all the facts surrounding every single case? 

How can you prove that one has taken place? The cases where we DO know all the facts shows no miracle healing. The cases where we don't fall into 2 categories:

1. We know what probably happened, and are probably fully correct. We haven't examined everything in this particular case, but it seems similar to countless experiences we have had, and would contend this as our best guess.

2. We're not sure how this person got better. Let's investigate relentlessly, as people getting better is our business, and is good for the world.  If we can replicate this wonderful recovery, we can help people....or make a ton of money if we're giant dicks!

TWD39 wrote:
 

OTOH, there is a group of doctors around the world that meet for a healing conference to share their experiences and evidences of healing.  

Have they ever come up with anything conclusive and repeatable? I would think not. If they ever came up with one thing...just ONE.....I might be impressed. However, since they haven't, either god deliberately moves the goalposts on what works for faith healing (which would make him truly a giant douchebag) or he doesn't exist. The only third option is that everyone is ALWAYS getting it wrong, but that doesn't fit in with what you're proposing, so let's ignore option 3 for now.

TWD39 wrote:
 

You only have science to fall back on for proof and explanations,

I'm sorry that our only avenue for discovering what works is investigation, and a process that helps us make the most accurate of predictions possible. If only there were a better way!!

TWD39 wrote:
 

and I have clearly demonstrated how science fails to be perfect all the time,

I agree with you that it fails to be perfect all (of) the time. I disagree with you actually getting to that conclusion by a logical process though. We never said it's perfect, but it's the best we have, and it's pretty damn good let me tell you!

TWD39 wrote:
 

and there are many things it can not explain like the placebo effect. 

The placebo effect perhaps isn't perfectly documented to how it works, but we know it does work, and it makes some sense. Hypochondria is somewhat the opposite....both sides have some semblance of a "self fulfilling prophecy" to them. Clearly all that tells us is that morale and attitude are a big factor in illness, and it works both ways. Show me an amputee recovering due to a placebo, instead of a prosthetic limb, and we'll talk. "Don't be ridiculous" you might say....coming from the person who claims that their god is capable of anything. Coming from the person who claims that his god cured cancer. Coming from the person who says that his god did "insert any good thing here. Do not insert any bad things. Also, only insert good things that were beyond our visibility in order to maintain the mystery"

TWD39 wrote:
 

OTOH, my faith can explain such mysteries. 

No it can't. I thought the point of such faith was to be shrouded in some mystery. You're just saying "I don't know, therefore god". That! Is! All! 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Never did drugs and broke off ties with anyone who ever did use.

       Wade Davis (photo included) once asked, “What kind of world do we want to live in — a poly chromatic world of diversity or a mono chromatic world of monotony?” Wade Davis, who is the Explorer-in-Residence at the National Geographic Society and a noted anthropologist,. Primary interest and study, in part, has to do with psychopharmacology and Psychotropic use  (tehehe).


 Re :: Never did drugs and broke off ties with anyone who ever did use.

Want_a_Trip wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Well invisibility is an emerging technology so I wouldn't automatically rule it out. You can reject any claim you want.  That doesn't mean you've proven anything.

    
Jaberwocky wrote:
Ok. You've never SUGGESTED any evidence above the "ridiculously vague and abstract" variety, let alone present any outright . .

 

I still am chuckling that you suggest that god is a physical being that requires an invisibility cloak that we haven't invented yet. So is god an immaterial mind (meaning invisibility wouldn't be important) or is he physical (meaning you might actually be Mormon?)


     TWD is no mormon, although, w/ her apparent stance of voting 'Biblical Values' in the next election cycle, you never know

 We must applaud attempts with more empirical and research related efforts (usage of the term 'effort' cannot be associated with TWD).

 

 


* * *

  Boring is safe,  boring is good ¬ Ron Stoppable

 


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:
There is loads of proof out there.  But proof to someone who willingfully wants to stay blind?  None really.

Proof applies only to math and logic. If you have evidence produce it. Take all the time you need.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Why are believers such idiots???

Because if they were not idiots they would not be believers.

TWD39 wrote:
Well invisibility is an emerging technology so I wouldn't automatically rule it out. You can reject any claim you want.

The wind has been invisible for all my lifetime. But deliberate misrepresenting what was said is perhaps the reason they are believers and idiots.

Quote:
That doesn't mean you've proven anything.  You can not conclusively boast that there is no God without having God-like knowledge of the entire world.

For the millionth time to you idiots, YOU bear the burden of evidencing the existence of the gods you claim exist. No one has to demonstrate a negative. ALL the reasons you give for Zeus not existing apply to your gods. Now make your case for your gods of choice or stop annoying the adults.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Wrong move on my part not to mention . . . .

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:
There is loads of proof out there.  But proof to someone who willingfully wants to stay blind?  None really.

Proof applies only to math and logic. If you have evidence produce it. Take all the time you need.

 

  Wrong move on my part not to mention. Nony you'd be the sixth or seventh person on the board who at one time or another who hasnt reminded TWD can take all the time TWD needs, there's no time limit. Little evidence there is of this making any difference fore none survives scientific and historical scrutiny. As you once pointed out attempts on this site have been 'a abysmal failure'. Given all the time one needs is a courtesy, with the understanding life makes demands of our attention. But with a lack of exploration, what good is it ? It would be so nice to take a different tact with TWD, but Twd39 continues to view Atheism as an attack. Though more than hinted at, TWD (born of the spirit) has not  realized the board is made up of individuals nor how foolish it is assume people cannot be nice.  

  Remember who you are addressing.

TWD_39 wrote:
So I provide research and answers, and then what?  Oh let's see, you call me stupid  Insult my faith.  Offer no counter-argument with supporting cites or evidence.  Or you simply bury me with more questions and completely ignore my points.  Atheists don't get a free pass either.

 


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

danatemporary wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
TWD39 wrote:
There is loads of proof out there.  But proof to someone who willingfully wants to stay blind?  None really.

Proof applies only to math and logic. If you have evidence produce it. Take all the time you need.

  Wrong move on my part not to mention. Nony you'd be the sixth or seventh person on the board who at one time or another who hasnt reminded TWD can take all the time TWD needs, there's no time limit. Little evidence there is of this making any difference fore none survives scientific and historical scrutiny. As you once pointed out attempts on this site have been 'a abysmal failure'. Given all the time one needs is a courtesy, with the understanding life makes demands of our attention. But with a lack of exploration, what good is it ? It would be so nice to take a different tact with TWD, but Twd39 continues to view Atheism as an attack. Though more than hinted at, TWD (born of the spirit) has not  realized the board is made up of individuals nor how foolish it is assume people cannot be nice.  

  Remember who you are addressing.

TWD_39 wrote:
So I provide research and answers, and then what?  Oh let's see, you call me stupid  Insult my faith.  Offer no counter-argument with supporting cites or evidence.  Or you simply bury me with more questions and completely ignore my points.  Atheists don't get a free pass either.

As you remind us he invites being called the idiot he is.

If I had any evidence it were a condition I might conclude he is pathologically incapable of recognizing there is any reference frame other than his own. Actually that is sociopathic just not in the CSI sense. Empathy is an elementary human capability yet he does not appear able to recognize there are people who do not have the premises he gives here.

It is as though he cannot comprehend there can be a view of the world where his god and religion are not automatically accepted by everyone. He appears to be unable to recognize his world view must be justified. To assume he is this kind of sociopath I have to assume he is being honest.

OK, he is a sociopath. I can deal with him that way.

But if as is most likely he is simply being dishonest it is unclear why he continues to participate here in the first place. He has to see he is not accomplishing anything, that he is making no headway. He has to see no one will take his premises. Yet he makes no attempt to change his approach or even to pretend to accomodate us if solely for the purpose of argumentation.

I've known a few like this over the years but usually they either move on to a discussion of irreconcilable differences and lose interest or, long before now, they have delivered a final sermon damning us to hell and disappeared.

Between an honest sociopath with an inability to empathize (see there is another point of view) and dishonest believer unable to vary his approach I don't see a third option as an honest believer would have left long ago.

There is even no knowledgeable disagreement. Yes, I have made a hobby of ancient hsitory and archaeology among many other things. And I picked up a lot about bibleland along the way because the newsgroups on those subjects were always being invaded by true believers making ridiculous claims. Unfortunately I picked up a lot of currently popular as well as historically popular nonsense on bibleland history and archaeology. These people have not made the least effort to learn enough about either to even make the nonsense claims. If it were not for their vocabulary I would assume they were getting this stuff from their Sunday school teachers.

I guess I am really just complaining about the low quality believers we attract and wish there were more of a challenge.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
JMLY (see: Below)

JMLY (see: Below)

digitalbeachbum wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

JesusMightLovesYou wrote:

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or may  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

 

 

LOL. Are those excerpts from the "source" he is claiming?

 Attn .  JesusMightLoveYou :

 JesusMightLoveYou, Encase you are ever lurking. To date I believe this was the only statement ever made about your Pastor's words or his specific church (though I could be wrong). This was on the specific charge 'you' insisted upon LEVELING AT THE BOARD ABOUT A SPECIFIC CHURCH, out of the blue. Unless you are conflating an entire thread's content in your mind, I am not following your thinking, EVEN A BIT. Harvest Bible Chapel was mentioned in three other places, but I am too tired to look up the references. But I'd almost bet they are not applicable to the allegations your most current thread has made. Btw, What's with the charges you are making in early November ? And, Where exactly was the term cult used directly at this guy's group ? Simply put, I'm not following ? Please take time to explain.

 

 

 

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:JMLY

danatemporary wrote:

JMLY (see: Below)

digitalbeachbum wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

JesusMightLovesYou wrote:

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or may  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

 

 

LOL. Are those excerpts from the "source" he is claiming?

 Attn .  JesusMightLoveYou :

 JesusMightLoveYou, Encase you are ever lurking. To date I believe this was the only statement ever made about your Pastor's words or his specific church (though I could be wrong). This was on the specific charge 'you' insisted upon LEVELING AT THE BOARD ABOUT A SPECIFIC CHURCH, out of the blue. Unless you are conflating an entire thread's content in your mind, I am not following your thinking, EVEN A BIT. Harvest Bible Chapel was mentioned in three other places, but I am too tired to look up the references. But I'd almost bet they are not applicable to the allegations your most current thread has made. Btw, What's with the charges you are making in early November ? And, Where exactly was the term cult used directly at this guy's group ? Simply put, I'm not following ? Please take time to explain.

 

 

 

 

As it always has been with you dana, i do not follow your logic.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:JMLY

danatemporary wrote:

JMLY (see: Below)

digitalbeachbum wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

JesusMightLovesYou wrote:

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or may  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

 

 

LOL. Are those excerpts from the "source" he is claiming?

 Attn .  JesusMightLoveYou :

 JesusMightLoveYou, Encase you are ever lurking. To date I believe this was the only statement ever made about your Pastor's words or his specific church (though I could be wrong). This was on the specific charge 'you' insisted upon LEVELING AT THE BOARD ABOUT A SPECIFIC CHURCH, out of the blue. Unless you are conflating an entire thread's content in your mind, I am not following your thinking, EVEN A BIT. Harvest Bible Chapel was mentioned in three other places, but I am too tired to look up the references. But I'd almost bet they are not applicable to the allegations your most current thread has made. Btw, What's with the charges you are making in early November ? And, Where exactly was the term cult used directly at this guy's group ? Simply put, I'm not following ? Please take time to explain.

 

 

 

 

As it always has been with you dana, i do not follow your logic.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: As it

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 As it always has been with you dana, i do not follow your logic.

 

Excuse me, but aren't you the same guy who makes unsavory assumptions about the sex life of people he doesn't even know ? 

I don't follow that either. Explanation ? 


 


 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3188
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 As it always has been with you dana, i do not follow your logic.

Excuse me, but aren't you the same guy who makes unsavory assumptions about the sex life of people he doesn't even know ? 

I don't follow that either. Explanation ? 

They have unsavory assumptions about sex life because they are still trying to figure out how a penis and vagina work.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Who used the word 'cult' ??

JesusLovesYou wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

JMLY (see: Below)

digitalbeachbum wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

JesusMightLovesYou wrote:

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or may  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

 

 

LOL. Are those excerpts from the "source" he is claiming?

 Attn .  JesusMightLoveYou :

 JesusMightLoveYou, Encase you are ever lurking. To date I believe this was the only statement ever made about your Pastor's words or his specific church (though I could be wrong). This was on the specific charge 'you' insisted upon LEVELING AT THE BOARD ABOUT A SPECIFIC CHURCH, out of the blue. Unless you are conflating an entire thread's content in your mind, I am not following your thinking, EVEN A BIT. Harvest Bible Chapel was mentioned in three other places, but I am too tired to look up the references. But I'd almost bet they are not applicable to the allegations your most current thread has made. Btw, What's with the charges you are making in early November ? And, Where exactly was the term cult used directly at this guy's group ? Simply put, I'm not following ? Please take time to explain.

 

 

 

 

As it always has been with you dana, i do not follow your logic.

  As much as I sincerely try to be nice when your local church leader is embroiled in a scandal. Who has used the word 'cult' ? Short enough for you to understand ?!? Your failure to understand language is well documented on this board. You are the only one who doesnt know nor realize the fact. Apparently, You have no memory of your own remarks and statements made to the board. Recommendation: Seriously stock-up on Post-It Notes, you'll have a use for them with your problems.

 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

JMLY (see: Below)

digitalbeachbum wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

JesusMightLovesYou wrote:

 

James MacDonald - Senior Pastor - Harvest Bible Chapel              

 From his 2008 book 10 Choices: A Proven Plan author: MacDonald

  Digital preview quotes from a single chapter and a half . .

" Are you ready--I mean really really ? ..Possibly you Have concluded that believing is a characteristic you may or may  not have but one most definitely cannot obtain simply by choosing? Well, let me promise you it's not like that .."

 ".. Hang on to something tight . .  'The scientific world had no substantive, satisfying answers' . . Well, I dont see the proof for God. Why dont you go out on a starlit night. There's your proof.".

  ".. Silently ponder the things that are right in front of you; all the deepest longings of your heart. To help you think through the implications of the choice"

 

 

LOL. Are those excerpts from the "source" he is claiming?

 Attn .  JesusMightLoveYou :

 JesusMightLoveYou, Encase you are ever lurking. To date I believe this was the only statement ever made about your Pastor's words or his specific church (though I could be wrong). This was on the specific charge 'you' insisted upon LEVELING AT THE BOARD ABOUT A SPECIFIC CHURCH, out of the blue. Unless you are conflating an entire thread's content in your mind, I am not following your thinking, EVEN A BIT. Harvest Bible Chapel was mentioned in three other places, but I am too tired to look up the references. But I'd almost bet they are not applicable to the allegations your most current thread has made. Btw, What's with the charges you are making in early November ? And, Where exactly was the term cult used directly at this guy's group ? Simply put, I'm not following ? Please take time to explain.

 

 

 

 

As it always has been with you dana, i do not follow your logic.

  As much as I sincerely try to be nice when your local church leader is embroiled in a scandal. Who has used the word 'cult' ? Short enough for you to understand ?!? Your failure to understand language is well documented on this board. You are the only one who doesnt know nor realize the fact. Apparently, You have no memory of your own remarks and statements made to the board. Recommendation: Seriously stock-up on Post-It Notes, you'll have a use for them with your problems.

 

if you are referring to The Elephant's Debt, it has been proven false

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
re:: Apparently I could be referring to a ton of things . .

re: Talk to the blogosphere

Oh, Talk to the blogosphere. Meaning, Good Christians tend to blog. You want to defend the man ? Fill us in on your side then . . .


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1574
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
re:: Apparently I could be referring to a ton of things . .

re: Talk to the blogosphere

Oh, Talk to the blogosphere. Meaning, Good Christians tend to blog. You want to defend the man ? Fill us in on your side then . . .


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:re: Talk

danatemporary wrote:
re: Talk to the blogosphere Oh, Talk to the blogosphere. Meaning, Good Christians tend to blog. You want to defend the man ? Fill us in on your side then . . .

go here: http://www.harvestbiblechapel.org/10780/article/article_id/326700/Update-from-the-Elders

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

danatemporary wrote:
re: Talk to the blogosphere Oh, Talk to the blogosphere. Meaning, Good Christians tend to blog. You want to defend the man ? Fill us in on your side then . . .

go here: http://www.harvestbiblechapel.org/10780/article/article_id/326700/Update-from-the-Elders

This link does nothing of what you want it to do.

What's YOUR side?

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin